It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eccentriclady
Thank you for posting.
If you can recall where you posted, it would be great to have a link to the post so we can cross-reference it in this thread.

Do you have any concept of where the location may be? Either directly (eg name of a country) or by association? ETA: By "association" I mean any images or impressions that might indicate a possible location. These could include types and styles of buildings, clothing styles, vegetation (or the lack of it) and even language on signs and so forth.

edit on 21/4/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Good to see you again, Nyiah. I am feeling very much the same way. I've long since learned to differentiate between "real life" stresses and the more esoteric effects, and right now it's a case of the latter, not the former. Hate to say it, but I only get this edgy pretty rarely and it normally means something major. (ie, in respect of quakes.)

Can't nail down a location, though. I just studied the USGS earthquake map and sent out the mental question "Where??" and all I got was a totally puzzling answer: "Hasta la vista." Not being a Spanish speaker I looked it up to see exactly what it means. Apparently it just means something like "See you later."

I'm hoping one of our members could add a little insight. Or a gut feeling. Why would I, a native English speaker, living in a place where virtually no-one speaks Spanish anyway, get "Hasta la vista? when I look at the world quake map? (I have never had this foreign-language factor come into play before, as far as I recall.) Does it simply mean that the "Where?" I'm looking for is a Spanish-speaking country (or alternatively a region where many people speak Spanish), or is there another layer of meaning here?

The trouble is, if it just means a Spanish-speaking country/region, it narrows things down a bit but still leaves plenty of countries that would fit. I mentioned some in an earlier post, but just to make it clear: at the time I wrote that post I was only thinking about locations and their seismic activity, not local languages.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't normally post here. But I kinda feel the need to.

I have been very edgy lately. Now, I will say I also have a lot going on in my life. (I will never move again) But it just seems to be alittle more than that. Hubby and I are fussing about dumb things. The atmosphere where I work, you can cut the air with a knife.

I was reading somewhere that there is a "Grand Cross" in astrology. From what I remember reading. This is a very powerful time.

Does anyone here subscribe to that theory, and if so what are your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I don't like to hear that you're edgy. Not at all. That means that something is up. Also the Spanish connection....my first customers this morning, and they came back at lunchtime for more, were a Spanish lady and her daughter. This is rural north east Scotland...Spaniards are thin on the ground here. Her daughter was looking at some of the pebbles in the giftshop, and translating the words gold and copper into Spanish. I keep hearing her say "oro"...Spanish for gold.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
Hi crappiekat. Moving is something I also try to avoid!

I don't know much about this "Grand Cross" so I hope someone with decent knowledge can explain its significance.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I feel for you. *hugs* The Grand Cross thing is significant for sure, and is causing mayhem in my life, lots of unexpected nasties that show the truth, and turn your world upside down. Why did I just use those words in an earthquake thread, hmmm? This week has been a nightmare, but at least it's shown me I'm not mad, delusional, paranoid...all the things I suspected of myself.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae
Cait, at a rough guess, how often in a year would you get Spanish-speaking customers in your shop? (I'm trying to relate the relative unlikelihood of it to what I mentioned myself.)

As for "oro" -- well, that leads my mind back to Sth America as a major source of gold in the time of the Conquistadors. Not only there, for sure, but it all points that way.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I don't remember a single Spanish speaking customer, even when I was in Aberdeen city, which is a much bigger place than I'm in now. I have a really good ear for languages, and speak reasonable French and German, and can often pick up little bit of conversations in other languages without too much trouble, so I would recognise which language was being spoken for sure. Let's just work with where I am now though, which is almost a year old...and no Spanish people at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae
So, not just rare, but unique! And it happened today -- the same day that I get a Spanish phrase as a possible indicator, never having had a foreign-language phrase in that context before.

That's what I'd call "affirmation".

Now to figure out what to do with it.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Hi, Mike!
I started out chuckling because, "Hasta la vista, baby!"
was Arnold Schwarzenegger's catch phrase in the movie sequel,
'Terminator 2: Judgment Day'!

But the more digging I do...the more my one eyebrow raises!!!
It took place in Los Angeles. Was filmed around California & New Mexico.
One of the lead characters, Sarah, was going to runaway to Mexico,
but had a dream about a nuclear explosion & decided to try & prevent it.

Back to Arnold! Used to be governor of California, lived in Sacramento then.
As far as I can find, now lives in L.A.
Owns interests in a shopping mall in Columbus, Ohio.
Also owns Arnold's Sports Festival, which is some sort of 3 day,
international body building competition there every year.
Already checked, it already took place this year.
Another annual competition in Brazil, April 25-27. Hmmm....

I also looked up names. There is a Vista, zip 92083;
Vista Grande 94016; & Vista Park 93307, all in Calif.
Even weirder, an Oro Grande 92368, too!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Wahhhh!!!! I was just going to post all of this, just about...lol!
How odd that we were thinking along the same lines.

I also found lots of places in South America called Costa del Oro, so I guess it's not that unusual.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Oh yeah! I remember that movie.

When Arnie's character used the "Hasta la vista, baby!" phrase the first time, he was driving a car with the boy in it (who IIRC was teaching the Terminator how to talk normally, not like a robot). They were driving way out into the middle of nowhere. Heading south. NM/Mexico.

