It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Mars, like the Earth, has many colours.

As you have seen some areas are blue, some have white rocks with brownish ground covered with blue spheres, some have white rocks and blue rocks with brownish ground and some are a redish brown.

All the images above and in my previous post were made using the photos from the L4, L5 and L6 filters, corresponding to the red, green and blue wave lengths, making the closest we (not NASA) can do to a true colour image.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hmm. It appears to have rows of spikes on it.

That's the strangest rock I've ever seen.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ok...That's just a little too much. I've seen so many photos of mars anomalies and have dismissed all of them(not in content but in interest), this is just too much for even me to dismiss this time. Sorry I'm late in the thread here. And don't have time to go though it...Have we seen and examined the originals? Have we gotten word from NASA? Anything?

Edit to add:

You know, here on earth this particular statues are commonly done in two's or more. This could be another coincidence, but it sure is convincing.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I agree with you.
If this was really water it would probably reflect sunlight. The color is what is deceiving. That and all the little mini sand-dunes. But there could very well have been water in the past.

-ChriS

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
thats very cool. the way its almost sitting there like a throne or something. it looks like possibly some sort of leader?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Hmm. It appears to have rows of spikes on it.

That's the strangest rock I've ever seen.

It almost seems to be encased in something.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Once more, that is a "collateral damage" of the super-resolution algorithm.

But I noticed now that that image looks a little wider than the original.

"My" image looks much worse because it is only a re-sample, not a super-resolution version, but at least it does not suffer from those artifacts.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You know, here on earth this particular statues are commonly done in two's or more. This could be another coincidence, but it sure is convincing.

Actually, if you follow the cliff to the left a ways, you will find another niche in the rock shaped almost like the first one with the "statue". It's empty, as if the work wasn't done, or the "statue" had fallen.

Not saying I'm totally convinced of anything, just interested.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Upon even further inspection with my eyes close to the screen, there are several parts in the slope leading to the left from the figures head that have some degradation in quality. They could be Jpg compression tiles but I don't have PS on this machine to know for sure...They could be little spots of tampering who knows.

It's the slope that leads off at an angle at say 5 or 6 degrees from the left side(The figures right) of the head of the figure. It then turns forming one of these < . It is in this < that exists a few small rectangular and square shaped, opaque anomalies.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Heres some stuff I found people posted about but I thought Id make it clearer with a piece of the photo. I think this is highly suspicious!

[edit on 19-5-2008 by chris_stibrany]

[edit on 19-5-2008 by chris_stibrany]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Awesome Discovery! Though our minds was to see things in rocks and clouds, this appears to be carved out of the rock!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I apologise if this has been posted but I also found this while looking at the image:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
just so you know, to read my yellow text on that image just click on the image and it will open in a new window/tab. Then you can read mah important words O_O

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chris_stibrany

Look at the image I posted, those are artifacts created by the super-resolution algorithm, they do not exist on the original images.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
WOW! This was my first reaction. Very nice find

This is one of the best examples I have seen of such a statue on Mars. The similarity is estonishing.

Flag and star

Absolutely NO disrespect here, but that's because it's a real statue... on Earth. That is some damned fine photoshop work, but you can tell that the statue was added in, in post, because you can see where the image was set to fade into the rock, at the point where the right shoulder/arm of the statue begins to come down. Sadly, I saw all the images from the rover in the link provided, and no statue could be seen.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
or if there is a cover-up and huge conspiracy conducted by NASA, what would other scientists in other countries have to say about that?

Well IF there was such a conspiracy... you would have to find NASA involved in a big way in ALL the space agencies in the world...

And we KNOW that cannot be...

NASA And India Sign Agreement For Future Cooperation
NASA To Work With India on Moon Mission
U.S.- India Space Cooperation

NASA Japan Representative Field Office

"The NASA Japan Representative is based at the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo, Japan and is responsible for coordination of NASA programs and interests in Japan and other countries in the Asia Pacific Region. The NASA Japan Representative works with regional aerospace officials and industry representatives on key programs and serves as a local point of contact for NASA meetings and travel in the region."

Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency to look for an international partner.
NASA and Japan Agree on New Areas of Space Co-operation July 27, 1990
NASA-Japan Agreement
Memorandum of Understanding between the National Aeronautics and
Space Administration of the United States of America and the
Government of Japan
NASA Rejoins Japan In X-Ray Space Observatory Project - Science Daily
NASA Joins Japan in Exploring Asteroid - 1997 (519): 1 - ScienceNOW
ASTER is a cooperative effort between NASA, Japan's Ministry of Economy,
Trade and Industry
NASA and Japan to Cooperate on Asteroid Sample Return Mission

NASA delays Europe's lab launch [
]
NASA and ESA Sign Agreements for Future Cooperation
ESA and NASA extend ties with major new cross-support agreement
ESA signs arrangement with New Zealand on tracking station
Expanding cooperation: German ground station tracks ESA Moon mission
ONE NASA, ONE ESA, TWO PARTNERS

NASA chooses Woomera, South Australia for rocket launch site
NASA has been in Australia since 1957
Honeysuckle Creek Tracking Station: 1967–1981: The Station

NASA, Russia Approve Next ISS Crew - Space.com
"Two Sides of the Moon: Our Story of the Cold War Space Race:"
Space - Co-operation with Russia

NASA CSA(Canadian Space Agency) Agreement
Canada Arm
The Amazing Canadarm2 - Dextre the robot
Canada to build key component of NASA's next giant space telescope ...
Space Station Ready for New Canadian Robot and Japanese Room

'Global endeavour'

Nasa said the framework document was "an important step in an evolving process towards a comprehensive global
approach to space exploration".

The agency added that the contents were consistent with "ongoing bilateral and multilateral discussions" on
co-operating with other agencies.

SPACE AGREEMENT
Space agencies involved in the agreement are:
Asi (Italy)
BNSC (UK)
CNES (France)
CNSA (China)
CSA (Canada)
CSIRO (Australia)
DLR (Germany)
Esa (European Space Agency)
ISRO (India)
JAXA (Japan)
KARI (South Korea)
Nasa (USA)
NSAU (Ukraine)
Roscosmos (Russia)

All the documentation is here....

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Its all about CONTROL

And NASA has it

OH I almost forgot... for those of you who THINK China is going to show us what's going on...

NASA Administrator Departs China After 'Rewarding' First Visit
NASA Administrator to Grad Students: China Trip Is 'First Step'
NASA Administrator Meets Counterpart in China
NASA Administrator Michael Griffin Visits China
NASA Administrator Welcomes China to Ranks of Spacefaring Nations

They would all have to be contributers or willing participants in this conspiracy. (What a miracle that would be, to get all of the leaders of the world to all agree on, contribute and participate in a massive conspiracy.)

No miracle... it's called 'tenure'

What about all of the research done by scientists in America and other parts of the world, which was done before there was any NASA or before there was even an America?

Long before John Lear came along... there was Profesor Hansen, of the Royal Astronomy Society. In 1884 the Royal Astronomical Society published an important memoir on the corrections required by Hansen's Tables. Prof Hansen had all the data on the gravity anomalies on the Moon, the atmosphere and the people living there... It was accepted by his peers and he was highly respected...

Then Along came Simon Newcomb of the US Naval Observatory and changed all that... That was the day The Navy took control and started hiding the truth
And don't forget that CLEMENTINE was a US NAVY/DoD Starwars mission, not a photo taking tour

People who only want to perpetuate their fantasies or paranoia will never get to the truth.

Neither will people that prefer to stick their heads in a hole and play Ostrich

If you want to get to the truth about life on Mars, etc. do it scientifically. Don't just affirm the things that seem to support your fantasies, you should consider all data.

I consider more data than you know... and I have sources you can just dream about

This is the most annoying thing about this forum. There are a lot of smart people here but they conveniently filter out anything that doesn't conform to their beliefs or fantasies.

No the most annoying thing about the forum is those that come here with a "I know it all you are wrong or crazy" attitude and then presume to 'educate' us.
Skeptics also are just as guilty of 'filtering what doesn't fit their belief system" as are believers... And in the middle are a mere handful of those who DO the leg work to seek out evidence and present it in forums like this...

Without us there would BE no forum and NOTHING to debate

Science and the truth has nothing to do with your "feelings", beliefs,

It most certainly does NOT
If the inventors and discoverers of new ideas did not dream and BELIEVE in what they were doing Science would still be in the Dark Ages...

The Wright Brothers were told by the "Scientists" human flight was impossible.... yet they followed their dream... they didn't know it was impossible...

