It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Stargazing

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zemouk

i understand you clearly and you might be bang on...
I just noticed that there wasn't much discussion on ufos in the tabloids...
(since then its changed)not because of me...but just fate.....
Anyway if you mention something people think about it....
Im amazed at the ammont of info out there on this stuff,
that people just don't know about.....
Does it harm me trying to shine a light on something that never really used to reach
the gutter rags?
Im not telling people to do anything or asking?im just saying
"#..These folks might be on to something look!''
Im sorry if this is grandiose i just don't see it.....
maybe i will when i grow up.....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I do not understand the comparison with ufo's, however it is true that it is a great song. Moreover Nena has of to fly away with its balloons... In these years there, there was of excellent group musical. Madness, Prefab sprout, Clash, Who ...it would need to open a subject there above. It would be nice to share our musical tastes to make surface certain titles as 99 balloons. It gave me urge to listen to again.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisonabike

Why did you decide to post under chrisonabike and then to say whom you are? You think that the fact of being famous makes you more credible either it annoyed you to be an unknown person among the unknown persons....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Great song! wow - I never realized what the lyrics could suggest until I've read it right now!...

But I think that these suggestion is only in the english traduction of the song. The same verse in german is...

99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
Hielt man fuer UFOs aus dem All
Darum schickte ein General
Eine Fliegerstaffel hinterher
Alarm zu geben, wenn es so war
Dabei war da am Horizont
Nur 99 Luftballons

and for me "99 Luftballons (...) Hielt man fuer UFOs aus dem All" is not as suggestive/evocative as the english lyrics "There's something here from somewhere else"

[edit on 6-8-2008 by White_mouse]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zemouk

As long as none is forced to come here and believe all is well, isn`t it?
I never heard about any celebs who told their fans to log in ATS any swallow everything written here.
In my humble opinion most people are grown up enough to decide on their own, if they want to read through all the stuff - and its so much, you wouldn`t really do it without a glimmer of interest.

Why not be glad about anyone advertising interest in these topics without influencing?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
wonder why nobody else did cover that nena-song yet....it was such a hit...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisonabike

it's one of the most stupid songs ever written. the lyrics are idiotic but i guess nobody ever bothered to translate this song into english the way it really IS; the lyrics had to be improved for the english market cuz otherwise noone would have bought this crap. nena has never been into ufos and the reason this song got so huge was that she was a part of the ndw - the new german wave - a rather embarassing musical period in german speaking countries which is to be identified by extremely crappy and ridiculous lyrics (da da da; gib gas, ich will spaß or hurra hurra die schule brennt, recently covered by busted).

i remember you wanted to duett with her but in the end didn't. you did yourself a favour. if you want to duett with someone who really is interested in to ufos look for nina hagen. she's completely nuts, lovely, and knows everything about the paranormal.
and unlike nena she can sing.

emily

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
yeah and it is always good to give ppl food for thoughts - no matter WHO (celebrity, non-celebrity...whatever) that does...

[edit on 6-8-2008 by milabb.]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by milabb.
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i agree with EVERYTHING you said and also envie how good you are with words...

At best everybody should discover the mystique of the universe and the mysterium of existence itself on their own without the need for anyone (celebrity or not) to lead them to it. how can someone possibly NOT think about all the interesting topics, opinions, theorys etc. you find for example here on ATS?
But if anyone (celebrity or not) gives ppl thought-provoking-impulses i totally advocate that.

but in general: what kind of society became of us to put "celebritys" on a throne - to follow their lifestyle, thinking etc? it is just their profession who necessarily makes them known by a lot of people - nothing else. it doesnt say anything about their abilities, character, intelligence etc (not that there are no intelligent celebritys out there with strong characters, but this is sth what their fame doesnt tell about them). i mean there are ppl out there who save lifes everyday...if to put someone on a throne why not these? but that is maybe another topic.

anyway - nice post, thank you.

thanks millab
since my last post i'm now a member of this facinating website!

dont envy my words at all though because they are just that, words.
i beleive the old clique that actions speak louder..... is much more falible in todays society. in the web world you just dont know who people are or what there agenda is. its kind of scary when its really hard to trust a simple post yeah? i'm not saying not to trust my post though (hehe) just keep your wits about what people say b/c its quite easy to be lead astray.

getting back to celeb culture and what it does for for our logic....prob not much. i think they cop flack because they falsify alot of things and you just dont know if their being genuine or not. its easier i think to beleive musicians because i think you can see right into them when you listen to their music and lyrics. that type of communication and what they are trying to say is unmistakeable.

its humans who put people on pedastools which is why when you read the title 'celebrity stargazing' you automatically go 'what the', well i do anyhow
. nothing wrong with celebs being on the search train, they just shoudlent use it to benefit themselves...share the knowledge, dont sell it.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by enlighten2012]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisonabike

wow thats amazing...i love that song...i wanna cover it but everytime i bring it up
people look at me like its a bad idea....Knew there was reason...cheers

since when do you depend on the opinion or looks of other people?
it is indeed a lovely song,
in my opion it is not really a song about ufos, more a song about people who misinterpret what they see

just balloons

and usually people don.t want to take a look at things they don.t understand, they don.t know … it scares them
and i bet everybody who has a sighting which can.t be interpreted by the knowledge which is stored in your soul would be scared at the first minute

we tend to compare what we see to that what we know
and that there might be more in this world than the stuff right in front of them is more than most people can bear
but the more it becomes common to talk about such pheonomeons - especially in public - the more real it will become to them

[edit on 6-8-2008 by orange-light]

@darlin
nobody should force anybody to belive anything
you can only find your own truth - you as everybody else in this world
but discussing phenomenons as ufo sightings might help people much more easy to accept the truth which is in themselves - not only out there

