It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to: Olivine

Thanks for looking Olivine, that's not it but I can see the similarities.
It had no tree lines around it, it was sat atop the hills by itself, at least in my view, just the three structures.
Greven, an observatory is what I thought too.
I appreciate you all looking.

Edit : I've spent a while now looking at observatories and I have to say, that's not what I saw. It wasn't a structure with a dome on top, the structure was a dome in and of itself. Kind of like the Luovre, but half a sphere, instead of a triangle.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Anyone else have that feeling today? Not "the other shoe" feeling, the "ok, now where is it" feeling. That's not particularly accurate, I simply can't articulate any better than that. I feel like I'm gesticulating wildly mentally trying to come up with the right way to put it, argh.

GEE's running, EMSC & USGS pages open. We'll see if I'm just excessively tired soon enough, I suppose.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cherryontop

Would any of these image search results be close?

Glass dome buildings

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yes Nyiah, they are very much like the building in the center but none of the images I have searched have the other two buildings. And believe me, I as well as others have extensively been looking.
I think the search term that is closest is geodesic dome.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Aaagh!
Hubby & I feel awful today!
There has been a lot of moderate activity,
but it doesn't feel like it's over yet!

Shaky, achy, sad, antsy, no energy, ear ringing...
Anyone else???
WOQ

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Could be the same feeling i get when i look at these readings,,
and say too my "brain"

"ok,, so why the sycronicity???"

brain says,, go away,,

ohh by the bye,,
new web site, for quake cam.

abc7.com...

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cherryontop

I thought of the biosphere dome.

But I really think the structure are more symbolic. The dome representing something unique and beautiful, an archetectural achivement compared to the others yet some how it gets replaced by the simple structure.

Thanks for sharing your dream.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

I had a dreadful day yesterday....very anxious out of the blue, for no reason, and as sore as hell last night....extreme fibro pain, and have had two nights running of nightmares that woke me up in a sweat, about invasion, killing, very threatening atmosphere that takes ages to shake. I have that "run for the hills" feeling very strongly again, but hey...it might just be my hormones. Or maybe not.

Hope you're all feeling fine today...have a lovely weekend!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

Hi!
We're feeling better today, but still so achy.
I've been having that sleeping pill effect for the last half hour!
Feel asleep at the computer at least six times already.
Going to give up & go fall asleep in front of the TV
until it's time to go to bed! Ha, ha!

Hope you're feeling better & had a restful night's sleep!
WOQ

OMGosh! I just walked into the bathroom
& turned on two lights & a little nightlight.
As soon as I touched them, they came on, then went out!

I just changed the bulb in the nightlight the other night.
No matter what I did, they wouldn't work.
I had another nightlight bulb right there,
tried changing that...nothing!

So I figured I must have blown a fuse somehow.
I was on my way outside to pick some lilacs
because we might have a frost tonight.
As I left the bathroom, all the lights came back on!

Went outside, picked some lilacs, came back in,
it's starting to get dark, went to turn on the outside lights...
killed all 3 of them too, plus the light in the entry way!!!

The lights in the bathroom went back out when I walked in again,
didn't even have to touch them this time!
We've lived in this house for 35 years,
nothing like this has ever happened before!!!
I'm pretty sure the lights aren't even on the same fuse!

I'm not even going to go down & check,
I'll wait for hubby to do it when he gets home!
I'm afraid I'll short out the whole house!!!

Now I'm afraid to turn on the TV or pet the cat!!!
The only thing even remotely close to something happening like this,
was before Fukushima. I was getting/giving huge shocks!!!
I hope it's just a coincidence!!!

edit on 17-5-2014 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Things have been absolutely dreadful the past few day. Yesterday was okay but I totally feel you on the "sleeping pill effect" I think I slept nearly all day the other day then only a few hours later I went back to bed.

I decided to write it down to post later. My notes are:

"Friday and Saturday, May 16 and 17th 2014

Irritable and angry all Friday night now at 2:23 AM Saturday I'm nauseated. Slept from about 4 AM Friday till about 3pm Saturday then napped off and on until 5 PM."

As of current last night I didn't sleep however I'm extremely exhausted and probably will be falling asleep for nap this afternoon and my legs are pretty sore or at least one of them is. I did have some ear ringing last night and it was pretty loud.

Hope you, hubby and cats and Cait are doing better today. Anyone else I missed as well.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

The only thing showing up after I posted the other night:

Off the west coast of northern Sumatra
2014-05-18 01:02:29 UTC
9.8 km

Expected something bigger than that!

Now that you mention it, there was one day when hubby felt nauseous too.
So much ear ringing anymore, that I don't hardly pay attention.
We feel better today, but still dragging & achy.

