It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that all the Mexican immigrants (and of course other Latinos as well) who came here LEGALLY aren't running back over the border.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

What about Croatians and Serbians? They stay too right? I met some and they're really cool too.

[edit on 7/8/2008 by jamiros]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I am offended by some posts from you guys. Seriously why do you think all Mexicans are criminals? They are not all gang bangers and poor. You claim to deny ignorance. But from what I am seeing on this thread is PURE ignorance. I pity the lack of heart some of you have. People have needs, they need to survive. If my survival and that of my family meant jumping a fence to a foreign I'm sure as hell I'd do it. I'm pretty sure you would do. You treat them like if they were nothing more than pests. If they are willing to take the lowest paying jobs who a lot of fat ass people don't want to do (due to their fat asses) then let them take the jobs! If they take those jobs then you are free to do other things like business and more complex work that surely pays a lot more than the pitiful job your bitching about you lost. Get an education, a degree or whatever... and get a JOB.
If I'm correct all of us who are of European descent are the REAL illegal aliens. Not them. You'll see how the economy gets worse without them. They actually helped it become somewhat stable at one point. The real problem is your elite ruling masters who fill your mind with false ideals that only cause confusion amongst us.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

Illegals who come from across the oceans are more likely to stay put. When they made the choice to come here, it was absolute. They knew they were never coming back home for the most part. They weren't sending money back home, planning to return one day.

That's not really an ethnic thing though, so much as it is a "proximity" thing, and a matter of politics. Mexicans did not come here seeking political asylum, or to escape a brutal dictatorship. They came for the money.

In the end though, wherever a person is from, a LEGAL immigrant is more likely to stay, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by All-Natural

Seriously why do you think all Mexicans are criminals?

What part of ILLEGAL does not match up with "criminal" in your book? As far as I'm concerned, the only non-criminal Mexican is one who came into this country through the proper channels. The rest are an insult to the Mexicans who did do the right thing, and an insult to America.

They are not all gang bangers and poor.

I have yet to meet a Mexican who was rich when they hopped the fence, but I agree that many Mexicans, illegals included, are not the murderous arch-criminal gang-bangers.

If my survival and that of my family meant jumping a fence to a foreign I'm sure as hell I'd do it.

And why should they not hold their own government accountable for their poverty? After all, Mexico is not a poor country by any means, they have a severe problem with the distribution of wealth. Why does the US have to babysit?

How long would you continue to feed all the kids in the neighborhood, once their parents decided to stop feeding them, knowing that you were a sucker and would fall for it when they complained that they were hungry? How long would it be before you couldn't afford to do it anymore? How long would it be before you decided that the authorities would have to do something about it?

If they are willing to take the lowest paying jobs who a lot of fat ass people don't want to do (due to their fat asses) then let them take the jobs!

And what about the jobs that, not only was I more than WILLING to work, but WAS working until I lost them to illegals? And you can quit with the ignorant "fat ass" comments too. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

If they take those jobs then you are free to do other things like business and more complex work that surely pays a lot more than the pitiful job your bitching about you lost.

Great, I'll take one of those jobs. When can I start? I assume you're hiring after saying something like that, or you would just look like a real ass.

Get an education, a degree or whatever... and get a JOB.

Why should Americans need to get a degree? This is OUR damn country. There are plenty of Americans who aren't geared toward education. Are you telling me that they have to take a backseat to the illegals now? That they can't have a job, because illegal need them? That the American blue-collar worker has been driven into extinction by illegal immigration? And now that they've destroyed the working class, THEY'RE GOING BACK HOME?!!! Thanks but no thanks gringos. Is that it?!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yee-Haw...

Undelay Undelay!!!

Yee-Haw...

if i had some musical talent, i would write a satirical song, sung to typical Mexican Mariachi Music...

But Serioiusly, this is good news.

But, it is going to take ALOT to get this illigal Imigration Problem under control.

First, we need our Law Enforcement officers to enforce the EXISTING LAWS.
Second, we need our currput political leadership, who sponser 'Sanctuary Cities', to be arrested, or voted out of office
third, the Federal Goverment needs to honor its duty, and protect the integrety of our country, WHICH, includes protecting our Boarders.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It does not matter where they are from when there is no more room it's time too close the door everyone is worried about another attack but they leave the door wide open! all the illegals stand at the front of the line while the americans stand at the back! every one say's it's the mexicans it's not them it's everyone Russians- japanese you name it! no wonder everything is going too #!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by metro
The real question you all should be asking yourself is who is going to wash your dishes, build your houses and cook your food?

When the Mexicans are leaving America for Mexico, you know America is in bad shape.

Uh, Asians can do that. They're more industrious and law-abiding. Plus they don't poison their host's culture.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I have to chime in here on a point that has not been made and is almost always overlooked in these types of conversations.

