It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by metro
The real question you all should be asking yourself is who is going to wash your dishes, build your houses and cook your food?

American high school students, college students, drop outs, the working class. What, do you think nobody did those jobs before we let Mexicans start pouring in en masse a couple decades ago? I think we'd be a lot better off if more of our high school kids were putting in a few hours of hard work after class, anyway. It would teach some of those punks a little bit about discipline and personal financial accountability.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ok when those people living off from welfare decide to get jobs then you can start complaining about jobs being lost to the "illegal imigrants" and i like this country the way it is and i'm certainly against anyone comming here to turn it into how their country is, i'm always telling people that this country is a melting pot and you must learn to live the american way and not to live like a deuschbag.

so you guys say you love this country then let me ask you this how many of you have served in the military? anyone? cuz i have and i will only respect those that have served this country as well.

I think its great that spanish is being imposed on the country so that everyone will have to learn a second laguage, its only fair the rest of the world has to learn english

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Regardless of what it is said said they do pay some form of taxes and most never file for a return. They also use some of our services that cost us money.

How many tax returns would it take to cover the cost of delivering a child? Heck, I got knocked out one time and the bill for that would have ate up my tax returns for at least the next five years.

They are not the only ones committing crimes, not the only ones abusing our health care ...

If they weren't less AMERICANS would be forced to.

Our jobs are being shipped overseas due to cheaper labor.

This is true. So what makes people think that we have enough jobs for a tide of illegals then?

The jobs they do are jobs people refuse to do.

If your willing to do it then step up to the plate, go to the fields, and make you some money.

They won't hire you if you're an American. They won't take the risk that you might snitch, or that you will demand your rights. It's cheaper to pay an illegal $15 an hour off the books, than it is to pay an American $10 an hour on the books.

Trust me, I know, I've lost jobs to illegals.

Our health care is whacked due to fraud, mismanagement, greed, and people who can't pay.

Illegal immigration IS MISMANAGEMENT! So you are advocating exacerbating the problem?

However, not all immigrants are criminals.

All the ILLEGAL ones are.

There is not a person here who hasn't benefited from illegal aliens.

Yo, over here!

They are the reason your hotel bill, food bill, and several other bills are cheaper than if they weren't here.

No, they are the reason that Americans don't have theses jobs, at a fair rate, to be able to afford sharply rising prices.

Wasn't until 9/11 that all of this started and we had to secure our southern border while the other 3 or more methods of getting in have largely been ignored.

Not true, I lost all of my labor jobs to Mexicans back in the 90's.

I pray that one day we don't have to do likewise if this economy ever failed.

Do you really think Mexico would let us in, or even Canada for that matter. That they would tolerate such abuse?

All good things come to an end eventually.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

haha Yeah my first job was working for a contractor when I was 16. It is very hard work but it definitley showed me how to work hard, responsibility and not expect everything to just be given to me. But yeah it would really be good if more of us teenagers actually had to work.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Thats part of the problems. The majority of the ones you mentioned don't want these jobs. they want high paying jobs that are laid back and clean or are still accustomed to mom and dad footing the bill. Ask those employers who hire them to tell you why they hire them. The turnover rate is horrendous in many of these job fields.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Wow, I'm seeing allot of nationalistic bigotry and racism on this thread.

What ever happened to the people seeking work in the states being "Fellow Humans"?

You're treating them as sub-human scum, as if the fact that they were born somewhere else means they are worth less than you.

You know what... I've got a keen mind to keep track of those who despise the Mexicans for wanting into the states.
I say, when the US economic crash occurs, we take you out to a dark forest if you even try to step foot into Canada.

You lowlifes aren't welcome here. Stay in the states and die.

I'll take a Mexican trying to work illegally over a self important yank any day.

I'm assuming you're from Canada. First of, I'll say that it's a lovely country. I've lived there myself and have had the pleasure of traveling across most of the provinces. Canada is definitely cleaner and safer than the US and it's filled with a lot of really great people. I don't care for your government much, or your high taxes, but nobody's perfect.

