It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascist Police State: More Cops conducting illegal checkpoints and violating 4th amendment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'll keep this short and simple!

Lumping all cops into one list and saying they are all bad or all power hungry could be like saying because one person of one color robbed a bank or did a home invasion ,they should all be concidered a threat. Thats just not true and rather annoying.

I've been stopped before and a few times for no reason.Yet, I still showed them my ID because I was driving ( you can be arrested in Missouri for driving with out your license on you or in your car or truck ) and simply asked the officer why I was stopped. Why argue with them and make everyones day worse? Hell, I've even said no to a search and told them it was because I was going to be late for work and they simply smiled and said thank you sir and thanks for your honesty and have a good day and drive safe.

Now,are their bad cops? Yes,their are.But that can be said for any field of work. I'm in the Military and I've seen bad folks their too.But the vast majority I've met or know are good honest folks.

Simply put people. If you disagree with a traffic stop or think it's wrong or unconstitutional still show you ID when requested if you are driving or when walking verbally ID your self. Then if you wish,file a complaint with the police or DA or even contact a lawyer. Getting yourself arrested isn't proving much except you like spending your money on bail.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkel

Lumping all cops into one list and saying they are all bad or all power hungry could be like saying because one person of one color robbed a bank or did a home invasion ,they should all be concidered a threat. Thats just not true and rather annoying.

Well, I suppose there were some good Nazis too.

I've been stopped before and a few times for no reason.Yet, I still showed them my ID because I was driving ( you can be arrested in Missouri for driving with out your license on you or in your car or truck ) and simply asked the officer why I was stopped.

But you do agree then that this is illegal, un-Constitutional? It is my opinion that such public complacency is dangerous, in that it allows for fascism and a darker tomorrow for our children.

I too would elect to show my ID however.

Hell, I've even said no to a search and told them it was because I was going to be late for work and they simply smiled and said thank you sir and thanks for your honesty and have a good day and drive safe.

Consider yourself lucky. I had two Troopers do an illegal search on my car one night. They tried to get me to swing on one of them by punching my girlfriend in the stomach. As it turns out, the two were coke-heads hoping to shake me down. They had assumed I would be carrying because I had tinted windows in a spot that was active, although I didn't know it. My girl and I were just there to watch the planes land and take-off on a nice Summer evening. I have other stories I could share as well. Like the night they ripped my car apart because I was driving around with a cardboard monk in the back seat.

Now,are their bad cops? Yes,their are.But that can be said for any field of work. I'm in the Military and I've seen bad folks their too.But the vast majority I've met or know are good honest folks.

But that's half the problem, the most important half really. The fact that good people are being turned into fascists.

Simply put people. If you disagree with a traffic stop or think it's wrong or unconstitutional still show you ID when requested if you are driving or when walking verbally ID your self.

That much I agree with.

Then if you wish,file a complaint with the police or DA or even contact a lawyer.

Yeah, well, good luck with that. There was a bar fight locally where a drunk cop beat the crap out of someone. The charges got reduced to the point that the DA wouldn't prosecute. So the victim brought in their own lawyer to prosecute. The judge ruled they couldn't do that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So is there a real solution to dirt cops? They just made the police in my town take drug test. Maybe that's a start. The justice system is corroded. We pushed for stiffer penalties but our mom's and dad's got us off light. Who is the real blame for the problem? We must think that crime is O.K. until we get caught. Then we must beat the rap. So until we stop bringing our slick lawyers and making deals, bribing judges. We're going to win some and lose some and unfortunately be taken for the ride ourselves. Perhaps the "straight and narrow" doesn't apply to the fencewalk we do.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

These cops are blatlenly violating Federal Laws much less state. I live in Cobb County Georgia and that would never happen if you are recording from afar or recording from private property. The Cobb roadblocks are "by the book" and they are very courteous. It's 3-10 seconds. Glance and go! The media here would love to get that here because it would GET AIRED!! I have a direct number to a buddy at Channel 46 and so I would be begging them to arrest me while I am speed dialing him. The mention of media here is enough to let you do your own thing here. The media is a big weapon here for any shady activity. I guess there maybe a lot of Mexicans there who are scared of governemnt. I am an American citizen and exercise my rights to the fullest extent of the law. Get this film to the Captain of that town now!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
One of the main things people screw up on is in talking to the filthy cops at all: I never answer ANY questions and never egage in small talk with a thug cop.

