It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque After "Obsession" DVD Hits Ohio

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Let's put all requests for proof and opinions aside for a second and look at what we have been presented: people were hurt by a currently unknown source (speculated to be intentionally sprayed according to a young girl's eyewitness account), the "Obsession" DVD circulates through newspapers (most, if not all of which are in swing states), and there is the possible/alleged connection between McCain and said distribution of the DVDs... First and foremost, it is without a doubt unfortunate that innocents were injured (especially during worship) and even more troubling that they may have been attacked. IMHO, it would seem that someone(s) DID attack them, but "innocent until proven guilty", right? Also, there is far too much coincidence between all of this when you look at these topics as a whole: DVDs circulate... they do so in swing states... Muslims are attacked in a said swing state quite soon after DVD circulation... this whole situation is like catching a kid with crumbs on his face and asking if he emptied out the cookie jar. I will not pretend to know the ultimate answer/conclusion to this story, but it would seem (to me at least) that there are far too many connections for there NOT to be truth to most, if not all of this. The only thing that I DO know is that whether or not any extremists or terrorists of the Islamic faith "deserve" such actions or not, those that do not subscribe to their terrorist idealogy should not be punished. I am also greatly troubled by the thought a previous poster provided - that the desensitizing and fear tactics that some Americans may portray towards Muslim Americans may be starting to mirror that of the Nazis and Jews. I am quite sure that I have probably been quite redundant and will more than likely have someone call me out on some tidbit of info, but oh well... It is my sincere hope that more situations like this don't occurr, but our society is far from being such a fairytale utopia...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Let's not over react. Often, people perpetrate hate crimes themselves as a defense mechanism of sorts. Blacks nail racial hate notes to their own dorm doors, gays report things that were fabricated. This is common. Even after the truth is revealed, the false accuser usually gets away with a false report and is not charged, often because the "crime" could have happened. Time will tell on this story.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is a flagrant attempt to launch another crusades by the religious neocons of the west. It is intended to play the fear card once again, and unfortunately will succeed just like it did with the governments role in 9/11. But the US population are just way too stupid to ever get this! And yes terrorism does exist, and we are now only fueling it (a self fulfilling prophecy with intent!).

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kyanther

The DVD by itself is just information and facts that you can readily has seen on TV, the INTERNET or here in ATS.

We all know that radical Islam breeds violence.

The problem is that a person with enough understanding f0r the dangers of Islam will see as just another tool of information.

But this time was enforced with a political twist.

Many people with less that reasonable intelligent or people that are already radicals or hateful people themselves will see the DVD as the OK to pursue their own version of justice.

But in itself the DVD has nothing that we already know about radical Islam.

After you see it please lets us know what you think about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Now I would never accuse John McCain or his campaign staff of stooping so low as to distribute these DVD's. That would be an act of political suicide and would end his presidential aspirations.

But obviously some sort of political calculation was made to frighten people in the battleground states which will decide the upcoming election.

John McCain should denounce these videos and these types gutter tactics immediately for we see the consequences all to clearly as innocent children are gassed while praying in a church. I don't think you can go much lower than that for a vote Mr. McCain.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This isn't in the mainstream so McCain doesn't feel the need to "denounce" it...

[edit on 29-9-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

This DVD is being used as a scare tactic by the McCain campaign and is having the unintended consequences of violence against Arab Americans.

My opinion as an individual and thoroughly appalled human being:

John McCain has a moral obligation to publicly censure the Clarion Fund, the organization that produced Obsession and is distributing the DVDs; to denounce the inflammatory, anti-Muslim message of Obsession; and to do everything in his power to stop any further campaign activities by his supporters that have the potential to incite violence.

www.dailykos.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Show proof mcain started this dvd distribution to slander obama and Muslims like the op said.

or delete thread as it is political trolling.

don't show favoritism toward thread's or posters ats.

trolling is trolling.

This is a outrage we allow people to slander a candidates name with no proof as to if mcain did start the dvd.

beside weird website's that also say bat boy lives in Ohio also.

thus this topic is TROLLING..plain and simple.
made with the intent to prove with no fact's to slander a political candidate.AKA Mcain.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Well we are talking about Ohio hear. Not exactly the most open minded people. sorry if any of you are from there. I have met a few nice people from Ohio but even they were a bit intollorent of others for no reason. I couldn't understand it but I guess thats how they are. Just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

well maybe you should direct your obvious disdain to the people who distributed this dvd (and the copies on you tube) instead of shouting `TROLL TROLL TROLL`

oh and obvious support for McCain is also not wanted

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hmmm.. hey guys. Its me again.

I've been trying to see if I could find anything else on this. So far, it looks like the investigation continues. Below is the article from the Dayton Daily.

