It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

WTF, not only do I not have any point. I lost my MOOD too.

So I will officially state my MOOD here and now for God and everyone to see.

HARD
I was wondering where you were.. glad I didn't know... lmao.
I miss my mood too whaaa. But then, they aren't usually posted on our foreheads either.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Guys, look at your profiles.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Right but why put that stuff there and not on the miniprofiles?

I mean...
I'd rather have everything out in the open, or nothing. I think mini-profiles and profiles should show the same areas of contribution.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by whaaa

Hey I hear you I liked having a "Critical mind" I didn't want anymore applause after reaching that level.

I thought that was the coolest saying of them all.

I always liked "Godlike Wisdom", but they are still on the profile.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I think you already know the answer to that, lol, it was discussed for many pages this afternoon,lol.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by yeahright

I mean...
I'd rather have everything out in the open, or nothing. I think mini-profiles and profiles should show the same areas of contribution.
ATS is focusing on threads for a reason. I guess they want more threads. Applause and stars are only profily important.
More threads more google hits.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

But then they get mad when people make stupid threads.

And when people work hard to make good threads, they sometimes fall through the cracks. Like most of mine.

So.... whatever. It's fine though.

they should make it thread count then instead of flags. I don't know. Whatever.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So... the random guy who starts offensive and controversial topics gets huge amounts of flags and gets this bright gold symbol on their profile?

Yet the member who is constantly applauded for their contributions to other people's threads gets nothing... again.

The last system with the flags / stars / posts level AND the applause level was, in my opinion, perfect.

Yes I know they are still on the profile. But why replace them with a flags only bar on the mini-profile?

I consider flags as one of the least indicative things about a member. Anyone can get flags by starting a topic... the topic can be anything from a waste of space and confronting to the smoking gun... they all get flags.

Stars / Post count / applause, to me, are more indicative of the dedication of a member to ATS.

Totally disappointed with this latest change.

All this says to me is 'oh, more threads = more ad revenue = more money... so keep making dozens of threads for us'.

Flag count has NOTHING to do with how valuable a member is to ATS. This is all about hit count and money.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

You could always try advertising your threads in your signature, a lot of members do, I do.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Maybe applause went into the new formula? I am sure there will be an official statement.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Right. And I'm so glad you popped up because I was just thinking about you.

Both of us post most of our threads in the crypto forum, which isn't visited by most members. Our threads are well-researched but aren't shock topics. So for us, the area that we post our threads is just isn't popular.

It's not that we don't participate. People like political debates and UFOs more than cryptozoology, which is our favorite forum.

It's fine though. But I was just thinking about that.

@krog- Foof does that. It doesn't help in the crypto forum. People just aren't super interested in the mbielu-mbielu-mbielu.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Well obviously it's not done yet.

No need to soil our underwear until SO actually tells us how this thing works.

I am sure he's still coding it right now.

Let's be patient kids.

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
AHHHH..Holy smokes..
Bill- make it so members can customize their avatar..
Mood
Stars

Add/delete
Display whatever they wish...not sure of the coding involved..but damn at least maybe it would please everyone!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

They're probably going to add more indicators as they iron things out.

"Flag Contribution Level" certainly looks strange there all by itself, with no Points, no Mood, no Applause indicator, no "Stars Contribution Level", etc etc.....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Right. And I'm so glad you popped up because I was just thinking about you.

Both of us post most of our threads in the crypto forum, which isn't visited by most members. Our threads are well-researched but aren't shock topics. So for us, the area that we post our threads is just isn't popular.

It's not that we don't participate. People like political debates and UFOs more than cryptozoology, which is our favorite forum.

It's fine though. But I was just thinking about that.

@krog- Foof does that. It doesn't help in the crypto forum. People just aren't super interested in the mbielu-mbielu-mbielu.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by ravenshadow13]

You are right.

Flags have nothing to do with the quality of content. All it has to do with is how many people like the poster and/or like what they are saying.

I could spend a week raiding books and websites to create a highly researched, ground breaking thread and theory about something and since it takes effort to read and isn't controversial / confronting it would most likely die after 10 flags (if that).

Where as, I could go into the Spirituality forum, post something offensive about Christians, and rack up 50 flags in a day.

That is my point.

Flags are not reflective of quality. They are reflective of quantity and how well you can get someone on / off side.

But as others have said, this new system is probably not complete yet so I may be jumping the gun getting riled up over it.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Now THATS an idea!

Let us choose. Certain people post, certain people make threads. Why alienate a whole group of us who doesnt have the time to start threads? Its almost like the people discussing dont matter, just as long as you keep popping out threads like you're the Nadya Suleman of ATS and you will get your big nice logo.

Ive always liked ATS for the quality of the threads. Now your pushing for quantity so it all turns to crap? cause that's what usually happens when you for go quality.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by deadline527]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I say take it all away for a period of three months.
Once everybody forgets about flags, bars, status titles and how to get them then everybody will get back to the purpose of the site.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

There's no need. If you look closely there is only a small part of the community who are against this type of system.

They'll get over it. Besides SO probably wants to make this as inclusive as possible, so you can bet to see some Stars related and Applause related graphics or recognition as well.

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The simple fact is....

No matter what they come up with there will always be somebody in the crowd who thinks they have been cheated OR it's just not right OR it should be this way OR that way.... Yadda Yadda blah blah blah

Jeez it was just supposed to be a nice way to say thank you from the powers that be....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I personally enjoyed logging onto ATS to see my points go up whenever I posted or made a good thread and it was a great indicator of how much I contributed. Now after three and a half years of contributing I get a blank bar? Yea that really makes me want to bother any more.

Its too bad ATS is the only site like this, I have nowhere else to go.

Ill deal with it but will always think its a horribly stupid idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join