You do NOT have to say anything whatsoevber to a cop...you do NOT have to answer any questions. There are only a few things that need to be said to a cop: " I will not answer any questions or make any statements without a lawyer present". or: " Am I free to leave?" or " I do NOT gve consent to any searches". Thats it.

That stalls the game right away for the filth. It lets them know that they are not srewing around with a moron, and it puts them on notice that you probably have access to an attorney, which they fear greatly. The cops hate lawyers because they know that a lawyer can reverse their lies and tricks in court and hold them accoutable for their lies and actions.

Refusing to talk helps YOU. Never, ever follow any illegal orders given by a thug cop, either. Here is a typical list of illegal orders:

1. Leave your car door open . ( When ordered to exit vehicle)

2. Empty your pockets.

3. Open your trunk.

4. Answer my questions.

The ONLY orders a thug cop can legally give are for SAFETY or CUSTODY, NO OTHERS!! Anything else is a request, with the thug hoping you are ignorant of your rights and that you will obey his illegal ' orders'. They are NOT orders, but requests, and you can refuse to follow them.

Anytime a cop has to ask for something, they have ZERO right t it...remember that. If they had the right, they would not be asking, they would be taking...they are not polite nice guys, they are scum out to ruin your life and subvert the Constitution.

Cops are the worst enemy we in America have right now; no other group uses force and subterfuge all day, every day, to undermine the rule of law and the Constitution. Cops have NO conscience about ruining the Contitution, as long as it allows them to get another petty bust on their record. Cops care nothing about the ruinous effect they have on society when they demand consent and bluster and browbeat and lie to get consent...they will do almost anything to get consent, so they can go on their fishing expeditions and maybe get a bust.

Never ever talk to the cops...they are beneath our time and attention. Cops think that we have nothing better to do than put up with their garbage all day, but we do not have to go along with that: All we have to do is refuse to speak, insist on our rights being observed, and let the thugs know FAST that ANY viiolation of your rights on their part WILL result in complaints, charges and a lawsuit in federal court for civil rights violations.

Cops HATE the thought of standing in front of a federal judge and trying to explain whyhe violated your rights...and if more people sued and ruined these scum, we would have cops a lot more polite and less bullying and dishonest.

I put up with NO nonsense from ANY cop, and when I wear my T-shirt in public that says:" I DARE you pigs to search me without a warant"...I loe the looks on the cops faces...they hate me and I hate them, so bring it on so I can embarrassand sue you! never fear these bullies, they are 90% bluff, and 10% lies. Stand up to them and get empowered!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Do I detect a thinly veiled layer of contempt for our brave men in blue? How sad. I've never had a negative interaction with a police officer. I treat them with the same respect I treat any professional doing their job, and they've always returned the courtesy, without exception.

Maybe if you didn't wear a shirt daring them, your experience would be different. Funny how in life you frequently get what you expect, whether you want it or not.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Ditto. I never had any bad experience with any cop in my entire life. Simply give them respect, cooperate and in the end, both you and the officer gets to go home at the end of the day.

Most of these people who seem to have problems with cops put out the wrong attitude right off the bat. Cops deal with all sorts of types of attitudes each day, after awhile they develop a very keen sense to someone who is polite and someone who goes around with a chip on their shoulder daring anyone to knock it off. It is those who tend to make the situation far worse than what it really is, and are the ones most likely to end up on the floor being handcuffed.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Never ever talk to the cops...they are beneath our time and attention.

