It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling Photograph of UFO Over Derry?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

Is it real or memorex?

Michael Harkin from Galliagh got in contact by email this week with this startling photograph which appears to show a suspected UFO in the Prehen area of Derry.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Now that'd be one to look at...if it was shown above a postage stamp size. :/

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi Frank,

Seems fairly authentic - clear, visible, not many hoax reports on UFO's in Ireland, sun is casting a shadow in the right area, although for such a large object, I would expect that others witnessed it too.

Would be interested if there are any after-reports of this. The guy also appears to be genuine as he is asking for other witnesses to come forward and confirm the sighting.

Can anyone do anything with the picture?

Brei.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Mornin' Jeff,

Originally posted by jritzmann

The craft depicted seems eerily familiar . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I took the image and cropped it close on the object and it does look a bit suspect. The tree around the bottom of the craft is unusually blurry compared to the rest of the tree. There are some strange pixels at the top of the craft as well that make it look like cut and paste.

Sorry about the size but if you zoom in on the area I think you will see what I mean.

[Mod Edit - Remove broken image link]

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Sauron]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

sorry about that link

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gordstephan

Yeh, I took a closer look and it appears that the pixels of the UFO are minature to the surrounding pixels at the top left hand corner of the shot.

Brei.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reminds me of a water tower.

Don't laugh... it wouldn't surprise me if this one wasn't build to resemble a UFO, if it is indeed a water tower.

Just edit out the legs and there you have it.

just my thoughts...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gordstephan
I took the image and cropped it close on the object and it does look a bit suspect. The tree around the bottom of the craft is unusually blurry compared to the rest of the tree. There are some strange pixels at the top of the craft as well that make it look like cut and paste.

Sorry about the size but if you zoom in on the area I think you will see what I mean.

Believe me I'm in no way defending this image, but you're talking about a highly compressed and sized image. There's no way you can determine *anything* from it. All the strange pixels and blur are compression ot only potentially in the original, but made worse by compression artifacts and sizing.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The object appears to be much brighter than the surrounding scenery.

Additionally, due to the highlight on the object, the sun appears to be providing light from the right, perhaps 3 o'clock. However, the highlight on the vehicle and lack of sunlight on the roofs of the homes would seem to indicate sunlight on the scenery is coming from the left, at approximately 10 o'clock.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren
Mornin' Jeff,

Originally posted by jritzmann

The craft depicted seems eerily familiar . . .

Cheers,
Frank

Yup, similar to the Las Lunas, New Mexico 09.24.1972 photo, or the one seen here:
www.luisprada.com...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Street light on a pole.

The edge of the window cuts off the part that extends down to the actual pole.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Nohup]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Street light on a pole.

The edge of the window cuts off the part that extends down to the actual pole.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Nohup]

I went back and looked at it again, and that's a pretty plausible explanation.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The primary reason this is not a believable UFO (from another planet) is that it could just be a back-engineered Earthling test vehicle.

NSA has been building those for forty years.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The UFO in question looks awfully consistent with a tea strainer. One can surmise that it would be very easy to stick it out the window while driving, while hiding the handle portion of the strainer behind the window frame. Passenger shoots the photo. Viola.

I have provided a few photos of strainers. Some are mesh, most traditional ones are stainless steel, 2 sided.

Original photo

I would also assume a lot of people drink tea in Derry, of course.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Oh, also, if a craft was that big, and that close to my camera. I would probably pull over and take another photo. Thats just me though.

There are many critical details left out of this story as far as where the craft went after the photo was taken, etc. This finds me rather suspicious.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't think too many people here drink through or using a tea strainer anymore. It more closely resembles one of those old toys, where you push down on a metal stick and let the thing wizz round (without the metal stick of course)!

Secondly, lamp posts do not look like that, they are more rectangular than circular - they are also white metal on top and clear glass / plastic underside.

Also, the top and bottom don't appear to match in equal size, it seems one overlaps the other.

?

Brei.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here's a picture of a street light that is close to it. I'm sure there are different varieties of this kind of light. Catch it in your windshield without the pole in view and voilà, a flying UFO.

[edit on 5/9/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
I don't think too many people here drink through or using a tea strainer anymore. It more closely resembles one of those old toys, where you push down on a metal stick and let the thing wizz round (without the metal stick of course)!

Brei.

Thats the point my friend . No one drinks through a strainer. Thats why its called a strainer.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The original poster in the news site is here and has posted this response to the comments displayed in the article:

"hi all, just to let you all know and to put to bed any rumours, the picture displayed was taken from my travelling car by michael, therefore no deception has taken place and the picture has not been modified on computer it is still on the mobile phone as you can see it on here and i can assure you it is not a street light."

www.derryjournal.com...

Catriona Horner is the name if your looking for further investigation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join