Native Indians are always calling the Anglos the original illegal immigrants and invaders. I seem to remember in history course that when Chris Columbus hit these shores, his crew was openly welcomed, fed, given land and taught to survive. In return, both cultures engaged in open trade (of all sorts). Doesnt sound like an invasion to me.
Flash forward as the New England area (a VERY small portion of the landscape) was being populated and more people came. As the boats came into harbor, people actually were SIGNED THE HELL IN. Many were put directly into military service to EARN their right to be here.

I traced my bloodline back to Ireland through...wait for it...those same documents that checked my ancestors into this freakin country.

As to Native Indians, didnt a large portion of those actually come in from Siberia and Asia across the Bering Sea Land Bridge? Eskimos and Indians alike could also be considered illegal immigrants, since there was obviously someone already here when they move from the frozen tundra to the warmer planes of middle North America. So, every Indian that cannot trace lineage back to the first tribe to wander onto this continent just needs to drop that entire line of commentary.
Before it is broached, I know that once the colonies got crowded, they started pushing out and taking over land that Indians were already settled on. I gracefully concede that the nation was formed through the bloody expansion of the overcrowding of Anglo society. I concede to the fact that Native Indians were persecuted, killed and reviled in those barbaric days. Of course, they did no better or worse to their own as well (both cultures).

On topic, I have no hatred for any person who comes here, makes citizenship and a life for themselves, just like my ancestors did. But blatant, in your face defiling of the soveriegn rules of an (any) established country or culture deserves and receives no sympathy whatsoever from me. Perhaps those true citizens that knock at my door asking to mow my grass in plain English because they are trying to earn a wage will have more of a customer base. Perhaps the people who I know and have talked to about losing their jobs in the construction industry will find dignity and work again once they are able to ply their trade. Perhaps US born citizens will find that they are once again on an even playing field when it comes to health care once that portion of the drain is lifted. Perhaps there will be less of a demand for this tracking device crap that keeps growing ever closer in the form of RealID if there is less of a threat.

In the story the OP linked, the original interview was with an illegal Mexican that has been here 10 years. Is that not enough time to be well on path to citizenship? I know it is hard, but it is not impossible. People have been doing it for decades from countries all over the world.

This is a sore subject with me (obviously) because it is always one sided and ALWAYS presented with tunnel sized holes in the story from every direction. EVERYONE on this continent is an immigrant from another country....PERIOD.

GET LEGAL OR GET OUT!!!!

[edit on 8-7-2008 by wheresthetruth]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It's not just Mexicans taking our jobs, there are also Asian and South America immigrants. but personally I think that all illegal immigrants should go back to there countries,even do am Mexican and now a U.S citizen.I also know that everyone here is a illegal immigrant because the first people that live here were the native Indians...so pretty much this country has been made from immigrants.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Wow, Jack in the Box you just made that person look kinda foolish. Keep up with the good word people, cause it is mostly non-americans in here bashing us for loving our country, and hating to give it away. They have no idea what is happening and how, they just like to call us names. As you can see, once you put out some facts they quit talking.

God Bless America.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hello, my sheeple friends. Seems you all play into the mans game of the criminalization of the poor.

I guess were all so much better than Mexicans because we both tricked and slaughtered the Indians to get this land.

Yes, it's better for our immediate needs to have people follow the laws on immigration, but what would you do if you were born there and wanted to make a better life and could not come here. I'm sure you'd just sit around and be poor.

Mexicans are people just like the rest of us, yes, we need to uphold our immigration laws to keep a bit of control, but no we will never keep them for coming - unless there are no crappy jobs here.

I don't want to wash dishes even when I was a kid I knew I could do better and I did. I don't want to clean hotel rooms, I don't want to work as a farm laborer etc. Kind of funny how the first generation does the crappy jobs, so they can send their kids to school and get the better jobs. I guess our ancestors never did that - my dad was the first generation in his family to graduate from college.

With you bigots it's always the blame game, it was the lazy blacks, or women belong at home, or drug users belong in jail, Muslims are terrorist, liberals are pussys, the jews run the media blah, blah blah. Quit blaming everyone else for all the worlds problems, become part of the human race and recognize the real bad people who are dividing and conquering us and laughing at our false hatred of each other.

Someday I hope everyone can grow up and get beyond this stupid bigot crap. Yeah I know if we keep em on the other side of the border, we don't have to deal with them as humans and we don't have to think about how much better we have it then them. After all they don't deserve as good as medical care because they live on the other side of a fence and their government is more corrupt than ours.

Yeah, I do believe in laws and I do believe we need to put up fences to get a handle on the situation - but the bigotry in this thread makes me sick.

MY RANT:

I'm an American and a human being and Earth is my country and I will go where ever the hell god allows me to travel where there is air to breathe and food to eat, State to state, country to country, to the top of Mountains and the bottom of the sea, and maybe even someday out in space. I don't care what the laws say - If I can go there I will and I'll take the chance of dying or being thrown in prison by jealous aholes who want to stop me from having a better time in this life in this world than they ever will.