Yet here you are stereotyping them all yet again. Me thinks you doth protest too much...

No group of people are all the same. For every bad one, there are several that are not. Do you stereotype every group of people you run across? Just curious.

Cop an attitude with any group of people, and you're likely to get attitude right back...have you ever thought of that?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i have quite a few friends who are cops- 1 is a coconspirater with me on here- many i grew up with and others i know from being in the volunteer fd. many around here i don't know. i don't do anything wrong so hence i never get hassled. my one friend i saw in wawa and punched him in the chest when he smacked my ribs to ask me what i was carrying that day. he had a good chuckle and his partner i didn't know said he just assaulted you and brian said leave him alone he is a good guy we are just *snip* around. not to mention he is about a 7th degree black belt so i doubt i could take him. but the point is if you act like a decent person and don't provoke crap you are more than likely to be hit by lightning than harrassed by a cop.
do they start *snip*? of course they do. always a few bad apples in the bushel. but mostly they are just doing theirjoband when you have one like theirs you are always on gaurd for the safety of yourself, the person you have pulled over and the public.
do i agree with checkpoints? yes and no. in my eyes it is an illegal stop but if they get a drunk off the road ok. is it a nuisance? yes it is. but if you are doing nothing wrong you show them your documents and 9 times out of 10 they don't even bother to run them thru and just say have a good night sir.takes 30 seconds. if they ask to search you just politely say no sir i am already late enough for work or an appointment whatever. do not be nasty or derogatory and they will treat you in the same way politely.
people who go around asking for it are usually the ones who get what is coming to them and then bitch that they were harassed. not always the case but is a rare occurrence- usually hyped up by cop haters and the media as usual
would type more but have to go drink some beer and drive thru a checkpoint with my cam so i can start trouble

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Funny how no one ever reputes my hard facts: The facts are still true: Cops are ruining the Constitution and care nothing about that fact.

No one has disputed the main thesis, of course. It is fact. Cops are not our friends. They will lock you up for little or no reason in a cage like an animal.....they will ask you, demand from you even, that you GIVE UP your precious rights.

One of you cop loving groupies tell me please why you think that routinely demanding that drivers give up their precious, blood bought Constitutional Rights is a good thing for us all. tell me. tell me how badgering people, and threatening people, and quizzing people, is a good thing in a free nation.

many of you would LOVE Nazi Germany...too bad you are not old enough to have been there; you would love jack booted thug cops abusing people at will in the name of the state...you would enjoy, no doubt, seeing old men and women searched and harrassed so some cop could get another joint, but as for me, that is sick.

YOU may choose to BOW and BEG and scrape and humble yourself to these servants, but I treat servants differently; they should be seen but not hear from unles called. If they DO have to inconvenience s, they should be unfailingly polite, and NEVER>>>>EVER< EVER dare to ask any one of us to EVER give up our rights for their fishing trips...what a shame!

Stop and think; What would ANY of the founding fathers say if confronted with the thought of some cop asking every person he came across if they would be kind enough to spit on their rights and throw them away? They would be insulted!! They would be outraged!!!

GIVE UP our RIGHTS? What? For some COP? Makes one want to retch. What total disrespect to all the soldiers who shed their blood for us to HAVE and USE our rights...and to think of throwing them away...sickening. It is disloyal and UnAmerican, unpatriotic, to give away a hard won Right, isn't it? Sure it is, and you know it. What good is a right unused? Nothing?

I USE my Rights..I let those scurvy dog cops know that they better not ask ME to give up my rights...they will get a lecture and a shaming...they can drag their bald heads back to the donut shop and bother someone else, because I won't tolerate them.

next time you cave in and fear some cop, just think of what a worm he thinks you are...he is right.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Yes, I'm sure they just absolutely cower before you...

