It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly on Mars: weird object

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
As suggested by some other members, i've decided to open a thread about this find:
I don't know if these pics have already been posted here:

Sources:
anomaliasemmarte.no.sapo.pt...
www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...

I'm not claiming that there are spaceships there, i'm just curious...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'll hazard a guess that the streaks in other parts of the photos are the result of windblown debris. So, I'll also guess that we are seeing additional windblown material? Don't know what, maybe steam venting or something? I think elsewhere on Mars, venting has been theorized to create some odd features.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Seen this before.

And the second photo, i'm convinced it's a NASA space shuttle crash site.

Even though 1st and second are same picture just different angles.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Might be crazy here but to me they look either like a rocket launcher station (those v2 rockets kind of type) or a big gun ... But like I said prolly to much coffee and going insane here.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That second picture looks like a space shuttle to me as well. I don't know what distance this picture was taken from, but it appears as though it would be alot larger than the shuttles we know about.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Way, way, way too large to be one of our space shuttles for sure. I normally don't comment on these things, since most of it takes too much imagination to see what I believe are natural objects... but that is a cool picture, it certainly does look like some giant rocket. And I don't have to squint, stand upside down with one eye open, poking my open eye while shining a light on my screen while someone draws 4 color diagrams to see it.

I would love to see a closeup of whatever it is, even if it were to turn out to be natural, it would still be cool.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tikal

I'm glad you say that because the first time I saw this photo, my first impression was that it looked like the shuttle just landed on the surface. Now I know I aint the only one. thanks!
cheers

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
....great find OP, the dimensions of the object area in question is too perfect to be wind-blown debris.

Anyone out there capable of zooming in the image? Should you be able to push to the limit before pixelation, we might be able to make out a little more then possible from the source material.

Flagged.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Originally posted by Tikal

Seen this before.

May I ask where ?

And the second photo, i'm convinced it's a NASA space shuttle crash site.

How do you come to be convinced ?

And, why a NASA shuttle ?

I'm not being contrite, I do have a
reason to ask.

Welcome to ATS.

Lex

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think it looks like a rocket launcher or large telescope. Now, the actual size of this thing could very well destroy the credibility of my guesses. But that's just what it looks like to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
To me they seem like monuments, i see sort of some shadows on the side and under them. THe first is similar to an Egyptian one and the second is more like a palace or plaza type.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'm curious about the dark streaks running NW to SE in the lower part of the bottom-most image.

Where's Mr. John Lear when we need him??????????

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I have seen SO many anomalous things from the orbiters and rovers nothing surprises me anymore. They want to get there is person in a bad way.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It's interesting looking, but whatever it is, it isn't a shuttle. They're designed for earth orbit only, right?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Maybe an experimental spaceship from Earth? Russians? China? USA? Maybe a craft from somewhere else out there? Maybe Mars is inhabited but we just haven't found them yet? Maybe they can't live on the surface so they live underground?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

No prob,

Seen it on another thread.

"NASA" is the only space company sort of thing I know of.

And i'm convinced because

An exact fit?

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Tikal]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
this is a really good find. I aint got the slighest clue what that could be it certainly does not look natural. At first glance it looks like some kind of docking station with a tower etc but it could just be an illusion who knows????

[edit on 6-10-2007 by onthefence81]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by onthefence81

The source is
www.msss.com...

Malin Space Science Systems
designs, develops, operates, and conducts scientific research
with instruments that fly on robotic spacecraft.

I think that yes, it should be reliable, IMHO (to answer to the question you made before you edited the post).

en.wikipedia.org...

direct link to the pic
www.msss.com...

[edit on 6/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Odd, but really nothing to see here.

Just one more pic in the long list of "What the (blank) is on this satalight picture from some other planet" pictures. A pic that shoes some strange anomaly on the surface of some distant planet.

THis one looks nice, and it is undoubtably a X-Wing

ANywayz, nice find, i got the pic saved

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
they kinda look like turrents you find in a sci-fi game kinda weird though

<<   2  3  4 >>

join