It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling Photograph of UFO Over Derry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UNKNOWN313

Wow that's kinda creepy, but not really after seeing the lights. They look sort of cool, and if I had to bet, I'd say non threatening. But you never know.

If they start getting progressivly closer night to night. I'd start to be a bit concerned. Maybe have some people, or police check it out?

But again they see quite harmless, and playful. Then again so do alot of little cuddly looking animals, until they bite you really hard. heh.

Either way It's a good video, I have no idea of what that could be. You say they appear every night? or just often? (Sorry, I have a short memeory when it comes to reading.) and they hang out flashing around for like an hour 2 am-3 am? Wierd.

May I ask how long this has been going on for? (sorry if you already said so in an earlier post you probably did, and I forgot). Damn I'm gonna piss you off makeing you repeat yourself, my apologies.

But You should DEFINITELY make a new thread, with your video, and story, so we don't de-rail this thread, anymore than we already have. You can put all that info like when the lights first began appearing, if they come every night, or a couple nights a week ect in the original Post of your thread, and include the you tube link to you video especially.

But you don't have to make a thread about it if you don't want just a suggestion. Good Luck!

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
well if it is a street lamp then the cars fake,?

the refections all wrong so witch is it the car or the ufo?

editorial.jpress.co.uk...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

Originally posted by Frank Warren
Mornin' Jeff,

Now that'd be one to look at...if it was shown above a postage stamp size. :/

The craft depicted seems eerily familiar . . .

Cheers,
Frank

Yup, similar to the Las Lunas, New Mexico 09.24.1972 photo, or the one seen here:
www.luisprada.com...

Sorry but your photo is a late model of the UFO. They upgraded you know. Can't have the same old same old you know.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is a joke right. I mean no one expects me to believe that crap do they?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UNKNOWN313

I live in Adelaide South Australia and I see similar object as well (looking NW at about midnight at 45 deg).
It’s a planet in our solar system that is reflecting the sun.
It might be caused by its planetary alignment, but hey beautiful colours none the less.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
That is not a street lamp.

Prehen Road is just outside of Derry City (country road type place). A road that will not have any main lamp posts and even if it did, it would not be round, it would be rectangular. What would a main street lamp be doing in the middle of no where - look at the road, the houses, the background - then look at the streetlamp / ufo? Does it fit in?

Go on google pictures etc and type in street lamp / light - it will show generally a rectangular shaped light. Round street lights are rare, esp. in Ireland.

Besides, the 'light' or 'ufo' or 'thingy' is too large to be an actual street lamp given its distance from the vehicle and size in relation to the local houses.

If this is a street light, I will eat my hat (with a healthy choice of pizza toppings of course). I'm not saying it is the genuine article - but please prove it is a street light first!

Brei.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Why is that everytime there is a picture of what is obvious it turns into a mystery. The news media feeds off the same way. The big question mark. Just stop trying to solve the mystery. Take for granted at what it is.

It's a spaceship. Their made in all shapes and sizes.

Next time I see a thread I want to read "new photograph of a spaceship".

I think it's a great photo. All though it's just one photo. It must not be easy capturing something moving around and capable of high speeds. Now if it was just a standstill ship in the sky. I would of turned that trip around to get more photos. It would of been a good idea to call the authority. Which is something everyone around the world needs. We need an agency that will respond to situations like this.

They might be able to shoot them down for us and take them back to the underground base for reverse engineering.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

Well it isn't zipping around it is standing still, there's zero motion blur on it at all.

At best it's doing 15 miles an hour to matching the cars speed (creating no motion blur) on the small back country road. I don't think you'd be allowed to travel faster than that on a road that is too small for streetlights

So either way, multiple pictures could have been taken, and there should have been many witnesses as the object is as big as a house, and barely moving.

That plus the fact the photgrapher refuses to take a picture of this pic on a cell phone to prove his credibility leads me to believe it's a fake.

As well as the two people in the other thread that said the street lights around that area look exactly like that.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to stick with Streetlight/Streetlamp.

I did about a good 40 minutes of steetlight research yesterday, and only saw a couple that were remotely similiar to this. But then again 145 out of the 150 I looked at were elaborate streetlamps, more works of art than conventional streetlights used to light up miles of roadway. The majority were for lighting the outsides of businesses, or for lighting small walkway bridges ect.

Oh well I guess this one will remain a mystery, unless we have a member who lives near this actual area, willing to go check it out. Prehan(sp?) Rd. on the map I saw didn't look like it was more than a few miles long, though i could be way off, but if I lived within a half hours/hours drive from the Road, I'd go check it out.

But unfortunately I live about 8-10 hours from there by plane, heh.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hi UNKNOWN313,

Thank you for showing us your video!

At face value, I find this very, very interesting and would like to ask you more questions about it.

You must definitely give this video it's own topic.

Then we can debate all the details and see if we cant get any answers for you ... and for us!

