It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling Photograph of UFO Over Derry?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks a lot for that link Internos. What's your take on the picture? I still don't know what to think if I'm being honest. I think the full picture looks pretty impressive. The object looks completely out of place in my opinion. It doesn't look like anything conventional to me.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What immediately springs to mind for me is the focus of the shot..

If the alleged UFO was over the houses/at a distance, then the object would be in clearer focus like the trees, telephone lines, and even the clouds are..

But the only thing with a similar depth of focus is the interior of the car window, which would suggest that the image is much closer to the camera than the surrounding objects.

Ergo - it is something being held out of the window, or on the pavement, with the line of sight obscuring the supporting object (be it a hand or pole, etc).

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
reply to post by internos

Thanks a lot for that link Internos. What's your take on the picture? I still don't know what to think if I'm being honest. I think the full picture looks pretty impressive. The object looks completely out of place in my opinion. It doesn't look like anything conventional to me.

You are welcome.
My take is that i'm more than happy that Jeff is on it

All i can say so far, is that when i look at the whole photo the object looks to be out of place in my opinion too, and the fact that it's not entirely visible is not a very positive clue.
If it's a hoax, and it has been made even just one mistake, you can bet that Jeff will spot it
I look forward for his analysis results

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Going over the house and then over the back garden

Do you think it is the same as this one ?

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Did you see them]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's certainly similar in the fact that each of them is obscured on one side, which would point to them being secured to something for the picture..

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

Hi, where did you get those photos - yours or off the internet?

They are similar to the Derry ufo claim, shape, colour etc. However, they are also similar in that there is always an obstruction just at some touching point of the object or it has just (out of coincidence?) flown just out of shot!

This happens to be the core barrier to establishing further its identity!

I think I am starting to sway toward the 'tea strainer' theory on this one!

Just my thoughts.

Brei.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stoo
It's certainly similar in the fact that each of them is obscured on one side, which would point to them being secured to something for the picture..

If the those pictures are from the same source then judging by the the positions of the object it's a fake. I'll reserve judgement until I know they're from the same source. It's easy for people to doctor pictures these days.

Where did you get them pictures from Doyouseethem? They're not as clear or as impressive as the original.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'd rather not say just yet were the pictures are from as I'm hoping to see some better pictures soon but I can say that I believe it really is a genuine flying saucer.When I get the OK I'll post more.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that this thread just took a turn for the worst?

(This is not a one liner)!

Brei

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Before I go any further here are the genuine "flying saucers" in the above photos.

I'm going to take a better set of them tomorrow to compare with the original when the sun is out.It was raining and very overcast for the above but the similarity is very obvious in my mind.And they are genuine flying saucers.

Pics taken with a Nokia 6610i

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
posted to show similarity in size and curvature.

As much as I don not want to debunk someones photo I think that the above similarity has to be shown.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What the hell are those above posts about? Can anybody explain to me? Are you trying to destroy this thread with complete crap?

Those pictures you posted are completely different from the original. It's looks like a very poor copy and paste to me. I'm not saying the original photo is real but at least it looks pretty good. What the hell are you showing Sherbert sweets for?

And why won't you reveal your source? Is it because you're playing games and you made those pictures yourself?

[edit on 17uSaturday08/27/20 by paul76]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Reminds me of the "Flight of the Navigator".

Anyone else see the "hand" or other object connected to the "UFO" at the edge of the windshield?
Were there other pictures taken or only this one?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think that what your looking at is a "flying saucer" sweet from the UK being held just around the edge of the windscreen.That is why there is a discrepancy with the "shadow" on the jagged edge as people have spotted and also the discrepancy with the lighting - because it is so close to the glass , light is being reflected back on to it.The diameter of the Derry saucer and its depth just happen to be proportinally identical to a common kids sweet.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I see what you've done there, but I don't see the reason why you posted that set of pictures as you did.

It would have been far better if you had been more honest about what you were doing from the first post, rather than trying to "trick" people...

for example:

I believe the photos are faked using a sherbet sweet called Flying Saucers, for reference, they look like this:

[pic]

When held out of the window of a car or another method where it is secured off one side of the camera frame out of sight, then the pictures resulting look very similar:

[pic] [pic] [pic]

I will try to get a better comparison shot when the lighting is better.

It's a much more trustworthy method.

I think the object in the original has a very similar shape, but I'm not sure if it is one of those sweets. In the original photo, the sweets would appear far more translucent, where as the original object seems to be opaque in direct sunlight, hinting that it is made of a different material.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Stoo]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The timing between the first post and saying what they are is 3 hours.
I was waiting to see if the sun came out to get a more well lit shot to post with an explanation but it continued to rain so I posted an explanation anyway. The sweets especially the white ones are very shinny and look like they could be made of anything.

Also note that NOWHERE have I accused the original of being a hoax.
All I have done is show a simple method of recreating the scene with which we were presented using a common sweet.

Please remember that the witnesses should continue to be treated with all due respect.

The similarities however have got to be discussed and people allowed to draw there own conclusions.
If one thing came out of doing it the way I did is the the fact that even a basic simple pic like I posted resulted in it being compared to a POOR copy and paste job !

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Did you see them]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Going over the house and then over the back garden

Do you think it is the same as this one ?

Can't believe your still discussing these STREET LIGHTING shots, common in N. Ireland where I grew up! That I posted top of pg2?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Mr. Harkin has contacted me, and I have the baseline info on the sighting. I also have sent him some more specific questions which he'll be replying to.

Just an update.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Mr. Harkin has contacted me, and I have the baseline info on the sighting. I also have sent him some more specific questions which he'll be replying to.

Just an update.

Good work mate. I thought this thread was dead and buried. It's a good sign that Mr Harking has contacted you. He's either very genuine or he's a complete nut-job
As other posters have said, this is probably a load of trash, but you never know do you? It's important to check each picture and to establish whether it's genuine or fake. If we all start dismissing pictures out of hand, then in the future we could just dismiss the smoking gun.

I'll say again, this picture intrigues me. I don't know why, with the position of the object I'd usually dismiss it out of hand, but for some reason I can't.

I'm sure I'll be made to look like a prized turkey once you've done your stuff.
I don't mind though, it wouldn't be the first time

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
As other posters have said, this is probably a load of trash, but you never know do you?

Well yeah. Actually I do.

It's definitely a fake photo. Unfortunately I have no permission to post the original photo here, *however* I do have permission to post it at my own website. I'll have the full size and illustrative points up tonight.

Suffice to say the focal quality of the UO is equal to that of the edge of the window. In short, it's right outside the glass. It's also painfully obvious that something is holding the object by the left side "lip". Fingers? I believe so, however it's quite hard to tell. I do see what appears to be close reflections in the lower left side of the object, that I could easily surmise are finers.

But, nevertheless, the focal issue is the killer. And it's ridiculously obvious to David Biedny and myself.

Someone mentioned the candy saucers? I think you're probably spot on, but who knows.

I've notified the paper, so let's see if journalistic integrity wins out. I've tld them I'll provide whatever grabs they want to illustrate the issue.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by jritzmann]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join