It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

I agree with the Mars earth connection, and the beings wanting to sculp their images in rock as a so called legacy, but a portion of a rock... I think not, unless it was an abondoned edifice that was to be turned into a temple.

Cidonia, was obviously a temple, but I would suggest a real face HERE would be surrounded by more temple sculture. Yet I think your connection is true, even if this is not an example of it. But who knows, maybe a better picture would bear you out. Good thought !!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Hi gottago. I can understand the point your making. But I’m going to beg to differ. I don’t think of mars as in “I believe civilization is still there.” Rather there was. When I see things like this on mars, I think of a civilization that once was. But long gone as regards to road and plaza you won’t find roads and plaza around the Easter Island statues. There in the middle of nowhere. For all we know there could be more around the other side. Or on other rock faces, we haven’t looked at yet. As regards to the lines crossing certain parts of the face. It dose not in my opinion dismiss it as a statue. Example below (right). Also the Cube shape(left)that is similar to the one on mars. body wise
However, I do appreciate your interest and input just as much as every one else’s.

[edit on 18/5/08 by iammonkey]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that this rock is a natural formation. You can't see any other indicators that some inteligent being made that. If it were made by some being you would probably see another few of those on this wall. But still it's an amazing image ... and it's not from earth

And i found a strange looking rock in the left bottom corner of this pic ... it's a perfectly shaped rock with a hole in the midle ...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I have to agree iwth iammonkey. We see the amazing detail of the egyptian sculptures because they havent been eroded by time. Whos to say that there wasnt an ancient civilization on mars a few million years ago. Wind and sand would do a lot to disguise every aspect of it in that amount of time. I know thats an outrageous claim, but it has not been proven impossible in my opinion.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2
reply to post by xweaponx

Ok.. but I cant help wonder if the 'hacking' issue is all part of the plan... its not like they arent smart enough to plan so many steps ahead.. the chess strategy psychological lot they are.. its what they do isnt it? whats stopping NASA from creating photo anomalies... and then letting them get hacked?

Where can I read about the whole hacking / chinese issue and what you just said please? [save me googling]

I'll look for them right now. I have to remember what it was under but I heard about it about 1 month ago.

www.youtube.com...

If you do some research around you will see he is STILL in jail and all of it. The charges are true and was caught in the act.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Yes, and it looks like some small squares were made to cover something on the NAZA original.

Its amazing to see how many of you have not noticed!!

I was trained at DINFOS, look it up.

Sensitizing an image is standard practice when by releasing a piece of information would cause unrepairable damage to national security.

They only way to overcome business as usual is to launch your own rocket or craft with a package of sensing devices.

If the Air Force doesn't blow it up first, you might actually get to see something.

No I'm not John Lear or Sleeper or any person that has inside information, but I know what I was trained to do when ordered to. It still goes on.

Since the British have released their UFO's files and the Pope has declared that believing in beings from other planets is OK, I'd say we're not far off from a lot of old men suddenly turning up missing or suffering from a sudden stroke so that their secrets remain with them.

Your right. Maybe NASA is sitting back and laughing at us because they know these images are DOCTORED. Meaning there is such thing as "filtered" images the ones you and I see released to the public and you can clearly tell there are some black marks on the images or small things that are covered up. And then there is "unfiltered" the ones ONLY TOP clearance people get to see.

Say theres a Holiday INN sitting up on mars. Would be see it. Nope. The rover tho would be getting a room tho

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Cheers buddy
so much I research I cant fit it all in and I forget you know how it is.

Peace

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I do believe that there was an ancient civilization one time ... but you can't see any other signs on the wall (if it were artificial i bet there would be more that one of those) so i think it's just an "interesting" rock ...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Although it looks very interesting and intriguing, it all comes down to 'Pareidolia': a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. It's nice to think there could once have been an ancient civilization on Mars, but better evidence is required to prove the theory. So far, IMO, there hasn't been any. Until a clear, undeniable picture ever surfaces I think it is pretty safe to put pictures like this one to bed, that goes for so-called pyramids on Mars, The Face, and the alien/bigfoot/jesus "statue"

Until something like the picture below is ever released/leaked and is confirmed, I will believe Mars is a dry dead world devoid of any intelligent life, be it past or present.

