It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens military response to US missile defence deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Russia threatens military response to US missile defence deal

www.timesonline.co.uk

Russia tonight threatened to retaliate by military means after a deal with the Czech Republic brought the US missile defence system in Europe a step closer.

The threat followed quickly on from the announcement that Condoleezza Rice signed a formal agreement with the Czech Republic to host the radar for the controversial project.

Moscow argues that the missile shield would severely undermine the balance of European security and regards the proposed missile shield based in two former Communist countries as a hostile move.

“We will be forced to react not with diplomatic, but with military-technical methods,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is not good. Russia hates us because of this missile shield and because Bush and Israel are pushing for war with Iran and now they are stepping up to the plate and threatening a military response which could range anywhere between a show of force by maybe detonating a nuke or putting up a shield of their own. Russia has a legitimate right to be concerned about this because you know that if it was happening to the US we would be Freaking out. It is never good to piss off the other super powers around the world.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

No, we wouldn't be "freaking out" if Russia had decided to do this, we'd be building our own missile shield. It's a defensive measure and as a citizen of the United States, who's safety will be improved to some degree by said shield, I am all for it. If Russia wants to build their own, let them do so.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was hoping to pop this story out, but I guess if I want to break a story I'm going to have to keep to the news agency on one page with hitting refresh and another page opened to ATS.

To me it sounds like another piece of the WW3 puzzle just fell into place.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

No I dont sit here and refresh a news page. I actually justt got on the computer and pulled up the drudgereport and it was the first headline. Sorry.

But back on topic, I think you are correct about another piece of the puzzle for WW3 falling into place. What would a world war be without Russia. Now, if we can only lure China in it would be Bush's ideal war.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Existing thread can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy :-)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

No, we wouldn't be "freaking out" if Russia had decided to do this, we'd be building our own missile shield. It's a defensive measure and as a citizen of the United States, who's safety will be improved to some degree by said shield, I am all for it. If Russia wants to build their own, let them do so.

Well, you are correct about the US building their own if Russia were the first to do this but I bet there would be some panic in the government. If not real panic, it would be imagined so they could rally the public behind taking action. Kinda like Iran keeping their citizens out of the loop and only allowing them to hear what they deem appropriate.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yeah Americas safety is assured by this defence shield but they have just shat on Europe from a great height ......... thanks a bloody bunch.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Reasons Russia is so pissed off?

Rice cited possible nuclear threats from Iran as a reason for the program

What nuclear threats from Iran? - the States are preparing to blow that place back to the stone age prior to the elections based on the same intel. that was used on Iraq - WMD = Nuclear weapons!! (Talking about degenerate responses - we so dumb).

Secondly, Iran is as capable of producing long range ballistic missiles as Iraq are at reclaiming the green zone in the next year.

Finally, the US are seeking to offset Russia's deterrent against them, if Russia's retaliatory measures are compromised, they have every right to respond.

The US really have a good sense of humor when they talk democracy and freedom, don't they?

Breifne (it was nice knowing ya all)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This thing been posted like 4 times now.They signed the deal...lets hope they make the shield there.Kaboom.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sweet! I might get to visit Eastern Europe and Iran! WOOOOHOOO! not.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah

I wouldnt bank on it unless you like wearing an NBC Suit 24/7.

Is G W Bush a total F****ING MORON or WHAT! I cannot beleive you let this Cretin into the White House. I wouldnt let this man run a piss up in a brewery let alone a country with a nuclear arsenal.

[edit on 8/7/08 by Wotan]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't get why that idiot feels he has to stick his STUPID missile shield all over and just tick people off.You want to protect the us mainland thats one thing.But comeon all over nato countries?Remember when we moved the pershing II in Europe or the jupiter in turkey?Just makes for another arms race.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Originally posted by USMC-oorah

I wouldnt bank on it unless you like wearing an NBC Suit 24/7.

Is G W Bush a total F****ING MORON or WHAT! I cannot beleive you let this Cretin into the White House. I wouldnt let this man run a piss up in a brewery let alone a country with a nuclear arsenal.

[edit on 8/7/08 by Wotan]

I wasn't old enought to let him in the first time around.. The second time around I was to busy training for warfare, besides, if voting changed anything it would be illegal. Him and his rich buddies got him in office.

I'm just a warrior who does his job. Screw politics, screw the government, i'll protect my squad and forget about the rest. I'm still confident i'm going to get spring break Iran 2009! woohoo. not.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Just better hope to god he don't ever make a ground war out of that place.Iraq is one thing.Iran is a whole new ballgame.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Okay, I'll let you off then

Well thats one of the 304,688,670 that didnt vote for that idiot.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Just better hope to god he don't ever make a ground war out of that place.Iraq is one thing.Iran is a whole new ballgame.

Well, i'll pray for peace and prepare for war. I know the ball game of Iran, it's kind of my job to know these things. Unlike many people that have opinions on this matter. It's a issue that is going to effect me very directly. I have to pay attention to these matters as sad as they are.

I'm not a ignorant American idiot that signed up to kill people. I signed up for a very sacred matter that not alot of people understand. I still have a deep pride in the way Ameica used to be and how it started. The world used to respect us and admire us. I fight for this and my people back home. I still think that the old America is deep inside it's self awaiting to be shaken awake.

America used to want to give it's people the means to succeed, America used to be a safe harbor for oppressed people, America used to have friends all over the world. Isn't it sad that a group of greedy men and woman could ruin that? It breaks my heart.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Man, I like your post...

You made me realise that despite my abhoration of all things military, there's some good people out there.

I just hope that all is well and ends well.

Bush is a joke and a tasteless one at that.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

I'll be brutally honest here. I'm not a globalist nor do I really care to be one. I am, however, an American. When I place America's safety on one side of the scale and everyone else on the other side, I hear a resounding, echoing thud as the scale swiftly tips to the side of America's safety. Sorry, that's just how it is. If y'all get "shat on" at the expense of my safety, then blame your own damn government for signing the stupid treaty and honoring it by not building your own missile defense network.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Wotan

I'll be brutally honest here. I'm not a globalist nor do I really care to be one. I am, however, an American. When I place America's safety on one side of the scale and everyone else on the other side, I hear a resounding, echoing thud as the scale swiftly tips to the side of America's safety. Sorry, that's just how it is. If y'all get "shat on" at the expense of my safety, then blame your own damn government for signing the stupid treaty and honoring it by not building your own missile defense network.

I can see both sides of the fence. At one side the country that we are building it in fully supports the matter. At the other we are going out of our way to threaten Russia.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join