It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

www.dallasnews.com

According to informal surveys by the Mexican consulate in Dallas, most of those wanting to return to Mexico cite the sudden scarcity of jobs, fear of deportation and uncertainty about obtaining legal resident status any time soon.

In the last few years, and particularly the last few months, Mr. Sánchez struggled to find work. His earnings dwindled as his children grew up and their needs multiplied.

"People like me, if you don't work one day, you worry about how to feed your family the next day," he said. "We as immigrant workers never have stability, even if the economy is doing well. Imagine how things are now."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Now they can see what Americans who lost jobs are going through....... Except the Americans have no place to run.

This is not a one-liner, and I hope this hasn't already been posted.

www.dallasnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well at least something good is coming out of the recession we're in. They contribute nothing to our country aside from higher unemployment rates for Americans, higher medical insurance premiums for Americans, and higher crime rates in our cities. I can't say I'll miss them..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This article ignores the main reason the illegals are having a tougher time finding jobs, it has nothing to do with the supposed economic downturn. It's about the government finally cracking down and implementing (or threatening to do so) penalties with actual teeth against companies that illegaly employ undocumented aliens. The cost/benefit ratio traditionally made the risk of employing them and getting caught worth it. Now that is no longer the case. I'm actually heartened by this story because it indicates some progress in the war against illegal immigration.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That's fantastic news! Unfortunately, not all of them are going to flee to Mexico or stay there for very long. Many will just move elsewhere in the United States - to a sanctuary city. I moved from Los Angeles to Portland a few years ago - partly because the high number of illegal Mexicans in Southern California makes it such an unpleasant place to live, for a variety of reasons. There's more crime. There are fewer good, well-paying jobs. Half of the people in the city don't even speak the English language, and they insist on making us change our ways and culture rather than the other way around.

Anyway, I researched recent demographic data and found that Portland not only supposedly had a much more favorable cost of living and quality of life, but the illegal Mexican population was very low.

That's not true anymore! With the idiots running this city and this state, that population has zoomed up and they're destroying what was once a great place to live.

We need federal laws in place (and enforced) in all 50 states if we want to get these criminals out of our country for good! If employers were not allowed to hire these people, they couldn't live here, but the law is being side-stepped by moronic open-borders Democrats AND many Republicans foolishly selling out for votes. When the feds made a big immigration bust at a fruit-processing plant here in Portland last year, the mayor actually tried to intervene and went on record saying the city of Portland was against the raid and that he did not even allow our police department to take part in the investigation. How does that make any sense?!

[edit on 7-7-2008 by EverythingYouDespise]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress, I think I'll have a cry.

They are in the country illegally so they should be under duress.

So long and goodbye to all of you.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

I agree with you... Where I am in Gresham, it's mostly all non-English-speaking around me. The crimes are horrible. If you got a car, it gets broken into a lot...

Seems like the illegals where I am though, keep popping out kids and collecting more and more welfare while the 'husband' works under the table, and un-taxed. Woot. I am amazed they can afford to drive the huge gas-guzzlers that they do.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Come to think of it, one of the extended families that lives near my mom all came from Los Angeles. Something about turning against their gang, and needing to flee for their life. Bah, I don't know.

Pretty sad when Los Angeles is too dangerous for the illegals. Glad they can come to Portland and still find work and housing and everything..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

It's not being a foreigner that makes them criminal is the poverty that they were in. Countries like mine, the United States of America have criminals that are American too. It's the poverty and the lack of direction that those people have and take it with them to where ever they go.

So, if you hear different languages and see other cultures it doesn't mean they're criminals.

SR

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm sure they'll be heartbroken if the Amero and NAU rumours are true.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Any person with a brain and morals doesn't belong in a gang. Just think the lack of direction and the non-existent sense of class that they have.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

Well, that depends on one thing friend... if their poor they'll suffer, just like they did where ever they come from. That's what they're running from, if they come from Mexico they're going to have the same prejudice that they faced in Mexico. If it's down in South America well the same but even worse.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

Hey, I do not think of them as criminal. I have a couple neighbours who work all day long, are hardly ever, EVER seen... And when they are, they offer smiles, even though they know no English. They came here for a chance.

I am not saying they are all good, and they really cost the tax-payers a lot, being here. Crossing the border into this country is in the laws as a crime, right?

But anyone in their situation would do the same. Do not blame them, blame our own government for allowing it, and their government for not taking care of their people.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I applaud you for that reply!

Don't forget that it isn't just the government also the corporations that NEED the cheap labor to have revenues and don't want to pay for good honest and willing Americans that need a job.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks for that. Lol

Corporations can definitely be blamed for hurting people in their constant search for cheaper places to outsource jobs. Or for cheaper workers than Americans.

If this keeps up, how long before Americans start to flee to elsewhere for a better life?

EDIT: Reminds me of people joking about moving to INDIA to get an American job.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I too live and work in Gresham and it's incredible how many of them moved here and how quickly they did it. I'll go out sometimes and it almost seems like I'm back in California. I really don't mind people immigrating - I've lived in three different countries myself - but they need to ASSIMILATE when they do it. Number one, enter the country legally (Mexico sure does all it can to keep its own southern border sealed). Number two, learn and speak English. Finally, make some effort to adapt to our culture. Do those three things and I have no problem with you. Otherwise, you're violating our space and need to be shipped home immediately.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Once again one of the major issues has been lost and the argument has been debased into poverty being why they commit crimes. Poverty may be one reason for crime, but an even larger component is the fact that there's really no penalty for lower level crimes here. If an illegal gets caught committing any non-violent crime or theft, they simply get shipped back across to Mexico. I've known relatives of illegals in New Mexico that used to make running jokes about how, for instance, their cousin's mother down in Mexico would fall ill so their cousin on this side of the border would walk into the Snappy Mart and walk out with a stolen case of beer under his arm, sit down outside the store and chug as many as he could before the police got there to give him his free ride down to the port of entry. No tangible punishment equals more of a likelihood to commit crimes.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Every single one of your ancestors that came to America . Under today's standards would be "illegal aliens"

Your all a bunch of racist bigots. The Mexicans are not killing an entire race of people off for there land .

I'm Indian . It's too bad we didn't have the power/"laws" to treat your people this way .
What an ironic world we live in .

[edit on 7-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Illegal immigrants are like a plague of locusts.. They contribute nothing, yet take everything. They strip an area bare of all it's resources, then move on to greener fields.

[edit on 7/7/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Yeah sounds kinda like what the "whites" did to us when they came to this country .Hell atleast there native to this continent . You guys just "conquered" it.............. Ironic much?

[edit on 7-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join