It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Declares Sovereignty

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Actually I'm not talked about you. I talked about Eyemagistus. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Right now the bill is pending... maybe due to the summer vacations. Well. I my country everything is suspended until September. So if the U.S. senate and house of representatives are also working on this way, lil' summer vacation between May and Sept, that's maybe the reason why no one is really talking about it. It's pending, but it's not dead.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11
Youll have to do better than that.Its a PDF file for crying out loud!Anyone could have written it.And the website, ok-safe.com?WTF is that?THINK people and stop swallowing garbage that looks like ..well garbage to me.

is there anything that you don`t try to poo poo on???

not trying to be thorn in your side but, everywhere I go
you turn out to be the MAJOR DEBUNKER........

wow........the things that make me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

anyway........

if this is true then YIIPPPEEEEEEEEE

stand up to those traitorous Cowardly bast@rds (the N.W.O)

no matter what the evil MSM say..
there is A LOT MORE of us(concerned caring people)
than there is of them (N.W.O scum and there minions)
mabey soon I will be able to say

"N.W.O....YOUR GOIN DOWN"

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I really REALLY hope this bill will pass !

As for the bill being dead . Usually if a bill is in committee at the end of a session it can be considered dead . unless there is a mirror bill from the opposite house a senate and a house bill at the same time saves the time of going threw both houses .

I dont know enough about OK legislature's session times their cut off dates ect in most states the resolution would need to be reintroduced the next session if it was in committee at the end of session . some states allow a old bill from last session in committee continue from where it was when session ended .

The state i live in this bill would be dead. If there was someone well versed in OK politics and operation of their house could answer far better . I have never studied or followed OK houses to know .

Sometimes bills are passed with out a clear posting of pass or fail simply for quick action later in a special session where it can be brought out of committee and passed in a day if it was left in committee or time ran out for its third reading . Here we had a bill that session closed while it was in committee and when the state cash flow was in the negative they went to special session brought it out and passed it it was to increase good time for prison sentences from 1/3 to 1/2 to save corrections cost . like keeping a ace up their sleeve .
I am glad to see more people are thinking along the lines that the fed is growing to big and to over powering

Again i Hope it comes back and more states do the same thing !

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Just a small question.

This is a good thing but to what extent really? First step to the NWO going down yes, the end of the United States of America at the same time? If states start to split then that means there will no longer be a U.S.A. I really wish this would not happen, at least like this. What is needed and probably will happen either way you look at it is another Civil War. They did always say that in our time we will see the biggest changes in humanity. These could just be it.

Another question.
What exactly does this mean. What side is against the NWO.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

My compliments to you.You must be one of the few who have researched the real reasons behind the civil war. An over zealous federal government and double taxation on exports from the south caused the scessionist movement.
I commend the legislature of the great state of Oklahoma for taking the all important first stand against an ever spreading malignant oppression called the federal government.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I dont think civil war would come of it . But the bill is basically stating . Ok is reaffirming its rights under the constitution . A passage of a bill like this could force the supreme court to examine the if the homeland security is binding on all states or if the wire taps are legal in all states and whether the states National Guard is really at the beckon and call of the president Or as it had been thought the governor of the state .

Traditionally it was the states governor that would mobilize the NG or commit them to duty . There could be a judicial stream of cases that have been long over looked since they need to be brought forward by states rather than the aclu or other lawyers .

The commerce between states is given to the fed Gov to regulate but commerce inside a state is the states not the fed . But the fed is involved with that also they dictate many aspects of it .

We live in some interesting times . Lets all hope for the best

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.x211

This does not end the United States. This merely reaffirms every states Constitutional right to keep its sovereignty as granted in the tenth amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

They are just saying that any powers not enumerated in the constitution are not valid powers and all powers not delegated to the Fed are reserved to the states. or the people so long as it is not prohibited by the Constitution.

This will not cause a civil war. It is not like they are succeeding from the Union. Even if they did, it would be debatable as to if this would cause civil war.

