It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly on Mars: weird object

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dznetworks

Originally posted by yuefo
It's interesting looking, but whatever it is, it isn't a shuttle. They're designed for earth orbit only, right?

So they keep telling us.

Who is 'THEY'??? That's not what THEY are telling me...
Stay tuned...

Originally posted by andre18
i'd say, it's a human craft possibly mining some sort of metal

Not a bad guess... but not metal in this case

Originally posted by spikedmilk
in the vertical perspective, does anybody possibly see a shape resembling the concept "delta wing or the X-33" shuttle"? It may just be me, my experience with this research is pale compared to others.....

Getting closer... much closer....

I'm afraid to ask because I've noticed no has mentioned Hoagland. But has anybody brought up these incredible pictures to him? I've yet to see him reference any of these.

LOL Richard has his website... and he is the 'competition' ATS has its own competent researchers
Like Internos...

This should help. Maybe, we have landed on Mars, but they never mentioned anything? I think that this is quite possible, could have been planning this for years.

Yes we did... late 60's...

Odds are that it went wrong, and so these people tried to survive as long as they could(if they survived the trip/crash), making a special building to leak all the oxygen into, and have it secured into there?

It didn't go wrong....

This is just another one of my wild guesses, that could go horribly wrong.

Not bad all of you
(and others I did not single out..)

Of course I can already see the skeptics swarming at the door about to bust in.... but before they do.....

Continued....

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Nice Work Internos

Star Flag and Posted

It seems you may have spotted my Cargo Ship 'in action'...

Mars Global Surveyor
MOC narrow angle image M11-01782
Sample south polar terrain
"AQUILA CARGO SHIP"
Added by Pegasus
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Layout of the area....

The area where this anomaly is located is in the South Polar region, so what you are seeing is a field of ice... most likely mainly CO2 Ice....

The black streaks are the geysers mentioned in my last post... zoom in on them and compare them to the collection available here... Geysers on Mars

In the top right corner we see white geysers, a much more rare occurrence.

The 'anomaly' appears to be resting in a hole in the ice. (see below)

Many in the thread have immediately responded that it 'looks like the Space Shuttle'. It does indeed look a lot like the shuttle to be sure... One poster commented that they didn't think the Shuttle could leave Earth orbit...

However there is another one... one that is not public knowledge... below is a drawing of it... This one is specially outfitted to carry a special cargo vessel between LEO, the moon and Mars...

Below is a side by side comparison of the two....

Before the Skeptics rain down on this... look at these two documents...

Document One:
Excerpts to note:

This is a report of a work in progress...

It is called Aquila. This vehicle can deliver over 50 tons to low Earth orbit from the Kennedy Space Center, using a combination of Space Shuttle and Delta IV Heavy components....

At L-1, three of these once used stages are fitted with landing gear and other elements needed to produce a highly capable Lunar Vehicle and it is refueled from propellants delivered from Earth to place the base and to provide a single visit of a six person crew to aid the robotic operations necessary to produce a fully functional base.

Work continues on the “pay-off” phase; that is, further missions making use of the propellants obtained from the shallow “gravity well” of the Moon.

A Mars mission departing from L-1 with mass of 686 tons can be placed on the trans Marstrajectory expending lunar origin propellants and just one of the Lunar Vehicles, requiring an additional 13 Aquila launches.

SOURCE: LPI 6013 PDF

The Aquila is built by Star Craft boosters...
Star Craft boosters is owned by Buzz Aldrin

All related info is here... AQUILA

Document Two:

US PATENT 5,092,545

Method of Delivering Lunar Generated Fluid to Earth Orbit Using an External Tank

Publication number: US5092545
Publication date: 1992-03-03
Inventor: BUTTERFIELD ANSEL J (US); GOSLEE JOHN W (US)
Applicant: NASA (US)

ABSTRACT

A method and apparatus are provided for delivering lunar generated fluid to Earth orbit from lunar orbit. Transport takes place in an external tank of a shuttle which has been suitably outfitted in Earth orbit for reusable travel between Earth orbit and a lunar orbit. The outfitting of the external tank includes the adding of an engine, an electrical system, a communication system, a guidance system, an aerobraking device, and a plurality of interconnected fluid storage tanks to the hydrogen and oxygen tanks of the external tank. The external tank is then propelled to lunar orbit the first time using Earth based propellant. In lunar orbit, the storage tanks are filled with the lunar generated fluid with the remainder tank volumes filled with lunar generated liquid oxygen and hydrogen which serve as propellants for returning the tank to Earth orbit where the fluid is off-loaded. The remaining lunar generated oxygen and hydrogen is then sufficient to return the external tank to lunar orbit so that a subsequent cycle of fluid delivery is repeated. A space station in a higher Earth orbit is preferably used to outfit the external tank, and a lunar node in lunar orbit is used to store and transfer the fluid and liquid oxygen and hydrogen to the external tank. The lunar generated fluid is preferably 3He.

