It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name Any "Inconsistency" Of The Bible, And I'll Explain How It's NOT Inconsistent

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Netstorm, they are still nonetheless tales and fables. the funny thing is is that I want free will to, but I want to worship God who created me and live in his love and peace. I guess only the opposite feelings are considered free will, butfor me its ????

Simple truth, all im saying is that the only trustworthy scripture is the DOUAY RHEIMS version translated from the old latin vulgate bible.

This bible has been proven trustworthy in its translations as ive heard and I have not found one inconsistancy in it myself. Satan has imo considering what the oiginal KJV had in it, has created versions with bltant errors in it to cause so much distinction.

God Bless.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
whoa...you guys are so confusing!!!!!!!!

it seems that truth and simple truth are having a conversation....yet both are "truth"

when somebody said truth i was thinking one but it was really the other! whoa!

*sorry this was a random post...thought some ice was in dire need of being broken

[Edited on 3-6-04 by Scat]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ok, thanks Scat for citing that for all of us. But please please please, can we avoid the mudra? Because it doesn't fit the topic.

About Lilith, that is very interesting Scat and I will look into it because I honestly don't know much about the issue. Most of what you posted though wasn't out of the bible, which is what we're focusing on here. However, you did cite from Isaiah, so let's talk about just that part, because that's the part of your posting that ties in with the thread topic. Remember everyone, we're dealing with inconsistencies that lie WITHIN the text. I'm going to start a thread sometime soon on these other issues some of you are touching on about the validity of the bible as a whole and it's origins and how it was compiled etc etc etc. So Scat, this is why I'm just focusing on this one verse you cited. I would love to discuss the rest of your post in my next thread.

Anyway, first of all, what version of the bible do you have? I checked in mine, but Lilith wasn't mentioned. My version says "there the night creatures will also repose.." I have NIV. But I believe that whatever version you have could have mentioned Lilith.

But, even though it DOES, does that really create a contradiction from within the bible? To have a contradiction, the same topic must be addressed at least twice, while each time the subject in question conflicts with how it is described the other times. So, because Lilith is only mentioned in this verse, and never says anything about being Adam's wife, or living around Adam's time or anything pertaining to Genesis, there seems to be no contradiction here. So in this way the bible remains consistent. Do you have anything to respond Scat?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I too have never heard of Lilith. I know that there are lesser known books out there which some "recognize" as scripture (a.k.a. The Apocrypha).

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
yes i do.

the fact that it exists, yet does not exist- THATS the inconsistency.

not trying to be rude, but when will this "new thread" come up? it sounds as if youre just skirting around issues you dont want to tlak about now, but mine is the only one recently presented...so the time is now.

the inconsistency-
believers of the bible disregard the existence of lillith or the lillum. yet they shove her into the big book! she is a legend, some believe in her, some do not. but with all legends and myths, there are symbols assosciated with it. hers consist of night symbols, owls, screechings, etc. even without her name, the occurance of someone assosciated with all of these things clearly points to her. it smythology. if the bible is the word of god, and god says lillith does not exist, why is she referred to?

you say there must be two?

first one- the book of genesis- does not mention lillith at all (shes not there)

second- skip to my verse i gave you earlier.

shes not, she is?
how do you feel about the whole lillith/fallen angel connection?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

Originally posted by silQ
dude....i stated my inconsistancy: 1god says that we can't punish others for their wrong doing and that we should forgive them but 2god punishes them severly, sometimes with death and THEN he forgives! WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!?!?!?

hmmmmmm....true!
lets look at one-

Genesis 50:17 - So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him.

Psalms 36:7 - How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Genesis 6:13 - And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Genesis 9:17 - And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

whoever said this was too broad and needed specifics, there you go!

and add to this- the story of cain and abel????

Ok, good citing Scat. Thanks for helping out silQ. I guess there are two main points as to why this isn't hypocritical.

