It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascist Police State: More Cops conducting illegal checkpoints and violating 4th amendment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wake up America ,you are sleep walking into martial law.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Pentagon devising scenarios for martial law in US
By Patrick Martin
9 August 2005
Use this version to print | Send this link by email | Email the author

According to a report published Monday by the Washington Post, the Pentagon has developed its first ever war plans for operations within the continental United States, in which terrorist attacks would be used as the justification for imposing martial law on cities, regions or the entire country.

The front-page article cites sources working at the headquarters of the military’s Northern Command (Northcom), located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The plans themselves are classified, but “officers who drafted the plans” gave details to Post reporter Bradley Graham, who was recently given a tour of Northcom headquarters at Peterson Air Force Base. The article thus appears to be a deliberate leak conducted for the purpose of accustoming the American population to the prospect of military rule.

According to Graham, “the new plans provide for what several senior officers acknowledged is the likelihood that the military will have to take charge in some situations, especially when dealing with mass-casualty attacks that could quickly overwhelm civilian resources.”

The Post account declares, “The war plans represent a historic shift for the Pentagon, which has been reluctant to become involved in domestic operations and is legally constrained from engaging in law enforcement.”

source

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Important:Using Content from other Websites on ATS. Please review this link

[edit on 20-7-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Personally, I applaud anyone who is willing to put their rear on the line to protect our constitution. I hate going through these check points & even in my tiny town, they are frequent. Every holiday weekend, many summer evenings, I will find a road block will be set up. They always do it in one of two locations, sometimes both at the same time & the locations they choose make it so you can't easily get into town without going through one or the other.

I avoid these roads now because my last encounter with one. I waited in line to be checked for god knows what. I was pulled over & questioned because I had my son with me. The officers reasoning was that he didn't believe my son, was actually my son.
Apparently, I didn't look old enough to be his mother (my son, then 13, was already 6'0") & since my son had no ID, the officer wanted to search my car. I only got out of the search because one of the other officers recognized me from high school & knew the "guy" next to me was really my 13 yr old kid.

So I guess this officer thought my son was an adult hiding his identity or something. Nice way to teach our kids to trust the police when their first encounter with one scares the cr*p out of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There needs to be a national organization of retired lawers, a watchdog agency whose soul purpose is protecting our 4th ammendment rights from law enforcment officers abusing their powers. They could work with the police as well training them on civilan rights. I know a lot of cops would appreciate such training and oversite. Luckily I live in Madison WI and the cops here (city of madison police department) are awesome! They are very well trained and respectful of our citizens rights.

Blocking any poster that bothers and/or attacks you is always the right decision over feeding them.
welcome to ATS justin!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have already posted my personal harassment by police, but couldn't find the thread:

In brief, years ago I was pulled over for a tail light not working. I had left church and was on my way home. I was not speeding. I was pulled over and the officer for no reason made me get out of my car, handcuffed me, and put me in his car. I was terrified, as I had never been into trouble before.

Without any reasoning behind it, he searched my entire car, and dumped out the entire contents of my purse and rifled through everything. I was beyond scared out of my mind. I had no idea why I was being treated like a criminal. Then other officers arrive. And they were talking, and looking through things.

When the officer finally came back and "ran me through" he questioned me as to if I had a warrant out on my arrest and I said absolutely I had not since I had never been into trouble before in my life.

He started to get verbally abusive with me, by threatening me if I was lying to him. I kept saying I was not lying. When everything came back clear he got out and left me sitting there cuffed in the car while visiting with other officers.

finally he comes back and releases me. I asked him "Why did you search my car and my purse?" No answer. I asked, "Did I fit the description for someone else, is that why my things were searched?" (basically is what I had asked) and he said nothing in response.

When I was let go I walked back to my car and everything in my car was gone through. My purse was all over the front seat. My glove box was open and everything out of it. It was a mess.

I was really shook up over this. My husband was so enraged he went to the police station to ask why I was treated this way and he was stone walled too.

I just think I ran into a bored officer who felt like going on a power trip and personally I think it's sick to put fear into another person just because you can. But it happens, and it will continue to happen.

I was arrested, wrongfully. For no reason. When I read the police report it said "Warning on broken tail light". No mention made of being handcuffed.
I wish I had took a step further on this and sued for wrongful arrest, especially when I was not even a suspect for a crime.

