It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
What I've found VERY interesting are the filtered areas, look at the arrows:

I'm almost 100% sure that this a blur-filter, actually it even looks like the gaussian algorithm we all know from e.g. Photoshop...

Three post-processed altered areas covering somewhat "dark spots" but what makes me wonder even more is that this filter has only been applied to that specific part of the picture. I've scrolled several times throughout the whole photo (sure there are some artifacts here and there) but I couldn't find the same anomaly anywhere else...

What do you think? Nobody mentioned this before.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
here is the anomlies found so far, i marked them all and written a little number so i can give a description what is seen at each number.

home20.inet.tele.dk...

1. Face seen from the side

2. face seen from the side

3. face seen from the side

4. dead body

5. metal parts and a skull

6. stairs leading down to the Egyption looking face statue

7. the Egyption face statue

8. looks like a cut off right arm

and

??? = looks like a cave with rockpiece blocking the entrance there is also a flat piece of land outside the cave (?)

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Gobo]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

Very interesting, but too bad about your spelling. English your first language?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
How sure are we, that what we see is what is there?

It’s a daft question, but when you think about it, not that difficult to do.
The pictures from Mars, are they really from Mars or computations from a graphics engine?
NASA has the technology to create these images not from the Rovers, but from a computer programme that creates an artificial terrain.
The real images, if there are real images, are transmitted to a separate set of co-ordinates.
The fake ones, showing what has already been pre-programmed, has enough juicy bits in it to keep conspiracy theorists happy looking for alien artefacts and ignoring the glaring truth.

Why would they do such a thing though?

One reason, is that if alien life is, or already has been, discovered, the images will not leak to the public and remain safely locked away, for our own protection of course.

A second reason is money. With such a low success rate for not just getting to Mars but also landing, NASA has to justify the millions of dollars it spends on missions to the people who fund them.

If it has done this, how would you know?
Just like the moon landings, you can’t just wander over and make sure the Rovers are there.
Check the graphics that have been released?
They have computers, programs and technology more powerful than we can estimate. We only know of the stuff they decide to release or tell us of.
They’ve already admitted to altering photographs to make them look more natural

So, ignoring the objects you’ve seen and the hours spent pouring over the pictures with a magnifying glass/zoom, how certain are you that what you see is actually what is there?

Personally, I think the pictures are real, but I know you people love a good conspiracy.

Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

sty

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a well-known natural formation back in my country:

nothing special, just atmosphere at work

[edit on 19-5-2008 by sty]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
Well it says this Cliff is only 37 feet tall so I would guess that this "statue" is only about four feet tall.

I don't see the significance of making a four feet statue in the MIDDLE of the Cliff but what do I know.

I think this is a misinterpretation of a natural rock formation.

-Alien

After seeing the full picture it seems this may be the case. Question now is, was Mars populated by an advanced race of tiny people? It is plausible. What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Originally posted by conjunktionman

After seeing the full picture it seems this may be the case. Question now is, was Mars populated by an advanced race of tiny people? It is plausible. What are your thoughts?

well there is some thoughts here that the formations of the pyramids on Earth and Mars also is actually star formations (when seem from above) and the bigger the pyramids the brighter the star

the hint should be that those who made the pyramides came from around Pleiades and maybe stranded on Mars and Earth and could not get back.

thehiddenrecords.com...

thehiddenrecords.com...

(below a link to Wayne Herschel's book called The Hidden Records)

[/code)www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211197817&sr=8-1[/code)

(Product Description
New findings link all pyramid civilizations and reveals the ultimate secret of the Sphinx. Proves that all 50 pyramids of lower Egypt represent a single star map. The star maps are convincingly accurate and reveal the human codex found in a star map at Stonehenge. Confirms that the Gods of the Ancients were cosmic visitors and contends that ultimately all humanity is descendant from an arrival from a nearby star over 17,250 years ago. )

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
really interesting photos. rocks like human face...hopefully, there are some close up and clear photos, otherwise, our imagination will pop up more faces in the photos

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by conjunktionman

Could well be possible, regarding the pictures of the "martians" that the Rover send before are tiny "people"?!

It is so frustrating, were not getting more information. If we could only have pictures from different angles, that would explain a lot. Now we are having this discussions about a once-off, one-sided picture.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
As much as I believe that there are other civilizations out there, I have to say that I think this is yet another case of people seeing what they want to see.

