It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well I don't know WHO this 'base' belongs to, but it seems pretty well kept. And as far as we have been able to get, this one is a pretty clear image.

Mars Global Surveyor
MOC narrow-angle image AB1-08405
SOUTHEAST FLOOR OF WEST CANDOR CHASMA

The image above I consider to be a very clear image showing structures. The Diamond shape with the black circle in the center is amazing. On the left is a square 'wing' with a round sphere on it, and on the right a second 'diamond' that looks to be a lower tier by the shadows. To the left of this 'building' is a higher platform with flower like pads and a central 'structure' The green area appears to be covered with smoke or vapor but you can still see a grid pattern and the two squares on the left.

I have seen this image around the internet occasionally but never with an image number. We finally have that number thanks to help from ArMaP.

Source: Malin Space Systems: AB1-08405

Here it is in blue highlight...

Here it is detailed...

Well seeing as Mike Singh is playing on the Moon right now, I figured someone needs to keep the Martian Front defended

[edit on 28-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thats just natural formations.....

Nothing to see here folks, move along!

Actually that is a great find! Good work.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hey Z, I'm having trouble establishing sunlight direction on this one. Some parts of the larger pic look left-to-right, while others look right-to-left.

What's your take?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Another great find.

The diamond shape with the circle in the middle could be a landing pad of some sort...and the one beneath it with the same shape and look, could be a second pad...

Or, if this is just the look of the buildings it may be a symptom of the late 60's or early 70's stoner architecture movement...

Either way, good stuff!

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Why of course the base belongs to us. Along with all of your other base. That also belongs to us.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Common Zorgon what gives you the right so show my house on ATS

All joking aside great find,i wonder why they did not block this out like they do on the moon pics,did some one forget to clean it up or do they think we are all Sheeple.

Shame we can not get this kinda stuff on msm

Star and flag

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sorry, but that still isn't a clear picture of anything. If you could get a sharper higher resolved picture, I'd love to see what kind of natural formation that is.

There are about 30 other rocks in that picture you can put color on, but that doesn't make them a base.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

How can you call that a natural formation ? Are you joking or do you think we are the only ones in this whole universe?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Could you please highlight or circle the 30 other rocks in the image which also could be bases? I would very much like to take a closer look at these 30 rocks. Thanks in advance.

To Zorgon: Thank you very much for posting this fantastic image.
And also a very big thank you to ArMaP for helping with the image number.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Great post!!

This is definately something out of the ordinary, but I think that I already saw this picture on your website Zorgon.

What puzzles me is the scale of the building, is it something not of human proportions like the structures on the Moon?

Thanks

C.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, could you please provide the Lat/Long of the SOUTHEAST FLOOR OF WEST CANDOR CHASMA?

I'm becoming very interested in Mars, so either I could Google it, or you could help out.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Longitude of image center: 75.45°W
Latitude of image center: 6.81°S

Ancillary Data

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Thank you, Zarni!!

I'm anxious to look it up more.

Does anyone know how long this base has been there? Since the 1950s, or more recent?

Thanks.

EDIT....am wondering....at about 6 degrees S, that's close tp the equator of Mars, right? Reason I ask is, we all know that Mars has a similar axial tilt as Earth's, and near the equator of Earth it's much warmer. Is this why they chose this latitude?

BUT....we also know that Solar radiation, on Earth, is deflected by the ionosphere and the ozone layer....or, at least the 'deadly' radiaton is minimized, yet Mars has no defenses to compare with the Earth's.

BUT....it is, of course, about long-term exposure....so something deep underground would be safe?

Yes?

[edit on 8/28/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

is this the other base ?...

www.alienmania.org...

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

That pic has been quite interesting to me for some time now...between the 90 degree angles and the positioning of this 'anamoly' I see a structure.

BUT, this could be a large boulder that happens to have a piece missing that just happens to resemble a door way or window....and yes the long piece potruding near the bottom of this anamoly seems to serve as some type of conduit to the upper 'anamoly', but more than likely a rock has been eroded away by all the high winds Mars experiences and not too mention the way the wind is able chip away at stone in such an precise manner...

Good representing easynow...thanks J.P.

Sarcasm is the drink of the day...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Hey Z, I'm having trouble establishing sunlight direction on this one. Some parts of the larger pic look left-to-right, while others look right-to-left.
What's your take?

EDIT to ADD
Oops beat me to it

Will have to look... but that is directly from a Mars Global Surveyor Mars Orbiter Camera strip and as far as I know they were not mosaics

Here are the photo specs

Derived values

Longitude of image center: 75.45°W
Latitude of image center: 6.81°S
Scaled pixel width: 4.59 meters
Scaled image width: 4.69 km
Scaled image height: 27.22 km
Solar longitude (Ls): 250.20°
Local True Solar Time: 13.92 decimal hours
Incidence angle: 30.18°
Phase angle: 25.27°
North azimuth: 267.15°
Sun azimuth: 140.50°
Spacecraft altitude: 1074.24 km
Slant distance: 1220.24 km

Acquisition parameters

Image ID (picno): AB1-08405
Image start time: 1998-01-06T06:12:58.03 SCET
Image width: 1024 pixels
Image height: 3968 pixels
Line integration time: 1.3200 millisec
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.45
Crosstrack summing: 1
Downtrack summing: 1
Compression type: PREDICTIVE-221
Gain mode: 8A (hexadecimal)
Offset mode: 27 (decimal)

Hope that helps

[edit on 28-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Sorry, but that still isn't a clear picture of anything.

Seriously I think you either need to upgrade your monitor or get some new glasses...

:shk:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

That pic has been quite interesting to me for some time now...between the 90 degree angles and the positioning of this 'anamoly' I see a structure.

that photo and the one that Zorgon posted in the OP are some of the best evidence of structures on Mars that i have ever seen.

the video presentation i posted, goes into extreme detail about that photo and is a little to long but if you watch it, it shows some closeups that imo are definitely structures of somekind.

there are so many examples of structures in that photo and i wish somebody with the latest software would have another go at it.

thanks for your reply

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So, I guess we need something like a "Google Mars" in order to understand what we're seeing??

Seriously....all of the high-tech speak is great....and we all could figure it out, given time....but all we want to know is: What time of Sol was it when the photo was taken?

What was the earth date, and time (UTC) for a reference?

See this is what's needed to fully investigate.....because, Earth time (UTC) is a standard, as long as we're trapped on this planet.

I'd imagine, just a guess....that any humans on interplanetary vessels within the Solar System would need to have a time reference of some sort....would they use UTC, or is there another reference for time??

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

excellent images,thanks for sharing them

the truth shall be revealed...prepare for amazing stuff in our near future

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join