It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do Chrisians to fight of arrogant people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
How do we stop this, or do we just let the bible be true in revelation when it says the saints will be overcome in time of antichrist and be slaughtered?

whatever you do my dear brothers and sisters, I love you to death, you are real loving and I want all of you to STAY FIRM in the faith, forget arrogant ass people, man shake that stuff off like dust..

look at the girl in my sig, she seen miracles after miracle, I have too many times in my life of the same magnitute... you need to keep the faith..

remember God said it would be hardest in this hatefull ass society towards christians in the USA....... so your crown of faith will be more of a reward after death...

DO NOT LOSE THE FAITH..

arrogant people as I have known my whole life... try and use their arrogant ass confidence and so on to get you to change your mind or think differently but you got to see through people like a ghost....

I love you guys and stay firm..... I swear some of these antichristian post make me boil all hell inside... It's my Irish temper...

please just pray for everybody and love those that hate you and love those even though it's hard as hell, that remark hatefullness to your faith you cherish beyond measure..

[Snip] stay off of BTS all together, praise God, don't even waste time here, let the athiest have the hatefest they always wanted and run their lives out.....

this does not include all athiest here, I mean even madness has shown great respect as of late.... he's a good guy and seriously more athiest should be open minded like he is..

peace.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/4/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Moderators please forgive me do not delete this, but sometimes you have to be ruthless with the ruthless or else you will get walked all over.

peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You're right about it being irritating. I seriously had to leave
a thread yesterday because it was so stupid.
Many people think religious people are retarded, stupid, and fair game etc...

Don't let it get you down.
Faith in Jesus is an unbreakable fortress!

1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you].

1Pe 5:11 To him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Arrogance is a two way street.......

no one is immune....

sorry about the mixed metaphors

[edit on 30-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Moderators please forgive me do not delete this, but sometimes you have to be ruthless with the ruthless or else you will get walked all over.

peace.

The bible states that if anyone does not accept your message you should turn and walk away leaving only the dust of your feet behind:

Mark 6:11-
Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dirt off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them.”

Clearly the bible does not say to stay and do battle with them, no matter what you make of them.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I used to get frustrated and angry when reading or participating in ant-Christian threads but I realize now that God's word can stand by itself, he doesn't need me defending him. I'm more than happy to share the word of God but insults and sarcasm directed at me because of my faith/belief run like water off the back of a duck, it just doesn't penetrate.

The Bible says you are actually blessed when you are attacked because of Jesus, so rejoice!

We do more harm to our faith and God when we get angry and agressive in the name of God.

Love, peace and faithful action will always be God's light and be the thing that defends and leads!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In addition to KL's post, Acts 5:17-42 talks about the apostles being persecuted for delivering the good news by the Sadducees because of arrogance and jealousy. Their reaction and the apostle's reaction is described in verses 40 and 41 (emphasis mine):

His speech persuaded them. They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.

The apostles were flogged. You're merely being disagreed with and mocked. My friend, pray that God deliver you from this anger; He's the only one who can, and it is not coming from God. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, and we are called to love our enemies (Matthew 5:43-48) and to serve our enemies (Romans 12:10 quoting Proverbs 25:21-22)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is ALL correct, I have learned a HUGE lesson today.....

I will never use this tone again, but I will be firm when I need too... people just think as christians as push overs and it is not true, man I grew up in the slums, my bro was selling dimes and I seen it all and probably have wayyyyyyyy more street credit then these people who attack us but I always stay clam up till now...

I will not do that anymore because they are souls of God and I still love them..

thanks for teaching me a lesson guys..

peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Relax my friend. Can an amoeba mock the ocean's power?

Why do the nations rebel
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth take their stand
and the rulers conspire together
against the LORD and His Christ...

The One enthroned in Heaven laughs;
the Lord ridicules them.

Psalm 2 verses 1,2 & 4

The higher people exalt themselves in opposition to the eternal God, the more comical they look.

Every atom in their body exists because God made it, and they only breathe as long as He permits it. Nothing could be more worthy of derision than to oppose your Maker and Judge.

So how should we, as God's people, react? We need to remember that 'there go I, but for the grace of God', as the saying goes.

...you were once alienated and hostile in mind because of your evil actions. But now He has reconciled you...

Colossians 1:21

Seeing, then, as we are no better than the rest, we look down on no-one. Our longing that others would experience what we have experienced can enable us to rise above bitterness, and seek the good of all.

...do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you

Gospel of Luke 6:27b & 28

Isn't the Lord a wonderful teacher?!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I know you are correct, it is just hard to do... nothing makes me more angry then arrogance, and the only reason I posted this is because of whatuknows post...

