It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly on Mars: weird object

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Looks totally uninteresting to me - just a boring feature on the surface in which you can see whatever you want if you enlarge it beyond normal resolution.

Incidently - why 2 pictures: the 2nd being a reverse angle of the first?

Of course you can see whatever you see, but seeiing nothing out of the ordinary (its mars!) seems a little to easy.
Its indeed very boring to see an artificial feature on mars.

why 2 pictures? guess!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

I'm puzzeled, why is it uninteresting to see pics like that? surely anything that could prove that we are not alone is quite exciting isnt it!

I know about the "seeing faces in clouds" rubbish, but you have to admit this does look a little odd.

I've shown this pic to one of my friends who knows nothing about ufos / mars etc ... first thing he said when he saw it was "is that something from google earth" thinking it was some kind of building .... thing was there was no hesitation in his response so he didnt sit there thinking about what it could be, he just said it...

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Mr. rus,
Those that haven't pored over
images like these for years
will inevitably see something.

Those of us that have, will see
what it is.

Mountains, dirt, dust and some
debris.

Keep looking.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
OK, here we go!

This is a sort of "FACTORY AREA".

Oh well, my PaintshopPro abillities are not that good. But its not a shuttle. Look at the "misplaced " pipe. Its not parralel.

No not good enough fo me.

The Perspective of your buildings does not look good IMO. It looks like a play of our perception to me.

The perspective should look like this IMO:

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Pjotr]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I guess there can be a differences in the right perspective of the structure. I dont think I am that wrong in my attempt however.

I understand I have to see dust and rocks as Lexion suggests. Well, better to leave that post aside to me. IMO its more ridiculous to say its a rock then to say its artificial
But thats only me. Oh wait its not...

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Lunica]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the o.k.

The link worked fine for me. The object is definitely there.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't have much to add to this thread but having viewed other threads relating to objects and structures on the moon and mars this is definitely the most convincing I've seen. There's definitely structure there, no doubt about that.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

anyone notice these????? what are they?
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
It's interesting looking, but whatever it is, it isn't a shuttle. They're designed for earth orbit only, right?

So they keep telling us.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i'm just wondering what's probably manufactured in this complex... even though we'll never know that we can say at least that the architecture is of human human origin! (at least it appears to me like that) anyway nice find!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Easy prediction: There are so incredibly many anomolies on Mars that, once there are finally manned missions there, the evidence of an ancient civilization will be immediately apparent upon our arrival. AND the evidence of mainly ignorance, but also blatant cover-up of evidence of intelligent life there on the part of the "Man" will be revealed.

I refer to an earlier thread about the huge holes on Mars. If every one of them - roughly 100 meters across and so sheer (and deep, deep, deep) a drop as to have no edges - really are massive cave entrances only, in the least it's evidence of entranceways to something unimaginably huge underground there... My money is on good ol' NASA/the National Security state using Microsoft Paint or the like. Those things look TOO perfect, and there's other very apparent tampering going on. Here's the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or here's the original article:

www.planetary.org...

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Lightworth]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
heres a thought.................. maybe were looking at something that has been destroyed or something that has crumbled over time. Such as a tower or maybe bridge supports? I am trying to compare to earthly structures which is probably the wrong thing to do.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Wow. You can absolutely see a structure of some sort there, no question. What in the world could that thing be?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsRus
ok, i found the "object" on the image and have run it through a few filters in photoshop and it seems to have cleaned it up a bit ..... see what you think.

Nice work, scepticsRus!

I turned your image over on it's side, from this perspective it looks like a structure that has toppled over, it's legs having buckled as it collapsed.

Not unlike a structure built upon pylons.

Judging from the coherent direction of the streaks/lines pointed out by Pjotr, I would venture to guess it may have fallen in line with the prevailing winds.

Typical wind speeds in the Martian atmosphere exceed 200 km/hr (or 125 miles/hr). Gusts can often reach 500 to 600 km/hr (or 300-375 miles/hr). Typical Wind speeds at the surface during a dust storm, as measured by the Viking landers, are typically about 30 m/sec (or 67.5 miles/hr).

Source | Geology of Mars | Aeolian | Wind Mechanics

There's also a good explanation concerning the color differences of the streaks from the same site:
Source | Geology of Mars | Aeolian | Wind Streaks

Or, disappointingly, all these features could simply be Martian yardangs:

In addition, wind eroded parallel ridges, called yardang on Earth, can also be found on Mars...yardangs that resemble inverted keels of sailboats that are arranged parallel to each other...

