It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Stargazing

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sorry for bringing up the subject of how the media would veiw your interests Chris, seems I opened a whopping can of worms which wasn't my attention.

It wouldn't be all that 'new' to them anyhow would it considering the name and theme of your last tour?

Was the experience you had before or after Close Encounters?

Just trying to see how your interest was founded.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
@ somethingbeautiful

Yeah, but what I would like to know is - does his opinion change yours?
How are you influenced by his words about ufos, encounters and so on ?

[edit on 2-8-2008 by darlin]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by darlin
@ somethingbeautiful

oh... ok... I didn't understand your question sorry... I'm not INFLUENCED
by his opinions. I've got my opinions; I'm interested in UFOs and in the possibity of life on other planets, I'm interested in all those phenomenon that science cannot explain... I repeat that I'm not influenced, I read, I observe and I create my own opinions... Surely to create them we must compare our ideas with those of other people and IT'S FASCINATING to do this with a person that you love and admire.

Are you satisfied with my answer..?? .. I hope so....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by darlin
@ somethingbeautiful

... to conclude i can say that I'm VERY INTERESTED in what he says and thinks but I'm not influenced by his opinions;I'm just curious( in a positive sense) and intersted in his thoughts and experiences....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by darlin

Just a question for you: why did you choose that signature " Fame is vapor....." ??? I agree with this idea but why did you choose it as your signature ??? ...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
@ somethingbeautiful

It`s a proverb by Horace Greeley, an American editor (New York Tribune) and political leader.

Well, you know, fame is a two-edged sword, it brings you popularitiy on one hand and a leak of privacy on the other hand. You earn enormous amounts of money on one hand and loose a huge piece of freedom on the other hand. In the end all comes down to you, yourself, your character, because your real friends will see through all masks you put on.

So I think this proverb is really worth contemplating.

Why I have chosen it?
Cause I have made some very similar experiences in my life...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darlin

Thanks a lot for your reply!.. you were very kind...
... and, as I said before,I agree with you... you described the "facts"( of POPULARITY) as they really are...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
"I think if you are a massive fan of crisonabike (what about that name???) you probably cant review all he said objectively. i dont know, but as a fan you might tend to be too emotional on what he said in either way - because of that you probably think fatser than others "i love it" or "I hate it". I do not mean that offending to any crisonabike-fan. I just think that is normal human emotional behaviour. "

i think you think to be a fan is to agree with everything he says...this is so silly; somethings he said here makes sense more than other people and i think this not because i'm a fan and love him a lot (yes, Cris, i love you) , but because i understand his point of view, and learnd about ufo's and other kind of life with him that with other people...i think he can help people to like and understand this fascinating subject...
(sorry for my english, i'm from Brazil)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hiya Chris on a bike...I don't think it's a hindrance at all as a matter of fact you might be right when you say "it's probably going to be a 50/50 situation anyway" as it is with everything where people have an opinion.

Now something rather of topic: the name chrisonabike reminds me of eliot from e.t. on whom i had a major crush!! So ...maybe you wanna be my chris and i can be your e.t...since you know...(yeah ok i'm in a silly mood and bored also, and i know people are going to say this kind of posts is exactly what makes it a hindrance
though i'm sure there's another 50% who think differently)....anyway....bike->me kinda e.t.->you chris errr
yeah?...

Love youuu

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by darlin

First of all I wanted to add another UFO related song that I didn't see in any of the other posts: A Spaceman came Travelling by Chris de Burgh. love that one.

Darlin,

Actually the thread was started by someone who was posing the question I believe to get people's opinions. I don't necessarily believe that celebrities statements carry more weight to whether or not to other people perceptions of UFOs and people who say the believe, have seen, etc.

I do think that a "celebrity" saying that they believe, or have seen, etc, can and will bring more attention to the subject. Will that bring good or bad ? A little of both in my opinion, but that could be said for many, many things.

As to your question what does it matter? I don't think it matters more than the average Joe, is, to understand why some people make a "big deal"... I think none of us can realise what it can be like, picture being followed all the time, having cameras thrust in your face all the time, and I mean all the time, every day, not being able to walk out your front door and go about your daily business without beging followed/stalked so to speak. One only need to look at recent examples of how certain younger "celebrities" are being treated, and it might give you an inkling of what they go through. Even then we could not understand unless we went through it ourselves. You know, the old addage never judge someone unelss you've walked a mile in their shoes?

