It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BolianAdmiral

Absolutely NO disrespect here, but that's because it's a real statue... on Earth. That is some damned fine photoshop work, but you can tell that the statue was added in, in post, because you can see where the image was set to fade into the rock, at the point where the right shoulder/arm of the statue begins to come down. Sadly, I saw all the images from the rover in the link provided, and no statue could be seen.

I think you actually need to go look at the original NASA link to the image, it is clearly there. Open your eyes

Mikey

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
ITS THE DRACONIANS MAN! NOT EVEN KIDDING. THE WHOLE CONSPIRACY THAT THEY STARTED THE HUMAN CIVILIZATION ABOUT 5.1 BILLION YEARS AGO WHEN THEY LIVED ON MARS WHEN IT WAS INHABITABLE AND ANOTHER PLANET THAT WAS DESTROYED AND WAS REFORMED AS EARTH, OUR MOON, AND PLUTO. AND NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THOSE #ERS SANK ATLANTIS, BECAUSE ATLANTEANS WERE A SPECIES OF HUMANS AS ADVANCED AS THE DRACONIANS AND THE DRACO WERE THREATENED, AND THEY SANK LEMURIA BETWEEN INDIA AND MADAGASCAR (THERES EVIDENCE OF THIS SUBCONTINENT TOO, FOR EXAMPLE LEMURS FOUND ON INDIAN SOIL ARE SAME SPECIES FOUND ON LEMURIA, MEANING THAT THERE HAD TO BE A LANDBRIDGE OF SOME SORT), THAT AND THE CRYSTAL SKULLS FOUND IN EUROPE AND LATIN AMERICAS IS THE EVIDENCE OF THIER EXISTENCE! AND NOW, IN 2012, THEY PLAN TO SHOW THIER EXISTENCE AT THE "ZION" LONDON OLYMPICS. AND NOT ONLY THAT, IF YOU WATCH THE COMERCIAL FOR THAT, YOU'LL SEE EVERYTHING INVOLVED WITH MASONRY, BUT THE THING IS ITS ALL SUBLIMINAL, LIKE THE 11:11 CONCEPT, AND THE WHOLE THING WITH THE NEW WORLD ORDER! WE MUST FIGHT BACK!! ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME AND ABOUT 200 OTHER REVOLUTIONIST, EMAIL ME AT [email protected] or MYSPACE ME at www.myspace.com/vampireinsomnia

Together we can win this war!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BolianAdmiral

I’m not sure whom your accusation is directed at. However, I can assure you if my self had added it in, there are many very talented people on this site who would have pulled me up pretty dame quick. One been ArMap, mike, to name just two. There would also be HOAX on each side. Not to mention how it would affect my future posts. Go back to the op and look again. Although some found it hard to locate they did find it. You mention it was done at post??. If it is directed at NASA, I have no problem. If how ever, it is directed at me. If you can be bothered looking, and find it. I hope the apology is as forth coming as your accusation. Please clarify. Thank you.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

Rather than fighting about who´s wrong or right or what it is or isnt, I just see this stuff as an inspiration to keep looking for more.

Like a carrot on a stick, luring us to look closer and find more. Without little finds like this we might have given up.

Normally one might say "coincidence". But if we look at all the anomalous stuff MikeSingh as found over in his Forum, it becomes a bit more probable that artificial structures are on Mars.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Have you guys noticed the number "4" on one of the rocks?
To the left and a little up from the statue..

I think that's worth a thought..

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
And, as I also said before, that rock sure looks strange, even to me.

Yes I know... believe me I saved THAT post
Its not often I get that from you

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
That's the strangest rock I've ever seen.

To me it looks like something embedded or encrusted in rock. I have many samples of things that look like bits of metal or ancient machinery, broken and half encrusted with rock... This is one of the better ones

And it seems NASA was interested in this one too as the rover drove right up to it

But yes while ArMaP IS correct that this is sand... we still have the 'muddy tracks'

And to all those newbies asking what is NASA's stand?

NASA NEVER EVER MAKES ANY COMMENTS ON ANY ANOMALIES

Got that? Cool

Also there is NO QUESTION that there was once a lot of water on Mars

Now back to your regularly scheduled "Egyptians on Mars"

[edit on 20-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
"My" image looks much worse because it is only a re-sample, not a super-resolution version, but at least it does not suffer from those artifacts.

