It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrieves
reply to post by vance

Don't waste your prayers on me. I think seeing something in 'rock formations' is a lot more practical than praying to an empty sky.

Touché MrGrieves!

However, Vance ain't worth expending energy over. The guy just poo-poo's everything and never really offers an alternative hypothesis. I think he gets a buzz out of the subsequent flames/negative attention. Kinda sad really! Just an armchair debunker and nothing more.

Back On Topic!

Really interesting image Zorgon. While some of the areas you've highlighted look natural through my eyes, some definitely look like solid geometric structures. What makes it more interesting is that they are side by side - so to speak.

What are the odds of that? I'd imagine much higher than a solitary geometric object - which could be attributed more easily as an aboration/natural anomaly.

IRM

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Excellent thread Zorgon. Some of more estute debunkers seem to be implying that these structures are of an alien origin. I'm leaning more towards the 'alternative' human explanation myself.

What concerns me is if we begin to extrapolate further into the alternative scenarios.... A glaring possibility is that TPTB have already bugged out to Mars/Wherever. Then Earth could be exterminated MUCH more easily without risking bodily harm to the perps. Considering 9/11, this does not at all seem far-fetched to me, and would be a most effective witness elimination program.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
Excellent find, it looks artificial enough to be considered more than "just rocks"
The proportions must be huge, that must be a very big building!

I too believe where in for some very exciting times...

everything out there is on scales we don't normally expect. Either incredibly small or so big, we can't fathom how it could be built. all you'd need is a nano bot factory and you could build structures and craft so immense, they could feasiby dwarf entire planets, provided the materials are available. if you consider everything is made out of atoms and nano tech works on the atomic level, a nano factory need only have access to atoms to make all manner of amazingly huge constructs. i'd even go as far as saying the atoms themselves may be constructable from the vaccuum of space. with tech that advanced, anything would be literally possible

[edit on 29-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
could anyone just tell me if the "alternative 3" thing is serious? is this thread purporting pictures of bases on mars created by a fictional telvision special?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Just to give you some idea... listen carefully to each time he mentions how many stars are in any given galaxy

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
on second thought, this thread has officially left earth orbit and take off into the goofysphere, nevermind. thanks to the one person who took the time to isult me for no reason and make no sense and not answer anything i asked. have fun in cloud city y'all.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Nanobot factory for building advanced laptops

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75
on second thought, this thread has officially left earth orbit and take off into the goofysphere, nevermind. thanks to the one person who took the time to isult me for no reason and make no sense and not answer anything i asked. have fun in cloud city y'all.

Peace out new member, welcome to ATS, I hope you find a thread that suits you

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

my apologies. i've been studying this stuff for awhile. i've been aware of the images zorgon is showing now, for almost a year, when he first showed me the less detailed version. these new versions are really quite remarkable. i find iit inspiring to think that we are getting so much closer to understanding our place in the universe. it's been a long, difficult, journey.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
You guys really aren't going to stop posting the 'image in the clouds' type pics are ya?
'Dear Lord, bless their young hearts...'

Well sure I post images of clouds all the time..

And this one is looking right back at you

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75
could anyone just tell me if the "alternative 3" thing is serious? is this thread purporting pictures of bases on mars created by a fictional telvision special?

No the structures are not created for the TV serious... that is an actual image from Mars.. I linked to the original at Malin space systems

The 'implication' is that we already sent teams to Mars and I used 'Alternative 3' as an example..

Fictional you say? Or a story based on fact?

Well I suppose now you will want proof huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I'm becoming very interested in Mars...

Oh? Welcome to the club, WW!
Another joins the bandwagon! Hey zorg, we've gotta increase rates of subscription, what?

Cheers!

[edit on 29-8-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Great thread Zorgon!

Although i´m pretty sure there´s active structures up there i have for the most part remained sceptic concerning the many posted images. Most of them are just a tad too blurry and IMHO belongs in the "well yeah it could be" folder and that category is not taking us anywere. This one however clearly (IMHO) shows artifical structure. Keep up the excellent work!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Usually with these types of photos that claim to show buildings, sculptures, structures etc. you can see similar type formations nearby, which suggests it was all formed naturally.

This one is different, there's nothing nearby that even remotely resembles those shapes. There's also perfect symmetry on the triangle with the circle in it's center. I traced out the triangle in Corel Draw, and all the sides are equal in length and thickness.

edit to add drawing of what I think it may look like.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by order66]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Oh? Welcome to the club, WW!
Another joins the bandwagon! Hey zorg, we've gotta increase rateses of subscription, what?