If you look at enough pictures of rock formations, eventually you'll see something that resembles what you're searching for.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

LOL , I know what u mean.....I've met a few people who claim to have been abducted or are under the influence of mind control but what's most upsetting is as you gradually get to know them it becomes more apparent it isn't the case, they just wish they were or seem to mask an underlying problem with high strangeness.

That saying there are defo people out there who do encounter strange things and aren't necessarily bonkers.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Future abductee. Is there any chance you could post a picture of what you see please? If there is any kind of wrighting then that would be the icing on the cake. I will look again later have a blinding headache(probably from looking at mars to long )

Ironman. Sorry for my ignorance but who is Dr.canning?

Zorgon. You knowledge of mars is amazing thanks for every thing.

Clear thinker I don’t understand the corrosion of rock. But zorgon and blaster did a nice job explaing it (thanks guys)

Gobo. The pictures you put up are very interesting. Number 5 the metal bits are seen all the time on many NASA pictures. There everywhere.

123space. I don’t think it’s a silly question at all. As I said to anonymous. The thought has crossed my mind many times.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Looking at the full picture, I don't see it being a practical location for an ancient civilization. The platform is interesting, but not anything that could be claimed as unnatural. The 'statue' itself isn't surrounded by any other similar 'statues' and the surrounding area doesn't appear to be chiseled or etched in any way.

In Vermont there was a rock formation known as the Old Man in the Mountain. (it's on the back of the Vermont quarter). This is a natural formation that looks like a dude.

I do believe there is life on Mars, and that there could have been ancient intelligent life on Mars, but I don't think this is evidence of it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
interesting pics, though cant make any thing of the shapes. 1% resemblance. Not enough to convince me. Half the circled shapes look like nothing, i think people may be getting over excited over rocks on mars

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
how the hell can you be so sure its a egyptian statue on mars?!
why do you always believe that it has something to do with human civilisation? Why would aliens contact the egyptians?! Its like looking at a cloud that resembles elvis.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I agree with the others, this is excellent research work... attention to the details is the only way to hinder the skeptics...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
good find. better than any other 'face on mars'.
on a lighter tone, i think that artifact is important enough for the martians that they had installed a formidable advance defense system as evidenced by this

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I thought you were making a joke about being a "Black Level" something. But your post brought up some questions no one wants to ask here. Such as if the images are hoaxed, or if there is a cover-up and huge conspiracy conducted by NASA, what would other scientists in other countries have to say about that?

They would all have to be contributers or willing participants in this conspiracy. (What a miracle that would be, to get all of the leaders of the world to all agree on, contribute and participate in a massive conspiracy.)

What about all of the research done by scientists in America and other parts of the world, which was done before there was any NASA or before there was even an America?

People who only want to perpetuate their fantasies or paranoia will never get to the truth.

If you want to get to the truth about life on Mars, etc. do it scientifically. Don't just affirm the things that seem to support your fantasies, you should consider all data.

This is the most annoying thing about this forum. There are a lot of smart people here but they conveniently filter out anything that doesn't conform to their beliefs or fantasies.

Science and the truth has nothing to do with your "feelings", beliefs, or paranoia.

I believe there was life on Mars too, I really want to see evidence, but if I discard the things that don't fit into my fantasies, I'll never know the truth.

It would be great to have an online class set up here to teach people about the "scientific method" and how to search for evidence objectively.

Another weird thing many people do in this forum is that many of you believe skepticism is bad, and that you are waging a war against "skeptics". What you haven't learned yet is that;

Skepticism is essential when searching for the truth!

This is where many people who post here go wrong.

You should try to equate skepticism with being "discriminating".
There's a big difference between someone who is a skeptic, or discriminating, and someone who is dismissive.

Your battle is with those who are "dismissive", not those who are skeptical.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Electro38]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hello there Iammonkey, nice find you have there however if it werent for the size and location - it makes it kinda difficult to accept that it might be the real deal. With that being said, how would we really know anyways? Like I always say - We wont know until we go.

In any case, its good to see your interested in the Red Rock as it is a very interesting place. Lots to see. And truthfully, I make assumptions about things that may not be too, so I hope its no hard feelings on the opinion side of things. Below I've included two images from Mars, one of mine and one of our newest and youngest ever conspiracy master - Internos. I know that his will inspire many questions... but in my opinion these are a couple of the best finds of late. Enjoy and keep looking!

spikeD.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join