It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
But IMO there is only about 30 members on here who create threads that actually create good threads that are real based and not off in the sci fi realm. I will name a few of those members that I have encountered....

What a shame, it's a wonder that the site is still doing so well with only 30 members creating worthy threads!

Every one is of course entitled to an opinion but I think that was a really shallow remark.

I can only assume that you are one of the 30 posters that make ATS great.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It makes no sense and nothing positive can come out of it.
I don't see how having that makes anyone more or less of a member?

You still don't see it do you? Or do you even want to? Sometimes I feel a lot of these arguments are based on envy and nothing more. IT WAS A THANK YOU and not anything more or less! How does that make anyone else feel "less worthy"? If a member can't take this then I would hate to see some real world situations where their ego may get bruised IMHO.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Did I say that?

No I didn't, and I was only referring to members who made the majority of "signature" threads, not other members who put their very insightful replies in. Almost all the members of ATS are great and without them this site would not be anything. Please don't twist my words.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

jkrog08 This is a privately owned board.

.................hypothetical situation......................

this is ME sir

You provide relly good thread dude

Maybe.... we change the applause's from making an impact or providing great content to getting them for sphelling errors. (waits....)

or for maturity .....

or for wisdom...

or cutest avatar....

Do I still want a badge that says my post are good, full of information that may be facts.

...But my "opinion" about anything is crap ....why I'm immature and don't know the real world !!!!

..and I'm immature and whinny cause I don't get a shinny gif ?

...........hypothetical situation over.............

You revelations about why this has happened is based on what ?
Please explain the whinny few to me ?

Who do you think actually reads your posts...ME

check out my profile and threads dude,the threads suck

and who would you value A star and A flag from ?

or would you rather just right a dam book and try and get me to buy it because dude you just ain't gonna get me to buy it ....
why is that ?

Care to explore that question ?

as for your exploration into statistical analisys of point getting and you breakdown into the Endusers of ATS I have to tell you that you are ..

WAY OFF BASE !!!!!

GO make a thread so I can READ IT ENJOY IT ,STAR AND FLAG IT.
but as for your opinion....

show me your research skills...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

All I am saying is that it was nice for the staff to recognize members, I don't require recognition but it was nice. What is wrong with that? What is wrong with a community thanking you for your contributions?

And you had it, as i said, through applause and stars and U2U's from staff and members alike....you know, the community?

That not good enough?

I just think if certain members have issues with staff thanking certain members than maybe those members with the issues need to take a look at what their problem REALLY IS. Is it envy? I don't know but I think so in a lot of members who opposed the tag system cases.

As i said, I've never raised this issue before today so, your comments are pretty redundant....but now that the "class system" has gone, I'd like to see it stay gone.

And yes, it must be envy....

In your world a President who looks after MILLIONS of people should get no further recognition (money, certain 'perks' (ie; ATS tags), or respect) than an average convenient store clerk!

That's just too ridiculous to even reply to....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
your logic is faulty because people were getting that recognition pre tag. Perks? nice.
Thanks? nice. Respect? nice..
Since we in the minority are considered envious and insecure, perhaps we need a label. So you can disregard our posts.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Okay, someone else may have already suggested this, but why not just have a little "No Badges" link that people can click to turn off the badges and applause indicators - similar to the "go light" / "go dark" link?

This would be the best of both worlds IMHO. The people who like the badges and applause indicators and find them useful or informative could keep them, and the people who find them elitist or distracting could simply turn them off.

Problem solved

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
When does this merry go round end? Seriously, why do you guys continue to argue about this? For the sake of it?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by interestedalways

Did I say that?

No I didn't, and I was only referring to members who made the majority of "signature" threads, not other members who put their very insightful replies in. Almost all the members of ATS are great and without them this site would not be anything. Please don't twist my words.

What do you mean "Did I say that" It is a direct quote. You DID say that only about 30 members here make quality threads.

You did not say that you are one of them which is why I asked if you thought of yourself as one of them.

You are talking the loudest and longest about this, obviously you are quite bothered by it and see yourself more as a president than a store clerk.

