It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do Chrisians to fight of arrogant people?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I want to thank you Conspiriology for reaffirming that I made the right decision to seek my own path and salvation. I want absolutely nothing to do with what ever it is you represent.

Is what you are doing called "witnessing for Christ?"

Ah, there’s that shame them into better behavior critical tactic I love to see. It’s amusing and not to mention stuffed full of logical fallacy.

Tell me, Whaaa. Would you dismiss a piece of scientific evidence based on the personality of the scientist who presented it? Why not? Because truth will be truth regardless of the presentation. If God, as told by the Christian Bible, really is the truth, then it would be foolish to toss out the baby with the bath water.

Not even Jesus catered to the delicate sensitivities of others. He also said it like it is. He might even be called a bigot if He was alive today. Actually, I know He would be because if I simply quote some of the things He said I will and have been called a bigot. Jesus didn’t coddle and neither does Con. And certainly not when there is so much as stake.

So what exactly was it about Con’s wry sense of humor that was so offensive?

[edit on 5/5/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Tell me, Whaaa. Would you dismiss a piece of scientific evidence based on the personality of the scientist who presented it?

Funny someone who created a thread called "The Gullibility of Evolutionists" would make that statement.

Honestly, both atheists and Christians need to quit whining on this site. I'm about tired of the "Atheists have it so bad", or "How can we Christians prove we are better" threads.

Who cares?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Funny someone who created a thread called "The Gullibility of Evolutionists" would make that statement.

Oh hush.

Besides, I don't dismiss evolution because I don't like Darwin (who was actually a very nice man) or Dawkins (can't stand the man) or any other scientist. I dismiss evolution because it is bunk.

But that is neither here nor there in terms of this thread. Yes, I agree the whining from all sides is getting old however I do feel JIT was justified in his thread. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

edit on 4-5-2008 by whaaaI want to thank you Conspiriology for reaffirming that I made the right decision to seek my own path and salvation.

Well umm Hi, there, "whaaa", I don't think we have met have we? No I don't think so. I don't think we have met and I don't think It would be fair for me to take credit for the re-affirmation you have honored me with here in this thread for the most seriously considered choice you are ever going to make in your life moreover I do not accept the consequences nor responsibility, or any other mortal liabilities that may come as a result of your making said choice due to something I have said or done to you or anyone else. Having said that and with all due respect whaaa, would you be so kind as to offer your very best most honest reason you feel I am worthy of having the dubious distinction of making your mind up for you, or at least affirming it was the "right choice".

The reason I ask, is pretty academic really,

I have NO idea what you are talking about.

I want absolutely nothing to do with what ever it is you represent.

Ok, sorry for trying to push it down your throat.

what ever it was.

Ya know the thing that really has me confused is that what ever YOU represent and however badly I may think you represent it. I am mature enough and wise enough to know that everyone boils at differen't degrees. I know that if I were to judge everything everybody else represents the same way, It really wouldn't be fair to me if it would have in fact been the better choice nor would it be fair to the entity represented.

TextIs what you are doing called "witnessing for Christ?"

Whaaa,, do you know anyone, anyone at all, that would say bad things about you? Things that may or may not be true?

If you are like most of us, the answer to that is yes. Now I may not be the best "person" YOU want me to be and I may not be the best Christian p4t wants me to be, but in the grand scheme of things we are all the sum total of the choices we make.

Sometimes, we are our own compromise.

I only came here to post my own opinion like everyone else here. I have been accused of forgetting to credit exitboy for admitting he was wrong when he was, when in fact HE was wrong and I DID point out the quotes used DID infact show he admitted being corrected.

I might add without a single mention from him admitting it was wrong of him to go on that big tirade just about that. If that wasn't enough, he accused me of taking his quotes out of context without showing any other context but that which is the only context the quotes can be made.

The rest of the post is superfluous adding nothing nor taking anything away from it. I could have just as easily copy pasted the quote from the thread but what it is about them in rotation is what makes the difference I guess.

If anyone has a problem with using quotes to impeach the testimony of someone with a history of antagonizing Christians, anything you say can and will be used against you here at ATS. Now as I have said, this doesn't make exit-boy any worse than I moreover, I know I can stand outside with exitboy in the middle of the afternoon, and,,

The suns going to shine on BOTH of us.

