It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 257
<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

wow what a shocking reply.."dead horse" really!! why is the website named above top secret then? when the secrets are censored and exposes are hidden away. or was ATS in collaboration with the alleged deceiver? That could explain the reason why favorable treatment is given to someone and when he is exposed the thread quickly hidden. Seeing all this one really wonders if the old statements of ATS being a cointel front of US agencies are indeed true.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your post makes sense, hoping that is what it actually is on ground.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by YJLTG
reply to post by semperfortis

wow what a shocking reply.."dead horse" really!! why is the website named above top secret then? when the secrets are censored and exposes are hidden away. or was ATS in collaboration with the alleged deceiver? That could explain the reason why favorable treatment is given to someone and when he is exposed the thread quickly hidden. Seeing all this one really wonders if the old statements of ATS being a cointel front of US agencies are indeed true.

Just because no answers have been given and more questions have arisen and we have all been told to shut up about it, you think something is up? Ask about it some more and get post banned. Nothing suspicious here. Move along folks. Ignore the man behind the curtain. Deny ignorance except when told to shut up.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by YJLTG
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your post makes sense, hoping that is what it actually is on ground.

Well I have my doubts. The post starts off by stating that SkepticOverlord said it is actually quite hard to get banned from the site. I know a member that had a lot of friends on here that was banned and the reason given to them was "After review your account has been found lacking."

That does not sound like it is all that hard to get banned if you can get banned for simply "lacking." Especially in light of the fact that we can see an active account of someone found lying and using ATS as a storefront through fraudulent means.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

I have a friend on here that quite candidly lacks, right in front of everybody, to the point of obscenity, is a dam worker, a skillful carpenter and is not a human. To my knowledge, no extensive amount of trouble has been encountered by this member from the staff, other than the member's own taunts and jibes to said.

[edit on 7/25/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I am not sure I am really following you.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

It's ok, there's nothing to be ashamed of in that. You'll get along just fine. Not to worry.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

It's ok, there's nothing to be ashamed of in that. You'll get along just fine. Not to worry.

Is that condescension I see?

Did you post to me for any actual reason?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

I have a friend on here that quite candidly lacks, right in front of everybody, to the point of obscenity, is a dam worker, a skillful carpenter and is not a human. To my knowledge, no extensive amount of trouble has been encountered by this member from the staff, other than the member's own taunts and jibes to said.

EnlightenUp.....

....and is not a human.

What is he then.....an alien?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I have been wondering the same about a very curious message he left behind on my profile page.....

What a funny collection of weird people we are.....

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Is that condescension I see?

No, not at all. I merely wanted to reassure you that all is well.

Yes, I should have been clearer. Most of the trouble this member had with the staff was prior to his days as a lacker. Things seemed to go fairly well upon commencing the lacking. Yes, a scrape and a bump there but with lacking came greater appreciation.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
EnlightenUp.....

....and is not a human.

What is he then.....an alien?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Fully terrestrial, mammalian. Some say more terrestrial than average, given his extensive use of mud in his constructions.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

I have been wondering the same about a very curious message he left behind on my profile page.....

What a funny collection of weird people we are.....

Peace

You left two copies of the same message on mine, simultaneously coining the term "outtroduction" (twice, mind you!), which I feel is a valid form of introducing one's self on these boards. But now that I'm back, it all turned out to be a lie anyway, thus its prompt deletion saved me some embarrasment. Go mods!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong. I have the highest respect for your manner of thinking and presumable educational level. It is in line with JeanPaulZodaux's thinking and although I do not always agree with you, I do respect it but....

I am really not understanding what you are trying to say right now. I Still can't make anything out off the reply you left behind on my profile page......I guess it doesn't really matter.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It was merely reciprocity for an entertaining, warm and compassionate post on my page, and a friendly "hello", with a snarky twist.

FYI: I don't let my education get in the way of anything (I think that's some sort of paraphrase).

[edit on 7/25/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I still do not get it. I do not understand what you are trying to relate to me about your friend. It would seem you are trying to say that simply lacking does not cause problems because you have an annecdote to share. I know you are smart enough to understand that what I pointed out was the uneven manner in which members are judged on ATS. Therefore it would be perfectly reasonable to assume one person's lacking is not as grave a sin as another person's lacking thus the membe comitting the fraud still being a member. Am I close?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

That's the thing. We never seem to receive the full story about what went on behind the scenes. An accurate judgement as to "fairness" seems impossible based upon publicly-available information and any inference therefrom. They aren't going to discuss it and from what I've seen the staff has maintained their resolve on the issue when it comes up.

I'm quite certain if it were so easy to be banned, I would have been already. At times I try to balance my apparent and copious eccentricity with an attempt (however feeble) at generating insight on a matter, rarely with anger, usually with kindness, but sometimes quite stern and reprobative.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

lol yea thats one cunning trick..after the post bans the status of the person still shows as "MEMBER" so other people can think he is still a member even after one is permanent post banned. its hilariously cunning and deceiving. people wont know what happened to that person because the status show as member always and would never learn truth how someone could be silenced such.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

You missed my point completely.

I am not saying it is generally easy to get banned from ATS. I am saying that the claim that it is universally hard to get banned is false. I am saying that some people for some reason are subject to a much lower standard than others for various reasons. You know someone who lacks. That is nice. That is someone who did not step over whatever line it is the someone I know has. Much like in this case here. There are many members getting harassed or banned because they are asking about a particular topic. That does not mean I am saying everyone gets harassed and banned for asking questions.

Everytime someone makes a claim on ATS such as I did pointing out selective circumstances, someone like you comes along and says 'not true, I know a guy that did not happen to so...' Great. Your guy does nothing to change what I had pointed out. Some people get on the wrong side of a mod and find it quite easy to be banned while others...Doc Velocity break rules all over the place and still have membership. I did mention that the first time. Get it yet?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

You could be correct about unequal standards (as opposed to "universally hard" or universally "not easy" or whatever). I found the Docs thread to be somewhat tedious to tell you the truth and didn't follow through to analyze for specific violations. My interests tend to center around philosphical and metaphysical topics more than conspiracies. Still, I don't have the same info as the staff and don't expect to be in on it any time soon, so I'll just say "I don't friggin' know".

new topics

top topics

<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join