It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: StormyStars
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

I think whatever is about to happen is going to be more monumental than in centuries.....

Shhh!!!! No, no, no!
I like my fairly boring life...really I DO!
Luckily, all I have right now is some ear ringing.
Still have some energy left over too.

Hubby said his symptoms are between a 7 & 8!
After JustMike saying 8, & you feeling something too...
I'm ready to start looking for a cave somewhere!!!

Today I was reading a thread about an asteroid hitting this week.
The guy is supposed to be a scientist,
they were told about it at a meeting.
I thought ...uh, huh...another doom thread!
Clicked to go to the second page & it disappeared!
It still came up on the search, but when I clicked on it,
it wasn't there. Went back on my history...no trace of it!!!
Not 404'd, not closed, just gone! What's up with that???

Starting to hear creepy music in the background!!!

WOQ

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Hubby said his symptoms are between a 7 & 8!
After JustMike saying 8, & you feeling something too...
I'm ready to start looking for a cave somewhere!!!

I am truly apologetic, you made me giggle yet this is not a giggling situation. It is odd you mention your husband feeling a 7 to 8 & JustMike feeling an 8. I feel like about an 8 or 9 still, and and one room mate can't be woke, the other jumpier than a cat that just come out of the drier.....Maybe closer to a 9. I've never fainted before from these feelings no matter how long I've been awake......after my last post I fainted. Twice so far!

I mean, this is exceptionally odd ! I've hardly been able to eat yet just projectile vomited. & feel a constant need to go to the w/r but not wanting to walk as the vertigo is that bad! I felt Hurricane Katrina a week before I left New Orleans and even when Ii got here,, a place where we may only get residual seismic activity of a .3 to .7!
And this is by far the worst I've ever had these symptoms, I start smoking again after quitting for 3 weeks!

The animals in our building have been going berserk, we don't have many babies in this building yet I've heard at least 5 acting up as though stuck by a pin or pinched or something. At most, I'd only ever heard ONE baby ever occasionally fuss before, and never in 5* years have I heard any animals acting up! Yet we must be getting residual something or pre active something as even others in the building commented feeling the ground tremor & that's a 1st since I've been back here.

2 more oddities, a mutual friend of ours got in without having to buzz up, and start banging on our door like crazy! He's not like that! 1 still didn't wake and the other got paranoid not wanting to open the door till our friend sent a text stating it was him outside our door. He works as su chef at the prestigious hotel that connects with our building. He got off work at 10 pm. He's a big young man, as in built. When he works from 5 am till 8 to 10 pm, he is usually too tired to visit, hops a transit bus and goes home to sleep. Tonight he said something doesn't feel right right, like he feels like he might get jacked on the bus or the block he has to walk the rest of the way home from the bus stop. Now at 2 am when I began this but keep hitting the keys twice, so is now 315 am, there is 1 guy crashed so hard he hasn't heard anything, 2 pacing like caged animals, and me too trembly to want to walk, this feels too surreal?

Yet I have a lot of waling to do today which I''m not sure I'll pull off but must, and the sky noises started about an hour ago, but this time, the 2 pacing about are hearing them also. They both looked at me in shock asking if this is the horns, harps & sonic sounding whistling noise I've been taking about since 2010. This is the 1st they've heard it, now keep going out to the balcony and coming back in trying too think what the noises are.

I've been searching all over the net, asking friends in other countries if they've had any kinds of warnings. They all said no yet since this time yesterday, they've all been sending me intranet gifts from face book, twitter, google+, my space & a few other sites. There are 100's of intranet gifts. Why? And they're all almost the same, smiley cards, missing you cards, hugs cards, guardian Angel cards even though it was before I start asking! They all said they've had me in their thoughts about 3 days now........They can't explain why.

I thought ...uh, huh...another doom thread!
Clicked to go to the second page & it disappeared!
It still came up on the search, but when I clicked on it,
it wasn't there. Went back on my history...no trace of it!!!
Not 404'd, not closed, just gone! What's up with that???

Starting to hear creepy music in the background!!!

That IS creepy! Like the Asteroid in 1978? I think that was the year.......much weirdness then also yet incomparable to THIS whatever THIS is

And my Cell's intranet & WiFi keep kicking out which it never has before, I only got it February 29th, it's paid for and paid up, and still has a lot of available space and such, no bugs or viruses found, it's just ALL odd.
Now there are others feeling odd all over this huge 3 connecting buildings so I don't feel so crazy this time....only good thing in this I can tell lol!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

Hi!
Glad you got a giggle out of that!
We have to keep a sense of humor in all this,
or it could become overwhelming!