[edit on 18/5/08 by Agent Venom]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi davidjayjordan. There are statues around the world big and small that stand alone. Yes I know people would want more statues surrounding this one. I know I would. As regard the mars connection, well I don’t believe in coincidences. we had the face on mars, that some say resembles one in Egypt, the whole cidonia thing, this picture, and lets not for get the pyramids.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I ran the dodge tool (brightener tool) over that Egyptian statue.. below are the results... interesting!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

thanks for sharing..this only confirms my beliefs that life did & does exist on mars.

and thanks for the other people looking into this....very cool

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It indeed looks like an Egyptian Statue.... but ..... altho I'm convinced there was a Martian Culture long long ago, I don't think this is the REAL thing.

Why not??

- When you see the 'figure' placed in the rocks, it's high up in between some other rocks (Egyptian Statues stand with their 'feet 'on the ground they don't start somewhere high up in a rock/mountain

- The human eye is trained to see faces/figures in everything from a very early age

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is a great picture, I suppose there is the possibility of it being a coincidence when you use the "sleep in the clouds" argument. especially as it being a lone statue in the middle of a cliff. This is what will be used to debunk it for sure.

But the resemblance to some egyptian Pharao statues is extraordinary to say the least. I wonder if there are more things to be found it we sift through other NASA photo´s.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I was just thinking. (uh-oh.) If there was an ancient civilization on Mars when there were presumed oceans and rivers, there would neccessarily have to have been a much thicker atmosphere.

That atmosphere and water would result in weather patterns that continuously erode and reshape the terrain. Their are very few recognizable craters on Earth because the weather quickly ("quickly" in geological terms, anyway) gets rid of them. The crater in Arizona exists because it was created relatively recently and in a desert.

This "Egyptian statue" exists in a crater wall. If this is a genuine relic of an ancient civilization, it was carved in the side of a crater that was formed recently to that civilization (since it existed in their time), but shortly before Mars lost it's significant atmosphere (since it hasn't been eroded away since the carving).

If the crater were formed during a time that Mars had a significant atmosphere (which tends to rip sizable meteors apart), the impact that created it would have been very destructive and perhaps left the surrounding area uninhabitable for a very long time.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Hi there
At first I have to say I've been reading the whole site and it's great! I do like too much this topic, really nice.

And the image you posted is quite great and interesting. It looks like a kind of 'cranium'. I do believe there might be life or there was at some time, but we will never know exactly the truth because as is known the nnasa has hidden many things.

While ago I have been listening that the Egyptian pyramids had been built (or helped) for Aliens and in fact, they appears in the drawing they used to made - I am sorry i dont know the exactly word of it

Could someone tell more about it? I would be so pleased to read

PS: I've been trying to join but I can't - if I can in the next few days I'll be back here

Greetings,
Kary

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of speculation about why a statue, if it is one, would be in such a remote location, with no evidence of other creative work done nearby.

We seldom really understand earthly "religions", so this could well be placed in a remote spot for some reason we could hardly imagine. It could be a fertility figure that pilgrimages were made to. The desert setting could have been a test of faith for believers.

What I'm saying is, to dismiss this on the grounds that it's remote and inaccessable, is making a sweeping assumption based on nothing at all.

This may, or may NOT, be an artifact. But deciding if it's worth looking into based on such assumptions as some given in this thread seems rather narrow minded.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
Where can I read about the whole hacking / chinese issue and what you just said please? [save me googling]

Chinese moon issues..

China successfully launches first lunar probe
www.abovetopsecret.com...

images from china's "chang'e 1"...

First Moon Picture from Japanese Orbiter

Is no one at ATS interested in WHY there are NO images coming from China? or Japan? Skeptics touted these two as going to show us loonies what's what... WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

Gary McKinnon
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Support site for Gary in the UK with updated court and case info
freegary.org.uk...

[edit on 18-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Localjoe3

Yes this is definitely very easily noticeable so much that anyone that looks at the image should notice straight away. I did. NASA edited this image already!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Venomit all comes down to 'Pareidolia'

Good grief another one.. we already covered 'Pareidolia' and as you cannot prove we are wrong, its only your opinion

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And you cannot prove it is a statue of some sort created by intelligent beings, that also, is opinion, as is 99% of the other posts made in this thread.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join