It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Poverty Act S.2433

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

No, you're just someone who is trying to demonize a group of people that do not support Obama by suggesting that they only oppose him because they're racists. Its not fooling anyone.

Myself, I have a great many disagreements with the man's policies. That's why I'm not voting for him.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by vor78]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubyteacup

Yes I did use the word hate, to simplify what you said, inference is a gift of God I guess

Also, you pressed the wrong button, so I'm not sure if I'm really reading what you had intended to wright.
Also, I am no Democrat or Republican, I am a true-patriot, I love this country and want to see the best for it, I am no sports fan which is what the great majority of Americans are these days, they rute for there team (Either Republican or Democrat) and don't really care what the issues are as long as ther team wins.
It's a sad, sad world and our only hope, Ron Paul, will never win the election

-Jimmy

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack

Yes I did use the word hate, to simplify what you said, inference is a gift of God I guess

Also, you pressed the wrong button, so I'm not sure if I'm really reading what you had intended to wright.
Also, I am no Democrat or Republican, I am a true-patriot, I love this country and want to see the best for it, I am no sports fan which is what the great majority of Americans are these days, they rute for there team (Either Republican or Democrat) and don't really care what the issues are as long as ther team wins.
It's a sad, sad world and our only hope, Ron Paul, will never win the election

-Jimmy

Your right. It not Dem or Repub. its whats right for the country and its people. Spending 3 years out of 4 or 4 out of 6 years fundraising to get reelected is screwing the pooch for all of us.

Zindo

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
And yet US citizens don't seem to mind paying TRILLIONS .....

OH YES we do! We definately mind paying for a war if it is not necessary.

Originally posted by budski
you have no business telling me what to post or where to post it.

I'm going to quote you on that next time a certain poster gives me a hard time about my posting habits!

Originally posted by johnsky
, I would love to see money given to the impoverished

Keyword - GIVEN.

Forcing a tax upon people to force them to give up the money they have rightfully earned is not 'giving' anything. It's stealing and it's marxist 'redistribution of wealth'.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Jimmy,

You have "inferred" incorrectly!

Ruby

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hehe, my spelling is bad, that's no secret.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I actually made a thread about this some time ago, here

I'm glad this issue is getting more attention as election day looms.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
I agree. How can we complain about our taxes going to help people, yet be quite happy with billions of our dollars being spend to finance pointless wars over a resource thats destroying the planet?

"Help" people? Excuse me for being cynical, but when a 'wealthy' country decides to throw cash, financial aid etc at a 'poorer' country, most of the aforementioned cash, financial aid etc ends up - rather than, say, developing educational and agricultural facilities - instead furnishing the military with better rifles, vehicles etc, or helping the "Grand Supreme God's-Right Hand Man Excellency of X" build that second, or third, palatial estate he's always wanted.
Also, with rising fuel/food prices, I doubt the average American is cheering that his/her hard-earned paycheck is helping finance a pointless, intractable war in the Middle East.

Originally posted by jimbo999
Sounds remarkably like hypocrisy to me. What is it about Obama that frightens so many many flag-waving super-patriots anyhow? Couldn't be the color of his skin could it?

Of course! How could we be so stupid! You best be voting for Clinton or McCain, or you'll be an 'anti-white' racist!

Seriously, can we grow up a little and get over the fact that those critical of Obama might not be fresh from KKK Training Camp #12?

But I personally prefer the "Bear Feeding" scenario, in relation to Obama's inane attempt to finance the Third-World on America's teat:
"If you feed a bear every day for the rest of it's life, will the bear come to see you as a 'friend', or a 'helper'? No. The bear in question will only see you as a source of food, to which it believes it is entitled."

Maybe we should encourage sound social, political and economic policies in Third World countries, rather than doing the typical "throw enough money at 'em at hope for the best!" syndrome prevalent in the West?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I realise that support for the war has been dwindling, but bush was re-elected by people (barely, and not a majority) with full knowledge that he was going to continue spending vast amounts on war.

I much prefer the way the UK has done it - cut back on the military, and spend peoples taxes on schools, hospitals, social issues etc.

OK, so the idea in the UK has been poorly implemented, but that doesn't change the fact that the basic idea is, IMO, sound.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Ever hear of the fact that middle class America is tired of being raped and that those of us who work for a living have a right to keep what we earn?