With that said, I believe you'd have a different opinion on illegal immigration if you had to live with its effects. I know that Canada is much more diverse than a lot of people think it is, with plenty of well educated, hard-working Asian immigrants. Most of them seem to learn the local language and adapt enough to the culture to fit in, too.

It's different down here in the states.

The recent boom in immigration to all regions of the US from Latin America - mostly Mexico - has brought millions of people who are really a threat to the livability of our cities. Not all of them are bad, of course, but a large percentage of them brought some rather undesirable traits with them. Like others have mentioned earlier in this thread, many of them are violent criminals and members of appalling street gangs. Many are really filthy and will leave heaps of trash in our streets. They commit crimes at a higher rate than American citizens and fill up our prisons and jails - just look at the California prison system for shocking examples of the bad immigrants. For whatever reason, the males among them are often predatory toward women and even if it's not a crime, it's not very comforting to be hooted at and followed around all day by strange men who don't even speak English.

They tend to reproduce at higher rates than average Americans and since most illegal immigrants would obviously be in the lower class, everyone else is paying for them to raise their large and growing families. Most are willing to work under the table and for well below the minimum wage - which drives down wages for American workers and has the added sting of paying illegals without requiring them to pay taxes.

And while they aren't paying taxes, they're still taking advantage of services paid for by our state and federal taxes - medical bills, public education, police and fire departments, etc.

So if and when Canada becomes flooded with these good and charming people like my American city has, I'd love to hear if you still have the same opinion.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
ok when those people living off from welfare decide to get jobs then you can start complaining about jobs being lost to the "illegal imigrants"

Having wages depressed sue to a deluge of cheap labor doesn't help a bit in getting americans off welfare. How's that for a concept?

so you guys say you love this country then let me ask you this how many of you have served in the military? anyone? cuz i have and i will only respect those that have served this country as well.

By calling posters here a bunch of donkeys you have already established your vast intellectual superiority here, my friend. Now you are trying to cement it with claims of superhuman patriotism so amply demonstrated by your service in armed forces. Of course you automatically exclude the majority of population from the list of people you can possibly respect (although this is already obvious), since we have a relatively small all-volunteer force where people get paid and receive college benefits for their effort. Oh, and by the well you spell, I doubt you took advantage of that college thingy.

I think its great that spanish is being imposed on the country

What a great soldier you are if you are happy for foreigners imposing themselves on our great country! Sheesh...

[edit on 8-7-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

You only mention tax return, how about sales tax, sin tax (lots of tequilla), road tax and every other hidden tax the government imposes on all people regardless of citizenship.

The jobs going overseas are the high paying jobs unless you consider McDonalds and restaurants high paying.

If it is BS go to the field and pick tomatoes for a day and then tell me it's BS.

That's right I agree you will demand more money, take more breaks, and produce less and my tomatoes will cost me $5 dollars a pound. I'm sorry to hear you lost a job to an illegal. As a fellow American I will tell you that you should have filed a lawsuit against them and I would have backed you up 100%. The jobs I talk about is in the fields and restaurants that this younger generation refuse to do unless they get paid a lot and have to do little.

Yes they committed a crime coming over, but I am sure we all have broken a crime. Have you ever run a red light or anything similar?

You benefit. Refusing to acknowledge is a different story.

Prices rise according to supply and demand. If you demand and they can't supply the price goes up. If the price is too high demand goes down because people quit buying. Why do you think the automakers are going elsewhere. The cost of labor is too high to complete on a global market.

Yes you did and the government approved by allowing it. It was beneficial to the economy. So if you want to blame somebody blame the government for turning a blind eye to a problem they knew existed.

All I can say is that they may not let us in but just like mexicans, we can swim and jump fences too.

Appreciate your thoughts. I am not in favor of any of this> i just feel that the blame should go in Washington, not the illegals. The only thing this does is make illegals a scapegoat for everything wrong in America, but in reality it is the policies or lack of policies in Washington. Many American born Mexicans like myself are the ones catching hell by being profiled or discriminated because we may or may not be illegals.