If I asked you to be drop dead honest whaaa, I don't think you could say what ever it was that you want to embellish or imagine I said being anything other than appropriate considering the vitriolic tone in exitable boys posts.

I had tried gracefully to end any further discussion adding that we really don't have anything to share, and as you see, he is itching to get my goat.

Well,, I guess he can TRY.

You and I have never expanded the range of our shared experiences much less a beer over a bowl a peanuts at a sports bar or a hot dog at a ball game. The only thing I know about you, is that you seem to be angry at me and want to blame me in some back handed way or credit me for reaffirming your choice for your own path of salvation.

I am not going to beat this to death with you but I do think if you knew me and knew what I know about exit-boy as I do know more about him than he knows when it comes to the tactics he likes to use and why on threads like this and others. You would have a better perspective on this and not be so quick to see me in any other light but the opinion YOU form about me as to how I treat YOU.

I give everyone I meet on here a measure of respect and

that includes you

Respectfully

- Con

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Honestly, both atheists and Christians need to quit whining on this site. I'm about tired of the "Atheists have it so bad", or "How can we Christians prove we are better" threads.

Who cares?

Well as you probably have noticed subby, I have been posting in the political threads more these days and yes it is getting old

- Con

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Oh come on Conny, why won't you play with me? You never want to play with me. Why is that?

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

Can't win? Exitable boy, all anyone with an impartial bone in their body has to do is read your posts and mine and you have proven my point with every post you make. It's like I told you before, your argumentative nature doesn't prove your ability to argue.

Is it because I see right through you and you can't win?

Ha ha didn't I already show you why you think that.

Here let me refresh your memory exitboy,, ya see,

It wasn't just my opinion, it was a fact.

It wasn't just my opinion,,

It was your opinion too which included the caveat,

your opinion is that my opinion

was wrong

tsk tsk

- Con

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Different personalities are certainly emerging on this thread, and clearly some really grate against others.

I think AshleyD's point about how you can't judge the truth of a matter by the personality of the one presenting it can help us all to step back a bit when reading other people's posts. Thanks Ash.

reply to post by Sublime620

Does the 'whining', as you put it, put you off reading & thinking about the issues?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Conny.....are you only able to rehash the same old same old? Nothing new to offer? Nothing?

*yawn*

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I couldn't help it. I had to say it.

You know I

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Tell me, Whaaa. Would you dismiss a piece of scientific evidence based on the personality of the scientist who presented it? Why not? Because truth will be truth regardless of the presentation. If God, as told by the Christian Bible, really is the truth, then it would be foolish to toss out the baby with the bath water.

And therein lies the crux of the matter AshleyD. I don't think that the KJV of the Bible is the true WORD.

Translations in my opinion are not divinely inspired. To much of important stuff was omitted, and to much garbage, like Revelations was included.

And as far as Con is concerned...
He's mean for no reason, he has no real grace or style and
I don't associate with Mooks.

And I still want to thank you both for helping me make my decision to follow my own path.

Even if I'm wrong; I'm forgiven, right?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You HAVE to ask Jeshua for forgiveness. It doesn't come automatically, because you're trying to be a good person. God invites everyone to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, but, only those dressed appropriately, born again(In the Righteousness of The Lord) will be allowed.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by whaaa

You HAVE to ask Jeshua for forgiveness. It doesn't come automatically, because you're trying to be a good person. God invites everyone to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, but, only those dressed appropriately, born again(In the Righteousness of The Lord) will be allowed.

More arrogance and jumping to conclusions. How do you know I haven't asked for forgiveness?

Why is your version of Christianity more valid than mine?

[edit on 5-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

More arrogance and jumping to conclusions. How do you know I haven't asked for forgiveness?

Why is your version of Christianity more valid than mine?

