It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Declares Sovereignty

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is great...

I've always hated Oklahoma anyway.

We don't need you,

We don't want you

besides,

only two things come out of oklahoma anyway...

and we all know what they are....

good bye and good riddance....

What a joke...were they ever a real state anyway?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

What's the matter, your football team got beat?

Roper

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
This is great...

I've always hated Oklahoma anyway.

We don't need you,

We don't want you

besides,

only two things come out of oklahoma anyway...

and we all know what they are....

good bye and good riddance....

What a joke...were they ever a real state anyway?

Actually, I have no idea what those two things are. Kindly elaborate. I'm not from Oklahoma, never been in Oklahoma, but really? Were they ever a real state? Can you not see how ridiculous your post is? It's void of thought, and CERTAINLY void of informed opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Again. even if the bill fails, this is symbolism at the highest level. The country WILL/IS reorganizing. It has no choice. No, it will not be the end of the US, but it will be returning responsibility for many things to states/regions. It has become painfully obvious that we can no longer cram all US citizens behind such a sprawling, controlling Federal system. For many people, Obama might as well be from Tibet. They don't understand who the man is and cannot within their lifetimes.

It is the pendulum of balance. Transportation costs are driving a reduction of Federal powers. Or let's say the Feds will now bw able to concentrate their energies on their original role set out in The Constitution.

Yes, since the US Civil War Federal Powers have grown in ridiculous ways, but the infrastructure supported it. Now that isn't the case.

Reorganization. Go regionalism.

Go Okies!! I loved Oklahoma. I had a good time at Fort Sill!!! Go Lakotas!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

??????????

The Feds have failed these citizens. Why heap abuse? They aren't the only territories to seek sovereign powers. There is more than one way to do it. Great Lakes Compact. Passed 33-0 in the Senate. Why?

Think about it. The Federal system is so overburdened by special interest and being lobbied to rule on items outside their sphere of intnded powers it has become unmanagable and ineffective.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Like the last guy said....what a ridiculous post!! How much thought did that one take, seriously!?? And what relavance, if any, does it have on the topic at hand?? Your comment seems to be based on the reputation of the state of Oklahoma and it's particular "type" of people. Might I remind you that they are Americans who are tired of their federal gov't of crooks destroying the very foundation of this country and have the balls to finally do something about it!! Much more than I can say for the rest of this "Union", if that's what you call it!!

This is great news to read about! First time I've heard of it, but better late than never. Of course, the only way this could work I believe is if other states pass similar resolutions.
Has anyone seen or heard anything like this coming from any other state in the country??

The states tried to exercise their rights one time already and it failed, we'll see what happens this time!

Purduegrad05

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

No. [SNIP] You still didn't answer any of the specifics and personal attacks don't render your case any more substantial.

I sand by all of my queries. If I have to pass a literary history test to question you, then why are you here? Your denial is ignorance.

And I never said I didn't know the quotations, I said I wasn't impressed with your use of them.

You haven't demonstarted any concrete knowledge about anything.
The last international struggle that took place in North America was arguably the Mexican War. Maybe some new type of civil war, but it'll be handled in the courts and marketplace...

wrong about an ATS interaction...

[edit on 16-6-2008 by djerwulfe]

Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Some folks are just not clear on the concept of the constitution, and the states supreme rights

over and above an overbearing arm of a way too big centralized monster.

Some folks forgot, that it was an agreement that brought the states together to FORM the union,

it ultimately is the states right to disagree, just as we disagreed with an overbearing king, if your nwo

printed school books were worth anything at all...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

Yes, I know we have the power, but, the sheep are grazing and couldn't care less.

I'm also wondering if there isn't something else going on here [ like there usually is ]

thanks for the comments...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am in, and from Oklahoma, and I'll gladly state that Oklahoma is the lead in many things(including TomFrusso's sister), and I am more than interested in the opinion expressed. Explain, pray tell, what causes this disdain for my home.

I believe that the OP was in regards to Oklahoma taking a step in a much needed direction...not express your uneducated view on a place you know dick about.

Oh, yes I am sure your football team did get beat(I laughed heartilly at that Roper) because that's what we do...

[edit on 16-6-2008 by daddymax]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
why is everyone so uptight???

It was a joke...just like this thread - a joke...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Then why are you continuing to read this post if it's a joke to you? Besides if it was a joke, you need to state that in your comments, and stop beating around the bush, maybe learn to have better conversations or maybe even a real debate verses blowing smoke out your ***.

Maybe you should explain your hate towards humans that live in this state. Maybe by putting it out on the table others might be able to help you back to the light instead of trudging through the dark blind folded.

I think it's awesome that some states are finally pulling the GOP out of their own rear ends and are standing up to fight the republic.

[edit on 16/6/2008 by wyldwylly]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tylerc25211

Please tell me your not serious...the news? They probably will eventually, but it's in the agenda to keep the populous as unaware of these events as possible.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

"" It was a joke...just like this thread - a joke... ""

nope, you're wrong again!

the real joke is in D.C.....

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ooooohhhh...you were joking. Well, let me offer you a nice fresh piece of cow pie. Yeah, that's caramel running through it...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I was born in Oklahoma and lived here several years before I was able to escape. Sadly, I had to return because of some family obligations, but intend to leave ASAP.
Fortunately, all my formative years were in another country, so I have seen beyond the blinding walls of middle America.
Oklahoma isn't really a state at all. It is just the biggest crime scene of the Native American holocaust and betrayal of African American financial success.
www.state.ok.us...

“August: Osage County,” just won the Pulitzer Prize for the best Broadway play of the year. That really ought to cheer up Soonerland, but they really aren't literate enough to care. "Sooner," by the way, means cheater. The people who stole the land intended for Indians, "legally."
Oh, but it is the most "Christian" state of all. They voted for Bush even more than Texans!
Our ass-hat legislature tried to make a law this session, to make it illegal for schoolteachers to give a lower grade for anyone who gave religious answers on tests.
They don't like to be called ignorant, they just can't help it. I don't understand why they don't just make football the official state religion and be done with it.
theater2.nytimes.com...

What were we talking about? Oh, right, seceding from the Union. All you scholars of the internets would make fine okies.

ARTICLE Oklahoma HJR1089 - A Joint Resolution claiming sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment
to the Constitution of the United States.

Referred to Rules Committee - Senate killed it.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

(My bold, just so you don't miss it again.)
Here is that little linky-poo thingie you couldn't find, that has already been posted here several times:
www.ok-safe.com...

It would be a joke. If it was funny.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Actually I don't believe it was succession that was the goal Eyewhatever...is was soveriegnity. But since you know so much, don't let me be the one to point out the difference...Maybe before you make the escape you should find out the difference...

And Football is the state religion...

Go Pokes

[edit on 16-6-2008 by daddymax]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyemagistus

Sooners were not those who "stole land from the Indians" unless everyone who participated in the Indian Appropriation Act of 1889 was also a Sooner by definition, which they weren't.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I do know the difference, and I also know how to spell.
That puts me way ahead of you pokies, and most of the people on this thread who are easily confused about both.
You do realize that your school colors are to make the graduates feel right at home wearing those snazzy outfits they'll be wearing on the road construction crew.
'
'

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Eyemagistus]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join