I am sorry..

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I find this thread mildly hypocritical.

Being from Texas and surrounded by one flavor of fundamentalist Christian or another....

Isn't pride and feelings of superiority a form of arrogance?

I saw arrogance by the Church of Christ toward the Southern Baptist.
I saw arrogance by the Southern Baptist toward the Presbyterians.
They all Hated the Catholics. And in their Hearts they all hated the Jews, even though they payed lipservice, in that they are "Gods Chosen"

Look deep within yourselves and tell me that you don't feel pride and superiority over non believers. Is this arrogance? You reap what you sow!!

"Judge not" and all that jazz.....

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
JesusisTruth, this is a very important conversation and I thank you for making it public. There isn't anyone who can't relate to getting angry at times and with fervor verbosity defend their belief or position.

I, without a doubt, have a temper and struggle with it at times.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

I'm gonna be strait up with you..

I think all non believers are better then me by far.. and everybody in general... truly God has tuaght me humility to such a degree that I am nothing without him and think of myself as nothing..

But look, I only did this because of whatuknows post, it's the way he posted his post without sincerity of any kind.. i can't even reread it..

But anybody who looks down on people are hypocrites...

If you meet any christian waaaaa that thinks they are better then you, they are worse in gods eyes...

God wants people dirt humble.... like you could create 1,000,000 homeless shelters..... give out money to poor people every day

all that stuff and still at the end of the day say to yourself, it is ALL God... not I myself...... I am nothing without God..

Hypocrites always destroy our name....

peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..
waaaaa
peace.

Yeah right....yeah humility....

I even find you distorting my internet moniker a type of arrogance.

I would never even think of distorting yours JesusisTruth.

yeah
Peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
get outof here, it's a minor mistake whaaa... oh well forgiveness only exist in humble souls, will you forgive me?

lol..

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

get outof here, it's a minor mistake whaaa... oh well forgiveness only exist in humble souls, will you forgive me?

lol..

its a joke asking your brother in Christ to forgive you isn't it? You rant and rave about some guy who has a bone to pick about God's temper then turn around and be fititious and backbiting...How typical Jesus, no wonder when God comes back he is drenched in blood...Amen brother.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm from Georgia, but I have been to almost EVERY church you mentioned.
Most Christians SEEM to be aloof when it comes to other churches, because we all have our own beliefs and we try to live it.
How do you know most Christians in Texas hate Jews in their heart???
San Antonio has one of the most pro-Israel preachers at present in the United States; John Haggee!
I don't believe in Zionism, BTW.

Life here is a race!
If your brother is slower than you, you won't stop and pull him along if He likes to stay behind and WALK.

I am non-denominational.
Because it's so hard to find a doctrinally sound church.
In some churches, man's traditions trump some of Jesus' most precious teachings on faith and works.

Then, there is the crazy weird spirit churches(where I used to go.)
False doctrines and spirits!
Where is a true New Testament church???
Many good ones might have a title, but, they go by SCRIPTURE, The Lord and His Holy spirit!

Only TWO churches in Revelations went unrebuked and honored by Jeshua, The Church of Smyrna and the Church of Philadelphia!

Tha Baptists are so called, because of the Anabaptists(re-baptisers)
How they fought for that title. Being persecuted and burnt at the stake!
Because they preached "you must be born again" and THEN baptised!

There's good people in churches as well as bad, but a strong, spirit-filled church will have fewer bad.
My current church is a Full Gospel church,(It's doctrines don't disagree with scripture) but, in my Church that is SECOND to the Holy Spirit!

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Mg bug....

whaaa is an athiest I think, it was a joke..

as for whatuknow, I do forgive him and love him as a soul but he shown no sicnerity in his post, it was the way he went about that post...

we get bashed for no reason..

peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

As a believer in God almighty who has been humbled to the point of tears and self-mortification... understanding accepted. God is REAL and he does what he does, not that his followers can have it all mapped out but so they can exist by faith and not by sight - walking like blind men admist the storm. God's end is LOVE and none else get that through your thick head. If you are wise do not entertain the idea that you have a choice - We are judge already...God loves us period - I KNOW he loves me or my nuts wouldn't be quite so big.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

whaaa is an athiest I think

You think wrong! Just more judgmental arrogance.
How did you come to that conclusion JesusisTruth?

It's this type of attitude that I have experienced in my past that has prompted me to find my own spiritual path and reject the hypocritical mindset of spiritual arrogance and pride.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join