It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
Wouldn't this be more fair and balanced and take away any possible suspicions which can occur if the international membership are to be judged in very tricky dilemmas or problems by a group where the majority are sharing the same cultural & political mindset of North Americans mostly?

Don't worry, half a dozen of non-Americans can make as much noise as 50 Americans, if there is such need.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

C'mon guys. You know this was funny.

But yeah, I really adore the non-Americans. ATS wouldn't be nearly as interesting or fun without it's multi-nationals. Plus, I feel like I have *friends* who live in Australia and the UK. And Portugal! Where else but ATS?

Why do we have to have these silly named distinctions for non-Americans? I think it’s wrong to categorize them as other than non-Americans and likely is in fact politically incorrect prejudice to do so. I think its far better just to use the term non-American which makes them feel bad enough than to specify how they specifically aren’t non-Americans i.e. Canadians (Molson’s Ale Drinkers) Australian (Foster’s Lager) Germans (Heineken) Mexicans (Corona Beer) English Men (Bass Ale) so in this way they don’t have to feel deprived that they can’t have a Budweiser the King of Beers! Further they won’t have to look around and wonder why they have no Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan, Cadillac Cars and other important aspects to a quality life that only non-non-Americans enjoy.

So let’s stop making non-Americans feel worse than they already do, by adding insult to injury in that way, and just make non-Americans a protected minority entitled to U.S. Treasury hand outs! What they are already getting U.S. Treasury hand outs?

Glad to see someone is on the ball on this one!

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I think it’s wrong to categorize them as other than non-Americans and likely is in fact politically incorrect prejudice to do so. I think its far better just to use the term non-American which makes them feel bad enough than to specify how they specifically aren’t non-Americans

I promise you that I don't feel bad about being called "non-American". I feel non-insulted. perhaps even mildly smug. If the bankers of my nation are ruling America, what's to feel bad about?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Because they are really Rome's Bankers pretending to be your bankers that are running your nation and mine!

Clearly these statist ideals don't serve the world well, and we need a one world government. It will be a real chore to lead, and because I know no one wants that job, I will volunteer.

Taxes will have to go up slightly mind you to achieve parity for the people, because well, it costs money to rob to the rich, to keep it so they are poor like the poor too.

But I will take it all on, for the sake of us all being able to get along.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I think it is about time ATS got its own servers as the host server that it is currently on is rubbish.

Time and again i have to refresh the page just to actually get a full page!
Nine times out of ten i get a quarter of a page or half a page.

For a quality website this sort of amateur approach to serving the members is mind boggling, is ATS trying to drive us away with a frustratingly bad attitude to technical issues that could be resolved with a little investment.

Come on Springer, get your wallet out and buy some dedicated servers!!!
Or better still hire some "professionals" to sort the whole system out root and branch.
Right now it is sooo Above Top Secret you need to be persistent/a hacker or the President just to get on the site and then you still have the tedium of half loaded pages......AAaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh......
THIS IS ONLY OCCURRING ON THE ATS WEBSITE.....
It seems to me that this can only mean a host server problem.
I cannot enter ATS direct from google, it just hangs on page loading, the only way to get to ATS is via ATSmix. GO FIGURE.
I REPEAT...THIS IS ONLY OCCURRING ON THE ATS WEBSITE.
TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR A CHANGE ATS!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Loads slick and quick for me, and no issues getting here from Google. I have no idea what might be causing your situation, but if it was ATS, everyone would be having the problem, wouldn't they?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I don't know yeahright, i don't know the server layout of ATS.
But deductive reasoning tells me if it is only occurring on the ATS site then surely it's the site that has a problem.
There is definately some kind of choking/denial of service in operation.
If it is not ATS then it can only be some agency higher up the food chain.
Either way it should be setting off alarm bells somewhere shouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If it was at our end of the pipe, we'd see alarms I'm sure. If it isn't, we wouldn't have any way of knowing about it or controlling it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
nvm. does not apply

[edit on 7-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Man it really sucks, i have been surfing here for years..no problems.
I became a member last year and up until a month ago...no problems.
The past month...absolute nightmare..1/4 of a page..1/2 a page..refresh 20 times until i actually get the whole page...fortunately i am persistent so i continue to go through the motions to get my ATS..but i have to tell you it is wearing thin, i don't know how much more i can take before i give up altogether.it's a shame,if it is not ATS or my computer then it is others, that worries me slightly.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The rest of us are actually part of the server, and we have been trying to identify those that have not been assimilated into the machine.