Dayton Daily

DAYTON — Officials from the Dayton fire department and HAZMAT have not determined what type of chemical was released during a Friday night service at the Islamic Society of Greater Dayton center, 26 Josie St., according to Dayton Fire Lt. John Strukamp.

The Society held the service to recognize and celebrate Ramadan, but the service was disrupted by a suspected chemical irritant that forced members out of the church and into the streets.

Dayton fire emergency personnel were dispatched to the Society's center at 26 Josie St., near downtown, about 9:45 p.m. on a report of a chemical irritant in the basement. When firefighters and HAZMAT personnel arrived, they noticed a bad odor, Strukamp said Saturday, Sept. 27.

HAZMAT officials reported to the fire department that "they had checked the structure for pepper spray, but nothing was detected," Strukamp said.

So far there is no indication that the incident was the result of a hate crime, according to Dayton police.

Society officials could not be reached for comment Saturday.

On Friday night, emergency medical personnel set up triage stations in at least two places — along South Keowee Street and at Josie and McLain streets — to treat those who complained of burning eyes and labored breathing.

On Friday night, Ismail Gula, ISGD secretary, said people were praying during the weekly service when some in the audience began to cough and experience breathing troubles, then left the building.

Once outside, one of them called 911, Gula said.

According to fire dispatch communications, a child reported seeing two men with a white can spraying something into a window.

Fire dispatch communications also revealed that one adult and one child were taken to area hospitals for treatment related to the irritant.

Emergency personnel used towels and saline to wipe the eyes of several of the people who had been in the building.

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Muslim calendar. During the month, Muslims fast (do not eat) from sunrise to sunset. In the evening and in the morning before the sun comes up, they eat small meals. During this month, they take extra time for family, inner reflection, and spiritual growth.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thanks you ATS for banning that horrid little man

Ok back on topic,I am amazed that this DVD is being sent out with the papers to so many people.Its only going to inflame racial hatred,and who ever is behind this must want that?

There are a lot of uneducated people around who will lap this up and take matters into their own hands given a chance.

Any way thanks for posting this,has been a very interesting read

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This was found loose in my letterbox here in Ohio; there was no newspaper:

Looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle on the cover.

Many others at work reported getting these. I haven't watched it yet.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Cheers for taking the time to post a photo

well looks like they have done a very pro job in the packaging too!

Are They trying to tell us Ninja Turtles are muslims

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This execrable act was not "just like" terrorism, it was, without a doubt, terrorism itself.

The right-wing christian group that paid for the distribution of this ugly DVD in order to give John McCain's campaign a boost need to be in Guantanamo by the end of the day.

We can no longer say "there haven't been any terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11".

TG

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That's splendid news.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/29/08 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
To do something like this gassing women and children makes you the same as the terrorists.
How come people cant understand that?

Did we expect any more than this? Mental deficients who terrorize american soldiers have taught the lesson to mental deficients here in america who think they can even the score by terrorizing the muslims here. Tit for tat.

Idiots teaching idiots. The blind leading the blind. All it shows is who the pool of people are in each country, that need retraining camps and shock therapy. These types of goobers are spread world wide.....idiots.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

The funny thing is today I got 2 in the mail and also I got 1 a week ago.

I saw the video and I am a Muslim myself and The video is very misleading.

Now hearing this kinda reminds me of days after 9/11 I mean the summer of 9/11 we went to the beach and had my cousins with me which they wear middle eastern clothes so I told my dad to tell them wear American clothes my dad lol and told me that this is America nothing will happen.

Well when we got to the beach people started making hatred jobs saying I didn't know it's Halloween. Then there was a 36 year old lady with her kids holder her hands she yells to my cousins F**@#$ your clothes.

Then some shouted to go back to your country we don't need more violence you devil war shippers..

Now looks like it's starting up again.

there was a house in my state that a Muslim family lives there and yesterday the house was painted sprayed. with Nazi signs.

To me it's nothing but ignorance. If muslums were really trying to take over the world we would have attempted a long time ago why would we just start this after 9/11 or on 9/11???

I have 3 total copies of this same CD and I did watched it to see what they are feeding to many people.

This dvd is powerful to brainwash anyone that doesn't know or have a clue about Islam causing them to believe the dvd and taking drastic action..

I am really surprised about American I mean I thought we learned from our past. .But looks some people in America won't learn a thing or 2 from our violent past.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I got the same dvd today...and immediately threw it in the garbage.
I resent all of the junk mail I get daily, but it all goes to it's proper home. Trash can.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I broke my DVD in half and threw it in the trash..

Not sure who is distributing it, why they are, or what ever.. I think it came with regular mail.

Utter garbage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join