It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 260
<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
This thread is so unlike ATS, I am having a hard time understanding why the moderators are allowing a great deal of these comments.

The amount and style of the personal attacks are truly disturbing.

I am not one to complain, but this is an exception.

Gulf Oil Spill Hoax Theory Vindicated

I am not one to complain either, but I agree as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I complimented how great the scroll bars work on the [img] tags and the next day I find they are not working?
Just following up to say "thank you" for fixing the scroll bar on the [img] tags, it's working again!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Keep in mind that there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. Staff discuss all actions taken in the moderator forum. The more complex the issue, the longer the discussion before a decision is reached.

This was one of those very complicated situations, therefore the staff carefully considered all actions before taking them. We would rather leave a post up for the time being - because option B is a rushed decision. Which is not a good option.

As you may have noticed, the most of the thread has been cleaned up.

Continue alerting the moderators on possible issues even if it at times it looks like nothing is happening. Trust me. There's always something happening.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thanks for the response and explanation Gemwolf, much appreciated

Now I have another question.

What with the new "Restricted Post" thing? I figured it may have to do with the pending lawsuit ATS is currently involved in, but it made me just curious enough to ask

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

[edit on 30-7-2010 by ZombieJesus]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

ATS has always strived to give credit where credit is due, to properly attribute other's works (no matter if they be derivative pieces contrived from the actual source), and has also encouraged her members to do the same when posting content from external sources that is not their own.

There have always been "tools" in place attempting to ensure adherence to the same, Creative Commons, _javascript triggers clipping excessive copy/paste quotes, etc ... unfortunately, and due to lack of cross-browser support or compliance, previous initiatives weren't as effective as needed or desired.

This latest implementation seems to address the issue quite well in as many browsers and versions as possible.

The key being to limit that which members quote to those salient points your reply will be addressing, from both external sources and well as fellow board members.

Hope this affords a better understanding of the Why's and What Fors behind the same.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Much obliged for your response

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
*snip*

They didn't. They moved it to the compaints forum, which only the mods can read direcly IIUC.

(I know that because I tried posting in it and it showed "not allowed" and "Complaints" for the forum)

Are you bipolar?

[edit on 7/31/2010 by EnlightenUp]

Mod Edit: snipped OT quote

edit on by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
reply to post by EnlightenUp

No but I am sick of having them dictate on personal opinions instead of the set rules.

I feel like studying your case because I'm not sure if you've managed to jump on the banwagon or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Boon, I really don't understand why you would make a comment like that.

I would like to explain my perspective. The men who own this site had an idea of what they wanted it to be. Mission Accomplished. It's intelligent, it has huge diversity, and it has CLASS and DIGNITY.

If it were not for the T&C, and the Moderation, chances are I would leave in a couple of days, and they would witness an enormous exodus of old members as well.

Why? Because I don't want to feel filthy or cheap. If I wanted to plagiarize, read and write sophomoric bull, and speak with filthy language, there are a myriad of sites where I could do that. I would go to those sites, without hanging around here criticizing what someone has tried to do -- with great success I might add.

When you see moderator intervention, what you are seeing is an effort to keep ATS, what the owners intended it to be. It's theirs. It can be whatever they want. This is it.

It amazes me when someone relatively new comes along and wants to tell the owners and moderators what to do. If I were a blusher, I would blush with embarrassment.

A site that is as HIGHLY successful as ATS, run by grown men and women, and YOU are going to tell them what to do.

A little presumptuous and a lot grandiose, don't you think?

eta: @EnlightenUp.....Ban-wagon

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
How do I add a pic to my signature? It's an animated gif. What code do I use? Do I have to load it to ATS media?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Add the image to ATS Media and add the link for using it on ATS to your signature.

My signature has this after the text:
[‍atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcef0f7eb55b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Greetings ...

Did something change with the ads?
Did you guys do away with the contribution level exceptions because I am seeing ads again where there used to be none.

Not an issue per se ... just curious.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I don't know but I am seeing them as well...

Bummer, I enjoyed that 'perk'...there are some ads that I just couldn't stand...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Not that I really mind, but yes, the ads are back for me too.

And can I get back into chat? It seems I was banned yet again.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Glad I am not the only one seeing these ads, for a minute I thought I wasn't looged in, they don't bother me that much.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The chat thing seems telling...maybe there is some kind of reset going on for 2010 or something...hhhmmm.....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

The chat thing seems telling...maybe there is some kind of reset going on for 2010 or something...hhhmmm.....

Or my bestest Admin buddies forgot that I was unbanned from chat when they made the switch to the new chat and re-banned me.
Leaving me without Mutter or Chat and thus regulated to torturing conservatives in retaliation on the boards.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join