Yes, this country has gone in the direction of violation of our civil rights, but it didn't just start up recently, this has been going on for many years.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Asherah]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The officers reasoning was that he didn't believe my son, was actually my son. Apparently, I didn't look old enough to be his mother (my son, then 13, was already 6'0") & since my son had no ID, the officer wanted to search my car. I only got out of the search because one of the other officers recognized me from high school & knew the "guy" next to me was really my 13 yr old kid.

wow I thought our family was the only one who had this happen to us. when our daughter was around 3 years old, my husband was taking her over to his moms to drop her off. he was going 5 mph over the limit and the cop nabbed him. there was a woman officer present who actually questioned my husband as to whether or not his daughter was his!!!
I seriously just couldn't believe it. It's disgusting.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A Trooper smashed my friend's video camera one night.

They stopped us for no reason, other than to ask if we had been drinking. My young female cousin was the DD, and told the cop several times that she doesn't drink. So then they tell us to open up the van. They start poking around and beaming us with their flashlights, when they suddenly realized that my friend was taping.

"Is that camera on?" the Trooper asked.

"Yes sir," my friend replied.

"Turn it off... How long did you have it on?"

"Since we got in the van."

He then noticed a little light blinking, snatched it, and smashed it on the road. We were then free to go.

EDIT to add: This happened probably close to ten years ago or so.

[edit on 7/18/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

The officers reasoning was that he didn't believe my son, was actually my son. Apparently, I didn't look old enough to be his mother (my son, then 13, was already 6'0") & since my son had no ID, the officer wanted to search my car. I only got out of the search because one of the other officers recognized me from high school & knew the "guy" next to me was really my 13 yr old kid.

wow I thought our family was the only one who had this happen to us. when our daughter was around 3 years old, my husband was taking her over to his moms to drop her off. he was going 5 mph over the limit and the cop nabbed him. there was a woman officer present who actually questioned my husband as to whether or not his daughter was his!!!
I seriously just couldn't believe it. It's disgusting.

It is unreal that an officer can do such a thing. I showed this officer a school picture of my son & that didn't seem enough for him. What other way do we have to prove they are our children on the side of a road other than carrying their birth cert.'s with us everywhere we go?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by SystemiK
Nice find DD.

I've just invited the person who shot that video clip to join in on the discussion here, hopefully he'll accept the invitation and can provide some additional details about his confrontation.

I'll be interested to see if he does post something on here or not. If he does, I've got a lot of questions for him. No, none of them are about his name, address, or none of that, I am not a Police Officer.

I am however not stupid in the least. He stated to the Officer he was interested in sending the video in to Alex Jones, so this means he has an agenda, as well as leaving the date, day of the week, and time out of this video, means either he is not professional, or again has an agenda. When someone loads a video with words scrolling across it, they have an agenda, as evidenced by MSNBC, Fox News, and CNBC, so this guy, has an agenda of some sort, whether he is being completely honest about the content of the video, or whether he is flat out lieing in order to smash Law Enforcement's images, the truth will eventually come out.

Just because we have Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum in the White House, does not mean all Law Enforcement are following their stupid orders to the letter. This would be just as insane as saying ALL Law Enforcement Officers are Fascist Nazi Cops, or ALL Law Enforcement Officers are Crooked Cops, it's just not logical. Sorry, while I know there are people who fit that designation, they are not all that way.

so what if he has an agenda? he is allowed to shoot the video from where he was, period. he was causing no interference and the cops shouldn't have had any reason to even walk over and tell him he is doing something illegal or even IMPLY that he was. you apparently didn't notice how far away he was or are even concerned that they basically ordered him to stop filming and provide I.D.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by candyfloss

Technically speaking we are already under martial law, and have been for a very long time...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

...but I see your point, which reminded me of this infomercial...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

THAT IS A DAMN GOOD POST jACK IN THE BOX.iJUST GOOGLED MARTIAL LAW/US (sorry caps left on ,not being dramamtic) and aton of stuff came up .Some going back to the 2004/5/6.One was from 2006 and a congress man was qouted as saying that the word in congress at that time was that Bush was planning to wage war against Iran in the Autumn and if an impeachment was attempted he would impose matrial law.Of course some of this is conjecture but if you search you will find that there are some peices of this puzzle that are starting to come together to make a very scary jigsaw.I would post the links (instead of doing clumsy posts ) but know one seems interested plus I'm English so they may take it the wrong way.But if I was you right now in the US I would be thinking very seriously about my future.Thnks for repling to me anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I like you chaps from across the pond. You might want to check out the work of David Icke, one of your fellow islanders.

