It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens military response to US missile defence deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just what exactly is this missile shield supposed to be defending europe from anyway?

The whitehouse says Iran, but i think that's highly unlikely.

I think its the Americans trying to put their nose into everything... Like they even give a damn about europe? No offence but they've ruined their own country, so why bother 'protecting' european countries?

This is nothing but a sick joke, and I don't blame russia for being offended at this, they're not stupid.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I do blame my Government as well as yours. Brown is a 'spineless bastard'.

I just dont fancy being in the middle of an 'exchange' of some sort because of the madman you have as President.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

I just dont fancy being in the middle of an 'exchange' of some sort because of the madman you have as President.

I hate the madman even more then you do. Don't worry more and more Americans wake up and smell the coffee everyday.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah

I hate the madman even more then you do. Don't worry more and more Americans wake up and smell the coffee everyday.

I just wish your lot would wake up quicker.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

So you actually buy into all of this "terror" BS so that the NWO can own you? Imagined safety or liberties? No brainer. I choose liberty.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well if it makes you feel any better, neither do we

The neocons & hard right desperately want to reignite the Cold War - they are heavily supported by the military industrial complex and their plans for global dominance are dependent on keeping it awash in taxpayer cash.

Thus anything that will get taxpayers to bend over a little further suits their purposes, even if it's the (reasonable) fear of nuclear annihilation.

Nothing will go awry of course.
Everyone will just get rich and happy.
These guys know what they're doing, they won't screw up.

Just look how smoothly things have gone in Iraq!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

theres a big difference when American safety is put into limbo for corporate greed.

What way I see it, is we kicked up a major stink over russia placing missiles in cuba.......

but now we're doing the save in eastern europe?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

I enjoy both safety and my many liberties, thank you. You forget, I'm the dude who believes that the idea terrorism against this country is a fabrication of our own government is the "BS." To me the concept of a one world government doesn't at all gel with the idea that we're supposedly being manipulated to hate and fear the arab world. When I actually sit down and examine the whole issue, I see that if there is an NWO, we're being pushed towards it by this liberal nonsense theory that no one country should have dominance over any other nation, and by the idea that non-Americans somehow deserve the same rights granted Americans under the constitution, and the Muslims are really good people who have been falsely villified by the government, and people like Osama bin Laden are innocent patsies of the CIA, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sorry, explain to me how in the hell me not giving a tinker's damn about the security, fate of, or state of any foreign nation over my own America is somehow fulfilling a globalist NWO agenda? It seems to me they'd be doing exactly the opposite as we all know you catch a hell of a lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Russia means by adding the word "technological" to the word military in their response statement that they arent going to attack with missiles just yet or anything like this.

What it means is, they intend to build systems and missiles that can supercede and override the defense shield, and have work underway.

Thats all.

No nuclear war tomorrow, dont worry.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I could not have agreed anymore

very well said. Star'd

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
i think bush should be brought up on war crimes for doing as sudahm was, for invading another country, and for sending men and women to thier deaths for his own idiotic ideas.he lied about wmd, and it seems he has forgotgten all about bin ladin, he is the worst president we ever had, he has reuined this country, just look at the price of fuel, he dont do anything to stop it because he is an oilman too. at least clinton had the country in the black and fuel was low, as soon as this fool bought his way in , the country went in the red , thank the good lord he only had 2 terms.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

I enjoy both safety and my many liberties, thank you. You forget, I'm the dude who believes that the idea terrorism against this country is a fabrication of our own government is the "BS." To me the concept of a one world government doesn't at all gel with the idea that we're supposedly being manipulated to hate and fear the arab world. When I actually sit down and examine the whole issue, I see that if there is an NWO, we're being pushed towards it by this liberal nonsense theory that no one country should have dominance over any other nation, and by the idea that non-Americans somehow deserve the same rights granted Americans under the constitution, and the Muslims are really good people who have been falsely villified by the government, and people like Osama bin Laden are innocent patsies of the CIA, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sorry, explain to me how in the hell me not giving a tinker's damn about the security, fate of, or state of any foreign nation over my own America is somehow fulfilling a globalist NWO agenda? It seems to me they'd be doing exactly the opposite as we all know you catch a hell of a lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Well do you support all of the security measures put in place by GWB like the patriot act? All these things are eating away at our liberties and eroding the constituion.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Yes, I do support them and no, they are not eroding away at the Constitution. Like I said, foreign nationals, of the enemy combatant variety or otherwise, do not and should not have any rights or protection under OUR Constitution. So there goes the ever popular adios habeas corpus argument. The fact that you right now can sit behind a computer monitor and post pretty much anything you wish about GWB (except for threatening him, which was never legal to begin with) proves freedom of speech is still alive and well. Freedom of association never meant that you wouldn't experience some monitoring or scrutiny over your associations... I believe this was proven decades ago when the Federal government collected a list of known Klansmen to keep under watch.... uh, scratch that, it occured over a century and a half ago when the US government compiled a list of Confederate supporters and not only kept them under scrutiny and openly removed many of their rights, they also siezed their land, belongings, and resources purely over their association with the Confederacy. The 2nd amendment is actually in far better shape today than it was when GWB entered the office in 2000, thanks to him allowing Clinton's unconstitutional garbage bills to expire.