No one is disputing that there are police out there that abuse their power, or at least what they percieve as their power; I myself got one of those fired some years back. Yet somehow or other, I managed to not stereotype all of them into one neat little group. Something that you've, obviously, not managed to do.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, their attitude towards you might have something to do with, oh I don't know, your less than civil attitude? Treat someone poorly, and loe, don't be surprised if they return the favor. But no, you're a saint I'm sure, who has done absolutely nothing to deserve the gimlet eye. Uh huh...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Weren't the Alien and Sedition Acts written and passed by the founding fathers?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
And remember . It's only 75$ to buy a copy of the dash cam recording of your encounter. That 75$ can be the difference between the truth and there "word"

Great way to get them to commit Perjury themselves also .

I've lost count of the number of police dash cams and jail/prison cams that turn up "missing" after an event. Funny thing too -- it's a very rare event when any body with access to those videos gets charged. There are way too many hardcore criminals wearing a badge today. Way too few of them will ever see the inside of a cell.

If I ever sit on a jury where there's even the slightest hint of police involvement in *any* criminal activity, I'll vote to acquit the accused -- regardless of the crime.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

A bit after the Founding Fathers, but yeah, not the finest moment in our nations history.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Consider yourself lucky. I had two Troopers do an illegal search on my car one night. They tried to get me to swing on one of them by punching my girlfriend in the stomach. As it turns out, the two were coke-heads hoping to shake me down. They had assumed I would be carrying because I had tinted windows in a spot that was active, although I didn't know it. My girl and I were just there to watch the planes land and take-off on a nice Summer evening. I have other stories I could share as well. Like the night they ripped my car apart because I was driving around with a cardboard monk in the back seat.

Had an experience along the same line. We were stopped and one cop starts groping my GF. I was standing ten feet away with another cop and said "Hey, you can't do that".

The cop groping my GF walks the ten feet, pushes past the cop I'm with, unholsters his weapon, puts the barrel between my eyes and cocks the hammer. He says "I can do anything I want".

I'm a real advocate of video today.......

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Funny how no one ever reputes my hard facts: The facts are still true: Cops are ruining the Constitution and care nothing about that fact.

Hard facts? You mean maybe hearsay anecdotal evidence? It's unfortunate that you've apparently had some bad personal experiences. They certainly run contrary to my experiences and I can unequivocally state that if push came to shove, the police officers I know would be among the most zealous defenders of our constitutional rights.

No one has disputed the main thesis, of course. It is fact. Cops are not our friends. They will lock you up for little or no reason in a cage like an animal.....they will ask you, demand from you even, that you GIVE UP your precious rights.

Your definition of "fact" runs contrary to the standard accepted definition. Police officers are frequently called upon to be the last line of defense between upstanding citizens and the evilest kind of sociopathic miscreant. They're forced into making snap judgments in potentially life or death situations. Locked up for no reason? Where do you live?

One of you cop loving groupies tell me please why you think that routinely demanding that drivers give up their precious, blood bought Constitutional Rights is a good thing for us all. tell me. tell me how badgering people, and threatening people, and quizzing people, is a good thing in a free nation.

Now you're just being belligerent and abusive. Why the name calling? Did you ever consider that many police officers are among those who have worn the uniform of our country as well and fought and bled for your rights?

many of you would LOVE Nazi Germany...too bad you are not old enough to have been there; you would love jack booted thug cops abusing people at will in the name of the state...you would enjoy, no doubt, seeing old men and women searched and harrassed so some cop could get another joint, but as for me, that is sick.

Straw man much? Ad hominem? Do those terms sound familiar? Is that what I'd love and enjoy? Wow, I can't imagine why you might have a problem with people. You're so perceptive.

YOU may choose to BOW and BEG and scrape and humble yourself to these servants, but I treat servants differently; they should be seen but not hear from unles called. If they DO have to inconvenience s, they should be unfailingly polite, and NEVER>>>>EVER< EVER dare to ask any one of us to EVER give up our rights for their fishing trips...what a shame!

