It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
a well-known natural formation back in my country:
nothing special, just atmosphere at work

Nice one I don't have that in my collection... can you get me details? And local legends?

I have found many rocks like this that stand guardian over sacred lands... like the Indian head with Ipod... it IS in Medicine Hat

Perhaps it is the "Great Spirit" that directs those winds to do the carving...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

To the left of the big red circle, I can see details of a gigantic face that is broken up at the nose area. The left eye is still visible. Check it out please.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I am a Black Level researcher with NASA. I was recently dismissed due to job related issues, and now I believe my life is in danger. What you are seeing are fake images issued by us, in an effort to deceive the public. The mars you know, in fact, the universe as understood by the majority of the population is a complete hoax. There are things out there that no one should know about, and thus we keep everything hidden. It is better that no one know about these things. In fact, valid proof of this is seen

Care to elaborate on what shouldn't be known? I think ALL things should be known, it doesn't matter if someone is "cleared" to know these secrets, what gives them the right to keep it from everyone?

Are you being serious?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I am a Black Level researcher with NASA. I was recently dismissed due to job related issues, and now I believe my life is in danger.

What exactly did you do to get 'dismissed'?

What you are seeing are fake images issued by us, in an effort to deceive the public.

Well if you were dismissed, you ought to be upset with them, so send us one real image... you can use my email...

The mars you know, in fact, the universe as understood by the majority of the population is a complete hoax. There are things out there that no one should know about, and thus we keep everything hidden. It is better that no one know about these things. In fact, valid proof of this is seen

Uh huh...

Not that I doubt you that the Universe is not as it should be, but it's posts like this that are the reason I think the Anonymous Post is a very bad idea...

especially considering this policy
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems that the AP circumvents this... I don't get it

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Consider AP as the same thing as overhearing a conversation in a crowded airport. You have no idea who is talking, and you can't really pin down the validity of what they say. Even so, it might be worth remembering, in case you run onto something else that ties in.

Now if some Anon says the sky is going to fall three days from now, I'm not selling the family sleigh, though I may decide to go ahead and put it in the carport in case he was just talking about a hailstorm.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You guys forgot something ...right below the statue little to the right ... there's strange looking rock (i believe it's natural formation) .... just after this rock if you zoom you can see perfect stairs leading to the hole ....

But for the statue i still believe it's a natural formation
....it would be b etter if you see original image which is on the first page .. it has higher resolution

EDITED: it could be just a big piece of stone ... but the stairs looking formation is just perfect

[edit on 19-5-2008 by baburak]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just to add an example of the size. I used more or less the measurements Internos posted on page one:

The cliff in this image from Opportunity's panoramic camera (Pancam) is informally named Cape St. Vincent. It is a promontory approximately 12 meters (39 feet) tall on the northern rim of Victoria crater, near the farthest point along the rover's traverse around the rim.

Well, of course I dont know how to measure the 12 meters correctly and the scale is not exactly right, but it gives an idea of that size.

So, what to make of it?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've tried to read through most of the posts so I may have missed it, but what is NASA's official stand on this? I'm assuming that its naturally occurring rock formations. I was just wondering NASA had commented on it or not?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i'm an artist. at least i can draw a human face.

most important on a face are the proportions. judging these pictures. this is fairly out of any organic appearance. it is not a face, and i dont think that the nose is quite right
. if it is damaged naturally that way, the whole statue can be created so.

it is not a face. at least not a human one. but what puzzles me is the 90degree angle at the base and at the sides. and also the symmetry. this stuff is only represented by the order of life. so i'm not skeptical afterall.

2planes to have 90dg between them is very common. 2 planes .... easily but rare. but 5 90dg angles and an apparent plane parallel on 4 planes,... impossible.
only if...

[edit on 19-5-2008 by encoder]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't think anyone else has pointed this out yet.

Doesn't it look like something is under there? It is a completely different color than the surrounding rock. It just looks like something that was placed there.

-ChriS

[edit on 19-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It is an interesting photo.. But I have to follow logic.. It is a natural rock formation with a combination of light factors. The truth will only be revealed once we send a manned mission to Mars. Then do you really think the U.S. Government would divulge any pertinent information to the General Public. No way would they do that. It's all about "National Security"

~L

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that to the left of the statue, the big slanted piece of rock looks very similar to a pyramid. Almost as if the statue is placed outside it just like you see in Egypt today.

To me it looks a lot like it, but almost as if it has warn away or caved in a little.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I went over that area and a few more in my earlier post here.

No one responded to my theory that it's just rocks (gasp!), so tell me what you think... or else, ok not really but... you know, it's appreciated.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Parabol]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Wow, I wasn't aware that was a "theory"...

There are quite a few of us who happen to be of the same opinion (see above).

Anyway, I was coming here to post a link to a thread I started today, on mimetoliths.
It might be a good idea to have a look, guys - after all, it does not necessarily detract from anything you're saying, does it?

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Oh it's more than a theory, it literally took hours of my existence to accumulate the knowledge, logic, and foresight to determine that the rocks... could... could be made of rocks. At this point I think the theory may need 11 or 23 dimensions to exist but I do see a lot of them in our dimension. More updates soon, I broke a few of my beakers so I need to run to Costco.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Can you explain how the sculptors were able to preserve their carvings from the effects of erosion? Millions of years of exposure to dust, wind and wide temperature extremes would eventually cause some damage.

That could be easily explained by a (quite plausible) theory about the use of protective resins, or even by the use of special resistant materials...

Not that I am of the opinion that these formations are anything but nature, mind you.
(And I have two posts to prove it.
)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

My heart bleeds for you!
Did it hurt?

Anyway, it's good to see a little balance in this thread... ;-)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
if you scroll back up and look at that photo of the man rock climbing,, you can see some pretty amazing sculptors in those rocks too... or is he suppose to be on mars??

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have said it before and I will say it again, that does not look like a puddle to me, just a small crater with some fine dust inside it.

Full size image of the photo above
Full size image of the right side of the small crater
(Those images in PNG format were too big for ImageShack, so I had to save them as JPEG, with the best quality, but if anyone wants them I have the PNGs)

And, as I also said before, that rock sure looks strange, even to me.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

Hehe... its a reconstruction photo the rock climber was put into a picture of mars to show the scale of the rocks.

Gos to show how talented the poster of that bit of artwork is
I loved it.

Shocked that that is the actual size
so we ARE dealing with mini aliens... or giant / human size beings building mini statues to confuse us even more

Well we have tiny rare people here too... [and giants] I dont see why they cant be on mars at some point either.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join