It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
Hi, Mike!
That was the first time the light thing ever happened to me!
I have the shock thing every so often though.

When hubby came home to no outside lights he was worried!
I told him I killed them & he started down to the basement.
I walked out to the entryway to watch all the lights
as he was checking the fuses.
As soon as I got there, they all came back on again!
He hadn't even gotten to the bottom of the steps yet!

I tried going back & forth a few times after that, but nothing happened.
But the quake had already happened by then, so I don't know what to think!

I have had ear ringing all day & was falling asleep bad again tonight
& had to have corn last night too.
I'm really, really achy today, but that could be from sleeping
on a mattress on a cabin floor for 3 nights! Lol!
Went computer cold turkey for almost 4 days,
so didn't know about the one in Greece until we got home!
Did have ear ringing while we were gone,
& hubby was nauseous the night before that one.
There was 3.2 north of us up in Canada yesterday too.

Hubby's symptoms were a 6 today & he still feels sad,
nervous & achy, plus all his usual symptoms.
My ear ringing has really picked up now.
Usually if I have the 'sleeping pill' effect,
something shows up within about 12 hours.
So I guess we'll see.
WOQ

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hi guys....hope you're all well. Just dropping in to say that about 4pm today my fibro symptoms went off the chart for no reason. Felt very painful, sick, almost unable to concentrate at all...even getting out of the car took huge focus, and exhaustion like I haven't had in months. Couldn't even stand up without effort. Have kinda slept for a few hours, and feel seriously hung over (I don't drink at all, so it's not that) but am still sore. Emotionally fine but am shocked at how fast the symptoms kicked in. Am off to check the solar stuff just in case.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae
Hi Cait,

I'm not sure how much the authorities might know that they don't pass on but it's the nature of the beast that they probably wouldn't tell us ahead of time. I do recall that significant ionospheric heating was recorded in the region above the fault that let go off Japan in their huge quake on March 11, 2011 -- prior to the quake's occurrence. That's now a matter of record, but as far as I know, nothing was said about it before the quake actually happened.

and also a reply to this one: caitlinfae

That doesn't sound good! Please keep us up to date on this if you are able. Especially if you note any correlations between your symptoms and solar activity.

As for myself, I'm feeling very poorly today. Something like stomach flu but not quite the same. Has a psychological side as well. I need to note that I'm not depressed in any clinical sense, just have a non-focused feeling of negativity that in the past has sometimes tied in with major quake activity in the very near-term. (Usual time frame is up to about three days, max.)

edit on 31/5/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly
Hi WOQ,

please keep us updated as well.

If I was about a "7" a few days ago I'd say I'm now at an "8". Really not good at all. Hope it just dies down again and nothing eventuates.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike Hi Mike,

Thank you for the reply and I hope you're feeling a little better. Worrying that your index number is rising a bit though.

I've checked solar activity for Wednesday on a couple of sites, and there is nothing remarkable at all. In the past on 3 or 4 occasions, I have noticed a very strong link with solar activity, and most especially with the palpitation symptoms I experience. These were mostly absent this time and the onset of symptoms was much much faster than usual, and much more severe. I hope it means nothing, and that I'm so ridiculously sensitive that a simple trip into the city and lunch with my mum is enough to stress me out to the point of illness.

I did have nightmares again last night, slept like crap actually come to think of it, so something is bugging me. Let's hope it's not seismic, although I'm surprised every time I put the tv on or log on here and there's nothing...like I'm waiting and waiting, and nothing turns up.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Cat has been under the desk for awhile now.
We had a few rumbles of thunder about 3 hours ago,
but she didn't go under until the storm was over!
She's very restless, comes out, trills, then goes back under!

Yellowstone, California & Iceland perking,
with multiple quakes in the same areas this afternoon.
Volcanic link to all?

Ocean level receded & then returned to normal in 3 hours in Venezuela.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something is going on!
WOQ

edit on 3-6-2014 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thought some of you might enjoy this article: "Geophysicists Discover How Rocks Produce Magnetic Pulses...and how they might use these pulses to predict earthquakes".