Anyhow that's only my own humble opinon.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by RealMckoy]

[edit on 2-8-2008 by RealMckoy]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think also that Chris was looking for input on what he saw.To be honest i haven`t a clue but i am interested in flying cigars.

And u.f.o.s turn up when you least expect them.I have never spotted one when armed and prepared.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
honestly like i said before, i think a lot of fans who read crisonabikes experiences read it mainly to just read something from their favourite star. I do not know if he influences them towards the ufo-subject or even makes them really interested in it. superficial for them it is just the popstar you know.

so i do not know if it was his goal to get more ppl interested and informed about ufology if that can be reached towards his fans.

again: i do not want to offend any c.o.a.b.-fans!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Well to the poster above...

I think you might be a little bit right that i was for example curious to read what c.o.a.b had written down here also....BUT

I'm indeed a massive adorer of him and to say he didn;t influence me to come here to read about ufo's and all these subjects would be a very Wrong statement.

As a matter of fact...i know quite alot about the subjects written here AND i didn;t know this site existed untill "my biker boy"
mentioned it!

so again a 50/50 % situation.....and if you care to read through his forums you can see there are a huge lot of people among his fans who are mystical/spiritual/new agers and believers".....

so to go shortly ...i think youre not quite correct to say that "they" mainly go for c.o.a.b.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by ElisahumanE]

-------------------------------------------------------------
signature:

I think Albert Einstein invented the Silent Disco

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by milabb.

In reply to your post...I am not sure RW posted here with any intention of bringing fans with him,I think he wanted to find something out for himself regarding his interests and decided he wanted for once to be himself here....a brave decision on his behalf...He probably realised that sooner or later it would become common knowledge that it would be known he has posted here which is why he wanted to come "clean" so to speak...good luck to him and any other famous people who are brave enough to be themselves and let us into their private interests.....at the end of the day they maybe famous but they are still human like the rest of us

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by special

yeah you are right - he probably just wanted to have a place to share his thoughts without any further intentions. but then i ask myself why he didn`t come here completely undercover??? i mean why should it have become common knowledge he posted here-how? so maybe he did want to reach something with telling his thoughts.... - or he just likes the attention like every narcissistic celebrity out there....just kidding....really!

so what was his reason to make his experiences public - did he say that?

and why are ppl so much more intersted about him telling his ufo-storys than about so many other celebritys who did? i mean a lot of other celebritys talked about that theme - what is so special about him?

[edit on 3-8-2008 by milabb.]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by milabb.

guess he has got more fans than most other celebs, or even fans who are more interested in him as a person?
just a thought

maybe he isn`t that big over here in the US but in Europe and some other parts of the world

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darlin

Yes in Europe and UK he is very big and very well known,but not so much in USA which I think is one of the reasons he set up home there....to get away from the media attention....
Only RW can answer the reason he decided to come "clean" as to who he were on here and not remain "private"

It does appear that every thread he writes on gathers alot of interest and receives alot of comments,maybe he could visit one of the threads I started,as only 1 page to date...lol.....

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darlin

do you really think he has more fans than david bowie for example?
i dont know. i am from europe and i know how big he is here but i still dont get THIS interest compared to other celebritys talking about ufos.

but anyway - did he say why he told about his ufo-experiences?did he want to reach sth with telling? do celebritys in general want to reach sth with telling?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by milabb.

Well I am not sure if he is as famous as David Bowie...lol....but he was voted 2nd in The greatest great Britain in 2007!! and he only came 2nd to her majesty the queen...so that can't be bad....

I think its good that celebrities are brave enough to come forward and let the public know their beliefs....everyone has their own mind,so I don't think a celebrity coming forward and letting us know their beliefs is going to change us all
As I said before we are all human,have our own minds and whether you are a celebrity or not that post here it doesn't really matter,its just nice to hear other peoples experiances...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by special
reply to post by milabb.

Well I am not sure if he is as famous as David Bowie...lol....but he was voted 2nd in The greatest great Britain in 2007!! and he only came 2nd to her majesty the queen...so that can't be bad....

I think its good that celebrities are brave enough to come forward and let the public know their beliefs....everyone has their own mind,so I don't think a celebrity coming forward and letting us know their beliefs is going to change us all
As I said before we are all human,have our own minds and whether you are a celebrity or not that post here it doesn't really matter,its just nice to hear other peoples experiances...

I agree with you and you can be sure RW was very BRAVE in making us know he was writing on this site !!! His decision has surely added interest in the subjects discussed here.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join