New Mexico is highly unlikely for anything major in quakes. But Mexico? Well, yes.

So -- yes. Weird, but it fits.

Personally, I've been puzzling over the Oriente Fault that runs through the southernmost part of Cuba. Can't explain why as it would take pages. Just thought I'd better mention it, though.
ETA: an odd little point I found just now when trawling around on the Hasta La Vista theme. The band U2 did a special album some years back, called Hasta La Vista, Baby -- Live In Mexico City.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
First thing to my mind was Chula Vista.

I'm feeling queasy and up all night without sleep. Feeling calm though. Just aware of the fact that I'm still awake when I'd usually be sawing logs.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hi! Thank you JustMike.

I have had a very bad, troubling, ominous ' feeling, ' since April 15th Tuesday.
It's now April 22nd Tuesday.
The ' feelings ' are sooo much stronger.
It has been almost impossible to sleep despite feeling like a child with gritty, tired, droopiness one's parents tell them.
The ' symptoms ' are stronger than any I've felt since my early 20's, so almost 30 years, 28 I guess tbh.
I've been so thirsty it is odd. I wake to grab my glass of water which I've begun putting lemon wedges or juicee in, yet have been having all sorts of water dreams till I give up, stay awake & and feel sick.
I've had vertigo so bad I've been falling, cluster migraines that won't stop, vomiting, giant butterflies in my tummy, wobbly legs, as on my feet the ground anywhere feels like it is tremoring, no matter where I sit or lay down, I feel outside & thus inner tremors.
I actually went for a brain scan as 7 weeks of tremors, cluster migraines, vertigo & nausea at such levels would be pretty much be indicative of a tumor.
My check up & scan were normal.
Now from the 19th through, including today, I have outer tremors so bad it's as if I've drank a ton of coffee yet only tend to have 2 or 3 cups max in 24 hour periods as I have & always knew I do, a hereditary heart condition so I am aware of my limits.
I've been somewhat snappy, apologizing immediately as I do not tend to be that way.
All my friends have been asking me, " Are you okay? Is something wrong? How about your feelings, are those okay? How come you don't seem your usual self? " Etc.
What can I really tell them that they'd understand without sending me to more Doctors?

And this is the 1st time my bones even feel affected, weak.
Muscles have before but not bones!

So I've seen a lot of Doctors, the older ones thinking something is wrong at home as all scans & tests are normal for me.
The younger Doctors tell me they've noticed an increase of these effects in roughly an 8th of their patients, think we all have some commonality they just don't understand, but for those Doctors from other Countries that DO get EQ's.
They are still testing though they feel my symptoms are basically ALL due to feeling EQ's even though there are none in most of Canada, especially here in Manitoba or the Saskatchewan Prairie areas.
But....700 to 900 Km's North west of me, our odd tiny volcano's have been becoming reactive again.......

Whew! Feels better discussing this with people who have similar to exact feelings & symptoms....Thank you to all...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There are also many places by the name of La Vista. Towns, resorts...
La Vista, Nebraska
La Vista Hotel, St Maarten, Caribbean
...and so on.

Technically, hasta la vista means 'until the sight' even though it's commonly used to relate the English equivalent of 'see you later' ...so maybe you'll find out later.
edit on 20Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:29:58 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

Wow! Chula Vista! I had never heard of it before.
Then today when I was reading the obituary of our local middle aged doctor,
that died unexpectedly on Sunday, I saw he had a sister that lived in Chula Vista!
What are the odds??? Weird!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

Hope you're feeling better!
Hubby has his cranky pants on again & I have lots of energy again today,
even though I was busy over the weekend & didn't get enough sleep, so...
He says he's so over all these symptoms! He really tries to ignore them.

He went through the same thing, all kinds of tests & doctors!
After he tested fine for everything, & we found out about the possible eq connection,
we were at least able to stop worrying that he had something wrong!
He has a nice tan, but when a big one is coming, he looks absolutely white!
People will comment on how awful he looks. He hates that!

Funny how when weird things happen, people say it must be full moon.
But bring up something about eqs & symptoms & they look at you like you're senile!
I always get grief from our oldest daughter for spending time on eqs.
But as soon as we felt Virginia's 5.8 here, everybody in her office said,
"Call your Mom & find out what that was, I bet she knows!" Ha, ha!
Hmm...I must be talked about in her office! I can imagine what she tells them!
You just have to educate them slowly, without them realizing you're doing it!

I found out about the craving for corn connection, on this thread, from Mike.
Sometimes it's just for canned, creamed, corn. Other times it's for popcorn.
But during the last string of them...nothing! Maybe it depends on location?
So still have a lot of observing to do!
WOQ

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven
Actually, Nebraska is like a 4 hour drive for me?
So possibly.........
It is 130 am here atm....last fair tremor had been at 1126 pm....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

They improved a bit, now have worsened again.....thank you for asking

I felt just like this when the Chilean coast had their 8.3 EQ......

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just wanted to say morning...hope you're all feeling a bit better today (hugs to Stormy Stars
) and to drop into the conversation that the Spanish lady came back in the shop yesterday to drop off business cards. She's a gardener, and her cards have a picture of an Ash tree on them, and the name Ash Landscapes. I immediately thought of volcanic ash, but maybe that's just me. I hope so.

new topics

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join