Here's what has changed...

You cannot go from your car to the boarding gate in 10 minutes at an airport. OK, that was what we call a convienience not a right, not a liberty. Completely different animals, there.

Your international phone conversations can be intercepted on the fly if you are suspected of being involved in terrorist activities or in support of terrorism... Hmm, not much has changed as prior to the Patriot Act the feds could still wiretap your phones prior to obtaining a warrant. It was called a delayed warrant and it wasn't all that uncommon. They tapped your phone in the name of national security and then filed the appropriate paperwork with the justice dept. If the Justice Dept determined there was no cause for the tap, anything collected was inadmisable on court. Kinda sounds like what we've got going now, except this system uses common sense in that the justice dept. bases their decision on the admissabillity of any collected evidence by actually reviewing the evidence itself in conjunction with any prior cause leading to the tap.

Anything else you want to bring to the table involves international treaties and agreements which we may be stretching a bit with imprisoning enemy combatants, waging war in Iraq, etc.

I have the same damn rights I had on the day I was born and so do you. Do I think GWB has been a good president? Not really. His international politics aren't solid, he's mishandled the economy, his position on immigration sucks, and he's wasted far, far too much time, money, and resources on worrying about appeasing the environmental crowd via crap like alternative energy subsidies. Is he the Devil incarnate as some around here paint him as? Hell f'n no! He isn't even remotely close to the worst president in my 32 year lifetime, that honor goes solidly to Mr. Jimmy Carter. And if we want to talk about REALLY bad presidents who did encroach on America's rights and did crap on the Constitution, FDR is a great place to start and Andrew Johnson is the guy to end with.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Well, I dont really feel like typing up all of the violations of the Constitution by the Patriot Act so if you follow this link I think it will give you a pretty clear idea of them. And BTW im not some left wing liberal nut like you seem to think.

www.aclu.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

you are what is known in england as a muppet, your countrys need to defend themself is the cause of all of the problems in the world, this action will cause a war you twit, have you forgotten the cuban missile crisis when the shoe was on the other foot. it is aggression and stupidity and attitudes like yours are what gwb love , a sucked in moron, its all of our world not just the united stupids of america (apologies to those who can see the truth), you'll destroy it for everyone!!!!! fool

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
hmmm heres one for the theorists:

www.dw-world.de...

The US Army wants to redeploy many of the 62,000 troops it has stationed throughout Europe, and plans to reduce that number to around 24, 000 over the next three years.

USA pulling out of europe on the quiet.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Ok what's the betting this was a done deal between the US and Russia. The US gets its shield and Russia................. Russia gets the south east of the Ukraine? I'm just proposing, but I'm sure Russia will get the Russian half of Ukraine along with Crimea too, incorporate them into ane USSR type entity with Belarus, Kazacstan, etc. Putin and Bush may have set the cards up a year ago, now Medvedev's in and the ball is rolling. A carve up of the world and let's face it guys, the world was a lot safer when we had our spheres of influence and MAD. The ME was never gonna hurt us 9/11 style. Their was an understanding that I really believe Moscow and Washington want to go back to.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
TechnoMilitary retaliation.

EMP = Electromagnetic Bomb to knock out the Radar?

A Nuclear Weapon is capable of doing this, but that would be ridiculous...

They might be talking about some sort of Radar Jammer.

Anyway they seem to be serious about this problem, remember the Cuban Missile crisis... It might seem to them this way, as we remember it when the Missiles were aimed at us.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well if America doesn't mind a good old missle shield then maybe russia should be allowed to build one on the mexican border, to make them safer. I wonder if the USA would like that, or would they take military action? It's a load of rubbish, i'm not a fan of Russia but i understand fully why they're not liking this idea much, i'm on Russias side with this response.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Ok what's the betting this was a done deal between the US and Russia. The US gets its shield and Russia................. Russia gets the south east of the Ukraine? I'm just proposing, but I'm sure Russia will get the Russian half of Ukraine along with Crimea too, incorporate them into ane USSR type entity with Belarus, Kazacstan, etc. Putin and Bush may have set the cards up a year ago, now Medvedev's in and the ball is rolling. A carve up of the world and let's face it guys, the world was a lot safer when we had our spheres of influence and MAD. The ME was never gonna hurt us 9/11 style. Their was an understanding that I really believe Moscow and Washington want to go back to.

You actually have a good point there. Ironically, the world was a ''safer'' place during the Cold War. Apart from Israel stirring up the pot every now and again, the Middle East was relatively quiet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join