Please make a new topic for this video ... Please?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
What you see in the photograph is a street lamp head. How do I know?
I know the area. I have family in Prehen, and my brother Pete laughed his knackers off at the report that it was a "ufo". Also, as Derry and Prehen are quite a hilly areas (Prehen being 2.5 miles outside Derry), the "ufo" would of been seen by MANY people. As the photograph was taken no more than 500 yards from the Everglades Hotel, then surely many more people there would have witnessed it.The location of the "ufo" would also be very clear from the Derry-Letterkenny road, (directly across the river Foyle from Prehen) and a busy road at that. Again no more witnesses.
The slip road where the photo was taken is 100 yards from the Derry Strabane road, again another busy road. Again no more witnesses.
The same area where the "ufo" was spotted is also in clear view of the Brandywell area of Derry, and western Creggan. So how come no-one else has verified the "ufo" sighting? Simple it was not a "ufo". It is a street lamp head. Put it to rest.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
That is not a street lamp.

Prehen Road is just outside of Derry City (country road type place). A road that will not have any main lamp posts and even if it did, it would not be round, it would be rectangular. What would a main street lamp be doing in the middle of no where - look at the road, the houses, the background - then look at the streetlamp / ufo? Does it fit in?

Go on google pictures etc and type in street lamp / light - it will show generally a rectangular shaped light. Round street lights are rare, esp. in Ireland.

Besides, the 'light' or 'ufo' or 'thingy' is too large to be an actual street lamp given its distance from the vehicle and size in relation to the local houses.

If this is a street light, I will eat my hat (with a healthy choice of pizza toppings of course). I'm not saying it is the genuine article - but please prove it is a street light first!

Brei.

had to join the forum to post this:

i can concur with Brei.

i actually LIVE in londonderry (some people call it derry, but that's another story), about a mile from where this photo was supposedly taken.

i can state for a FACT that this is NOT a street light. of that, you can be sure i am certain!

all those people who say they know people in ireland, or they live here and that's what the street lights look like - they're wrong!

i don't know what it is, but it's definitely not a street light - i've been here 35 years and have never seen one like it...

now with the negative:

in northern ireland, we drive on the left, so it could be possible that the passenger could have stuck something out the window and snapped it himself. someone earlier posted that it would be a 2-man operation. this wouldn't be the case.

we might be viewed as a third world country in some parts of the planet, but also know that we have moved with the times and the teabag is the method of choice whenever we fancy a cuppa! (tetley being my preferred flavour). i've never even seen a strainer in real life, nor do i know of anyone who has one!

now the clincher - londonderry (or derry) is a city of approximately 60,000 people. the area where that picture was taken is about a mile from the city center, and if it crossed right to left (which i think is supposed to be the case) then it would have flown right over the city center. there is NO WAY ON EARTH that it could have gone unnoticed by hundreds, or possibly even thousands of people.

if this is a ufo, then today is the day when we would safely be able to say for sure that alien life exists because this particular incident would be the story of our lifetime - simply because of where it is supposed to have been spotted. it is just not physically possible that it wasn't spotted by more than one person.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There are a couple of updates to this case.

UFO snapper defends spaceship photo:
www.derryjournal.com... hip-photo.4078323.jp

UFO expert claims Foyle a portal for E.T's:
www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk... a.4078833.jp

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I do not live in Ireland so I cannot state what your street lights look like... HOWEVER with this amazing thing we call the internet and a few searches I am quite sure someone who is determined or just plain bored can quite easily find a street lamp that looks like a disc.
I myself looked at the picture for about 5 seconds before noticing the obvious tell of a street lamp..... you can see through the bottom half of the disc!!!!!! also if you look just that little bit harder you will notice the bottom (clear) dome has a darker shading around the top part of its half. What could that be I wonder? Definately not a light globe

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am familiar with Derry, and what you're seeing is nothing more than a street lamp. "PERIOD"!!!
"Viewer"

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Both of your links do not work.
dont know why, they just show "page not found"

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why don't the posters who claim to live in Ireland go and take a picture of these so called street lamps. I've never seen street lamps like this anywhere in Britain or Ireland. I'm not saying this picture is a UFO, but before I write it off I'd like to see one of these lamps. As another poster said I'd expect this sort of lamp in a city, but not down a country lane. Many country lanes don't even have street lamps.

I've just started checking the web to try and find something similar. I'll add pictures as I find them. Here's one in a built up area. Similar to the ones In England, rectangular.

travel.webshots.com...

This one is more interesting.

upload.wikimedia.org...

[edit on 14uWednesday08/27/20 by paul76]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I just wanted to post that I've contacted the paper and was given contact with the witness/shooter, and was also given the full high res of the image, which is much larger then what's been released.

Ya know what? I'm gonna examine this one...I'm really curious about it.

I'll keep updates as I go along.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I just wanted to post that I've contacted the paper and was given contact with the witness/shooter, and was also given the full high res of the image, which is much larger then what's been released.

Ya know what? I'm gonna examine this one...I'm really curious about it.

I'll keep updates as I go along.

Brilliant news jritzmann. I'm glad you're following up on this picture. I find it very intriguing if I'm being honest. I'm usually very sceptical of UFO pictures but for some reason this picture caught my eye. I'll look forward to seeing what you can find out about the picture.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Brilliant news jritzmann. I'm glad you're following up on this picture. I find it very intriguing if I'm being honest. I'm usually very sceptical of UFO pictures but for some reason this picture caught my eye. I'll look forward to seeing what you can find out about the picture.

It's somewhat interesting. iIt's gotten a lot of public attention...and you know damned well if it's not followed up on, it likely never will be. People deserve a resolution, whether it's fake or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join