It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 273
<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I can attest to that... If I remember right, I was one of the "staff" who had to talk to Semper back in the day and he would NOT want that made public!

Springer...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have one person on my ignore list, when I go to managing ignore list it doesn't give me the option of deleting or un-ignoring, what is up with that?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

There's a little light blue delete button there ... you almost have to highlight it to see it cause it's so similar to the grey background on the 'mange ignores' page.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thank you so much, done.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i might be slighty unsober right now (ATS LIVE & beer mix well, especially when Semper is guest hosting
), forgive the wordage and the edits at the bottom....

how were the pictures of the Raptor/F-22 crash at Nellis AFB in December of 2004 involved in a legal despute?

i posted pictures of the aircraft after the crash on the airfield which included myself, and my truck's crew (firefighters) who responded to that F-22 crash at Nellis AFB.

my post contribution has been removed saying my post contribution or the images in it i offered were under legal dispute, bottom post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the same images and the same vantage point was on the local news:
www.air-attack.com...

the same pic i posted were on many front pages of different news papers.

the same image i posted is available to the general public:
www.google.com... &oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQsAQwAA&biw=1263&bih=553

curious as to why? was the link supplied under legal dispute for having those pictures?

The base itself permitted the press on base through the public relations office.

i posted those pics that were taken with permission from the base public relations officers.

is there any explanation anyone can offer? the same picture was also on the front page of the Las Vegas papers. It was an image that was dissiminated via the expressed consent of the base public relations authorities, as far as i know. Did ATS have any problems because of this?

My point is the pictures i posted were dissiminated to all media outlets that requested images from the base. i don't think they were "copyrighted".

just curious, any explanations?

thank you,
ET

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm looking for those who accuse people of doing something to be out in the open about it all - not about about some petty post of mine.

accusations are made on ATS, not always directly, sometimes indirectly.

make any accusation, and you are accusing from behind an avatar and an assumed name.

no real face.
no real name.
equals..
no real accusations.

don't post drunk,
et

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A quick hypothetical, if I may...

If a source is in hard copy only and not available on the 'net (e.g. old magazine or newspaper articles, etc.) can it be used as a source for a thread or post, if properly credited?

Obviously there's going to be people booing, hissing and screaming "OP wrote it himself" but that aside, is it okay?

Thanks for your time and sorry to make a nuisance of myself.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

That is perfectly acceptable..

Just make sure you only post a VERY short snippet, use the [ ex] tags and give a good accreditation..

You should also be able to find a link on the Net referencing the book or article and include it too..

Semper

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Hi, Semper. Thanks for the speedy reply and keep rockin' the radio show! I'll keep the above info in mind should the need arise.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi ATS

A question about ATS' activist recruiting policy.

I know members are not supposed to post trying to recruit members for this or that cause.

But supposing some members want to collaborate on a, um, engineering experiment. Well would it be okay to ask for help from other members for that? And have a thread running about it and so on and so forth?

Just wondering the correct way to handle such situations with the official ATS staff sanctioned stamp of approval. Because we do indeed walk a fine line between public drama and backroom business when handling all these many complex and serious issues.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

The free flowing exchange of ideas and collaboration is the essence of the internet. Genuine research is part of the essence of ATS.

I think you're fine as long as you don't try to glean personal information from your fellow members in a wholesale fashion. In other words, if you and a handful of members want to collaborate on an experiment and exchange email addresses via u2u that's fine.

Setting up a website, linking to it in your thread, and claiming a requirement of collaborating is clicking the link is a definite no-no.

It's all about common sense and courtesy really.

Heck, we had two members get married a few weeks ago, now that's collaboration!

Springer...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

It's my favorite ATS experience...I actually just told that story to a non ATS'er...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That's not the word he uses ... at least not any more.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I think you're fine as long as you don't try to glean personal information from your fellow members in a wholesale fashion. In other words, if you and a handful of members want to collaborate on an experiment and exchange email addresses via u2u that's fine.

Yes, sort of. What I mean is that I would need three or four people with engineering expertise to help. A little panel or team that could deal with the more complex and time-consuming engineering things. You know, things that require a lab and testing equipment and lots of spare time and all that.

But I don't really have the, how would you say, chutzpah, to assemble such a team myself. I just have some capital and lots of spare time you see.

So if you were in my shoes what would be your next logical step in creating such a team?

Thanks

[edit on 22-8-2010 by cupocoffee]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

hi guys im getting server unavalable 103 messages all over the place only on certain threads tryed a web proxy and same thing
anyone else complaining of this error

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Yup, I'm getting errors as well. Probably working on the site.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yup, 503 errors, serve unavailable.

Maybe 2010 is coming tomorrow and they are preping

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That was unpleasant to live through ... I need another hobby.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So how did we all do in the SitX drill?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

Widespread panic. lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join