It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
This new system is worse than the OLD OLD system before it, I didn't mind the old system.

When the final tweaks were made to the NEW ranking system with the "bronze exception" category, I thought it was as perfect as one could get, for a ranking system. It was great, it really told you alot about the poster, and there level of activity at ATS.

I will be blunt, the NEW format sucks big time!

ATS owners why did you let some crybabies make you change a great system. Because they threaten to quit, that's blackmail, that you gave into.

I am really really disappointed with ATS now, for the very first time.
Those guys didn't like a great ranking system I say let them go, don't give into the petty threats.

We should have a vote on this.

Current "Flag System" vs Newer Ranking system, let the active members decide, I will gladly abide by the vote of my fellow ATS'ers, but to be pushed around by these crybabies is totally unacceptable.

Well they obviously havent finished the system yet so you should save your comments till they are done.

Who knows it might turn out to be the next best thing to sliced bread.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is much better idea.

The best of both. Tags and Color Codes.

What a wonderful combination. Now there are no "labels", just contributions.

Good job staff, can't wait to get the details.

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
loyatly programmes see ones out there

en.wikipedia.org...

The basic premise is earn and burn...and golden handcuffs to keep you loyal....we fall down on the burn part at ATS, but the other purpose is the achieve 'status' and that works well on ATS.

Me knows much about this as I was president of frequent flyer for a major airline once

What is the point for the above network:
To allow us to earn points by posting (each visit earns the Above network money and good for them) and membership.

What is the reason behind the earning points as a hook for members to keep us loyal?

-to burn
-to achieve emotional status.

Now if we burned the points on holidays rather than books and backgrounds I'd be posting like a looney.

However the status part seems to work for most

there is NO other formula to a loyalty programe so live with it guys.

Earn to burn
Earn to get status.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There isn't a color code. It's the number of flags a person has. When they get a full "bar" it turns gold. It's red otherwise.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

No, you get silver first, the red, then gold.

Color code

Don't know you know better than to argue with me Raven?

Besides, I would like to think SO would add something else than just red and gold, come on now, after all, we did have a cosmic content contributor just yesterday

I know coding is horribly long, but he's a hard working guy.

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

*gasp* ...no, you're pretty much right. I didn't consider silver, I thought it was just blank.

Maybe it can just say "Contribution Level" and be based on stars, flags, and applause, and number of threads and posts.

You know... like... bars.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yeah I totally agree, this is much better thing. It is just like bars, only flashier.

I want more colors, I am a visual learner

I don't think SO wants to call it Flag Contribution Level, That's just a coding term I believe, just so he knows what it's doing.

I asumme he's gonna take some suggestions from this while we talk about it, and then implement something a little different.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/31/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Actually there is 2 different yellows that I've noticed so far.

link   
now maybe you don't have to cry about us crybabies. I find levels more satisfying than labels. So shoot me. I don't really care what color they are.

link   
I didnt see a problem with the bronze/gold system, I liked the fact it showed the points the member had without having to go to their profile. This flag contribution bar is a step back in my opinion

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

lol I'll laugh if it goes back to the coloured bars...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I agree, because it showed more factors.
But... *shrug* no one will be happy with whatever they decide on. I think they should have left it at the last one.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Personally, I don't care what the system is, as long as it doesn't change more than once a month. I liked the old system, and I liked the system before that. I like this system too. I think that if you are going to have a Flag tag, then you would need a Star tag, but that's just me.

The only thing that I really looked at on the mini profile was the post count, but that's just me.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The thing is... I never heard anyone complain about the bars. People sometimes wondered what they were, but no one was like "I HATE MY BAR, THIS BAR SHOWS NOTHING, I HATE BARS."

They were a great thing.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Anyone know when the site started using stars and when they started using flags?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Actually there is 2 different yellows that I've noticed so far.
why don't you have one?

link   
Ok. A U2U would be REALLY nice. [grin]

I just poured from page 106 - at least, I tried to keep my mind on seaching...

I saw SO's announcement that the colored thingies that there seemed to be an issue over, and somehow the transition to these new fangled tags crept in there - and nowhere did it explain what these new ones are to indicate.

Now I pay little attention to what any other poster here has on that left-hand side as a rule. I read their words and do my best to see things from their perspective.

Sometimes I respond - and it has nothing to do with how long and active the person I am responding to has floating to the left.

I will accept any information offered about ATS's contributors, because I like collecting data in this Universe, but what I'm looking for are people to engage in perspective co-analysis, and not sycophantic fawning.

I just don't care what information it is I gain from the colored thingies that went away. But I liked that it was fairly clear what the data meant.

Now I get a thing that is measuring something and I want to know what it is that it is measuring.

So for all these pages, I have not found - likely though my own fault but not for a lack of trying - what the data I am looking at mean.

I was passed here from a thread I found, but the direction did not point to to a specific page, but rather "the last 4 or 5 pages," so...

Yeah. I would LOVE one of those U2Us....

link   

Meh,

Atleast they care enough to actually attempt to create a system where more people will be happy.

We all know there will be some dissent. There always is. But we must evolve as a community and implementing such things are necesarry.

We're all Ego driven on some level after all

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say but this flag contribution thing is even WORSE then the titles. Why cant we just go back to the old ATS points and thats it?

Really. Not only is it absurdly ugly, it does NOTHING to show how active somebody is in the forum. Ok, so now I just spam flags on everything? Real productive guys...

Just reset it back to the way it used to be before people complained. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join