I'm a pretty healthy skeptic, but the electrical and magnetic pulses may be a rational explanation to many of the phenomena witnessed and the ailments that seem to fill this thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Antsy, energized & eating EVERYTHING in sight!
Even though I'm ready to burst,
I feel like I'm starving!!!
No corn cravings yet though!

Ear ringing off & on for days.
Had 'doom' feelings earlier, but not so much now.
'Nuff already!!!
WOQ

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfilms

That's a fascinating article...have read through it once,but am a little sleepy just now.I will get back to it later, and digest it some more, although I'm not a scientist....might take a few reads!
It's 3 in the morning here and I'm having a huge problem with sleep tonight. It must be bad to get me up out of bed and on the computer like this, as usually, I'm wakeful for a bit and then drift off again, if I have sleep problems at all.

Fibro symptoms have been bad today too...lots of back and leg pain, feeling very weak and sluggish, but very hungry, and wanting to eat every 2 hours. I'm also aware of what I call the earth hum...that low quiet noise that seems to come up out of the ground sometimes. I heard it almost all the time when i lived in a more remote area for a few years, and there was nothing to mask it, but it's been mostly absent since I moved a little closer to civilisation. Tonight, I can here it dearly, which is very unusual. It's like a generator running in the background somewhere, but with a slightly irregular pulse. Then I log on here and your'e posting about magnetic and electrical pulses in rocks.

Hope everyone is feeling ok...might have some tea and see if that helps.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Cait's flare got me thinking. I wonder if we're going to be hearing more from the Haines Junction area, it's been stirring a bit the past 24 hours:

5.2 162km WNW of Haines Junction, Canada 2014-06-05 01:44:27 UTC-04:00 9.5 km
4.9 142km WNW of Haines Junction, Canada 2014-06-05 01:37:59 UTC-04:00 11.8 km
4.6 62km E of Chitina, Alaska 2014-06-05 01:37:55 UTC-04:00 13.1 km
5.7 73km WSW of Haines, Alaska 2014-06-04 07:58:58 UTC-04:00 10.0 km

Then again, maybe not, since it's also had a good clip of smaller aftershocks under 2.5, as per the USGS. Either way, it's something to keep an eye on for the time being.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I've been away for a while and I missed out on all and everything that's gone on. The past few days have had me concerned about quakes but I had to see if maybe it was just something to do with a medicine I take first. New generic. Seems to be fine though. The 3rd through I'd say the 6th were not too good and I was really starting to wonder what could be up. So I finally got around to this thread. Amazing how life can just make the simplest of things like making a forum post so difficult. I fell asleep on my way here last night, I had been doing laundry ALL day and was absolutely wiped! I laid in bed with the iPad and logged into ATS and browsed a bit on the front page and then bam! I was waking up this morning!

That Venezuela thing has me on alert though. I didn't really read too deep into the thread pages about it so I could have missed a cause but I totally think we are going to see something happen that is related to it. Though it could be something hard to relate to the event. I just have this feeling. Things like that just don't happen for no real reason. It just seems like something under the sea floor is shifting or whatnot. Somewhere. Volcanic maybe? Just my thoughts initially.

Hope everyone is well.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Morning all....
A bit late logging this, but it's been a busy weekend. Friday night I had another volcano dream of a massive eruption that again seemed to be in Scotland not too far from where I live, in a place that definitely isn't volcanic, although the hill in my dreams is a real one, and has a granite tor on the top that's volcanic in origin. Is it a warning of something long extinct waking up?

Very vivid and dark colours, and I saw the ash column collapse eventually into many smaller columns that fell vertically almost like tornadoes, rather than the more normal clouds of ash at ground level.

This morning I feel like hell, and am in the most amount of general pain I've had in a long time. Saturday evening was just as bad...I could hardly move.

Hope you're all doing better than me today....I'm off to check solar sites and such, and any info about the Beast that whizzed past us recently.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Here's something you don't see very often. The USGS world quake map with not even one mag 5.0 or bigger quake in the past 24 hours. (Screenshot taken at 07.55 UTC [GMT], June 09 2014.)

(Map source: USGS World Earthquakes Map. Zoom out to see all of it.)