Source | Geology of Mars | Aeolian | Aeolian Surfaces

I like to entertain the thought, however, that what we see here is an artificial structure, quite possibly of ancient lineage, that has succumbed to the ever-present winds of the ages.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Internos, amazing find!!
Flagged and starred!

I've outlined what I think I perceive to be. More intriguing is the structure on the left of the crater....

Cheers! Keep looking. The truth is out there!!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Internos, amazing find!!
Flagged and starred!

I've outlined what I think I perceive to be. More intriguing is the structure on the left of the crater....

The left structure looks more like two walls with something in between. You also can see 2 box shaped objects in front of eachother. I think the "device" in between the two walls is more like something you came up with then the "elephant" thing I pointed out earlier.

btw: Dont you see the "pipe" on the right structure? It appears to be not in the same allignment as the main structure.

It could accommodate a drilling machine? Or its the top of a pipe going into the ground?

As longer as I look at it, this is absolute one of the most significant pics of mars.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Lunica]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Internos, amazing find!!
Flagged and starred!

Thank you Mike, i've been waiting for you here

Interesting your find, even the Lunica's one.
What could be those things?

Originally posted by goosdawg

Nice work, scepticsRus!

I turned your image over on it's side, from this perspective it looks like a structure that has toppled over, it's legs having buckled as it collapsed.

Not unlike a structure built upon pylons.

Judging from the coherent direction of the streaks/lines pointed out by Pjotr, I would venture to guess it may have fallen in line with the prevailing winds.

There's also a good explanation concerning the color differences of the streaks from the same site:

Or, disappointingly, all these features could simply be Martian yardangs:

In addition, wind eroded parallel ridges, called yardang on Earth, can also be found on Mars...yardangs that resemble inverted keels of sailboats that are arranged parallel to each other

I like to entertain the thought, however, that what we see here is an artificial structure, quite possibly of ancient lineage, that has succumbed to the ever-present winds of the ages.

goosdawg, thank you for your analysis on this thread.
I have to say that i kept these pics away for some days before decide to post them in order to read interesting opinions like yours.
Ad yours are not only opinions, but possible solutions to the enigma whic have some basis, and i appreciate it.
I've watched many pics of the area similar the one of the pic, and of many others area of Mars.
Since i don't like to look as one who wants to deceive the people, i said from the start that i'm not claming that this is a spaceship or somehow something that is not natural. Anyway, after seeing some (thousands, maybe?)
pics from Mars i can safely state that i've never seen something "similar" nor "alike": i state it honestly, basing what i state on what i've actually seen.
What is sure so far is that they looks to be 3D objects, with straight lines and other geometric parts, composed by materials which looks different from the surroundings, and of a certain complexity: many things looks geometric in them, but maybe i'm the only who see it so, and this would mean that i'm wrong, and the thread should be closed, and i would accept it peacefully. What we're interested to is the thruth, and the truth may have a nice face or a hugly one: it doesn't matter what face it will have this time, what is important is that it will be the one of the truth

To be correct, i have to say too that so far what is missing is the SYMMETRY: and the symmetry is always a good clue.

I'm having hard time to find pics from the same area: i'd like that some experts from that planet could help us. Of course i noticed that its orientation matches the direction of the wind: but some artifacts could have been developed to behave exactly so. And it looks to have a shadow below, at least IMHO (its more visible in some other enlargements, smaller than this one).
What i mean is that a pic of the same area would be much helpful in order to try to understand its origin, but the analysis so far have been all interesting and i say "thanks to everyone"!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica

Internos, amazing find!!
Flagged and starred!

The left structure looks more like two walls with something in between. You also can see 2 box shaped objects in front of eachother. I think the "device" in between the two walls is more like something you came up with then the "elephant" thing I pointed out earlier.

btw: Dont you see the "pipe" on the right structure? It appears to be not in the same allignment as the main structure.

It could accommodate a drilling machine? Or its the top of a pipe going into the ground?

As longer as I look at it, this is absolute one of the most significant pics of mars.

I would like to be a positive as all you guys. I found the treephoto's more conclusive than this.

Could ANYONE just have a look at the perspective. Look at my input ont his. The buildings you draw look like they are standing in a almost 45 degree angle to the surface!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Ok, I have been looking at the perspective again and just accepting for arguments sake that this is a building I concluded that the white surfaces are the sides of the building instead of the top as seen in the drawings of others. I used the circle craterlike form as a reference point.

See my attempts here:

comments?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

Hmmm....You seem to have a very valid point!
Heck, what's the angle of incidence we're looking at here? That's the crux of the issue. If you look long enough at all the pictures, the perspective seems right in all of them! Optical illusion?

Cheers!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join