If you are not farmiliar with his work, get ready to have your doors blown off. Buy a few of his books. Really opens up the receptors to disinfo. Red pill or blue pill? His work, along with another source that I cannot name, did a lot to change how I view the world today. But beware, there are some things you just can't "un-see," and for some, ignorance is bliss.

Here's a thread with the latest Icke video...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are some other important threads...

And one insane thread...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yes,thanks I will look at them.I watched his By-election talk recently and the bit about traffic wardens being given special powers because there is a war coming scaredme.Apparently a newspaper reported on this development too.I'm not quite sure how martial law would work here as we're such a small island.We certainly live in interesting times.I notice you live in NY.Has there been any suspicious behaviour there?Powers tha t be wise not generally lol

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

All sorts of sketchy stuff here in NY, but you get numb to it sometimes. Sometimes you're just numb after you've been tasered. Here's my latest run-in with the fascist police-state...

...and here is how it wound up...

By the way, DimensionalDetective is a top-notch poster. You can visit his profile by clicking on his name there, to look over the threads he has started. A lot of really good stuff.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Jack in the box.Firstly have I got this right ?you used to be in law enforcement in some form?I read your posts about your court case.But I'm confused and horrified.The officers obviously used unreasonable force and you had multiple witnesess.Is it out of the question to complain officialy and sue them or will this result in harassment.All these stories that are coming out of the US concerning the police being totally out of control are very worrying.It's almost like they've been given carte blanche to behave how they like.I think you should let an independent body-like Alex Jones know about your case so it is documented at least.We have a saying in England'Don't let the Bastards grind you down'Best wishes to you and your family,Candyfloss

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Firstly have I got this right ?you used to be in law enforcement in some form?

My uniformed service was as a Security Guard, which is often ridiculed as being a "fake" cop. In actuality, Security Guards often have more power than the police, but are not extended the civil protections enjoyed by the police. It can be a bit mercenary.

I have made felony arrests, I have had to make out reports at scenes of fatalities, I have responded to scenes of domestic violence. The biggest difference that my work had with police work, was the tempo. Some of my posts were dull. Security guard have far more limited jurisdiction as well in most cases. If I am patrolling a mall, my contracted responsiblity ends at the edges of the property.

I have also worked very closely with local police departments in other capacities.

Is it out of the question to complain officialy and sue them or will this result in harassment.

The stakes are very high right now in the local politics, for other reasons than my own. To put myself in the middle of that right now with something like this probably wouldn't be worth it.

I could have filed a "notice of claim" against the town, to reserve my right to sue. But I knew that if I did that, I would be shown no quarter in the criminal proceeding, regardless of teh facts of the case.

But at present, I am working clandestinely to actually end the existence of the local police department. LEGALLY, through politics that is, not violently.

[edit on 7/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
why does the video say july 27, 2008? last i checked that's next week.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What a GREAT thread!!!!

I thoroghly enjoyed reading it in its (so far) entirety. I dont have anywhere near as cool as some of the stories ive read, nor do I have any questions for the OP or maker of the film. (jackinthebox however gets extra koodoes for the info ive gained from his posts, thanks). The only opinion I have is that agree with both sides, A) our rights ARE being ignored/taken away and we should all be more informed and able to do something about it, and B) Police DO need to do their jobs in a proper fashion without any undue or unneccessary interference.

I do however have just this to add - the video made me curious, just what ARE the laws regarding filming in public? I did a few simple searches and found some pretty interesting information. I wont bore you with all of it, but this here can give you a good idea of what ive found:

ask.metafilter.com...

Again, GREAT thread!!! once i can figure out stars and flags, this will be one of the first places to get it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

I dont have anywhere near as cool as some of the stories ive read

Pretty well sums it all up doesn't it?

Semper

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

no. why would you say that?
by the recent statistics published in these threads, there are less than one million cops, and like 300 million people.

so, roughly it's one cop to every three hundred people. and that's 300:1 if every cop was evil, and at least half are not, so that makes it 600:1. you probably have a better chance of getting cancer than having a run-in with a bad cop.

good thing for the cops that people still trust them for the most part, because the cops are hopelessly outnumbered if push were to come to shove.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join