It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by emergencyresponseteam
.. do you guys really seeing anything on this blurry, grainy pictures?

Oo

obviously we do. Don't be condecending. This is a good example of the automatic software missing something crucial, which is bound to happen with the massive amount of images coming, ask yourself something ERT, why are the images so blurry and grainy when the technology should be showing much more detail than it does? Satellite pics from 400 miles up and taking pictures through our dense atmosphere show much better detail when the satelite above mars can orbit closer and has "very little" atmosphere to shoot through...does that make any sense at all?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think it looks like someone photoshopped a black stick figure picture onto a mars picture, thats all I see there... It kinda resembles a human figure hunched over, the kind you see on some t-shirts...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Azrael75 I asked about alternative 3 several times and have since been mocked, derided, and confused, but not answered. thanks all of you.

Your welcome
Perhaps its your attitude... and I suppose you MISSED my answer to you about 8 posts back while you were throwing your tantrum?

guess i did. still cant find it either. but maybe that is because i stop reading after the insulting patronizing BS. I asked a simple question and have gotten all this hatred for asking it? then when i express how rude you are to someone for no reason, i am throwing a tantrum? how about you explain your attitude, or show me where i was rude first and i would gladdly appologize. i guess answering my question like a nice person is too much trouble.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've read through most of the thread, save for some hateful ramblings from skeptics, and I haven't seen anyone answer one of the first questions posted.

If you look to the right and just below the structure, you can make out a ridge line that seems, to me anyway, to be casting a shadow. It appears to coincide with with the structure lending to the idea that this is not some optical illusion. Something is there. Whether it's a natural phenomenon that has formed seemingly perfect right angles, or whether it's an artificial structure ... it's real.

EDIT: To give props: Nice find Zorgon!

[edit on 29-8-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Sorry, but that still isn't a clear picture of anything. If you could get a sharper higher resolved picture, I'd love to see what kind of natural formation that is.

There are about 30 other rocks in that picture you can put color on, but that doesn't make them a base.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by rocksarerocks]

While I agree that this picture is blurry and I would very much rather see more resolution before I jump to any conclusion, it is far too distant for you to say that these are rocks. If they were rocks they would be enormous, and if nothing else, of greater geological interest. Assuming that these are natural formations they may be many other different things than simply rocks.

You cannot deny that whatever is on these pictures contains what appears like geometric patterns. More views from different angles would confirm or deny whether it's a natural coincidence aided by the light and angles, or something more interesting.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Its probaly one of our military bases there... We have bases on mars. Check out the mars records very interesting...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by emergencyresponseteam

....er do you NOT see anything then?
Blinkered

[edit on 29/8/08 by blupblup]

Well, I see the inserted color but I have no clue how you identify a base down there ^^ I mean I want to believe but ... not sure ^^ look strange for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is neat. I think it's odd to have such perfect right angles and a circular object right on top of one another. I also saw this on the original image just to the upper right of the OP's find.

could be a crater I just thought it was a little weird to have a ring around it when other craters in the pic don't have em.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
When I look at the picture I see something like this! Please keep the laughter to a minimum. . .

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Sorry, I'll try again. Hope this is right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm new to this so you'll have to forgive me. . . or shoot me, whichever is easier?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I dont see how that is clear. In all honesty, with all the hitech cameras we have these days, why cant we actually get a clear picture of these things? Why are all the pictures we have so blurry and debatable?

This is clear : www.flickr.com...
This is clear : www.flickr.com...

the pics on this thread and seemingly on every other thread like this are not! While this is very interesting and I do beleive in the existance of the Alternative 3 base its hard to say this is it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

PEACE!!
Alternative 3? Here's all the gen you want! Interesting stuff!! A must read.

Lecture by Capt. Bil Robertson on the Alernative 3

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by emergencyresponseteam

so from mocking about seeing nothing in grainy pics, you now think it's something strange?

And i personally did not state this was a base or anything like that?
I just said it was a good find by Zorgon and warrants further investigation...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by Azrael75

PEACE!!
Alternative 3? Here's all the gen you want! Interesting stuff!! A must read.

Lecture by Capt. Bil Robertson on the Alernative 3

Cheers!

thank you for actually answering my question. not sure why that was so hard for others. i have seen this tape. it was very entertaining. it was a well produced hoax. so just to be clear, this thread is claiming to have evidence of the base mentioned in the hoax? maybe that is why all i see is rocks.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by zorgon

is this the other base ?...

How the hell can anyone say that is a Mining Facility?
I'm not saying that its nothing at all but to say it is a Mining Building is laughable
It's just a grainy lump n a picture

As for what the OP posted, interesting but to be honest the only thing i see on the picture is the circle in the middle and what you call the 'lower level' part which COULD (not suggesting it is) be a cliff. Apart from that, all the circling and highlighting things doesnt mean anything.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And where I might ask that states this so called 'base' has anything to do with "Alternative 3?"

Where?

And who told you this is a 'base' at all? John Lear?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
[edit on 29-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Was wondering, if anyone is familiar with matrixing? Where things are distorted and there is so much to look at that your brain forces images to make sense, by relating the patterns to things that you already know to exist. One thing to remember, is that these cameras are taking a 3d image and making it 2d, there is quite a bit of distortion when this occurs. You've heard the camera adds ten pounds, and this is why. With the pictures being so grainy and there being uncorrectable distortion to cameras anyway, you get matrixing. I'm not going to discredit anyone who sees things in these pictures, or people who don't. I'm just offering a different way of looking.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
[edit on 29-8-2008 by easynow]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join