[edit on 5-5-2008 by whaaa]

Because she has Christian Vista professional edition.

and those Christians are much more powerful than the mooky ones

- Con

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I hope you have.
I meant that if you thought that forgiveness is granted without asking, then that's wrong.
It makes people think that they can do whatever they feel like, without repercussions.
No arrogance.
Just mercy that when I asked the Lord to forgive me, he did, but, I had to ASK for it and I still do when I fall short.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

He isn't

He's mean for no reason,

Now gimme those slippers! and yer little DOG ToO Ahh Ha Ha ha ha!!

he has no real grace or style

So much for dancing with the stars

Your bigotry towards mooks has been noted:

Well jeez man, I'd like to answer your question, and it IS a question but last time someone did, you bit their head off called her arrogant then suggested your version of Christianity was besmirched.
I believe that was clearskies.

Talk about mean for no reason, all she was doin was what you asked.

And I still want to thank you both for helping me make my decision to follow my own path.

Don't flatter us so whaaa, especially on a cop out like that.

- Con

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I meant that if you thought that forgiveness is granted without asking, then that's wrong.

And that's what I ment by jumping to conclusions.

I think I remember something in the KJV about "judge not.....
and "let he without sin....

how does it go?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hello again, Whaaa. Thanks for replying.

And therein lies the crux of the matter AshleyD. I don't think that the KJV of the Bible is the true WORD.

I don't either. I think the KJV was great for its time and got the point of salvation across to the reader sufficiently in English. However, common sense would tell us a translation from the original language would not be inerrant and especially a translation that is 400 years old when progress in linguistics has been made in order to provide us with more accurate and modern translations. I'm partial to the NIV but even then I know an English translation is not perfect.

Translations in my opinion are not divinely inspired. To much of important stuff was omitted, and to much garbage, like Revelations was included.

I have to disagree with you about Revelation because I can see things lining up in the world today that were foretold in the book and prophecy that has already been fulfilled in the past as predicted by Revelation but that is not really related to this topic.

He's mean for no reason, he has no real grace or style and

Mooks? Yikes. Anyways, so your posting styles clash- that's ok. Styles clash all the time. Some posters are meek, some are blunt, and some like me are bipolar and a mixed bag of moods. I actually like the assortment of styles that are on ATS. Makes it interesting.

Oh, and Jesus associated with 'Mooks' and even focused His attention on them. Pretty cool.

I hope not. After all, we're told to work out our own salvation. If I'm standing before God one day and He asks me why I rejected the gift His Son gave for me by dying on the cross, I don't think "But God! It's not my fault. Some guy on an internet forum rubbed me the wrong way!" will cut it.

Anyways, it all goes back to styles. Jesus compares us to 'sheep among wolves' and tells us to be shrewd and bold. Peter also tells us to give a defense for what we believe but with meekness and respect. None of us are perfect and we're darn sure not always meek or respectful but we're all still learning and growing and it is human nature to lose our cool or temper especially when things often get heated around here.

Even Gandhi was wise enough to make the distinction between the Christ who he respected and the Christians he disliked.

But if you could go back and let me know what it was about my first comment to you that you found so distasteful I would love to know. Honestly. I didn't sugar coat but I didn't personally attack or insult you either. So, let me know and I can remedy or clarify any hard feelings.

I don't know what your beliefs are, Hon.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

So, let me know and I can remedy or clarify any hard feelings.

Hon.

Bless your heart AshleyD!!

Why don't we go out and get hammered on Tequila and cough syrup and find a nice place to dance the Mambo and split a plate of nachos.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Why don't we go out and get hammered on Tequila and cough syrup and find a nice place to dance the Mambo and split a plate of nachos.

Tequila, Mambo, and nachos. You must know I'm a Texas girl. And cough syrup which means you must know I am poor white trash.

You get the tab, though. I'm a freeloader.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Why does one HAVE to ask Jeshua for forgiveness? BTW: Who is Jeshua? I ask God for forgiveness when I feel I need it. Is there a problem with that? Is Jeshua like the Pope?
Some sort of inbetweener? I like to talk directly to God. Is Jeshua like a Consigliere? Most Consiglieres are mooks. Is Jeshua a mook?

If one is trying to be a good person, God will know. WTF is "Marriage Supper of the Lamb?" Is that a sequel to "Silence of The Lambs?" Does Hanibal the Cannibal get married in this sequel?

How doess one dress appropriately? Can I wear shorts and a Metallica t-shirt? Will be allowed where? That is one crazy paragraph friend!

....and Conny: as I thought - same old same old!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join