[edit on 6-8-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
@ orangelight

that`s what I said - I think most ppl are here cause they are interesed in the subject an not in the celeb
anyway, it`s brilliant if a spotlight is thrown on ufology and all stuff connected
and if it´s done by a celeb it`s okay as well, I dont`t mind at all

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by enlighten2012

hey where is that "sweetie" gone...
?

good decision to become a member here - thousand of interesting topics to read...(god i spend too much time doing that...)

btw: there is no need to trust or to mistrust anyone or any post here...
you just take the words as they are - sometimes they make you think, sometimes they dont, thats it. better not to know peoples agenda because that could make reading their words prejudiced. now it is just what it is....words.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hi Rob

When you and I met in Laughlin earlier this year, we did actually discuss why the younger element was missing from most conferences and how we could attract more in the future.

I think by celebrities like yourself "coming out" about their strange phenomena interests, it will help promote the fact that EVERYONE should be aware that this stuff is actually going on!

Good on yer I say!

Ross

[edit on 6-8-2008 by nomadrush]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by milabb.
reply to post by enlighten2012

hey where is that "sweetie" gone...
?

good decision to become a member here - thousand of interesting topics to read...(god i spend too much time doing that...)

btw: there is no need to trust or to mistrust anyone or any post here...
you just take the words as they are - sometimes they make you think, sometimes they dont, thats it. better not to know peoples agenda because that could make reading their words prejudiced. now it is just what it is....words.

hey sweetie.... i thought you may get offended thats why i edited.
some people do when you use words like sweetie, babe ect ect but i just naturally do it without noticing sometimes.

re taking words as they are...your 100% right and will take advise. i am the least predjudiced person you'll find though have been burnt many a times in my life hense why i'm wary....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
Hi Rob

When you and I met in Laughlin earlier this year, we did actually discuss why the younger element was missing from most conferences and how we could attract more in the future.

I think by celebrities like yourself "coming out" about their strange phenomena interests, it will help promote the fact that EVERYONE should be aware that this stuff is actually going on!

Good on yer I say!

Ross

[edit on 6-8-2008 by nomadrush]

i know this isnt att to me though can i just stick my nose in for one sec then i'm outta here......

'most' youth of today are more intrested in themselves to be honest. actually most youth of yesteryear were also. wanting to acquire knowledge about the unknown comes with age i think hense why you prob will see the more 'mature'
at the conferences / on boards like ATS. at this age we're getting comfortable in our skins and dont mind the truth wether it comes from the known or unknown so welcome it with open arms.

i'm going now.......

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The trouble is, the kids have it "taught out of them" and told it is wrong to believe in any of this stuff! It's not until we get into out 30's that we start to stand up and speak out about what we see. Even then, some still don't for fear of public ridicule.

Did you know for instance that the Rendlesham landing was FILMED by the US military - although the likes of us will probably never get to see it lol!

Ross

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

I must admit I'm getting a bit confused about all this discussion here and find it difficult to stay on topic. Probably because if I look again at skept!cal's "Seems Robbie Williams is busy trying to get Hollywood involved w/ the Extraterrestrial vibe...LINK....and link ..." and knowing/having read through chrisonabise comments here ... it all seems kinda not right and diffuse now. Anyway.

But nevertheless the thread title is about 'Celebrity Stargazing' and
as it turned out to be
also '(Identified) Celebrity Threadgazing' here. Which I find very good bc everyone can rule out a hoax and if it would come to real important information, stuff and knowledge I would kinda tend to trust someone publicy know more then every stranger in the web ...

Which brings me back to the OP an the last (indirect) question scept!cal have brought up: "Im just really trying to grasp if this will help or hurt our community..... "

As I see a community as a group of dozens of individual beings it will be a task to go thru dozens of individual opinions here and in the end try to do some statistics ... or simply start a poll?!?

So, well ... help or hurt ATS?
I can't honestly say and will not dare to speak on the behalf of the community, bc unity seems still being a problem on the planet ... but looking only at this thread, I see a very unusual high amount of views/hits within a very short time and also many many post(er)s coming up, who kinda bury the essential information here, which makes it really hard to find out what could be the true and interesting stuff for the UFO seekers and everything beside the normal (paranormal) investigators ...
On another note I just want speak for myself and may add that the massive attention this thread gets makes me really really careful what I post because I do not just get friendly and sympathetic vibes from all the curious onlookers ... and also do not know what they will make out or up of it ... and if this/they will hurt me??? That's up to YOU [k]now!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well, isn`t it the topic which is quite woolly?
I mean, "celebritiy stargazing" could be about all or nothing at a time.
Is is about chrisonabike in particular or about all other celebs who spoke out?
Is it about the question "does it help or harm ATS?"
Is it about songs and movies dealing with extraterrestrial stuff?

You know, there are so many different topics suggested by two words, so no wonder ppl get mixed up in here and wonder on which topic to stay.

Nevertheless I think ATS is able to cope with one thread like this one, it´s just a bit more in a popular scientific way besides the usual "how do I report a sighting" and "water found on mars" threads.

To each his own - talking about individuals.
The community on ATS consists of many individuals with their own lives and opinions , like in every society on earth (or elsewhere), so let them be...it`s a real enrichment and what life is about.

What unites all of us is the interest in the unknown, the seach for the why and the hunger for answers fo our questions.

And in the end it does not matter if you are famous or not - the interest in it is what counts.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
The trouble is, the kids have it "taught out of them" and told it is wrong to believe in any of this stuff! ,,,
Ross

Galileo Galilei once said:

"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself."

I guess (and hope) this is still the case today ...

[edit on 6/8/2008 by guard]

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join