They don't even profile Muslims as much as they do us, nor should they. We should all be treated equally.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

ok when those people living off from welfare decide to get jobs then you can start complaining about jobs being lost to the "illegal imigrants"

Having wages depressed sue to a deluge of cheap labor doesn't help a bit in getting americans off welfare. How's that for a concept?

By calling posters here a bunch of donkeys you have already established your vast intellectual superiority here, my friend. Now you are trying to cement it with claims of superhuman patriotism so amply demonstrated by your service in armed forces. Of course you automatically exclude the majority of population from the list of people you can possibly respect (although this is already obvious), since we have a relatively small all-volunteer force where people get paid and receive college benefits for their effort. Oh, and by the well you spell, I doubt you took advantage of that college thingy.

What a great soldier you are if you are happy for foreigners imposing themselves on our great country! Sheesh...

look whos talking about spelling ok, if i misstype its because i'm typing faster than i normally do and i just dont feel like going trough all the lines of text to make sure i didnt misspell something whats your excuse?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

look whos talking about spelling ok, if i misstype its because i'm typing faster than i normally do and i just dont feel like going trough all the lines of text to make sure i didnt misspell something whats your excuse?

uh so you'd rather stay ignorant and not know how to comunicate with the second largest laguage?

[edit on 7/8/2008 by razor1000]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Perhaps one of the reasons why the ratio of criminals to law abiding Mexicans is appalling in the states is because the only way they see it possible to get into the states is by breaking the law... hence, only the criminals are daring enough to get in.

If the US made it easier for the law abiding citizens to enter , I'm quite sure you'd see the ratio of Law Abider to Criminal become very similar to your own.

We have a huge influx of Mexicans into Canada as well lately.
The difference here is, it's not hard to get in, hence, the law abiding Mexicans have no quarrel with entering our country.
Whatever criminal element thats left that we find, we deal with in the same manor we deal with any other criminal element we find.

Seriously, quit denying the law abiding Mexicans entry, and you'll soon see the Mexicans aren't bad people.

But flat out denying them entry just means the only people getting into your country are the ones who don't respect the law.
Hence, why you're facing this problem.

Still, my argument about racism stands. Anyone who faces the Mexicans with racism, I would never welcome into Canada. We simply don't tolerate that kind of racial ignorance. And I'd have no option but to treat people like that the same way they treated those who wanted to enter their country. Like scum.

If the world economical trends play out the way their indicating (and its one heck of a strong indicator), the US is going to be in some seriously hard times ahead.
We'll see how you all feel about immigration when you're trying to escape your own country.

Give them a break, and we give you a break.
Karma. It really does work.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This happened right downt he street from where my girlfriend lives...

LINK

Here are some other articles...

LINK

LINK

LINK

This one was linked to another murder that was witnessed by an aquaintance of mine. He saw the man kill the woman in a parking lot between the Pickwick Pub and the Rite-Aid. The murderer was an illegal. I can't seem to find the article at the moment, but this is the one that they have as yet been able to make the case for, despite certain ties that I'm not going to get detailed about...

LINK

[edit on 7/8/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise

Originally posted by metro
The real question you all should be asking yourself is who is going to wash your dishes, build your houses and cook your food?

American high school students, college students, drop outs, the working class. What, do you think nobody did those jobs before we let Mexicans start pouring in en masse a couple decades ago? I think we'd be a lot better off if more of our high school kids were putting in a few hours of hard work after class, anyway. It would teach some of those punks a little bit about discipline and personal financial accountability.

First off, why do people assume Mexicans are the only people to have worked the fields? And then only a couple of decades ago? I think you are forgetting about the Asian labor that this country benefited from since the 1800's. The Latino population has been here working the fields prior to the 1940's. Why forget all these people that passed? Somehow the racists in this forum have no problem coming out as soon as they see the word Mexican.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
This happened right downt he street from where my girlfriend lives...

LINK

Here are some other articles...

LINK

LINK

LINK

This one was linked to another murder that was witnessed by an aquaintance of mine. He saw the man kill the woman in a parking lot between the Pickwick Pub and the Rite-Aid. The murderer was an illegal. I can't seem to find the article at the moment, but this is the one that they have as yet been able to make the case for, despite certain ties that I'm not going to get detailed about...

