It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Masons please read this!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

True enough. Short of joining yourself and then verifying what you had previously read there really is no way I can completely assure you that there is no 'final secret'. Le tme know if there are any questions I can answer for you.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

How did you ascertain Ron Paul to be a Mason, as well as his immediate family, and why did that change your opinion of him?
As far as I'm concerned, a mans own actions and beliefs will be better judged than the organization he belongs to.

As for the Templars, yes, there is a branch of Masonry named after them, but that's there relationship, it's intended in honor of them.
As for the Templars themselves, there was a article on ATS a bit ago about a group who claimed direct lineage wanting what they claimed as theirs, the land and goods the Church seized from the Templars when they were excommunicated.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Are the Templars a Catholic sect ?
Didnt Bush,Blair HW Bush and a bunch of others get knighted or something from the Queen of England ?And was that the Templars he was knighted for?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Didnt Bush,Blair HW Bush and a bunch of others get knighted or something from the Queen of England ?And was that the Templars he was knighted for?

President George H. W. Bush has an honorary knighthood (Knight Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath) which was awarded in 1993. The Current President Gorge W. Bush does not. President Ronald Reagan also received the same honor. Other Americans including Caspar Weinberger, Bill Gates and Rudy Giuliani have also received honorary knighthoods.

These knighthoods are awarded on the advice of the British Government, very few honors are awarded directly by the Queen.

One that is the personal gift of the Monarch is the Order of Merit and there is currently only one non-British citizen who is a member and that is Nelson Mandela.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Why do all Masonic temples act similarly to a terrorist cell, in that they act separately from each other, but under the same umbrella of Masonry?

Please note I'm not calling Masons terrorists at all so please don't take words out of context.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Freemasons are a bunch of weirdos it seems. Why do you care so much about what other people think you may be up to? With all this defending your doing from one post, it really makes it seem like you are hiding someting and your up to no good. He had a lot of facts in his post and he made some good points. What is the point of even being a mason? It seems like a weird cult to me. I wouldnt be surprised if they were up to some strange things. Why are they so secretive? You guys are weirdos who need to lean on other people because you can't stand for yourself and you feel the need to be a part of something larger to feel important. When you start threads like these it lends so much more credibility to Manseah or whatever his name is.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

Interesting way of putting it. I know several business' that work the same way.
The call center I work at was set upp with that idea. Functions seperately, but under the name of the parent company, working within the same guidlines.
Makes it local instead of people shipped in from wherever to do the job.
Waffle houses, grocery markets, gas stations, fast food restraunts, ect. work under the same idea.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I normally do not answer a question with one fo my own but I would like to ask you; why do you think lodges operate in this fashion?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Well i'm not entirely sure why it is operated this way which is why I am asking you guys. I was hoping someone could help me out .

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I think you are severely generalising here. As I said before, the way Masonry works isn't all that unusual, many buisness' do the same.
Masonry is made up of individuals in their community, I'm not sure why you are drawing a comparison between them and Terrorsits.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Masons are part of whats wrong with this world. The Masons are just a well known example of a secret society. Secret societies are so powerful they influence policy, lives, wars.

Secret societies are a disease that needs to be quickly rooted out like a backyard weed so it does not infest the whole garden.

If mankind was truly free, we would have been driving fiberglass electric cars and downloading super high res images of the Moon and Mars on our cheap high speed internet, but no. Instead, because secret societies have screwed us over with their corruption, we're driving fuel burning metal boxes, poring over super low res Moon and Mars pictures trying to make heads and tails over something it took us a hour to download with our expensive low speed internet.

Secret societies are parasites and cancers! Mankind needs some surgical intervention, soon, I hope
I pray

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I think Runespider's answers have fairly well explained the situation. I would like to add that a similar analogy can be drawn between the counties which comprise a state and their operating with some autonomy but as a whole are governed by that state's elected officials.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

What a bunch of crap, honestly. Coming from you, I am surprised as well ..
You can post NO evidence to back such an audacious claim either. The British Protestant Bigots that run your country have already made it so that any Mason who holds a public office must publicly identify themselves as a Mason. Then again, the British do have a history of problems with Freemasons ....... causing problems with their tyranny anyways.

Just remember Dan, when you brush an entire people with the same brush it is not for you to decide who is exempt from your insults and who is included. So consider your comments a personal insult.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Maybe I should re-word what I said since you seem to be taking offense to it. All Masons operate under the same Masonic umbrella, so it seems like they operate in a similar fashion to the way a terrorist cell operates. Can you please explain why?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Assertions without proof are not fact and should not be viewed as such regardless of how much they 'all make sense'.
[edit on 30-8-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

well you believe in God, don't you? in fact, you must if you're a mason. well, prove to me He exists. you say you need proof and hard evidence to believe something, but how can you prove that there's an almighty creator? to me, it "just makes sense" that there's a God, but there never has been, and i don't think there ever will be, any proof.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

It's called de-centralization.

Masonic Lodges are representations of communities.. the idea comes from no one from another area has the right to tell another area what to do. So different communities have their own lodges so long as they abide by the basic ritual standards we expect. In larger cities there are many lodges, usually exclusive to different sections of the cities. Nothing unusual and I don't see it being related to terrorist.. If we where dictated every day what to do what we can't do by the Grand Lodge and couldn't act on our own.. well Masonry would have lost it's meaning.

So again, it is a decentralized representation of the community.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I guess RuneSpider answered my question, although I would like a little more than "many businesses do the same"

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Masons are part of whats wrong with this world. The Masons are just a well known example of a secret society. Secret societies are so powerful they influence policy, lives, wars.

Which Masonic world leader has particpated in percipatating an armed conflict?

If mankind was truly free, we would have been driving fiberglass electric cars and downloading super high res images of the Moon and Mars on our cheap high speed internet, but no.

I have no desire to drive a fiberglass electric car or pour over images of celestial bodies.

Secret societies are parasites and cancers!

I find comments like yours to be cancerous because it is apparent that unless we a following your proscribed dictum of freedom we are not capable of following are own.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Faith and "proof" are different things, and completely unrelated.

Can you Prove Gravity exist?

No, you cannot by absolute fact.

Belief in God is just that, belief.. however it does not mean it is fact..

To say that Masons are evil simply because you say so is the definition of ignorance and intolerance. Not to mention self absorbed idiocracy.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Did you not find Rockpuck's and my own analogies to be helpful?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join