It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrity Stargazing

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
so celebritys talking about their ufo-believes really get people interested in the topic itself? i mean i would appreciate if that would happen, because it is always good when people start thinking a little deeper - no matter what subject.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i found that article...ronald reagans ufo sighting....its might be interesting...

Ronald Reagan's U.F.O. Sighting

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
this is an interesting sententence which i quote from the article secret-dreams just mentioned:

“After he elected President, I kept thinking about that event, and wondered if he still would have won if he told everyone that he saw a flying saucer.”

so at that time it seemed that a person lost all his reputations while telling having seen an UFO.

so maybe i am wrong thinking, that if a celeb claims having seen something unusual which could be an UFO might make people interested in the subject. but maybe some people dare to come out with the subject if they know that even presidents or former presidents have seen such an object

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

if rw fans follow him here, so be it i guess. hopefully their minds are opened alittle by what they read.

i dont actually beleive that ufo's / the unknown requires celeb endoresments though. i think its kind of fickle to think that putting your name on a something like this enlightens peoples minds. what world do we live in today that these 'celebrities' are required to make us recycle more or give $ to charities. there is no anonyminity or self worth any longer and its really 'beeping' sad. why do people have to be told what to do and think and why is it ppl think "well if ---- thinks its cool, it must be???

i am constantly searching for the unknown and thrive on info that will open my mind just that little more, though not for one second would i allow these celebs sell me a thought/feeling about how i should think/act because thats my journey. i want to go to sth america, egypt ect and view the extrordinary with my own eyes, my own touch.

i could go on forever though its midnight here in Oz and time to snooze. in saying all i did above though, congrats to 'chrisonabike' for sharing alittle of himself on ats. its a great site which has made my existence on earth seem very intresting and allows my mind to wander off into the unknown which makes my journey here that much worth while

namaste
enlighten-me

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No matter where you come from or where you are going, it`s always good to be open minded.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i agree with EVERYTHING you said and also envie how good you are with words...

At best everybody should discover the mystique of the universe and the mysterium of existence itself on their own without the need for anyone (celebrity or not) to lead them to it. how can someone possibly NOT think about all the interesting topics, opinions, theorys etc. you find for example here on ATS?
But if anyone (celebrity or not) gives ppl thought-provoking-impulses i totally advocate that.

but in general: what kind of society became of us to put "celebritys" on a throne - to follow their lifestyle, thinking etc? it is just their profession who necessarily makes them known by a lot of people - nothing else. it doesnt say anything about their abilities, character, intelligence etc (not that there are no intelligent celebritys out there with strong characters, but this is sth what their fame doesnt tell about them). i mean there are ppl out there who save lifes everyday...if to put someone on a throne why not these? but that is maybe another topic.

anyway - nice post, thank you.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by anxiouscat

Please try and stay on topic...Robbie really doesnt need a million ppl gushing over him here at ATS he is here just like me and you researching alternative topics...Thanks in advance for staying on topic....

Skept!cal

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I just came around this (german! sorry) article here www.spiegel.de... which could really help bring this thread back on topic. The Article is from today and about BRIAN Harold MAY, aka QUEEN guitar legend ... He seem's to be a real professional at 'Stargazing' as he just published his doctoral thesis with the title "A Survey of Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud"
He was lucky to get into a field of research nobody really cared for more then 30 years ... so he was able to unify this with his rockstar career.

I must admit this brings up the humility in me ... asked for in the Original first post ... bc I really bow to the people who know about and use ALL off their god given gifts. Lots of famous people in history had more then one interest and profession (Astronoms, Physics, Mystics, Music, Math, Philosophy, Medicine, ... where often clustered within one person) And many of the Celebrities nowadays are in my opinion simply so famous because they Do what they are good and talented at. Of course not all are natural born geniuses and it's a lot of hard work to become really good, but I believe theres several out there who are not just gifted in one way. So they can definetly contribute something worthy and noble for mankind with their various interests and their public status ...

PS: Because some of you started to contribute here some stuff with songs about UFO's & Co. ... Not sure if this counts but I was somehow magically reminded about it in the last days ... so what's about Nena's "99 red balloons" www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by guard

wow actually thats a great reference I forgot the lyrics until you mentioned it but yes it did suggest a UFO encounter.

99 red balloons.
floating in the summer sky.
Panic bells, it's red alert.
There's something here from somewhere else.