Presidents can't go to the store without clerks, lest there be no worker bees there would be no president. This is in response to your statement the President outclasses the store clerks and should be rewarded as such.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

That's a good idea.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You still don't see it do you? Or do you even want to? Sometimes I feel a lot of these arguments are based on envy and nothing more. IT WAS A THANK YOU and not anything more or less! How does that make anyone else feel "less worthy"? If a member can't take this then I would hate to see some real world situations where their ego may get bruised IMHO.

No mate....YOU don't see it or get it do you?

you already HAVE the recognition.... stars, flags and responses from staff and average joe's alike....

Why do you need MORE?

As i said, It's nothing to do with envy mate.... maybe on your part.... because you wanted the highest levels and you had to get there to match so and so.... i couldn't give a *bleep* to be honest.
I participate and contribute in my own way, as do many others... but we feel that connecting and sharing ideas and learning and exploring stuff together is reward enough....

Shame not everybody "GETS IT"

[edit on 31/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It pains me to watch quality members going at each other over such an issue ...

So much bloody vitriol over something that was originally meant as a gesture of appreciation.

Can't wait till this is decided one way or the other so we can get back to whatever it was that we were doing.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I just don't see the need to have classes or categories or labels for members.... emblazoned on their profiles?

It's really pretty simple.

TPTB here at ATS just wanted to give some brownie points as in Thank you to the members who have contributed the most.

Is that really hard to understand?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think everyone needs to take an overdose of chill pills. I mean come on, stop fighting and arguing. Its over! the bars are gone, the labels are gone. If we have the bars people are unhappy becaus ethey cannot understand them, we have the labels and bars, people get upset because the bars are moved into the avatar, the bars are removed and labels are put up and people call FOUL because labeling is not cool or whatever, and now the bars are gone. Those people have gotten their wish, the ones that kept nagging and nagging about it. The atheists or whatever commonation had over "godlike" wisdom phrase.

People, People, come on. When will you be happy? When will the anger stop? After all this is just the iternet and those labels are just virtual, its all psychological: everyone wants to be on top....

[edit on May 31st 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
When does this merry go round end? Seriously, why do you guys continue to argue about this? For the sake of it?
The principle goes a lot deeper Intrepid. Past ATS and beyond. The President is just a dude who applied for a serious job. There may be a store clerk who can do the job better. Labels are not a good thing. That merry go round has been spinning a long time.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
It's really pretty simple.
TPTB here at ATS just wanted to give some brownie points as in Thank you to the members who have contributed the most.
Is that really hard to understand?

It really is simple...

You see, we had such a thing in place before this all happened.
Flags, applause, stars....you know.... Brownie points/recognition?

As i said, I didn't moan about this when it was implemented...I'm speaking up now because some members were making out that people were "moaners" or "whiners" because they thought that it was good these tags were removed.

the only "whiners" and "moaners" i see, are those who must have them back so they feel all special and warm because they are Bronze, silver gold, aware, insightful or whatever..

I think most of us are pretty aware on here... we wouldn't be here if we weren't.

we ALL contribute.....and those that contribute more..... get more flags and stars and applauses.....simple isn't it?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey, if the badges stayed I would still be the same member as I am now. I could care less if the tags stayed or left. But since there is a thread to say my opinion, I will say it. If you want to label me, it's your site. But if I have a place to say I don't like it, I will.
Don't offer us the opportunity to express if you don't like what we have to say. That is your choice. You can always ignore us. Unless that option is filled.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Actually the bar system was in place before and I was happy with that one to.
Either way I'm not quitting nor whining over what comes down the pike.

But it's so blatantly obvious who were it's detractors and who are the supporters and for very obvious reasons.

You know there is an old saying.

If you're bored, Maybe you're boring.
in other words
If you don't like the rank system, Maybe it's because you weren't ranking.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well it's all good.

Whatever happens happens man.

I ain't quitting or whining either..... good saying too....

I guess jealous, noncontributing me will just see what happens...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

quick... look out the window... there's life happening.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by elevatedone]

new topics

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join