It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Wow..... that was really good....such insight and purpose

link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
quick... look out the window... there's life happening.

Are you suggesting we all log off of ATS and go outside and play?

[edit on 31-5-2009 by elevatedone]

link   
reply to post by seagrass

Folks folks....PLEASE. Trust in Skeptic Overlord and in the staff. They will come up with something...they ALWAYS do. And if they come up with nothing and leave it like it is... then I am outta here.... LOL- Just kidding!

The staff are some of the brightest minds around. Honestly, it means quite a lot to me to get applauses. On the same token though, it also means quite a lot to not get them, over a period of 4.5 years, from nearly half the staff. Ever. So what? But you know what means the most to me? Your replies. Your participation. Comments. Challenges. Make me think. That's what ATS is really all about.

It may be better to just leave it as is and display nothing. That way every post is on equal footing from all members with no distractions.

I may have another idea. Give some kind of incentive for visiting profiles and leaving comments there. Foster community, and friendship. Lighten the mood, please as all this gloom and doom is killing me. And as a matter of fact, displaying the same badges in the profiles only may have that effect to a degree...If people are curious as to your contributions or number of applauses, they can just click on your name. There, done.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Please see my new thread Why is it the ATS members are forgetting their motto? Deny Ignorance!

about what issues I am having at the moment.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
quick... look out the window... there's life happening. [/mod

LOL no there's not !!!!

Nifty tags,can mine say how much time logged reading threads instead

I'm cheep with the flags ......
You gots to earn A flag from me

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Flag Contribution level,,check your profiles

The first person to complain gets a noogie.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
May I suggest "Star contribution level" as well?

For contribution to ongoing threads.

link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by seagrass

Folks folks....PLEASE. Trust in Skeptic Overlord and in the staff. They will come up with something...they ALWAYS do. And if they come up with nothing and leave it like it is... then I am outta here.... LOL- Just kidding!

The staff are some of the brightest minds around. Honestly, it means quite a lot to me to get applauses. On the same token though, it also means quite a lot to not get them, over a period of 4.5 years, from nearly half the staff. Ever. So what? But you know what means the most to me? Your replies. Your participation. Comments. Challenges. Make me think. That's what ATS is really all about.

It may be better to just leave it as is and display nothing. That way every post is on equal footing from all members with no distractions.

I may have another idea. Give some kind of incentive for visiting profiles and leaving comments there. Foster community, and friendship. Lighten the mood, please as all this gloom and doom is killing me. And as a matter of fact, displaying the same badges in the profiles only may have that effect to a degree...If people are curious as to your contributions or number of applauses, they can just click on your name. There, done.
I do trust. And looky we have a new system. Looks good to me. Well done!! A contribution level. Excellent. I'm gonna go out side and play now.
I love ATS by the way.. and Skyfloating did look a little naked.

link   
We have a winner here: Thread

Figures... I always wonder why people cant just think for themselves and figure out that SO is messing around with the site.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Hi folks, I'm not complaining, I actually like the new feature!

Oh, and yes, I am new to those who asked. Joined about a week ago!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
Nifty tags,can mine say how much time logged reading threads instead

I'm cheep with the flags ......
You gots to earn A flag from me

Skeptic Overlord seems to be working some sort of magic.
Stay tuned.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
lol, hey no fair! I was writing that as....lol, oh phooey... Well, see there! OIC, so he did put them in the profiles... Well cool. Ok, back to the boards! Thanks again SO for all your hard work here.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Love the little magic man you have there!

I do agree a Stars Contribution sounds like a good idea too.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
*rolls eyes*

I don't mind the changes, I just always wonder what they mean.
Although I think the last two plans were slightly more visually appealing than a block of text...

If the badges, which took more into account, were placed in profiles... why put flag contribution on the mini profiles?

Of all things.

Put it all on the full profile and nothing on the mini, or put something like the bars back on the mini. At least it would look more attractive.

I'll just keep editing this.

Okay, I think it's weird that members who joined a week ago have more "red" than members who have zero red and who I know as great members.

