It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling Photograph of UFO Over Derry?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reminds me of this lamp postings (lol?)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i would have taken 1000 pictures. and center the subject in most of them. because i will make a lot of money that way.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
It's definitely a fake photo. Unfortunately I have no permission to post the original photo here, *however* I do have permission to post it at my own website. I'll have the full size and illustrative points up tonight.

Doc Lithium happened to be driving today in Degerby, Southern Finland when he suddenly saw a weird object hovering near a small airstrip. Luckily, I had a similar Nokia 5500 cell phone as the guy in Derry, UK -- and I immediately remembered that it can take great photos in this kind of situations. I dug the phone out of my pocket and took a quick shot.

I started following the object and stopped by a small plane that was grounded. Obviously the object was circling around the plane, perhaps interested to see why this other fellow was not flying. I took another photo through the windshield while I was still driving.

Then I realized that I could get a much better photo if I opened the window. Indeed that was the case! A really nice shot.

Suddenly I felt a strong urge to turn my car around and escape the scene while I was still alive. Instead, I took a deep breath and decided to take a final look at the object, stepping out of my car. The UFO was gone. Where was it?

Then I noticed that some prankster had attached a tea strainer to my car.

And I had really hoped that today was the day I took my first ever UFO photos and could make a fortune selling the pics, or at least create a longer-than-ever thread on ATS and earn one million points as a bonus. Sigh.

Seriously, if the Derry photo is made with a similar approach (note the reflections on my photos, the sun is between the plane and the UFO), it will greatly hurt the credibility of any real UFO pictures. That's why I took the effort to even try to re-create something similar to what was photographed in Derry. No CGI involved here -- just a mediocre cell phone camera, a car, some Blu-Tack and an obscure kitchen utensil.

[edit on 20.5.2008 by Doc Lithium]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Lithium

Good job to the Doc and jritzmann. Well and truly debunked. See you around on the threads sometime. Keep up the good work.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I see my total crap won out in some circles.

Comparison of sweet to the pic to show that the lighting on one of the white sweets can produce a metalic look.No need to paint it.
The height and diamater as well as the dimensions of the lip on the sweet all correspond.The pic below is to show apperance only as it is slightly tilted.For measurement purposes I used a different photo I took and used overlays and grids.

and don't forget there is no deception here ... It IS a "Flying Saucer"
Now to eat the evidence

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Did you see them]

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Did you see them]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

LOL...nice. I credited you in my report for finding the candies and making the connection, which is on my website in current cases section.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks Jeff,
I've just been over and saw it.
Another site to add to my favs.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Jeff - excellent work debunking.

Have you seen them - excellent work assisting in the debunking.

Breifne - excellent work in debunking the ''lamp'' case.

Paul - you are this week's turkey for believing.

Bragging rights - you know!!

Brei.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Breifne]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I didnt read all 7 pages but didnt anyone notice the 2 different light sources? the "object" has light from the RIGHT side, but the houses are in shadow and the car parked down the road has the sun coming from the LEFT

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringing
I didnt read all 7 pages but didnt anyone notice the 2 different light sources? the "object" has light from the RIGHT side, but the houses are in shadow and the car parked down the road has the sun coming from the LEFT

Please check my hi-res photo in this link. The "UFO" shows a reflection as if the sun were in the left, whereas the plane canopy shows the reflection on its right side. Actually the sun is between these two objects, too high above to be seen in the photo.

This is how the reflections behave when the other object is very close (the UFO) and the other (plane) is far away.

One more note: Had I been the Derry photographer, I would have taken the photo from the back seat of the car. That way both the UFO and the background would have appeared similarly sharp, as the minimum distance for sharp photos is about two feet with this particular camera. Still the car interior would have looked quite realistic. Actually I leaned quite far back myself when I took some of my "UFO" photos, in order to minimize the difference in sharpness of the different objects.

And I'm still waiting to see a real unidentified flying object to photograph myself. If I ever get that chance (I've been waiting for 30 years now) I promise to take such photos that can't realistically be debunked.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Please can I clear up any confusion regarding the UFO image, I am called Michael Harkin, I am a keen , but not a professional photographer , I do live in Derry , I own Celtic Images, but I didnt take the UFO photo , merely a coincidence, same name , same town

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just to put all this streetlight business to bed. I live off the Prehen Road and i can assure you that We don't have ridiculous piece of crap streetlights like that. Everything else y'all have been saying fine, go with it, but it is NOT one of our streetlights! don't believe me... then come over for a few beers and i'll show you myself. Cheers, Tom

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

hi there im derek form derry n.ireland i have a video that was taken last night boxing night of to unidentiied objects in the sky over culmore. has any one else seen this please contact me on *snip* if interested and ill forward the video as i cant seem to post it on the forum.

thanks

====
Mod Edit: email snipped

[edit on 12/27/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hello Mr. Harkin. It's been debunked for quite some time as a completely fabricated photo.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Truely startling. Wow you have amazing credibility around here now. Please come back anytime with more crap.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join