That's quite the elaborate little fantasy world you live in. Where did anyone advocate begging and bowing and scraping and humbling? Apparently treating a professional in the course of doing their job with respect is abhorrent to you? Why do you have such an aversion to civility? You should just try it sometime. I doubt the police officers in your jurisdiction take it upon themselves to proactively harass the innocent citizenry. If there are issues, they undoubtedly come down from whatever local government you have in your area. Your most effective avenue would be at the ballot box and maybe some activism around election time. Unless for some unknown reason it's just you having these problems in your area. And maybe criminals in general.

Stop and think; What would ANY of the founding fathers say if confronted with the thought of some cop asking every person he came across if they would be kind enough to spit on their rights and throw them away? They would be insulted!! They would be outraged!!!

A cop asks everyone he comes across if people will spit on their rights and throw them away? What's his badge number? Maybe if you didn't wear a shirt that said "HEY PIG I DARE YOU TO GLANCE IN MY DIRECTION", your interactions would be more positive. Just a suggestion.

GIVE UP our RIGHTS? What? For some COP? Makes one want to retch. What total disrespect to all the soldiers who shed their blood for us to HAVE and USE our rights...and to think of throwing them away...sickening. It is disloyal and UnAmerican, unpatriotic, to give away a hard won Right, isn't it? Sure it is, and you know it. What good is a right unused? Nothing?

The right to be belligerently obnoxious?

I USE my Rights..I let those scurvy dog cops know that they better not ask ME to give up my rights...they will get a lecture and a shaming...they can drag their bald heads back to the donut shop and bother someone else, because I won't tolerate them.

Oh I'm quite sure when they see you swaggering down the street in your notorious t shirt they just quake.

next time you cave in and fear some cop, just think of what a worm he thinks you are...he is right.

I can, without fear of contradiction, state there isn't a police officer I know who thinks of me as a worm. You're projecting.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubergrasshopper

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Had an experience along the same line. We were stopped and one cop starts groping my GF. I was standing ten feet away with another cop and said "Hey, you can't do that".

The cop groping my GF walks the ten feet, pushes past the cop I'm with, unholsters his weapon, puts the barrel between my eyes and cocks the hammer. He says "I can do anything I want".

I'm a real advocate of video today.......

This must have been quite some time ago, since police haven't carried pistols since the 1980's- at least not as their primary weapon.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Your completely right. The people here do not understand that police are not there to be our friends, they are our adversaries.

Those who sit here and answer every question they ask is only empowering them to violate the rights of the next guy. Your post was strongly worded but correct nevertheless.

What Eyewitness is talking about is your RIGHT to privacy which is INHERENT. If you give it up then you lose. Politeness, friendless doesn't matter, every encounter is a chess game. He asks where your headed, you refuse to answer. He has no right asking you anything. GIve up that right and your just a sheep walking to slaughter.

YEAHRIGHT: There is plenty of evidence to show police do not understand what there oaths mean or what the constitution is. You can see plenty of instances of this on youtube or read about it in newpapers.

The attempt at creating a generalization of all cops as bad or good is pointless. This isn't about good or bad, its about enacting your constitutional rights as an american citizen. You choose whether your going to do this.

I don't know what you mean when you say"Cops I know" if you know them personally or you've been pulled over by one a couple of times, either way I can tell you probably bent over backards to oblige any question they had, which is completely up to you, but your doing nothing but giving up your right to privacy and letting the officer have the power over you.

I already know what your exhausted response will be to this, " If you have nothing to hide why cause problems". First I have everything to hide, its MY privacy, if I wanted EVERYONE to know I would have it plastered on my car or yelling my business through a loud speaker. The point is its MINE and no one can take that from me.

Anyone who thinks using your rights is causing problems knows nothing about a right or why people have died fighting for them. Ignorance of this subject is fleeting at best here.