First of all, God desires for us to forgive each other for wrong doings and not to harm, or destroy, or seek revenge against them. Now, God certainly does not seek revenge, but He has passed destruction during the flood. (I will come back to the flood in my second point.) Ok, but let's remember God's position in relation to our postion. His authority compared to our own. His wisdom, compared to our own. He would have us forgive one another, because we don't have the understanding or capability to accurately judge another and to condemn them. We cannot truly know another's heart, because even the best of us sin and cause pain to others. God has the capability and knows each of us intimately. Well enough to accurately judge each of us. Furthermore, even if some person really was evil and sins against you, there is more reason for why God desires someone to STILL forgive. Because by forgiving even those who are the worst, it displays how God works, and how those who follow God live. This is so that people who notice acts of great forgiveness would see it and come to know the ways of God. And we should not worry ourselves about getting back with them, because ultimately, God will pass whatever judgement they deserve. God, being our creator, has the authority and right do what we don't have the position to do. Anyway, this is not to say that God isn't even forgiving though. He DOES forgive any that place trust into HIS son that He sent to take the deserved punishment from us. So God took it upon HIMSELF! It's very incredible if you think about it. The only example that really seems to get in the way of this is the flood, which brings me to my second point.

During the time of the flood, the circumstances were somewhat different than any other time where there is always sin and men doing sinful things. Scat, I talked about this earlier in the thread, so check it out. I don't want to repeat too much here. But the wickedness God decided to wipe out was more a result of Nephilim, than us humans doing just what we always do. We really haven't changed. Earlier in the thread, I explain this and who and what the Nephilim are. They weren't normal humans at all. Not of the same race. Anyway check it out. But Valhall has started an offshoot thread devoted JUST to the issue of the Nephilim and who they were, so if you're interested about that, check that out. The only reason why I'm mentioning them here, is because it helps to explain why God did the flood. Any further information or discussion on the topic, we are posting not in here, but on Valhall's thread.

So did that make sense to ya? Let me know thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
no, i dont understand.

gods relation to our selves? if god is made in our image, walking the earth, and "died for us" then we should be pretty level right? at least on the basis of emotion. so we should always forgive, but shoudl we ask for forgiveness?

why is it that god can lash out so harshly at cain, yet god himself wiped out the entire planet (save 2 of every animal...except for the unicorm, bastards! :lol

true, cain did not supposedly have very good intentions, yet what were GODS high and mighty intentions? oh well, ym experiment sucks, better screw em all over...except that guy, hes cool.

if god teaches forgiveness, why didnt noah let anyone on the boat?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

yes i do.

the fact that it exists, yet does not exist- THATS the inconsistency.

not trying to be rude, but when will this "new thread" come up? it sounds as if youre just skirting around issues you dont want to tlak about now, but mine is the only one recently presented...so the time is now.

the inconsistency-
believers of the bible disregard the existence of lillith or the lillum. yet they shove her into the big book! she is a legend, some believe in her, some do not. but with all legends and myths, there are symbols assosciated with it. hers consist of night symbols, owls, screechings, etc. even without her name, the occurance of someone assosciated with all of these things clearly points to her. it smythology. if the bible is the word of god, and god says lillith does not exist, why is she referred to?

you say there must be two?

first one- the book of genesis- does not mention lillith at all (shes not there)

second- skip to my verse i gave you earlier.

shes not, she is?
how do you feel about the whole lillith/fallen angel connection?

I see what you're saying, but this topic is not about the outside legends or myths. In the bible you say there's a contradiction of lilith between Genesis and Isaiah. But look, Pilate is talked about in the gospels, but not in Genesis, so would that be a contradiction too? In the bible as it is widely accepted and written, Lilith is not mentioned or eluded to in Genesis. The verse you cited is the only mentioning in the book right? Therefore, there is nowhere else in the book to contradict it AGAINST. See what I'm saying? An example of a contradiction within the text of the bible would be that somewhere in Genesis, Lilith is brought up as a wife of Adam's. Then, later on in Isaiah, or anywhere the bible would say something to the effect that she was NOT Adam's wife and that only Eve was. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
In the time of the Atlantis Empire

"Beneath a volcanic mountain in a grotto partly natural, but reformed by the hand of art, dwelt Kirtyah the Sorceress, daughter of Lilith, a witch woman, and Obon, a reputed serpent-father."