Flags were the reason that many people were not ranked higher before. Some people don't choose to make threads. Therefore, stars would be a better indicators than flags. IMO. People can get flags for threads they start that they stopped participating in. Threads that become huge arguments. I think flags are a weird thing to display.

But honestly just go back to bars or take it all off but these hasty decisions are making us all more riled up.

I also think it's weird that staff don't get the same tags. It's fair, but it's weird.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm only a couple of years away from gold! Haha

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If it matters as much that I think this as my previous disagreement, I think it's a fine, fair and balanced compromise.

And I'd like to say that I appreciate ATS, which is why I'm vocal about it. I've been just as vocal in the past in defending the site and certain unpopular decisions. Did I ever get applauded for it? Nope. Have I complained about that? Nope. Yet I took my lumps here for taking an unpopular stance. I hope that says more about my character than anything else displayed here.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Alright I am done arguing, I wasn't trying to but some just have to turn it in to that. I took such a large stance on this issue because I know MANY members who felt like I do, and I also feel that it was ridiculous that the badges were such a big deal. Look now we have a "flag contribution level"......How long until..........Nevermind. I simply feel that it is a good thing to have members recognized and thanked for their contributions..PUBLICALLY. Nothing more. Here are some things I want to clear up though...

I do not consider myself better than ANYONE

I do not consider myself as one of the "top thirty posters". That isn't up to me, that is up to everyone else.

I really don't care in the end about the badges or whatever, I just wanted to let my voice be heard.

I am not asking for anything, I never do.

I am simply stating MY OPINION of the situation.

That "store clerk very well could become a "better person than the President", but he would have to earn it wouldn't he?

I think 98% of the members here are GREAT and that is why I come to this site. I was not bashing any member, simply stating the facts that a minority do post more in-depth threads then others.

Honestly I only stay on this site because I believe it serves a great purpose- To help uncover the truth. This is possibly the greatest website in the world with the greatest members in the world. It is QUITE possible this site will set a standard like no other for community forums.

S.O. has obviously tweaked it some more and I am fine with it and I am fine if it gets taken off again. But you can be sure I will exercise MY OPTION (and everyone else's) to voice my views on a subject.

Thank you everyone for listening to my views and maintaining a good, mature "debate" on this issue. I am sorry if I came off as egotistical, narcissistic, or arrogant as that was not my intent. I was only voicing my one SMALL opinion on the matter. My voice carries no more than anyone's and it shouldn't, although I feel mine along with others should be given some sort of thank you for contributing that is all I think, a thank you, not a "you are better than 90% of everyone else tag". So I am done with this thread on this issue, I hope everyone can go outside, hang out, or get back to the board and continue being productive, I know I will~Justin

[edit on 5/31/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This new system is worse than the OLD OLD system before it, I didn't mind the old system.

When the final tweaks were made to the NEW ranking system with the "bronze exception" category, I thought it was as perfect as one could get, for a ranking system. It was great, it really told you alot about the poster, and there level of activity at ATS.

I will be blunt, the NEW format sucks big time!

ATS owners why did you let some crybabies make you change a great system. Because they threaten to quit, that's blackmail, that you gave into.

I am really really disappointed with ATS now, for the very first time.
Those guys didn't like a great ranking system I say let them go, don't give into the petty threats.

We should have a vote on this.

Current "Flag System" vs Newer Ranking system, let the active members decide, I will gladly abide by the vote of my fellow ATS'ers, but to be pushed around by these crybabies is totally unacceptable.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
one small question.... why don't the mods have a flag level?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
RE ATS Points...

Judging by comments in the ATS Issues thread, it had seemed as if many had thought the public display of status was a bad thing.

SkepticOverlord www.abovetopsecret.com...

I must say, I never saw them as public displays of status. More like a loose impression as to how experienced a certain poster is intheir particular area. Often unreliable but helpful never the less.

Flag contribution level.... I guess this does the same job, if not better. Nice one.
I take it all back.

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join