Eyewiittnesses comment about nazi's comes from the fact that the police in germany during that era would require you to have papers to roam the streets. In america more and more police are under the assumption that they can come up to you for no reason other then to check your ID. This is completely WRONG. Police have no power, NO POWER, until a LAW is being broken.

I'm pretty sure our founding fathers would indeed be quite disappointed in the way we've let our federal government steal our rights away. To try and create an argument from that statement just shows the lack of understanding of what our founding fathers tried to create.

The state of affairs that we are in today is due to the lack of knowledge and this propagandist belief that police have ultimate power and should always be answered and listened to. That is wrong.

"Any people that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by EnactingMyRight]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The whole premise of this thread was illegal checkpoints and the violations of the 4th amendment as a direct result of these illegal checkpoints...

Well I gotta say, I've not seen a great many, in fact none, of these checkpoints...

I must live in a strange part of the country...
. But given the rather lucrative meth trade that goes through the area, you'd think there would have been one, at least? Not even a state patrol check during the holidays, or it was so fast that I just didn't see it...

Rights are only given up if you permit it. The police do not, can not, take them from you, unless you let them... That doesn't, of course, mean wearing a tshirt... What it means is being aware of your rights as a citizen and exercising them.

Bad cops? Yep. They're around. But they're far out numbered by the good ones.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Roadblocks, the original issue, are legal, as long as certain conditions are met. I forced my local Sheriffs Dept. to STOP illegally using dogs at roadblocks, which they of course call' checkpoints'. The local yokels were using dogs at these so called checkpoints and I wrote a letter to the editor advising all citizens to object to their representatives because it is ILLEGAL to use dogs at checkpoints.

The cops, of course, always want to stretch the law to the point of breaking it...and have to be stopped by court decisions..because they want to be able to ignore all Constitutional Rights in their pursuit of more arrest numbers.

I try and advise others about what their rights are and when and how to use them...and the cops hate even this innocent and needed help for the people...they want ALL POWER over us. Cops actually believe that if they had NO limitations and could do anything they want that they could actually make a difference in crime...but of course ' crime' to them means any petty nonsense that happens to be on the books. NOT the issues that really impact the populace.

In the cases where people are filming the cops and the cops LIE and threaten to arrest the photographers, all it takes is to CALL THEIR BLUFF!! Thats right...be prepared to say; " Ok Officer, I am prepared to go to jail for my rights, and I WILL sue you in federal court for violating my Rights if you do not stop now".

The cops KNOW that they canot legally arrest you for filming...but cops HATE to be filmed because they routinely LIE, BLUFF, threaten, intimidate and otherwise use spurious means to' get the job done'. So, call their bluff!! Jail, even for a few hours, which is all it would take over a phony charge before you bail out..is not that bad. Most people are so afraid of jial that they cave in and allow the lying cops to imtimidate them into illegal compliance, instead of saying; " Yeah, lets go...arrest me for filming this scene so I can sue you".

Most cops are very afraid of being exposed as the liars and bluffers they are, and they will back down if they think you WANT them to arrest you...they will RUN from what they perceive as a set up. Just think about this:If you are acting as if you want the cop to violate you and your rights, the cop will smell a rat and flee from you. I have had cops walk away angry but more afraid of what I can do later in a court then they are about whatever issue they were bluffing about to begin with.

If a cop starts any nonsense, just say:" Officer, I am ready to go to jail to prove that you are violating my Rights...and when the charges are dropped I WILL file a federal alwsuit for civil rights violations". Then the cop has to determine how commited they are to the bluff or lie...most will relent and go away when forced to choose.

If you ever see a dog at a roadblock challenge it...it is illegal. never give a cop anything he has no right to....never tell them where you are going or where you have been...it is NONE of their damned business.If they ask for consent to search, REFUSDE and make NO comments as to why. Cops know when they are about to get their teat in a wringer and will back off...the ones that don't will get sued and complaints filed and publicity screamed out locally until justice is had.

Cops....bah, humbug.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join