LINK

[edit on 7/8/0808 by jackinthebox]

That means nothing to me. How many times have I see White people assault others? Lets say African American as well. I am not saying that all the immigrants are innocent. Just as any other person there are a few that have a different way of thinking. Take for example, the skin heads. Because they are here and feel that they are superior to the rest does that make all whites the same? Is every german a nazi? No, these are just stereo types. It's no wonder that we are in such trouble right now. People seem to have lost compassion for the rest of the world because they are foreign or immigrants, or as some of you say "illegals."

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by jackinthebox

If it is BS go to the field and pick tomatoes for a day and then tell me it's BS.

I'll tell you what's BS - the idea that there even exist jobs that Americans "won't do". Over 70 per cent of argricultural jobs in the US are filled by American citizens.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickrollz
That means nothing to me. How many times have I see White people assault others? Lets say African American as well. I am not saying that all the immigrants are innocent. Just as any other person there are a few that have a different way of thinking. Take for example, the skin heads. Because they are here and feel that they are superior to the rest does that make all whites the same? Is every german a nazi? No, these are just stereo types. It's no wonder that we are in such trouble right now. People seem to have lost compassion for the rest of the world because they are foreign or immigrants, or as some of you say "illegals."

I agree whites do assault other whites, and blacks do assault other blacks..no doubt...but while they are doing it they are working LEGALLY, they are PAYING TAXES, they are PAYING HEALTHCARE, they are PAYING AUTO INSURANCE, they are DRIVING WITH A LICENSE and are PAYING INTO OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM...they aren't putting a burden onto the same sytem they pay into. ILLEGALS..because that is what this thread is about DO NOT contribute to any of the above...hence I and others have to now work a bit harder and a bit longer to support those who aren't helping.

Mexico is a ---- hole, no doubt...the government makes our government look like saints...and they opress their people...so sure I can see why they come here...but when they come here and DO NOT contribute, DO NOT do it legally and then march on our streets demanding things rather then marching on their own to make life better AT HOME...you can't really think people are going to support them or care when they have to run back to mexico...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

First off, why do people assume Mexicans are the only people to have worked the fields? And then only a couple of decades ago? I think you are forgetting about the Asian labor that this country benefited from since the 1800's. The Latino population has been here working the fields prior to the 1940's. Why forget all these people that passed? Somehow the racists in this forum have no problem coming out as soon as they see the word Mexican.

Obviously. Immigration has been a key part of the workings of this country since its founding. However, everyone is talking about what's gone on in the past twenty years or so because the huge boom of illegal immigrants entering the country (statistically, over 50 percent of them are coming from Mexico and about 10 percent more from elsewhere in Latin America) began in that time frame. Since the 1970s - when less than one percent (1.1 million people) of the US population was composed of illegals, their number in the US has skyrocketed to as much as 20 million people!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

I agree whites do assault other whites, and blacks do assault other blacks..no doubt...but while they are doing it they are working LEGALLY, they are PAYING TAXES, they are PAYING HEALTHCARE, they are PAYING AUTO INSURANCE, they are DRIVING WITH A LICENSE and are PAYING INTO OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM...they aren't putting a burden onto the same sytem they pay into. ILLEGALS..because that is what this thread is about DO NOT contribute to any of the above...hence I and others have to now work a bit harder and a bit longer to support those who aren't helping.

Mexico is a ---- hole, no doubt...the government makes our government look like saints...and they opress their people...so sure I can see why they come here...but when they come here and DO NOT contribute, DO NOT do it legally and then march on our streets demanding things rather then marching on their own to make life better AT HOME...you can't really think people are going to support them or care when they have to run back to mexico...

