It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomaly on Mars: weird object

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here,
www.msss.com...

in the ancillary data for MOC narrow-angle image M11-01782
(this one)
www.msss.com...

they says:

2,83 Km = 1,76 miles.

So here's a cropped part of the pic with a ruler at the top, in order to try to determine its approx size.
(I hope is correct, but please take it with a grain of salt)

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Umm..so that would be one big ass shuttle right ? So it can't be a shuttle ?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightunseen

Area of the pic width: 1,76 mi. = 9292.8 ft

The space shuttle lenght should be, if i'm correct, 184 feet

[edit on 6/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think it's interesting that whatever it is, sits on something shaped exactly like a perfect 5-point star.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It DOES look like a pretty much perfect star shape!! Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidence too often, and with all of the anomalies that are swirling around Mars, it is likley that we are looking at either a craft on a landing zone with a star shape, or some type buildings with tanks attached; the odd tail shape though looks for sure like an aircraft type tail, but antigravtity type craft do not depend on wind factors and don't need tails and wings, etc. Interplanetary vehicles would not need to bother with atmospheric entries, and so no tail needed. The Shuttle would be the worst of all vehicles to send to Mars; if the size of that thing really is thousands of feet long, then I go with an odd shaped building with tanks alongside; the tank looking things are too far forward to be used on a craft like a shuttle..odd, isn't it?

Very interesting catch there OP!! It looks for SURE manufactured and is real evidence of a populated Mars; by whom not determined yet but for sure that is not some artifact of nature!!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It looks to be around 1/17 of the width of the pic, IMHO.

This would mean: 9292/17 = 546 feet approx. Of course i could be wrong...

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Like I said earlier, it looks like a shuttle type craft. On the other hand the face on Mars looked convincing also. If you think about it you would need a larger craft on a manned Mars mission due to the long time people would be aboard. They would have to be able to get up and move around, they couldn't sit the entire time. And they would have to eat. I am not an expert but I think we are talking about a 6 month journey or more. Aren't we?

After going to great lengths to get people to the planet, I would think you would take supplies to use, and for setting up some sort of permant (for lack of a better term) beach head. Or at least to attempt survival there in case you could not get back.

Long story short, if we did, or do in fact go to mars the only way a shuttle type craft would make sense is if it were much larger than the current fleet.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by Lightunseen

Area of the pic width: 1,76 mi. = 9292.8 ft

The space shuttle lenght should be, if i'm correct, 184 feet

[edit on 6/10/2007 by internos]

Oh ok
Though that's kinda weird....like thinking that there would be a shuttle in mars. Why would they do that ?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Suprise Surprise Suprise!

When you go directly to the Malin website to download the FULL UNPROCESSED IMAGE, gues what?
It's offline.
My guess is, that with the number of hits it's been getting, they said " oh, oh. We'd better take a look at what's in that frame, they found what we have, and now are "re-processing" the frame.
I sure hope someone has saved the original on another server, cause I have a feeling when it comes back up on the Malin websit, there will be some "changes" to it.

Try to get it here:

www.msss.com...

This would be a slow download due to it's size, if it's back up.
I could not DL it.
Anyone else?
The "processed" version comes up just fine....

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Interesting image, Internos!

Any idea from which direction this image is lit?

Knowing this would assist in determining whether the "tail" of the "spaceship" is an actual physical feature or a shadow cast by a ridgeline.

Perhaps the areas that make up the body of the "spaceship" are simply lighter colored surface deposits.

Or maybe it IS an artificial object.

It looks like the object purported to be ancient mining machinery or a spaceship on the moon.

The first link in your original post, contained some very interesting images.

The one I found most interesting was the image of the "tetrapod."

Thanks for the great finds, Internos!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Thank you!

About you question, it seems that all the infos about the pic are here:
www.msss.com...
i don't know how useful they could be...

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If you want to get the image ... follow this link to the hosts page, then goto the image link, dont click on the link to view it ... right click and "save as" you can download it from there quite easily.

Image link

I did had a look at the servers response to the image request and it seems to be serving partial content as the server response code is a 206.

HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 19:28:11 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.20 (Unix)
Last-Modified: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:19:08 GMT
ETag: "d32b64-4aa40d-39cf269c"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 4889543
Content-Range: bytes 2118-4891660/4891661
Content-Type: image/gif

If you are having problems viewing this image, let me know and i will post what i downloaded from that site.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by scepticsRus]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
ok, i found the "object" on the image and have run it through a few filters in photoshop and it seems to have cleaned it up a bit ..... see what you think.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
looks to me like a landing pad....or maybe some kind of entrance to a base?

anyone agree?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ooooh, that looks really good. Please, Oh PLEASE, let it be the real McCoy!

As of the above date, there's been no debunkers shouting fake or CGI...does this suggest the photo is that good? Though I'm desperate to know what it axctually is, I'm not holding my breath on it being legit ...even though

the object in the image does seem extremely odd: standing out starkly from the surroundings as it does. And it certainly looks artificial...(Oh please oh please oh please...) Where are the photo experts when we need them? and for nothing else then to let us down gently?

I'm not gonna even begin to try and deduce what it may be. If it is real, where the heck would you start logically? Could be ours: could be theirs...

but it's certainly interesting.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
OK, here we go!

This is a sort of "FACTORY AREA".

Oh well, my PaintshopPro abillities are not that good. But its not a shuttle. Look at the "misplaced " pipe. Its not parralel.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Looks totally uninteresting to me - just a boring feature on the surface in which you can see whatever you want if you enlarge it beyond normal resolution.

Incidently - why 2 pictures: the 2nd being a reverse angle of the first?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
As suggested by some other members, i've decided to open a thread about this find:
I don't know if these pics have already been posted here:

I'm not claiming that there are spaceships there, i'm just curious...

I am pretty convinced that researching all these photos is a good cause, but I have been busy with these "Rorshach tests" for a while now and I must say this one I do not like, simply because the direction of the white lines is exactly the same as the other white lines in that area. It looks like erosion or some other stuff that is left behind and spread by the wind. The Space shuttle photos are hilarious! Sorry, but I found them quite funny, and I am not out here to ridicule this subject. The building shapes in the post above are very interesting though. Still the direction should differ in my view or there must be a valid other reason for all those lines to point in the same direction.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Pjotr]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
OK, here we go!

This is a sort of "FACTORY AREA".

Oh well, my PaintshopPro abillities are not that good. But its not a shuttle. Look at the "misplaced " pipe. Its not parralel.

I agree with you Lunica. Looks more like a building/spaceport to me. Mind you there are some really weird shaped UFO's from what I have seen. Just look at the odd UFO witnessed by Apollo 11 astronauts en route to the moon.

Thanks to OP for this.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

there almost seems to be a shadow under the main structure though !
The "building" to the left kinda looks like a maya pyramid

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join