It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3's Base on Mars Discovered?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Excellent find, it looks artificial enough to be considered more than "just rocks"
The proportions must be huge, that must be a very big building!

I too believe where in for some very exciting times...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
What time of Sol was it when the photo was taken?

Local True Solar Time: 13.92 decimal hours or 50112.oo seconds

What was the earth date, and time (UTC) for a reference?

The average length of a Martian sidereal day is 24h 37m 22.663s in terms of Earth hours, and the length of its solar day is 24h 39m 35.244s (the latter is known as a sol, more precisely 88,775.24409 seconds). The corresponding values for Earth are 23h 56m 04.2s and 24h 00m 00.002s, respectively. This yields a conversion factor of 1.027346 sols/day. Thus Mars's solar day is only about 2.7% longer than Earth's.

Got a calculator handy?

Surely as a pilot you can do a little math, not leave us do ALL the work

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah, I can do the math!

Thanks for the info!!

Zorgon.....

EDIT....for the audience at large, though.....they may not understand.

We've established the approximate location, near the Martian Equator. We know that (on average) Mars rotates at about the same rate as the Earth. So, for us lowly peoples of the Earth, who may try to imagine being on Mars.....that's why I brought it up.

In layman's terms.....approximately what time of 'day' (Sol) was it when those pictures were taken?

I mean, if a photographer on Earth were asked that question, they wouldn't give a bunch of numbers....they would say when and where and what time!! And, we'd say, WOW! That is beautiful picture!

Z, Mars....although slightly smaller than Earth, manages to rotate about its axis in (about) 24 hours, give or take. It has an axial tilt, doesn't it? Hence, a seemingly similar 'seasonal' comparison to Earth....except, its orbit happens to be about twice as long as Earth's.
So, most of the similarities stop there....

Isn't Mars the most likely planet, in our Solar System, to be most habitable for humans?? (Besides Earth, of course)

If not, then please tell us why not.

[edit on 8/28/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well done WW!

Your posts will always garner my attention.

BTW - have you been drinking tonight? I have..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

chap....thanks.

Drinking?? Not yet. But, thanks for your concern, I will now go get a drink....hmmmmm....wine? yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
That is a THEMIS image? I will have time to look later (starting the weekend)...but does anyone here know if there are color images of this area?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh my gawd! Oh golly gee, it is martian structures we finally have proof of it oh yes! Are you guys dumb or what? Don't you see the structures?

You guys really aren't going to stop posting the 'image in the clouds' type pics are ya? You really do see structures don't ya'? And NASA is 'hiding' the proof right under our very noses too boot! I am going to bed and I am going to say a short prayer for the ignorant that see civilization or a past one, in rock formations...
'Dear Lord, bless their young hearts...'

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Don't waste your prayers on me. I think seeing something in 'rock formations' is a lot more practical than praying to an empty sky.
I know this is ATS, and everyone is allowed to put their two-cents (most of the time more) in, but I'm getting sick of these rude replies for no reason.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

the only thing i cant explain is the circle. What could possibley be making that shadow.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here’s a strange looking circle on the little hill taken by Spirit on Mars. Notice anything? Is it some sort of a marker? Or a sign?

Here’s the close-up…

Doesn’t look like a crater. If not, then what could it be? Your guess is as good as mine!

Cheers!

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
i saw this pic awhile ago somewhere but i forget where it was, then i couldn't find it agin...thanks!
is that a big cloud casting a shadow in the picture? looks bigger than the wispy ones i see more often.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

hey man, i ain't trying to play mod
but that's a pretty hateful comment, meant to discredit someones opinion and make them feel inferior whiile not backing it up with anything substantial...do u work for FOX news? you'd be great at interviews.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
One thing I have noticed about all of the Mars structures is that they have a very different sense of shape, is it possible that if beings do exist there and I believe they do from what has been presented, that they are living in an alternate dimension? Or even a slightly more advanced dimension?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Could the roundal be an entrance of some sort?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

1st of all, they are speculating , you know , saying things like "What the heck is this? it looks like 'X' to me"
speculation is not a concrete thing, it is malleable

not that you would understand these big words or anything, but in case you can, im explaining it for you

anyways, dont you see the irony in your statement?
your going to pray to an "invisable" god, as you slam these guys for posting a PHOTO of SOMETHING REAL? LOL

Oh the IRONY!

Anyways, Good find zorgon
major props to you

I am always amazed at the Anomolys you guys keep finding day after day on moon/mars.
Sometimes I can easily blow it off as natural things, but sometimes, my jaw hits the floor and Im utterly perplexed.

Dont ask me what it is tho, cuz i have no clue. It sure doesnt look like a rock tho, thats for sure!

Sure is odd how mars and the moon are packed full of rocks with right angles, triangles, squares, circles etc

I say its really odd becuase all the rocks i find on earth look jagged and totally random in appearance

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Another great find Z

One step closer to the truth. Note to add, how far away are the rovers from this site (note to ones self, rovers don't make the best cliff hangers
)

Just wondering, thanks.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
i do not see anything but organic shapes. can anyone actually point out a structure and explain it's architecture? i see nothing there.

just curious, alternative 3- you mean that tounge in cheek right?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

Have you read through this thread Azrael ???
If I were you, I'd have a second thorough look, THEN post.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack
reply to post by Azrael75

Have you read through this thread Azrael ???
If I were you, I'd have a second thorough look, THEN post.

as much as i always appreciate empty rude replies, yes. I have read through the entire thread. Care to elaborate as to what exactly that answers? My statement and question still stand.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
One thing I have noticed about all of the Mars structures is that they have a very different sense of shape, is it possible that if beings do exist there and I believe they do from what has been presented, that they are living in an alternate dimension? Or even a slightly more advanced dimension?

or maybe they(the structures) are under a trabsparent dome that makes them look, i don't know...different?(for lack of a better word) i have noticed the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join