PATENT

BTW there is a similar one in Copernicus crater taken by Lunar Orbiter 5 in 1967...

And another one on Farside taken by Clementine in 1994...

[edit on 28-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

[...........]

In this case we want 3rd row 4th from left and it will be mc11.html

This takes you to here
www.msss.com...

This is the map projected images... Unfortunately there is NO EASY WAY to find the one you want.... you have to pass the mouse over to find the strip number's location

Okay on to the 'anomaly'

There is however "an easier way".
When being here:
www.msss.com...

Rightclick Outside the "clickable photo".
Go to [view source].
Find the MOC number (ctrl f)
Copy the last part of that url in the adresline... like:
images/M11/M1101944.html

and you get:
www.msss.com... + images/M11/M1101944.html

In this way you can much faster find a MOC number.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
As a blind close-minded resident "skeptic" and pesky "debunker" I believe this may be one of those "diamond in the rough" threads here on ATS. I often complain about having to weed through 99.999% of woo woo bunk to stumble on something that has merit and warrants further thought.

As for what I think it is I will keep to myself, however I do not, at this time, think it is a natural formation. However, I ruined it. Having being human and coming to a conclusion before looking into it, I can't really look into it objectively from this point on and have to give up. Oh, the perils of being a debunker, lol.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'm afraid to ask because I've noticed no has mentioned Hoagland. But has anybody brought up these incredible pictures to him? I've yet to see him reference any of these.

LOL Richard has his website... and he is the 'competition' ATS has its own competent researchers
Like Internos...

AHHH, I finally get it. Thank you much Zorgon!

[edit on 28-10-2007 by spikedmilk]

[edit on 28-10-2007 by spikedmilk]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Having read this whole thread, I am struck by a few things, so I'll post them as just that; random thoughts on a thread.

Pjotr mentioned how the "items" line up with other more obvious wind lines. If I were wanting to remain "stable" in either the building phase or in landing a craft, I certainly would not want to be broadside to the prevailing winds.

Those who have a hard time seeing anything much in the picture have my understanding. Just remember that if you were looking at the Denver Airport, with the runways covered by an ice storm so as not to give it away, you would have an equally hard time figuring out what the hell that strange thing was too.

And as a human, I think a polar region would be a likely candidate for any species to use for resources on a world like Mars, so the general location is ideal in the context of it being artificial.

A star and a flag on a very interesting post. Good job here.

And is it just me or have the skeptics taken the day off?

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's interesting, although it would be a lot more interesting if there weren't similar looking features in the area nearby. Blurry enlargements aside, I'm afraid what you're seeing is blowing CO2 frost accumulation and drifting.

If you're from an area of the world where snow falls, you'll recognize the pattern. There's a dark feature on one end that the wind hits, maybe a boulder or a small crater rim, and the frost/snow falls behind it. You can see that the crater has accumulated some CO2 snow in it, too.

Here's an earthly example on a smaller scale. The aerodynamic processes are the same, though.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
There is however "an easier way".

DOH!!! Giving away the 'view source' secret???

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Here's an earthly example on a smaller scale. The aerodynamic processes are the same, though.

Interesting!!! So ummm what are all those 'dark objects' sticking out of the 'snow accumulation' in the above photo? I suppose it would be illogical to assume they are wood? And which one is the Skier?

The thing about imagery study is that it does help to have a mind trained in recognition... for example this image...

Even I did not spot the 'trailer with vertical object' yet this photo was used by the RAF to plan bombing runs at Peenemunde, Germany.

The point is there are those who do have the skills to identify things in photos and not everyone can see what they see...

If this wasn't the case, and there was nothing to be seen in these photos, NASA, the DoD and the Air force would not need to spend so much money hiring image analysists....