I honestly can't recall the last time I saw a 24-hour period mapped on USGS with no mag 5.0 or bigger quakes. EMSC shows a mag 5.0 in the Kuril Islands a few hours ago. USGS has it as a 4.9. But even so, it's been very quiet.

Doesn't have to mean anything. Just wanted to log it here.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfilms
Very useful report. Thanks for that.

Good to see more scientific evidence on this aspect being published. Naturally, this doesn't explain everything that various people (and animals) feel or sense, but it is likely to be a contributing factor at least for some.

It's all part of building up the bigger picture.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Can't say when I've seen that myself either.

Though I know I have seen something like that before something significant happened sometime in the past. Now what that was, I forgot and I have to get back to you about it if I can remember. Not gonna freak out but just drives me nuts when I can't recall something. reply to: JustMike

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The second half of this last week was a rough one!
Half the people in our family had their cranky pants on!
And they must have been really, really tight!!!

Didn't hear from the other half, which is pretty telling in itself too!

Some solar stuff did seem to be going on,
geomagnetic-unsettled; solar intensity-active.

stereo.ssl.berkeley.edu...

I don't understand much about it,
but I can recognize a change in the graphs!
'Look at all the pretty, wavy lines!' Ha, ha, ha!

I thought for sure, I would look this morning & see a good sized quake.
Young cat was under the desk a lot last night,
& when she wasn't, she was trilling & wanting petted for the longest time!
I had to have some corn, even though I tried to ignore the craving.
But when I looked today, nada!

When I saw Mike's post about the lack of 5's & above,
that makes me think maybe something is still coming.
It doesn't seem to fit the usual symptom/time frame,
but who knows anymore! Nothing is what it seems lately?
Hmmm...is that a sign???

WOQ

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly
That's a really interesting page...haven't seen it before, and have absolutely no clue what the graphs mean, but the bottom one in particular could be a graph of my symptoms, almost exactly, over the last couple of days. Will have to bookmark that one!
Thank you! If there is anyone out there who could explain the science stuff to a non-science-but-still-fairly-smart person, I would be immensely grateful.

Symptoms not too bad today, but desperately feeling like I want to run for the hills. And get off grid. I really badly want to get off grid. Maybe is just oversensitivity to electrical stuff or something else, I really don't know, but it's fast becoming a silent obsession.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Yep. I can certainly help with these data things. I'll do my best to make stuff easy to understand. I have a lot of experience reading these and charting my symptoms with them. It's what I did from June 2010 to 2012 exclusively.

I'll have info later. It will take me a little while to put it together but I'm happy to help.

Just wanted to also check in and say that yesterday I was most wiped out for no real reason. I seem better today but not much.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

Oh wow...thank you. I'm very interesting to hear what they say. I'm not so bad now, but this morning was awful...I woke up very early, at about 4.30, and was in a lot of pain, discomfort, anxiety, wide awake but exhausted too.

I've also noticed that when I have a really bad spell, my dog is quieter than usual too. It's not that he's sick, or showing signs of pain, but he just gets really quiet and clingy. He's a Staffie, so normally he's bouncing about like an idiot. This has happened on a few occasions, so either he's reacting to how I am, and my pain levels, or maybe he's feeling what I'm feeling. He's back to his normal shouty rampaging self today though.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well the sun has beaten me to the punch! It flared before I got a chance to use it as an example in the information I am writing up for you guys on reading some of those charts and the basics. Bah! Lol. Though I am going to use it anyway. I am feeling a bit better too. Just about an hour or so ago things seem to be lifting and I'm getting back into feeling like myself again. Though I'm still tired as I didn't sleep. I never seem to sleep right before a huge flare happens. I just stay up for some reason. Even if I'm dead tired.

I have been wanting to do this write up on space weather stuff for a long time. It's just now that I'm working on it, it's proving difficult to break it down to its most basic form to be understood easily. I have a tendency to be detailed and give as much information as possible, therefore confusing people I'm trying to help learn. So, I may just do it in a small series of chunks. So if there's questions, I can answer them . Hopefully by tonight I will have something up. I have company coming over in a bout 2 hours so I have to work with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join