It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 270
<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I just read the simplified T&C. Which is great by the way... Much easier to comprehend.

I'm thinking : A comment would be nice. So I did. I clicked the reply button and wrote something positive...

I post it and then the screen shows that I'm not allowed to post on that forum. I've encountered threads before, where members are not allowed to post, but was the thread not frozen or put on hold or something ? I thought the post function was not working before. Now I've written all the complimentary goodness for nothing...

Did you change things or was it always like this and I'm just a moron, cause that is a perfectly good explanation for me.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

i'm not sure who that is, to be honest.

since the comment that got me banned was about semper, i did u2u him, and we had a decent discussion. he told me i had to talk to Steve about it.

and Steve hasn't been around since 2002:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

so, humbled and embarassed and wallowing in ignorance, i'm thinking Steve may refer to another Steve, ... or semperfortis hates me.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Semper doesn't hate anybody :lol; Check your U2Us (in a hot second).

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

disregard my last post! some magical super mod has steered me in a direction. thanks yeahright.

ATS is fun,
et

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
... he told me i had to talk to Steve about it.

... i'm thinking Steve may refer to another Steve,

This steve?

sorry had to add that

also glad that fixed for you

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hey just wondering why my thread "Wanna Help Solve a Mystery ATS?" was deleted.

I saw what SO wrote about "promoting hacking" but it wasn't promoting hacking, it was about solving a mystery. It was a pretty popular thread too. I'm a little disappointed because we were getting close to cracking it, but now I'll never know. If someone could let me know why it was deleted it would be much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

well that was just a little over the hedge, don't ya think?

anyways, not sure if Steve was the right name anyways.

either way, me thinks me found a direction to go.

funny though.

thanks,
et

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

the code itself deleted the program, then it sucked the thread down into the password, and then in an utter freak of nature event the password itself evolved into ATS in time to delete that thread before a truth was to become known that initiates a global catastrophy. once again ATS saves the day.

it gets a little complicated.

that is my totally random guess,
et

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
Hey just wondering why my thread "Wanna Help Solve a Mystery ATS?" was deleted.

I saw what SO wrote about "promoting hacking" but it wasn't promoting hacking, it was about solving a mystery. It was a pretty popular thread too. I'm a little disappointed because we were getting close to cracking it, but now I'll never know. If someone could let me know why it was deleted it would be much appreciated.

Check your private messages. You would have received a message as to why.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter, feel free to use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

So it was because I linked to a thread at 4chan where it originated, which by now is a 404 link? Wish you could have perhaps removed the link rather than the entire thread. Now a lot of people are left in limbo

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello Staff,

I opened this account today because I'm terribly impatient! I HAVE an account here, username THATDGGIRL. My computer got infected with malware over the weekend and I had to reset to factory defaults. sigh
I've requested passwords 3 times in 2 days for my original account and none of them worked. Please help me!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

PS the above is the short version...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatdggirl2
Hello Staff,

I opened this account today because I'm terribly impatient! I HAVE an account here, username THATDGGIRL. My computer got infected with malware over the weekend and I had to reset to factory defaults. sigh
I've requested passwords 3 times in 2 days for my original account and none of them worked. Please help me!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

PS the above is the short version...

Use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and provide the info from your last account: the registered email address.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Done. Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
Do I really need a 2nd line?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Done and changed! Thank you SO MUCH for your prompt attention! I feel so special!

PS Can you delete the secondary account? If yes, please do so. Thanks again.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by ThatDGgirl]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

yay, yet another satisfied customer.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hi guys,
Why was my thread closed? BTW, I received NO message as to why..
I was only trying to suggest ways to help ATS and sought members input.

Please don't tell me its better of in the Issues Thread because the majority of members never come here.

Also its is now off the main board and there is no title so who would look here?...

Do ATS want suggestions or not?
I do note it is just fine and dandy for owners, mods and longtime members to post similar threads as have been closed.
I also note a lot of posts from members that are peeved lately that their threads are closed or moved...

Its a conspiracy site...Talk about anything, except the site???

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Did you catch the reply by GEL?

Please add your suggestions to ATS/BTS What would you like to see in the future thread.

Closed.

That would pretty much explain it methinks.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Nah, doesn't sit with me thanks...

When I joined I read about how to make a good thread...

Title was important as was the first few sentences..

I think members have something to say and it isn't being seen by enough in here...

This thread should be here too but for some reason is allowed on the board..Members are NOT happy about the bias and its showing..

BTW, are you a Mod or just following me ?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by CynicalM]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Do ATS want suggestions or not?

Chad makes a compelling arguement. and, yes, ATS does listen to it's members suggestions, and applies them, too.

It's just that there were already threads about your thread's subject matter in existance.

Its a conspiracy site...Talk about anything, except the site???

there are already a great deal of ATS threads about ATS, where members do discuss (gasp) this site.

keep ATS fun,
et

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

new topics

top topics

<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join