So what you are saying it is okay for you to 'erase' any artifacts by creating "YOUR" version and using that instead of the original super-resolution version?

How marvelously convenient

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating with respect. I understand where you’re coming from but my point is this. I can take any one taking the p out of me, or my post. I can also take debunking and people adding little things to my pictures for a laugh. But what I wont take is been accused of photo shopping (which has happed before) and wanted to clear up who the accusation was aimed at that’s all.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

of course. I was talking generally, not in reference to your last post.

Its clear that you didnt photoshop but took the picture from a NASA-site.

Thats whats so good about it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by iammonkeyI can also take debunking and people adding little things to my pictures for a laugh.

Hey not to worry... 92 flags hehehe that tells you what's what...

focus on that... in my opinion that is one of the better finds in a long time... though they are loathe to admit it, even the skeptics can recognize the 'statue'

And don't let the Troll Hordes get you down... we always have the magic spell to silence them as last resort... the IGGY Button

They are happiest when they rouse a reaction

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

And how do you explain the blurring? coincedental?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

And how do you explain the blurring? coincedental?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The picture of this "statue" is quite good catch, but I do not think it is nothing more than a rock formation. Of course you would need to take a closer look, but that is not going to be possible.

And besides, it just puzzles me why the "statues" of other civilizations are so poorly crafted that we have to dig them out of the picture? I mean, take a look at our landmarks here on the earth: we got giant statues that you do not need to guess what they actually are.

But then again, I am convinced we never see the full photo's that are taken on Mars. There are quite obviously more interesting finds that digging rock formations to make faces out of them.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by thisaintnokansas]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisaintnokansas
There are quite obviously more interesting finds that digging rock formations to make faces out of them.

Maybe... maybe not

www.msss.com...

www.msss.com...

But seriously if your tired of rock faces we can do...

The HERD

Or the FROZEN LAKE...

But we have done those before

This thread is about the Egyptian Statue

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, that is the best pic of that statue I've seen to date! Thx you! Why? Because I can CLEARLY see it's a woman, seeing part of her breast with her arm outstretched; how can anyone say that does NOT resemble a woman!!?? !!

If NASA shopped it, it's pretty dam good! If not, there's some explaining to do!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That second one looks like the dark haired guy from Contra!
The oldschool Contra on the Nintendo.

These are all not new to me but that last one I thought everyone else had forgotten about. This was a major media story about water on mars just as this one was:

www.space.com...

And this one:
www.nasa.gov...

And these photos as well:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

What really chaps my hide is that these are huge news stories with possibly revolutionary implications. Yet these news stories get drowned out in a few days with stories about celebrities and sports.

-ChriS

[edit on 20-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

excellent pics! However, what I keep seeing is

~if this is 'natural' rock formations.. how is it that there are perfectly straight lines perpendicular to each other.....it's impossible to get those with just wind....

and to me .. that in itself is the big picture.. not the face or statue!!!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Very interesting photos and although there is striking (albeit blurry) similarities with Kemetic Pharonic statuary of the Middle to Late Dynasties, the rational mind has to remain skeptical and consider the possibility of gestalt isomorphism or geonic pattern recognition that might be more probable possibilities here. (Meaning there is a tendency in the human psyche to look for recognizable or familiar patterns, especially anthropomorphic ones, in any thing we see that doesn't necessarily have an neatly and clearly ordered pattern.)

Software does exist to determine the actual 3-dimensional surface of objects in images (similar software was used to analyze the image on the infamous Shoud of Turin to determine whether it was a painting or primitive negative as opposed to the legendary reputed origins of the image). It would be interesting to see if the 3-dimensional surface extrapolation actually matched what the human eye reads from the 2-dimensional photograph. Oftentimes, it is just a play of light and shadows.

There is software that also determines whether or not an image was digitally altered in any way (to see if areas in the photograph were intentionally obscured or altered). It wouldn't be the first time that NASA photos have been digitally altered for popular consumption, for whatever reason, but it would usually a wise idea to shore up one's case before making such assertions.

A Healthy Skeptic (and Archeology Undergrad)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
not to forget the pyramids on mars...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join