Atla 1886 Mrs. J. G. Smith

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

no, i dont understand.

gods relation to our selves? if god is made in our image, walking the earth, and "died for us" then we should be pretty level right? at least on the basis of emotion. so we should always forgive, but shoudl we ask for forgiveness?

why is it that god can lash out so harshly at cain, yet god himself wiped out the entire planet (save 2 of every animal...except for the unicorm, bastards! :lol

true, cain did not supposedly have very good intentions, yet what were GODS high and mighty intentions? oh well, ym experiment sucks, better screw em all over...except that guy, hes cool.

if god teaches forgiveness, why didnt noah let anyone on the boat?

Have you checked out my post earlier in the thread yet? It helps clarify just what all was behind the reason for the flood. There's more than you may think. Like I said, you should read that. The difference in level just means that God is above us in power and authority. He created us, gave us EVERYTHING we have, gave us laws and guidelines to live out life, etc etc etc. Because of all this, He has right to lash out as you say, or discipline us if we stray or rebel against Him. This is not to say He does it without reason or for fun at all. Plus, He did not kill Cain or anything. He actually even promises Cain He will protect him from others after He reprimanded him. So, just like a parent may punish their son, while the son's brother can't really punish him, so can God punish us, even if our fellow humans really don't have the position to do so. Better at all yet? If you still see holes in what I say, call it out! Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
i get what youre saying, but do you get what im saying?
im asking your opinion on lillith.

what is it?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

No offense taken. I'm not trying to skirt issues. Really I'm not, just trying to stick to topic. I want to start another thread on the validity of the bible based on OUTSIDE sources and whether we can TRULY know if it's from God and not man. But I'm gonna wait til after this thread winds down a bit, because, in case you haven't noticed, I have LOTS of replies to make, and it takes a lot of time. I simply couldn't take up another thread and really be involved in it.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

i get what youre saying, but do you get what im saying?
im asking your opinion on lillith.

what is it?

Hmm, well I don't know. Like I said, I've heard of it, but don't know too much about it. I'm going to check into it definitely. As of now though, I would have to say that I don't take it to be more than a myth or story. Trust me, I'll discuss this with you at some point. Don't worry.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
well isnt it obvious that it didnt come from god at all?

i mean....come on.

what replies? im the only person talking! hahaha!

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Again during the reign of the Atlantis Empire.

A Phoenician man speaks:

'Wise Herekla! didst thou, by the intuition of a pure soul, thus early distinguish good from evil? Or hadst thou read in ancient legend that when God bestowed upon Adam(Man) his helpmate Chevah(Life-(Eve), a woman pure and fair, the devil placed in his path Ardat Lilith, a witch, beautiful to behold, yet foul and wicked; mother of the sorceress brood, who from that time forward by their enticements, have been the curse and opprobrium of humanity, whose syren shores are strewn with wreckes of glorious manhood, health, reputation, fortune, soul!"

-Atla 1886 Mrs. J. G. Smith

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
in my head, the visualisation of lillith is alanis morisette. HAHHA!

the "screw men im just as good as you, maybe even better..im smarter than you!" persona....hah

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Please you two...the threads losing focus now

Scat, I know you're interested in how anyone can take the bible seriously as from God. But dude, just let me concentrate on this thread for awhile first k? I don't want to stray any further. I had a purpose for the thread. So please, stick with the topic. You too lostinspace.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
ok ok ok back with the thread topic...anyone?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Let me follow up on my Gensis question. It has been told to me that the "us" is in reference to the trinity of God. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. An analogy is that I can be a son, uncle and father all at once. So can God.

Now Jesus was more of a potential, back then. But that still leavs us with God and the Holy Spirit, which gives us a plurality. This is all fine and good.

BUT ... who the heck is God addressing when he says "let us make man in our image." Because, the trinty is "within" God. It is internal and there is no one else to address.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Whatdoes a painting have to do with anything? Jesus did not do the painting did he?

You didn't read the thread, or you would know what I was referring to .

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join