Hope you are feeling better, that's a lot to try & deal with!
I still have the dizziness today, never had it so long before!

Hubby felt awful at work today.
I was gone this afternoon for a while,
so didn't have time to pay too much attention to things.

I still have ear ringing, don't remember it ever going on this long!
Had to have some popcorn tonight.
We'll see if a 6 or larger quake happens in a few hours or not!
Felt wiped out today & very achy, but is it from over doing it???

Noticed weird gadget things too. Just thought it was me.
Every time I go to post from the preview paragraph,
the internet stops working & I lose everything.
So I've been posting from the original!

Another weird thing that's been happening lately,
I go to get something I need & it's not where it was.
Look all over, finally give up & do without, or find a substitute.
Only to see it later, right where I looked in the first place!

I had hubby help me look a couple of times, same thing happened to him!
I have no idea what it means, or is connected to??? Just unusual weirdness!!!
People seemed a little better today, but still not completely back to normal.
I hope the worst is over, but hubby doesn't think so.
WOQ

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Noticed weird gadget things too. Just thought it was me.
Every time I go to post from the preview paragraph,
the internet stops working & I lose everything.
So I've been posting from the original!

Another weird thing that's been happening lately,
I go to get something I need & it's not where it was.
Look all over, finally give up & do without, or find a substitute.
Only to see it later, right where I looked in the first place!

I had hubby help me look a couple of times, same thing happened to him!
I have no idea what it means, or is connected to??? Just unusual weirdness!!!
People seemed a little better today, but still not completely back to normal.

Hi!
Glad you got a giggle out of that!
We have to keep a sense of humor in all this,
or it could become overwhelming!

True lol! Yet it felt/feels inappropriate somehow.....
I believe it is related. I was even worse today & I have such a strange ominous feeling.
Been having the same things as you happening.
I think your hubby is right.
I also think I'll see my childhood Doctor in the morning....about 4 hours from now....he's semi retired, not my usual Doctor but whenever I've only felt about 70% like this, he has as well and he will give me the amount of patients going through the clinics with the sames, he can usually tell how bad things are going to be by that...I would have seen him today but he's not in Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays or Sundays from 7 am to 2 pm.
It has been difficult holding eyes open atm though lol! I've just gone rubbery everywhere & staticy again....
I wish we know soon and that it won't be as bad as it feels it's going to be...I will let you know what the Doc has to say...worry, don't worry, worry a bit, etc....

I wish it gets better for us all & soon

Blessings `JmR~

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Not sure what is going on but I have felt pretty low the past 24-48 hours. Feeling subdued and such mostly but earlier today I was so full of anxiety and stress within minutes of getting up out of bed and just felt awful. Nausea is lingering too. No headache but I'm just feeling things could be awry.

Birds were acting funny outside today too. Ominous, almost like they were warning each other of something. Starlings. Not too schooled on starling behavior but I'm curious. I hope everyone else is well.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

I don't know where all of you live, but have you ever looked at the HAARP signatures? A lot of people attempt to "debunk" that crap, but I believe the gov't does it.

Also, supposedly a spy plane screwed up all of the computers/radar at LAX last week - could that electromagnetic stuff affect you? I beleive it does.

Also, letting you know I always read this thread - I live in central Wisconsin - I do believe that animals and humans can feel earth disruptions. Good thread - I know it goes dormant at times, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that watches this..... Thanks.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

Hi!
Maybe it was this one!

13km WSW of Tecpan de Galeana, Mexico
2014-05-08 17:00:16 UTC
10.0 km

Pretty good size & fairly close to us for one that size.

The last time I went shopping, I saw a can of Hormel's canned tamales.
I try not to eat very much processed stuff anymore,
but I had a nostalgic flashback from college when I saw them!
I ate a lot of canned, cheap stuff, back then!
I bought a can, brought it home, put it away & forgot about it.

Last night before I went to bed I had the munchies bad.
I was craving Mexican food & then remembered the can!
When I was heating it up it hit me...corn flour, corn meal!
I laughed to myself wondering where the quake would be,
but not really expecting one since I wasn't craving popcorn
or creamed corn like I usually do!

When I got on the computer & saw this one still in red in Mexico,
I was a little surprised that I hadn't had more symptoms.
Then it hit me! Craving Mexican food & then a quake in Mexico!
This stuff just amazes me!!!
Wonder what else we miss because we don't pay attention???
WOQ

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Interesting as I did not sleep that night and stayed awake as well.