We're getting paid for this
How come I missed the memo

Don't forget to stop by the Fossil Thread

Fossils on Mars - A Collection of Evidence
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
First of all, I'm posting anonymously because I don't plan to frequent these forums and don't care to register. I'm not hiding behind a veil of anonymity, I'm just lazy. Second, you people either need medication or a more productive hobby. Yes, I believe there's other life in the universe. No, it's probably not on mars, or even in this solar system (at least not intelligent life anyway). Taking every anomalous photograph and deciding it was built by sentient lifeforms serves only to make people think you are crazy.

The entire idea of an human made structure on mars is patently preposterous, even more so when you start claiming it was built in the 50s or so (I saw at least one post suggesting it was). The limitations of technology are pretty hard evidence to the contrary. Are you suggesting that the government (or some other force at work, I'm unfamiliar with these delusions) has suppressed advanced computer technology for 50+ years? Or perhaps you're suggesting interplanetary travel without computer assistance? A trajectory that's off course by an arcsecond could miss Mars by millions of kilometers. They also would have had to launch dozens of rockets without being noticed, back when such things were alien to the general populace and would be massively conspicuous. I guess nobody noticed stockpiles of rocket fuel, launch platforms or factories required to build everything required for such a project. Then when they got to Mars, I guess they set up a mining and refinery plant with only the hugely limited resources afforded by what they could carry, and not only built the structures on mars, but produced the raw materials necessary to do so as well. Oh, and being at the equator, they're also magically conjuring up drinking water and air. Never mind that it would take a small army to accomplish this, along with hundreds, or even thousands, of launches from earth.

What about the sheer number of people that would have been involved with such a project. It took literally hundreds of thousands of people for the Apollo missions, and that's just the moon. Do you really think that somebody managed to cover up that many people? What, did they just kill them all? Do you think hundreds of thousands of people are going to keep quiet about this kind of thing? There's not one shred of evidence for any of this except for some odd pictures, and those only qualify as evidence of your delusions.

I'm sure you get Occam's Razor thrown at you all the time, but I've never seen a more appropriate time to do so. Massive conspiracy dating back half a century involving interplanetary space travel without the assistance of advanced digital computers without a single credible information leak from any of hundreds of thousands of people ad no witnesses of which the goal was to build structures on Mars for apparent human habitation by either transporting massive quantities of raw materials from earth or setting up a mining and refinery process on mars prior to a habitat being constructed thousands of miles from any known water source on Mars (I could keep going but this is getting out of hand).... Or, you're seeing shapes in the clouds.

Schizophrenia at its finest.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Oh my gawd! Oh golly gee, it is martian structures we finally have proof of it oh yes! Are you guys dumb or what? Don't you see the structures?

Your types would need to see nothing less than LAX or Mcarran International Airport, Las Vegas, on Mars together with ATCs, runways, Radars or probably even that redhead with the big boobs serving coffee at AUNTIE ANNE'S PRETZELS at Terminal D at Mcarran to be convinced!! Even then you would holler, 'Photoshopped'!!

Or hey, that's a bunny in the clouds!

Darn! The guys we have to put up with here! Your analysis was mind blowing, running into a dozen pages as to why those peculiar formations are nothing but natural features!

Thanks for contributing to the enhancement of knowledge concerning the geology on Mars!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The circular and angular formations are interesting and not too blurred to be dismissed as "ink blot" imagination. I think ink blot imagination is required for some of the surrounding "structures" though.

I also fell of my chair when this was totally dismissed by a member of the God brigade. I would call it hypocrisy not irony.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to crackerjack
and undo

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Azrael75

my apologies. i've been studying this stuff for awhile. i've been aware of the images zorgon is showing now, for almost a year, when he first showed me the less detailed version. these new versions are really quite remarkable. i find iit inspiring to think that we are getting so much closer to understanding our place in the universe. it's been a long, difficult, journey.

that is just super. i am so glad that everyone feels the need to belittle, patronize, and talk down to "new" members as well as explain their vast years of study and experience. i am pretty sure i asked a simple question. "Alternative 3" are you talking about the tv hoax?

that is all i asked. i expressed that i did not see anything in the pictures but that is my oppinion, it need not be rebutted. I asked about alternative 3 several times and have since been mocked, derided, and confused, but not answered. thanks all of you.

btw-not a newbie here, please do not assume new usernames=new to ATS.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Azrael75]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by order66
Usually with these types of photos that claim to show buildings, sculptures, structures etc. you can see similar type formations nearby, which suggests it was all formed naturally.

This one is different, there's nothing nearby that even remotely resembles those shapes. There's also perfect symmetry on the triangle with the circle in it's center. I traced out the triangle in Corel Draw, and all the sides are equal in length and thickness.

edit to add drawing of what I think it may look like.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by order66]

can you give those of us that are apparently quite blind some kind of overlay to show where this perfect triangle with the circle is exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join