And a good thing they did not listen to the likes of YOU, because we would still be on the ground

I believe there was life on Mars too, I really want to see evidence, but if I discard the things that don't fit into my fantasies, I'll never know the truth.

REALLY? Well then... tell me the steps you have personally taken in research to discover this life... I would be interested in your results so far

It would be great to have an online class set up here to teach people about the "scientific method" and how to search for evidence objectively.

That is what we taxpayers fork over BILLIONS for to NASA to do... too bad THEY forget who pays their salary

Another weird thing many people do in this forum is that many of you believe skepticism is bad, and that you are waging a war against "skeptics". What you haven't learned yet is that;

Skepticism is essential when searching for the truth!

No we don't believe skepticism is bad... there are many great skeptic here at ATS like ArMaP (even though he can be a pain in the...
)who work hard to present their case with actual LINKS and EVIDENCE instead of "superior than thou" rhetoric

There are two kinds of skeptics... those that research and use that 'scientific method' you rave about and present their side of it in a rational manner, and there are those that just yell and shout and call people names when they can't convince us how wrong we are.

Unfortunately we have a LOT more of the second kind than the first

This is where many people who post here go wrong.

Uh huh sure... and you get to decide what is a 'correct' post? You DID read the sign on the door before posting here, yes?

Your battle is with those who are "dismissive", not those who are skeptical.

What battle? Those of us that are on my side of the fence enjoy the hunt and the sharing of info and ideas... The ones throwing the stones are on YOUR side of the fence...

Good thing our Tin Foil Hats ward off those stones

[edit on 19-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Breaking News

I just had to interrupt the current thread with this interesting news...

NASA has given up tinting Mars RED and is now using the color of our "Saffron Sky" on the moon instead...

Too bad John isn't here to see THIS

The "Saffron Skies of Mars" courtesy NASA APOD

Animated even

apod.nasa.gov...

Edit to add... for those not familiar with the color of the lunar sky refer here

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BolianAdmiral

Originally posted by Lunica
WOW! This was my first reaction. Very nice find

This is one of the best examples I have seen of such a statue on Mars. The similarity is estonishing.

Flag and star

Absolutely NO disrespect here, but that's because it's a real statue... on Earth. That is some damned fine photoshop work, but you can tell that the statue was added in, in post, because you can see where the image was set to fade into the rock, at the point where the right shoulder/arm of the statue begins to come down. Sadly, I saw all the images from the rover in the link provided, and no statue could be seen.

And your reasoning for this is what? Why would Nasa want to do such a thing? That doesn't make any sense at all man. The whole point here is that NASA has been hiding the truth from the public this whole time. And you're suggesting NASA would actually photoshop-IN such an object? How does that make any sense at all? It's a serious question.

-ChriS

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Edit to add... for those not familiar with the color of the lunar sky refer here

Errrrr that's the first I've ever heard of the sky on the moon being that color (or having any color at all for that matter). What evidence is there to support this? First I've heard of such a thing.

-ChriS

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I'm going to have to call negative on this whole ordeal. After studying the platform photo, I can visualize that the rock above was pushed back or maybe the platform portion was squeezed out by the massive weight causing it to snap off creating a very flat surface. In fact if you visualize this that way you can see then that the two lines going down are actually stress cracks. It appears if any more pressure was given then the platform would fall forward as a column and crumble below. You can then see the other stress cracks around it.

The rocks that looks like a statue do appear to have a resemblance but end up being rock formations that were naturally formed. You must ask yourself why this would be in place here. It's not visible. It's not in any important or symbolic place. The ramp leading up is just rock layers that have shifted and forced in different directions at the turn. Plate tectonics (excuse my spelling). Think about it. it's not plausible to be a path. It's to steep and does not have steps. The other objects that appear around it are smashed rocks that are most likely different types of rock giving off different appearances.

The majority here are like some of you have already stated. Your cloud dwellers. You look for faces in the clouds. And furthermore your just basing things on your own desires even mine that there actually is some connection to the other world. You might want to look up some old tablets and figure out what it all means. From the story of Sitchin. Mars was a drop point. A way station. From there they carried out to Nibiru.

So going back to the original OP photo. It does have the appearance of an Egyptian statue but it is definately no plausible.

Take a look at the photo again. From the flat surface down it looks like you come down to a shoreline. This entire rock mound looks like it was once underwater. Maybe a good reason for all the odd characteristics of this formation. Who knows what dwells in an ocean in another world.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join