Had a bit of a better day too.

As for today (Saturday) had a bit of a headache but otherwise a good day. Though I've felt a bit more calm this evening.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Good day all,
I have to preface this with a disclaimer; I have only once in my life had a prophetic dream that came true, so I am posting this now is because this dream happened on Sunday and I still haven't been able to shake it and I feel my "stuff" really bad today. This is also the first earthquake dream I have ever had.

So, in the dream I was driving an ambulance, which I did as an EMT years ago. I don't know where I was at or going and in the dream I was clearly lost. There terrain was very hilly. I remember I kept trying to turn onto different streets, but each intersection I came to, one direction was always under water, so I would have to turn the opposite. The steering in the squad was super difficult. I also could barely get the vehicle to slow down. I was standing on the brake pedal and using all my might to get the steering wheel to turn. Each road I did turn down, led me to another water barrier that made me chose the opposite direction to turn.

At one point I stopped, perched on a hill and off in the distance I could see three buildings. The one on the left was smaller and square, the one in the middle was some type of domed structure, I could see girders in an octagonal pattern and it was glass. The third building ( one on the right) was a much taller building than the other two but the same basic shape as the first one, square and made of concrete with many windows. All three of these buildings looked as though they were connected or at the least very very close together.

As I sat in the squad watching, I saw the earth shaking and it opened up and swallowed the dome shaped building right in. The building to the right of it, the largest, fell over right on top of the land where the domed building once stood. In the dream, I knew I was watching an earthquake but it wasn't until just about 10 min ago that I put the flooded streets together with the earthquake. How this did not occur to me until just now is beyond me, but it must have been a tsunami water as it was not raining in the dream.

I guess I am also posting to see if anyone can tell from that description where these buildings might be, if they even exist.
They seemed to be set up on this hill alone and there were no trees or tree lines that I can remember. It looked more industrial than residential. The landscape again was very hilly but not mountainous.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Cherryontop
Hi Cherryontop,

thank you for sharing that with us.

I have a couple of questions for you. First, about the dream in general, did it seem to be in "real time", as if you were experiencing something much the way we do in life, or was if more like a typical dream where the location/s and perspective/s jump around? The reason I ask is that in the rare cases where I've had dreams of this nature, the significant ones that sometimes could be related to real-life, subsequent events were very much "all of a piece" and played out in "real time". They were nothing like the more typical, mixed-up dreams at all.

Secondly, could you possibly give any details about the following:
--> any estimate of time of year, by season? For example, leaves on (any) trees or not, type of clothing worn by people. Or even just a feeling that it was more like a spring day than high summer, or winter rather than fall, etc.

--> any feeling as where it was? I know you've asked for help in identifying the location, but what I mean is a regional location based on your sense of the surroundings. If they seemed "normal" to you, then it's likely within your own nation. In that case, even any observations about the way the road markings were painted (if any), or street signs, possibly even the traffic lights or whether or not there were any main highways close by or not -- these can all give clues to narrow things down. Ditto the types of homes, if you noticed them in any detail: modern looking vs. older style, brick vs. cladding, one storey or several, condos or just family homes etc.

On the other hand, if some things didn't seem quite right but it wasn't too much different from what's normal for you, it might be a country with a similar lifestyle. However, if some things were very different or just seemed out of place, then we'd have to look at totally different regions.

--> any more detail about the buildings, especially the domed one? You said it was "some type of domed structure, I could see girders in an octagonal pattern and it was glass." Do you mean the entire dome was built on an octagonal base, or that it was dome shaped but made up of octagonal pieces? Also, with the tallest building, could you make a rough guess about the number of stories? For example, if what you saw was (say) about ten stories, then we can narrow things down and not focus too much on possible locations where the tallest building is 30 stories plus.

Just a final suggestion: if you could do even a rough sketch of your view of the buildings and then either scan it or take a picture of it and upload it here, that could help to try and locate it.

Thank you very much.

Just by the way, everyone, it's exactly six years since this thread was started by Kattrax on May 14, 2008! It's not the oldest active thread on ATS, but certainly one of the real "survivors" -- thanks to all of you!

edit on 14/5/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Mike,
Unlike most of my dreams which are often quite jumbled, make no sense jump around and I can only remember snippets, I remember this keenly. It was in chronological order. It did seem to happen as if I were actually experiencing it.

