It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

If i.e. you've been cursing too much or similar (not saying that you did, but...), you may have been auto-banned from chat. If that's the case, the ban should not last for more than an hour or so. Try again, or try again in an hour or so.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I believe that it is an issue higher up than that, when the new chat came into service, I was on it once, then the next day, I get the message You are banned from chat.

I was for about a year permabanned from chat, and after begging and pleading and even more begging, and groveling (there was crying on my part I am not to ashamed to admit) I was allowed back into chat. But then the switchover came, and again, I am outcast.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It must be their covert way of telling you that your political beliefs are all completely wrong!
j/k

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It doesn't auto renew. You have to periodically regrovel, once you're on the groveling plan.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Greetings ...

Did something change with the ads?
Did you guys do away with the contribution level exceptions because I am seeing ads again where there used to be none.

Not an issue per se ... just curious.

I'm seeing them too, kind of annoying!! But everyone has to make a living so I'll get used to it.

"Ain't nothing come for free"

True that!! But it was good while it lasted

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I was for about a year permabanned from chat, and after begging and pleading and even more begging, and groveling (there was crying on my part I am not to ashamed to admit) I was allowed back into chat.

I've cried me a river of fluffy butterfly kisses for yeeeeaars and I'm still banned!!

Oh the humility!!!

*pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease you know you love me
*crys a baby butterfly fluffy*

Oh and I gotz adz on the top banner now!!! Is that right? Ta!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hey, that frelling American Players Theatre is GETTING REALLY ANNOYING!

It keeps sliding down over the components of the board. I am about to re up my ad blocker.

Why does is slide down when I do not touch it?

If it continues, I will re set my ABP.

It is ANNOYING!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Hellmutt

I believe that it is an issue higher up than that, when the new chat came into service, I was on it once, then the next day, I get the message You are banned from chat.

I was for about a year permabanned from chat, and after begging and pleading and even more begging, and groveling (there was crying on my part I am not to ashamed to admit) I was allowed back into chat. But then the switchover came, and again, I am outcast.

I have it on good authority this is due to your failure to win the primary nomination in the Congressional District you were running for.

ATS does not cotton to failures!

But in two years you can try again!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think it is about time ATS got its own servers as the host server that it is currently on is rubbish.

Time and again i have to refresh the page just to actually get a full page!
Nine times out of ten i get a quarter of a page or half a page.

For a quality website this sort of amateur approach to serving the members is mind boggling, is ATS trying to drive us away with a frustratingly bad attitude to technical issues that could be resolved with a little investment.

Come on Springer, get your wallet out and buy some dedicated servers!!!
Or better still hire some "professionals" to sort the whole system out root and branch.
Right now it is sooo Above Top Secret you need to be persistent/a hacker or the President just to get on the site and then you still have the tedium of half loaded pages......AAaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh......

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anyone yet know why ads are back?

I thought the deal was after you gain so many flags - the ads are removed?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

That doesn't happen to me, and knowing that any connection is as fast as the slowest segment, it's probably something wrong on your side.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think 2k flags, 2k points + 2k stars = no ads ?

They also turn off once you have been on the site for longer than 2 hours in any 24 hour period.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by maskfan]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

www.abovetopsecret.com...

GOLD: The highest of our elite levels who see no ads on the board, the indicator requires at least: 500 posts, 750 stars, and 1,000 flags.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Why are ATS mods allowing new members to start threads useing the introduction forum??

I sent an alert (as requested to do) over 2 hours ago about one such thread. Now I see another although I note many Mods are online...

Am I wasting my time alerting you Mods????

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Yes... I see there's 5 of us online at the moment. I went through the introductions forum and moved a few to more appropriate venues.

Hope you are satisfied with the result.

Cheers

Edit to add:

You realize, of course, that 2 hours ago was 4:57 AM here in the Americas?

[edit on 7/8/10 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I thought ATS was an international site...
If that is your excuse then maybe you need Mods in other time zones

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Hmmm, wierd, the one I bothered to send the "alert" about is still there..

Do ATS really want the alert feature or is it just there for show???

Now its like over 5 hours...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Butting into the discussion between you and Masqua...
At the risk of being a pain in the neck...
Can I point out that shifting these threads into a different forum has the practical effect of enabling new members to evade the rule about not starting threads outside the Introductions forum? In that case, you may as well not have the rule.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

You are right.
I just checked and this thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted by a new member who had a post count of "1" was moved to another section and allowed to continue...

What the hell is happening with ATS rules??????????????????????

Why are Mods doing this?
Do they NOT KNOW the rules?????

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Edit to add:

[edit on 7/8/10 by masqua]

Well! in that case (since ATS now has become a truly International site) you could maybe ask the owners (on our behalf) to get more moderaters from Europe and Australia/Asia then.

As I see it now, the moderators are mainly from the American time zone and that doesn't reflect the current International status of ATS as it should.

*Tinfoil Hat On*

Or maybe the owners prefer to have American moderators for some "strange" reason?

*Tinfoil Hat Off*

Kind regards!

new topics

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join