Screw you bigots, screw you border guards, screw you taxman, and screw all of you who would try to stop me form experiencing what ever I want because god has made me to take it as far as I can and I will. Catch me if you can, kill me if it makes you feel better. I am what I am.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The poem engarved on the Statue of Liberty. You know I actually remember at 6 years old landing in New York. I remember my dad taking us to see the sites, to introduce us to our new country. I didn't read this poem until I was in Middle School, when I did I was never prouder to live in the best country in world.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles.
From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

“The New Colossus” by Emma Lazarus

What happened? This just makes me want to cry.

I can't say I'll miss them

Seems like the illegals where I am though, keep popping out kids and collecting more and more welfare while the 'husband' works under the table, and un-taxed

Illegal immigrants are like a plague of locusts

Illegals are the dregs of our society and should all be run out of town on a rail[/quote[

Laziness is deeply ingrained in their culture

they come here for free govt services

Half are here to prey and the other half are good people that just want to work that have no idea how their selfishness and concern only for themselves is affecting the citizens of this country that they have invaded.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise
reply to post by LostNemesis

I too live and work in Gresham and it's incredible how many of them moved here and how quickly they did it. I'll go out sometimes and it almost seems like I'm back in California. I really don't mind people immigrating - I've lived in three different countries myself - but they need to ASSIMILATE when they do it. Number one, enter the country legally (Mexico sure does all it can to keep its own southern border sealed). Number two, learn and speak English. Finally, make some effort to adapt to our culture. Do those three things and I have no problem with you. Otherwise, you're violating our space and need to be shipped home immediately.

Part of this problem is that the Mexicans are taught in public schools, and by textbooks, that the Southwest was stolen from Mexico. It is falsely claimed by these wise fools that we are strong and wealthy because we TOOK it from other countries. In fact, if we gave them San Diego, it would be a slum within a year I think. And just as lawless as the rest of Mexico. The problem is their cultural view of how to live, morality, and integrity. They like their warped view, and refuse to assimilate, they just want some money from us, to send home. Their kids come to know English, but are not given any example or guidance about what we call 'proper' living; school, integrity, Christianity, and basic living. Is it any wonder so many wind up in gangs? And yet, we are hardly an example anymore, if we indeed ever were.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

www.dallasnews.com

According to informal surveys by the Mexican consulate in Dallas, most of those wanting to return to Mexico cite the sudden scarcity of jobs, fear of deportation and uncertainty about obtaining legal resident status any time soon.

In the last few years, and particularly the last few months, Mr. Sánchez struggled to find work. His earnings dwindled as his children grew up and their needs multiplied.

"People like me, if you don't work one day, you worry about how to feed your family the next day," he said. "We as immigrant workers never have stability, even if the economy is doing well. Imagine how things are now."

(visit the link for the full news article)

I'm always one for welcoming new LEGAL immigrants to the country as this is how it was founded....HOWEVER, illegal immigrants take legal residents jobs so it's nice to see that criminals are leaving the U.S.

The illegal immigrants and their employers are destroying the construction industry in the U.S.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

You are indian? Like the term Native American? First of all chief, study your own past, the indians were not all friendly with each other as you would like to believe, in fact most tribes were at war with their niehbors or the closest tribe to them.

Take for instance the Illiniwek tribe in IL, they were wiped out by a tribe from florida and ohio that decided they needed to expand their territory. The white man tried to help the Illiniwek by providing them with rifles, but it was too late. Of the 40,000 only a handful survive today in oklahoma, thanks to other indians, not white man.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Again, a lesson in history, North America has never been home to any indigenous people, everyone came here at the end of the last ice age. Indians migrated from mongolia and siberia across a land/ice connection in what is now called alaska.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Wow, I'm seeing allot of nationalistic bigotry and racism on this thread.

Refer to my previous post about ignorant people claiming this as a racist issue and then refer to my sig. Thank you and have a good day.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I don't care what drives it, religion, or nationality.

Any yank that has a problem with Mexicans seeking work in the US, I will simply not welcome to Canada when the US economy fails.

Oh puhleeze. I will just steal across the border into Canada, take your job and destroy your community with overcrowding issues, start up my own gang, threaten you and your family, and bring down your property values. Then if you don't like it and complain I will intimidate you by calling you a bigot and a racist. See you soon. We'll see how strong your principles are then.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by All-Natural
People have needs, they need to survive. If my survival and that of my family meant jumping a fence to a foreign I'm sure as hell I'd do it.

Well that's your right but refusing to face consequences of your illegal actions is childish, now isn't it? Further, if you are desperate enough to try and rob somebody, you can certainly expect an act of self defense. Are you going to complain about that glaring "inequity" too? Mind you, I'm not talking about Mexicans being robbers, it's just that it's ridiculous on your part to justify people breaking our laws.

If they are willing to take the lowest paying jobs who a lot of fat ass people don't want to do (due to their fat asses) then let them take the jobs!

You totally got this backwards. If there wasn't an influx of cheap illegal labor, the wages for menial jobs would have creeped up, and "fat" people would naturally taken all these jobs. This hasn't happen because of the illegal immigration.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join