The war machine springs to life.
Opens up one eager eye.
Focusing it on the sky.
Where 99 red balloons go by.

99 Decision Street.
99 ministers meet.
To worry, worry, super-scurry.
Call the troops out in a hurry.
This is what we've waited for.
This is it boys, this is war.

The president is on the line
As 99 red balloons go by.

But how much did people pay attention to the message at the time?

[edit on 4-8-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

not a bit! not a single bit nephra tari! the song just sloped by and then business as usual.
you have to imagine that it was a big hit at that time and played in every radio station all over the country.

the original german lyrics refer directly to UFO not just something form somewhere else, UFOs from outer spaces

but i don.t think that the song is conected with UFO experience of Nena or the songwriter Carlo Karges! never heard that any of them had had such experiences.

guess we should start a thread in the music section about all these stuff!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The song originally is German and its about red balloons mistaken for Ufos...its about a very harmless incident causing war.

It was published during the time of cold war and armament, just to show how close to war one could be - by a simple misinterpretation.

The composers never wanted to put focus on ufos......

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Moderated at my age lol!!!!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by nomadrush]

[edit on 5-8-2008 by nomadrush]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hey folks, this is my first posting about my „experience“ with something that looks like an ufo.
At night, me watching the stars, suddenly there were some lights.. you know, like big circles , turning round and round, moving very fast at the beginning, then they slow down. I was starring to the sky, fascinated and kind of shocked about the things that happened up there. I told some friends about that, they always said:“Oh please, that were the lights from the disco / club not far away from you.“ Hmmm, funny thing, cause the disco / club was closed that night and if it was open, the lights won't move in my direction, they stay where they are. That experience wasn't the only one, i'm sure i've seen something looking like ufos for about 2-3 times in the last 5-6 years. Anyway, i love to watch the stars, the moon,the clouds and see what happens. It's fascinating and interesting as well and i wanna know more about it. Hope this site/ these threads will help me to find out more about it. I'm sure we're not alone and maybe THEY live with us, even we don't know it yet..

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by milabb.

thanks for your post millab. dont envy words though.....they are really not that special. its taken many years of searching for me to be where i am though beleive the old clique, actions speak.... is the truth. we humans can talk ourselves out of a lot of sh*t though its when you 'see' the changes people make thats most important.

some celebrities arnt the brightest bunch and are often given lots of $$$ to endorse leaving people buying a brand or idea they really know nothing about. the celebrities are life roadtesters and we are the mindless generation. there are a few out there though that are the real thing and congrats to them for shinning the light. it is hard though to know them when you see them because trusting people these days is getting ridiculously hard. second guessing is becomming my specialty and i hate that.

i am reading a book at the moment about the connection btw music and our minds as well as the unknown. we all know some of the best written songs have had assistance from some kind of stimulant though maybe also some other frequency we dont know much about. how can perfection be so evident? how does music/lyrics bring some to experience outer body experiences? do the frequencies in music resemble what is out there? (i think so). we are vibrations and i def think the connection we have with one another and this earth, we also have with et's.

i hope this conversation continues b/c its intresting....
keep talking because knowledge is the pathway for our journey's.

namaste
enlighten-me

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hi again,
have to point out that i am suprised that Major tom the return by Peter Schilling hasn`t been mentioned.
4, 3, 2, 1
Earth below us
Drifting, falling.
Floating weightless
Calling, calling home...

I liked this one too,space oddity was no1 when my husband was born and he got exited when he came across this track
Heres a link and there is also a link to the song lyrics

www.songfacts.com...

If you scroll down the page there are some interesting comments about many tracks and space.
I forgot E.L.O. had some interesting album covers too.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by tracey ace]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I quite honestly couldn't care less if celebrities are stargazing.. Doesn't make any change to what people believe, they are still normal human beings like every other person on this planet. Why's it so amazing that celebrities are watching the skies? I absolutely hate the way people follow fashion and people because it's 'what they do'. Most people that look into things like space and UFO's etc are intelligent and do what they want and think what they want, so I don't see the big significance of celebrities coming forward saying they watch the sky...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
[edit on 6-8-2008 by enlighten2012]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

wow thats amazing...i love that song...i wanna cover it but everytime i bring it up
people look at me like its a bad idea....Knew there was reason...cheers

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join