Having a big, extended family camping trip Friday 'til Monday.
Relatives coming in from all over the state & out of state.
Sure hope nothing is perking then to spoil it!

Internet is very spotty there too!
So if something happens I won't get to follow it,
unless I run down to the lake where the connection is better!

Hope you were able to 'catch' a nap & are feeling better!
WOQ

edit on 19-5-2014 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Wow yeah I'm still feeling rundown after a nap and all. I don't really get too alarmed until I start getting vertigo which I've not had in a while but with the cluster of ear ringing, irritability, nausea, and aches and pains certainly aren't helping. I've yet to check the space weather or anything lately. But somehow I don't sense that being a huge issue though it could be.
With everything being as busy as it has been I just don't take time to document everything and check everything way I used to I'll get back to it though. Even if it's just doing what I did the other night by taking a note and saving it for later to post here.

Sounds like you've got a pretty busy week planned and hope all goes well.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Hi guys...

Hope today is better for you all. It's been a rough few days here too. Lots of pain, exhaustion over the weekend to the point where I almost couldn't stand up when I got home from work, and even when I lay down to try and alleviate it, the pains in my legs and back just wouldn't go away. Have had some nausea, no ear ringing, lots of anxiety, and most worryingly, really bad palpitations, which often coincide with sun activity, but I havent checked either yet....on my way there next. I did notice on another site that there had been a 4.2 or there abouts in Germany, near Frankfurt, which is also very close to the Laacher See, a quiet, but still considered active, supervolcano right in the middle of Europe. With this quake, and the few recent very unusual quakes in the UK too, I'm getting a little watchful. Just a little though.

Apparently there are fairy major quakes that run from Europe quite far up into the UK, and London is thought to be overdue for a sizeable quake, maybe a 5. I can't imagine the mess that would cause.

Am drinking tea, and trying to wake up here....have a lovely day...will check in later.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Feeling really yucky today, nausea mostly. Just a little bit of anxiety feeling like I have to hurry hurry hurry for some unknown reason. A few hours ago I had ringing in my right ear I was pretty significant.

Honestly this feels like "solar related sickness" which is just my term for how I feel when it's something geomagnetic, flares or CME passages. If I'm like this, I usually feel worst around this time of day when the sun is pretty intense in late afternoon prior to sunset. I'm feeling uneasy around certain electronics too. That's another huge indicator for me.

I did some looking and on spaceweather I found this.

SOLAR SECTOR BOUNDARY CROSSING: High-latitude auroras are possible on May 21st when Earth crosses through a fold in the heliospheric current sheet. This is called a "solar sector boundary crossing," and NOAA forecasters estimate a 20% chance of polar geomagnetic storms when it occurs.

Though, I see the mag 6 in India just now, happened a few hours ago. Which interestingly was right around the time of the ear ringing.

I am gonna lay down for a while. I'm hardly able to sit at my desk.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Are you close to this one???

13km SW of Powhatan, Virginia
2014-05-22 01:47:14 UTC
1.1 km

WOQ

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Oh my. Yes. That is in my state. I'm about 2 hours away? I even had the usgs page up most of the afternoon but shortly after 7:30 or so, I closed it. I had been feeling better but was kinda icky again sometime after. I thought I felt something but wasn't sure as we have lots of cars and stuff that pass on my street. So I ignored it. I was also pretty caught up in reading some things too.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Time to post again. I've been absent for some days from the thread.

I'm beginning to watch the quake maps more intently. I mean, the USGS World Quakes Map is actually my home page (not kidding!) but right now, I'm starting to eye that map more warily.

If anyone gets the sudden urge to check in here during the next 12 to 24 hrs, then please post if you are feeling the same. Or okay, post if you're not and everything's hunky dory! Just like to know what the general feeling is.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hope you're getting on better now. You must be very sensitive and it sounds like you've really been through the mill lately. I rarely get it that bad but when it happens -- yeah, I can relate.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae
Hi Cait, I see you also had a rough time for a while there. Please let us know how you're getting on.

And WOQ -- you get that light problem as well? We have it sometimes and it can be pretty annoying! Never been able to tie it in to any specific sequence of events; for us it's -- well hard to figure!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Mike...thank you for the reply,
and hope you're well. I'm feeling better physically, with not nearly as much pain, and no palpitations for a few days now, the nightmares have stopped too. Still very anxious though, for no known reason as usual, and have that "run for the hills" feeling. The middle of summer here is not usual time for me to feel like I want to stock up and batten down the hatches, but it's there. The 6.9 in Greece has me spooked a bit, especially since it's hardly been mentioned in the mainstream media. I cannot...absolutely cannot...shake the feeling that there is something massive looming that "authorities" know about, or strongly suspect, and they're not telling us.

new topics

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join