Thanks for letting us know who you are, the collective shall come to retrieve you shortly; resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Get’s them every time!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If it were me, I'd clear the cache and run CCleaner and/or CleanUp! (both available as free downloads). Maybe just to be sure, AdAware and/or SpyBot, also both free. Can't hurt and might fix not only that issue, but give you a smoother running system.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Don't worry, half a dozen of non-Americans can make as much noise as 50 Americans, if there is such need.

Olá ArMaP!

Yeah hopefully? lol!

It's nice to see a moderator coming from the beautiful country of portugal!

Yeah, there are a few moderators here from the UK but the mainland and continental Europe is pretty much uncovered as far as I know? - I only know about you and Hellmut from Norway.

Is there any moderators/citizens from Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Balkans or Greece here?

How many moderators are from Australia/New Zealand - I know that 'Alien' is from New Zealand, who else?

Whatabout Russia and Asia?

And as Nef said: "Its like the old British Empire - The sun never sets on ATS Moderation".

("the sun never sets on the British Empire")

Yeah thanks for reminding me!

The anglo-dominated world Empire which first and foremost unites those from the former British colonies which in turn are heavily & overly represented here among the moderators on ATS - they are allies and brothers in arms as anglo-moderators lol!

Hehe! I think I smell a conspiracy!

Don't take this too seriously guys - I'm just kidding around, I think!?

In fact, most people here on ATS are more than OK - I appreciate all the great stuff you guys are doing and all the hard work & efforts behind these great ATS radio/video shows - and I'm enjoying reading all our interesting threads from both contributing members and moderators.

Thanks to all of you!

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have run all of those programs and more, my computer is as slick and clean as it can be, i am interested in LadySkadi's suggestion that it may be related to the Digg site, i haven't tried blocking that.
Any suggestion on how exactly to block Digg would be gratefully received tho.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have no idea. I don't block anything, and we don't currently have a Digg link on any of our forums.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Ooh No! I can't believe I forgot Canada!

Well, you guys might not like to admit it, but you are...well....
you know.

Okay, Guilty! I am guilty of taking Canadians for granted.
You are just so.....well, (you know.)

American

[edit on 8/7/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Oh. Ha. Well, that shows how long it's been since I checked! Lol. There was a Digg icon at the beginning of each thread, last time I activated the block via AdBlock. Guess it's a moot point, now. My bad.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
THIS IS ONLY OCCURRING ON THE ATS WEBSITE.....
It seems to me that this can only mean a host server problem.

This is only happening to you, as you can see nobody has that complaint.

And the fact that it only happens with ATS doesn't mean a server problem, it can be a problem with any element through which the communication passes, from the server to your computer.

Try to do a trace to ATS, to see if there's a slower segment in the result.

To do it (if you are using Windows) use the command prompt and write:

tracert www.abovetopsecret.com

PS: don't post the result, as it shows your IP address and you may not want that.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you ArMaP i will look into that, it seems that is the only option left so fingers crossed i will get some answers.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
It's nice to see a moderator coming from the beautiful country of portugal!

Thanks.

Is there any citizens from Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Balkans or Greece?

That's one thing I noticed, we have very few members from large countries like Germany and France. I remember at least two Italian members one or two from Greece and one from Spain.

How many are from and Australia/New Zealand - I know that 'Alien' is from New Zealand, who else?

We have many Australian members (some may say we have too much Australian members).

Whatabout Russia and Asia?

I remember one Russian and we have some from China, Japan, India and other Asian countries, even Iran.

And as Nef said: "the sun never sets on the British Empire"

And before that it was the Spanish and the Portuguese empires, but all ended in the same way.
(you can view a award wining video showing how the large empires turned back into small countries here, made by a Portuguese)

Yeah thanks for reminding me!
the anglo-dominated Empire which unites those from mostly the former British colonies which in turn are heavily & overly represented here among the moderators on ATS - they are allies and brothers in arms as anglo-moderators lol!

Don't forget that the UK and Portugal have the oldest alliance still active, since 1386, so we are really all connected.

top topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join