Again, you assume that they are all the same, and your argument that they assault only on the same race, is wrong. I have friends who are in the situation, and somehow they do pay taxes, which supports the lazy whites and lazy african americans. Before this era or "Mexican Bashing" did everyone not bash the african american community for being lazy, drug users and extremely violent? It is like an endless cycle in which each race gets a turn. Back to the point, you cannot say that all immigrants do not pay their taxes because some do, and did they receive a tax return this year? Nope. I believe it helped pay for your tax return. It seems that if a citizen was not paying taxes and not contributing to society there would be no problem only because he is a citizen. And I see that happen as well. They just throw out their patriotism garbage but do less than the immigrants. What shocks me is the amount of homeless latinos compared to the amount of homeless whites. Clearly that shows a distinction between both races. When some of the immigrants come here, they have nothing in their pockets, nothing to start off with yet they are able to overcome their obstacles unlike the white homeless. I worked at a homeless shelter and spoke with many of the white homeless. They are just happy relying on the free services. Don't know if its of importance, but not of the people working there were white.

In regards to people fighting back for their country, well it's a little hard consider the military is taught to kill on order. They go into small rural states which are predominantly agricultural and destroy their farm land and kill the people. When the time comes here when it becomes that serious with our military, lets see how easy it is to fight back.

Also, just a side note, no one seems to consider that vegetables grown here that are exported to Mexico are destroying family businesses. Its not just the other way around. When the time comes here when it becomes that serious with our military, lets see how easy it is to fight back.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise

Obviously. Immigration has been a key part of the workings of this country since its founding. However, everyone is talking about what's gone on in the past twenty years or so because the huge boom of illegal immigrants entering the country (statistically, over 50 percent of them are coming from Mexico and about 10 percent more from elsewhere in Latin America) began in that time frame. Since the 1970s - when less than one percent (1.1 million people) of the US population was composed of illegals, their number in the US has skyrocketed to as much as 20 million people!

Last I heard it was 12 Million. And since when do we take the Mainstream Media seriously? This whole anti immigration campaign was pushed on us by them.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You only mention tax return, how about sales tax, sin tax (lots of tequilla), road tax and every other hidden tax the government imposes on all people regardless of citizenship.

Yes, ALL people. What does tha have to do with this issue? Or are you trying to say it isn't fair that illegals should have to pay a bridge toll even though the rest of us do?

The jobs going overseas are the high paying jobs unless you consider McDonalds and restaurants high paying.

And when the business manager has his job shipped overseas, what is the only job left to support their family with. Mickey D's. But oops, they can't have that either, because they no habla.

I used to pick apples. And your statment is still BS.

That's right I agree you will demand more money, take more breaks, and produce less and my tomatoes will cost me $5 dollars a pound.

Oh, I get it now. Mexicans ARE better than Americans in your book. Americans don't work hard and don't deserve to be paid a living wage, is that it? Sp you'd rather pay for unemployment and welfare then, for displaced American workers, so that you can save a few pennies on your produce?

As a fellow American I will tell you that you should have filed a lawsuit against them and I would have backed you up 100%.

Too bad, but it doesn't work like that. File a lawsuit, and the landscaper changes the name of his company. No one left to sue. Besides, you have to prove it.

The jobs I talk about is in the fields and restaurants that this younger generation refuse to do unless they get paid a lot and have to do little.

I know plenty of high school kids who work their asses of trying to keep their minimum wage jobs.

Yes they committed a crime coming over, but I am sure we all have broken a crime. Have you ever run a red light or anything similar?

Yup, and paid the fine.

So if you want to blame somebody blame the government for turning a blind eye to a problem they knew existed.

I do.

All I can say is that they may not let us in but just like mexicans, we can swim and jump fences too.

And what good would that do?

I am not in favor of any of this> i just feel that the blame should go in Washington, not the illegals.

I almost entirely agree with you there. If the illegals are so "necessary," then stop the exploitation and make them legal.

Many American born Mexicans like myself are the ones catching hell by being profiled or discriminated because we may or may not be illegals.

Your own people have caused that. That IS the fault of the illegals, more than Washinton. I see a lot of animosity towards Mexicans, that did not exist before, because of the "invasion" and the "screw the gringo" mentality. It takes some cojones for an illegal to tell us how we should be running out country.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join