It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Poverty Act S.2433

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
While I understand how the Palestinian topic was brought up, this thread was fascinating in it's own right and it seems off-topic. Perhaps you could pursue this in a different venue?

All due respect of course, not my thread so please just consider it a humble request.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

Ok, lets take it at face value that they are Nomads and have the same rights as all others. In this time and place ALL countries have borders and nomadic peoples have to work within that reality. Why is it that "The Palestinians" are not welcomed in ANY other arab country to be NOMADICS. If you read the link I posted you would see that in historical fact, they mostly kept to Syria, Lebonon, and points south. They did a real nice job being nomadic in Lebonon. They reduced a once beautiful country to rubble in 5 years. The stated goal of the PLO and HAMMAS is to push Israel into the sea. Not what I would call a nomadic tribe that wants to live in peace while they merrily wander through the country side. You can feel badly all you want for this group, but IN FACT they are not what they portend to be...a separate country!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Your right..I apologise. I will not respond any further than to maintain MY OWN THREAD. Sometimes I get carrried away,LOL

Zindo

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
1) The only rights that all others have are Human Rights. Is that what you are conceding?

2) You are conflating the nomadism which can be considered an anthropological characteristic of the body of people to be subject to recognition by a nation state? are you therefore implying that unless all states recognize that they are nomadic, they are not to enjoy Human Rights?

3) You are attempting to conflate the historic nomadism with a contemporary context of border disputes and terrorism. To call the Palestinian people a nomadic tribe within a contemporary context is at best intellectually dishonest. Within the framework of the argument it also makes no sense. The nomadism is undisputed even by yourself and is the basis for human rights and the claim to a foothold.

4) The Palestinian people are the superset. The PLO and Hamas are a subset. Reset your argument within that framework and how does it change the answer?

[edit on 6-6-2008 by wytworm]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

wytworm's right. It would be like judging all Americans according to the actions of the KKK or Black Panthers to judge the Palestinians by the PLO and Hamas. There's alot more to it than that.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by budski
Not at all - just the administration for pulling the wool over peoples eyes.

BTW - you have no business telling me what to post or where to post it.

If you think I'm out of line, use the complaint function.

Other than that, you're not the boss of the board or anyone on it, and I'll post what and where I please.

What I said is perfectly reasonable and rational - stop spending on war, start looking after the citizens who pay the taxes.

I agree. How can we complain about our taxes going to help people, yet be quite happy with billions of our dollars being spend to finance pointless wars over a resource thats destroying the planet?

Sounds remarkably like hypocrisy to me. What is it about Obama that frightens so many many flag-waving super-patriots anyhow? Couldn't be the color of his skin could it?

J.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by jimbo999]

Punk
thats what gives it away buddy

I feel like cleaning my 455

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
Sounds good to me. I'll gladly pay to help the brown people rather than bombing them.

I hear that.

Ironically feeding them is probably cheaper than bombing them too.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

vote republican and look forward to even more war, poverty, and destruction. ie more of the same crap we've had for the last 8 years.

ever hear of change? global awareness and responsibility?

j.

problem - reaction - Solution

look forward to war at home when they do their final gambit.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
from skimming on this bill seems like YOU GUYS missed the point

that this bill may require the U.S signing the UN millenium document so they can participate in the global poverty initiative and the UN millenium document has provisions that would enable the UN to "DISARM" chosen regions as well as a whole host of other things which signs the U.S soverginty over to the UN in a few different areas.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join