Obama = Jimmy Carter II

Typical Marxist 'share the wealth' by raping the working class.

Isn't that exactly what the current administration has been doing for the last 2 terms? Only without sharing the wealth of course, except among the corporate and political elite.

Our unborn children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are being born into debt that is not of their making. So much for freedom.
We are all just slaves to the rulers, paying our taxes to enable their grabs for power and wealth. We are free only until we step out of line and start to question them.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I can understand that your country is in a dire situation. But the way to look at it is not how much you spent on foreign aid but how much you spent on military.
Foreign aid today means surplus for you tomorrow... simply from the fact that when a 3rd world country starts evolving, through increased education, business starts rising up, jobs are created and the need for consuming (even American products) will increase.
In the same breathe the need to wage war will also decrease.

Denmark is the country in the world that spends 2nd most in relations to our BNP. And we carry a tax at 45-50%... so why don't you whip out your solidarity and demand that all the money your leaders are directing into military be used for something good....
Like fixing your roads, free healthcare for everyone, free university for everyone... and so on.
Then you don't have to worry about how much they spend on aid.

[edit on 15/5/08 by flice]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I am sure it has been said before:

I would much rather spend lots of our tax dollars aide then on military and defense spending...

...especially with the amount of money we waste every day on missles, bombs, bullets and other things made to kill.

I would rather spend that money on medicine, smart farming educatiion and less weather reliant farming methods/structures.

That is just my 10 cents.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

This is what America will get with Obama bin Laden Obamites. Legislation that will rob Peter to pay Paul and be totally unenforceable as well. We do need to address the problems of poverty and joblessness, but start with home first and then clean the world up. Remove the beam from your own eye before you try to remove the moat from your brother's a wise man once said.

And you should change your signature. In this day and age, if wishes and dreams were ponies and horses, beggars would still be forced to clean up the crap!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why does everyone assume that if you oppose any democratic position, your "for" the war. I do not want one more dime of my money taken from me to help anyone. In fact, I would rather zero of my money be taken from me to help anyone. I have no problem helping at my expense when it is my choice, it is another matter when the government plays Robin Hood and takes it from me (the middle working class) and gives it away to everyone else.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
I would much rather spend lots of our tax dollars aide then on military and defense spending...

How about we don't get over taxed and we get to actually keep the money we earn?

Some defense and military spending is necessary.
Endless foreign aid is not.

Aid Americans FIRST.
We have plenty of hurting people HERE that have been forgotten about.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

Because its an easy way to distract from a horrid piece of legislation that has been introduced by Obama?

Its an ages old tactic known as 'derailing the conversation'.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Sadly the UK has cut back military spending in areas which it really shouldnt have.

Such as equipment and salaries for troops... i.e the basics.

Its all well and good to trim unnecessary spending, but sending out soldiers into a warzone without body armour is a flagrant violation of the military covenant!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with this. It's time for you (americans) to take your responsibility, I'm not saying you aren't helping people, but it's far from enough.

It's not like you would be the first to do it, even small countries like Sweden, does it and we have 9 million citizens and we're a welfare state (one of the top).

Also, Don't only think of yourselves, If you haven't noticed there's other people on this planet as well.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Drapan

In case you have forgotten your history, The US gives and has given more of its GDP to the world than any country in history. We are NOT saying stop it all. We are saying stop paying bribes to despots and meglomainiacs who do nothing for they're people but steal the money for themselves. We Americans mostly have no use for "The Welfare State '. Our country was founded on self sufficiancy and we wish to remain that way for the most part. We just wish nations in this world would try to emulat this lifestyle for the betterment of themselves. If you can't understand that then I'm sorry. Thats what this thread is about. Nothing else!!!

Zindo

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubyteacup

Hi Budski,

Sounds like you have a gripe towards Americans!?!?

Why is that?

If you don't like Americans so much, then start a thread of your own where others members can bad-mouth Americans and then I can come on and let you know that what you have said is "talk to hand." (in one ear and out the other)

Ruby

That's just typical budski, Rubyteacup. He whines about America in every thread he posts in.

This one, for example. He cries about the US spending trillions on Iraq, yet fails to mention that the UK kicked in a few bucks also. It's the pot calling the kettle black, is all. Ignore him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join