As far as the season, it was not winter. It was warmish, I don't recall any coats or bulky clothing I was wearing.
The grass did not seem very green, it was very short and a light shade or sage. I'd say it was rather sparse on the hill where the buildings were. So perhaps it was spring, or fall but it did not look like it was lush like Fla where I live. I actually google image searched domed building+hills to see if I could find this. Nothing seemed to match. I don't remember any trees on the hill at all around the buildings.

Everything seemed normal to me, nothing foreign at all. It was def in the US. The houses were not very modern, I'd say from the 50's-60's-70's. Just very ordinary 2 story smaller colonials and capes. Medium size yards Neighborhood looked very average other than the fact that the streets were under water at the intersections. The roads were asphalt, but old and faded to grey.

I did do a sketch, the perspective is off, so I will do it again. It might take me a bit to figure out how to upload, I have only uploaded a couple things here over the years.

edit to add detail about buildings:
About the buildings. I would say the building on the left was 3-4 stories, grey concrete with windows, square with a flat roof. The dome building was about 2/3 the height of the smaller building, it was half moon in shape and all exposed exterior was glass and metal girders and the tall building to the right of it was 5-6 stories high, again, greyish concrete, like any ordinary office building. Flat top roof and it fell right into the footprint left from where the dome was.
It was maybe 3 miles in the distance from where I was parked on the hill in amongst the neighborhood.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here are the sketches from Cherryontop that relate to the dream, posted above. Cherry asked me to upload them.
Sketch 1: General view of the three buildings.

Sketch 2: perspective of event, just before the buildings collapse. The building on the right is about 5 or 6 stories tall.

Sketch 3: Just an impression after the collapse. Building on right has toppled over onto its side, right onto where the domed structure in the middle was before it was swallowed up. (And yes, there have been several cases of muli-storied buildings that have literally fallen on their sides during quakes but basically stayed complete.)

Cherryontop has offered to redraw the sketches if that might assist. But at least we have these as a starting point. Many thanks for making them available!

My own impressions for what they're worth, taking the extra descriptive information into account: as Cherryontop says this is in the US, but also says the grass was rather sparse and light coloured, it suggests a drier climate region to me, which might indicate west coast -- say up as far as Nth California, or another dry region. Naturally, US members are best placed to offer more guidance on this!

If any members recognize any place that fits the description then please post. But bear in mind that Cherryontop is reporting a dream, and neither of us are suggesting this has to indicate reality. However, as the dream occurred chronologically (which is less typical in dreams), I feel it's worth following up on this. I also feel the description of the buildings is the sort of detail that would fall outside of typical symbolism and might have some connection to real structures.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

did the glass building look anything like this?
url=http://www.architectureweek.com/cgi-bin/awimage?dir=2012/0425&article=culture_1-3.html&image=15237_image_1.jpg
having a general idea of how it looks will help us find it, and we can "fine tune" by comparing buildings.

Still looking.

ETA... JustMike fixed the link in his post below...Thank you!
edit on 14-5-2014 by dragonlover12 because: trying to fix link

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
originally posted by: dragonlover12

Dragonlover, your link didn't go to the specific page because it wasn't enclosed in coding tags.

Dome

ETA: No worries.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

DL, that link is taking me to a home page.
Here is what it appeared to look like. agophotography.com...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Thank you!

Now I can narrow down the search a bit.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
That vaguely of reminds me of the Devon tower and plaza. It's not quite the same shape - it's more of a cylinder in the center than a dome. Also, the tower is way bigger than just a few stories tall.

The area isn't too hilly, but from some angles it might look similar to that perspective. We aren't really near water at all, but it's got a cool fountain out front

edit on 10Wed, 14 May 2014 10:10:59 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

This location wasn't near water Greven, it was atop a hillside.
The water was flooding the streets down below the hillside where the community was.
The link that Dragonlover posted looks really close, if it had a smaller building to the left of the dome and was a more rural setting.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Honestly, my first thought was an observatory, due to the hill location.

The problem is, most observatories don't have a telescope dome structure surrounded by taller buildings.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Reading your description, I keyed on the words water, hill, glass, dome & steel girders. It instantly made me think of downtown Tacoma, WA. This link is to a google image search.

We have the Tacoma Dome linked to the Museum of Glass by the Thea-Foss Waterway Bridge (Route 509), lots of water, hills and many 3-4 and 5-6 story buildings. It doesn't match your drawings, but I thought I would throw it out here.

(notice the 3 buildings in the bottom left of the pic. Taller brick on the right, cone of the glass museum, shorter flat-roofed building on the left)

edit on 5/14/2014 by Olivine because: add a pic

top topics

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join