Of course they have the advantage on us.... THEY have the raw data and high res images

Your right this is a smaller scale... judging by the twig in the lower right

[edit on 28-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Odd, but really nothing to see here.
THis one looks nice, and it is undoubtably a X-Wing quote]

Curious you say 'nothing to see' yet 'undoubtably a X-Wing' in the same sentence...

LOL i LOVE first impressions they say so much

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The point is there are those who do have the skills to identify things in photos and not everyone can see what they see...

You have to admit, though, that identifying things in the context of an Earth photo is a little different than identifying things in a Mars photo. After all, in an Earth photo, we already know there may be things in it like roads and airplanes and rocket launchers, and if we find something that kind of looks like those things, then the odds are much better that the photo is showing those things. Close enough is good enough, even for the experts.

On the other hand, since Mars probably doesn't have any of those things, we need a much better level of matching than we would for an Earth photo. We need something that is much more clear and unambiguous before we come up with an identification because the standard is higher. Otherwise, it's just something that sort of looks like something else. And that's not very good proof, becase simulacra are everywhere. We all have our own standards, though. Mine are a little higher than yours. Mike's standards are that if an object in an way vaguely looks even sort of like something, then that's what it undoubtedly, absolutely, positively, is. No question. Me, I got question.

There's also a matter of expectation. I find it interesting that so many Mars "anomalies" are described as something fantastical. That is, they're crashed space ships or pyramids or glass subway tubes or something. I mean, we barely have any of these things on Earth, and they'd be really hard to spot in a satellite photo. But they seem to be lying around everywhere on Mars.

Personally, I tend to think that if there was a fairly decent amount of human-like alien activity on Mars, then the bulk of the remaining visible artifacts would be the common things we might see satellite photos of Earth. Roads leading to and from some kind of stations or farms, maybe with a couple obvious little buildings here and there. Ordinary stuff that would be needed to live there. But Mars anomalies tend toward the big, telltale or sci-fi. I find that curious. There's a definite lack of just ordinary stuff on Mars.

Anyway, it's just a matter of time before the surface of Mars is imaged in high enough detail to get a better look at these things. I suspect, though, that a lot of it will go the way of The Face, which certainly went out of style as proof positive of Martian wonderfulness ever since we got a lot better look at it. Although Hoagland is still beating that drum, long after the band has gone home.

Believe what you want, I guess. It's not hurting anybody, and it's somewhat amusing to see what you guys will come up with next.

An anomaly in every photo!

[edit on 28-10-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Close enough is good enough, even for the experts.

On the other hand, since Mars probably doesn't have any of those things,

But that is only because you begin with the assumption that "Mars probably doesn't have any of those things"

I find it interesting that so many Mars "anomalies" are described as something fantastical.

LOL That's human nature... label it what you think it looks like even NASA is guilty of that IE "Blue berries"

Believe what you want, I guess. It's not hurting anybody,

Oh but it is... didn't you know? Its our intent to brainwash everyone here and make them join our cult... Now look into the flashing light.....

INCA CITY Labeled by NASA Comparison by SETI

Check out the support files

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Lets try this one....

A round sphere in the middle of nowhere?

MSSS M1301525

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Spec of dust in front of the camera or spot on camera lens

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
THIS IS MARS....

IT IS NOT TOTALLY RED...THERE IS SOME BLUE STUFF TOO.

NASA HAS BEEN LYING....

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Spec of dust in front of the camera or spot on camera lens

Astute observation...

Now how about the HERD of 'critters'? Hmmm?

Creepy little critters aren't they?

MSSS R1901066

But my favorite one has to be this one....

MOC narrow-angle image AB1-08405
SOUTHEAST FLOOR OF WEST CANDOR CHASMA

MSSS AB108405

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Congratulations. I am sold out on MARS.

NASA is truly Lying and Dark Mission will soon expose NASA

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Do you have another picture of your "critters" taken at a later time (hours, days, months, years...whatever) that could be used to indicate movement?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I do not, at this time, think it is a natural formation.

Am i reading this right? Is their subtle humour in your post that i haven't noticed?

Are you actually conceding that you see something that isn't natural? I just need clarification at the moment i will remain skeptical.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I do believe that is the Gestrial egg caravan from the south polar region on their annual pilgrimage to the swamps of Cydonia for the blessing ritual in the great domed cathedral of St Zorgon.

I really like the ones that look like they're all tuckered out, and laying on their backs to rest beside the trail. Poor things.

That may become my favorite new photo.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join