Worst case scenario:

It passes in Oklahoma and the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional.

Edit:

This was just stated basically. Guess I should have refreshed, Sorry.

[edit on 6/15/2008 by apolluwn]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Maybe this WILL start a trend in all of the surrounding states, and show the FED that just like us(Oklahoma), and everyone else, we are not here to be micro-managed. We are capable of taking care of our own in issues that are not FED. Call your representatives and bounce it off of them.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The OK-safe site actually says, "The senate killed it." Far be it from me to make the obvious even clearer to those who refuse to see.
The Oklahoma State House of Representatives was in total chaos this year, so don't get your hopes up about reviving anything left undone.
The speaker at the time it was introduced in the House, was Lance Cargill, the youngest ever at that post. He had to resign because it was finally revealed that he had conveniently failed to pay taxes all 6 years he was in the legislature and also had several other "inappropriate, personal" shenanigans exposed, by the intrepid Okie lap dog, news mafia.
www.thelostogle.com...

The House managed to piss off everyone by deciding to have a joint, bi-partisan leadership until they could decide on a new speaker.

The Oklahoma State Legislature is only in session from Feb.-May.
I actually worked as a legislative reporter at the State Capitol for part of a session in 2003, but was among the first to be "downsized" near the end of the session, when we invaded Iraq.
I exercised the poor judgment of a responsible journalist by actually reading PNAC before Bush was installed and told my publisher that I believed the decision to invade had been made many months earlier. (It turned out his son was in the Air Force.)

I still say Charles Key is an idiot.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Very well put gentlemen. I just find it very funny that the news haven't put this out to the public view yet. Just goes to show who's side they are on after all.

Whats even more disturbing is that with out the news or some other liable source to get this out im sure it is going to take months before others know what we do so far.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
After reading the PDF, I've sent an email to my Representatives and Senators here in Washington State asking that similar, if not verbatim, language be used in a Bill for Washington State. I hope members from each State follow suit.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wow nothing on Youtube, TV, or major new sites, but about 100 forum posts on various sites. This should be spreading faster then this.

im listening to the alex jones radio live, maybe i should fill him in...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Yarcofin
'Whatever government bodies you have over there' = OK House (passed), OK Senate (passed via joint session), and the OK governor (apparently not signed yet).

True, gov. brad henry has not signed it yet, at least not to my knowledge, however...we are talking about the same gov. who has already told the feds to forget it on their 'eminent domain' plans.

He has stood up against them before. And it might be surprising to some, just how many of us back him.

On edit, I see where it is being said that the senate killed it. If this is true it doesn't necessarily mean that it will stay dead. Especially seeing as how it is going around the web like wildfire. If there is enough attention grabbed, it could be brought back up.

If not, another state could decide to declare the same and take up where things were left off.

Time will tell how it goes.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by ShadowEyes]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I am hoping this means the tide is turning and other states follow. Please tell me this is the beginning of the end for bushism.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by angryamerican]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Way to go OKlahoma!!! Hats off too you you all
As others have said here, only if the remaining 49 states can push federal NWO back, and remind them WE are the ones in control

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

www.okhouse.gov... this is directly from the state of OK government website

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I honestly still think that the NWO will never be beat unless we the people stand up in force. Free speech just don't cut it these days.

Change America or God Help Us ALL.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I live in Mississippi. This is what our legislature needs to do immediately.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Eyemagistus

Again, please show that site which is actually saying it's killed this bill. I'm asking this, because everywhere where we looked, see my link in the previous page and also at okhouse.gov, it's saying it's passed. But you're telling us the opposite, what I cannot find at all at ok-safe.

So, without you would start to write dozens of lines again and before you would explain your theories again, give us just a link, which is showing us that it's dead and was killed by the senate. So, a link, where I can see this two words together before, after, above or below HJR1089.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

Thank you, very much... Be blessed

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join